HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Michel Therrien II

Old
03-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Gauthier did nothing of the sort. Gauthier kind of made random moves at random times. Dropping Cammy for Bourque was a loss of speed and puck possession. Failing to bring back Halpern was another loss of possession. The only move that sort of fits that definition was Spacek for Kaberle, but Kaberle has been so unbelievably bad that it was a net-negative.
Nice to see one of Gauthier's more obvious mistakes has been corrected.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The problem is that Galchenyuk ALWAYS miss the net with his shot. It's quick, nice release and everything but it almost never hits the net.
Just a matter of time before he starts to find the net......Really impressed with Galchenyuk against the Bruins and the way he set up play after play.....he deserves some PP time...Come on MT !!

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:24 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Do Gm's do that? We should have recommended Cunneyworth for Toronto.
When people hire a person, they will sometimes talk to their ex-boss to see what they think of him/her.

I don't see why it would be different in hockey.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:56 PM
THE HOFF

picked up this thread on the 3rd page, I don't think it deserves to slide that far...

Once again tonight Michel Therrien explains the game/his decisions and we see him unfold as a totally different coach than he was during his first stint with the habs. I have never seen a habs head coach such in control, and so proactive with the management of details. He plays players a times of the game where logically they shouldn't play ... and of course he's going to burn himself doing that at one point, its inevitable ... but what comes out of it is a sense that everyone is just as important and they have to bring what they can bring to the table. Getting the most out of this hockey team, I believe.

tonight, last minute, prust-white-moen ... love it. I can't remember a coach being so casual about things like that. I wasn't a big deal, it was just the thing to do. its not arrogance, its pride. they didn't look for trouble, but they were damn ready for it. tip of the hat to MT.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:28 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Wife says I have a man crush on him at the same time saying he is "very sexy".

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:50 AM
belko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I remember when Therrien got slamed because he used Lindsay instead of Perrault for an important faceoff against Carolina in the Playoffs. Everybody wanted to crucified him because Perrault was the best at faceoffs in the league. It turned out Lindsay lost the faceoffs, Caroline scored and later eliminate the Habs.

Well, I agreed with Therrien's move at the time, even if it turned out wrong. Sure Perrault was the best, but even the best lose many faceoffs. And Lindsay wasn't bad at all. The point is, when Perrault lose a faceoffs, he becomes useless as he was horrible defensively. While Lindsay rarely lost a faceoffs "frankly" and was the tipe of player willing to throw himself in front of the shoorter is he was to lose one.

It was a good decision that turned bad
Couldn't disagree more. Bad decision, bad result. Lindsay was a winger, not a centre. Dumb move, no other way to interpret it. I held that against Therrien for years lol.

That said, very impressed with Therrien 2.0. I was very dubious about the hiring, still displeased with his previous work here, but he continues to impress me as the season goes on.

belko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by belko View Post
Couldn't disagree more. Bad decision, bad result. Lindsay was a winger, not a centre. Dumb move, no other way to interpret it. I held that against Therrien for years lol.

That said, very impressed with Therrien 2.0. I was very dubious about the hiring, still displeased with his previous work here, but he continues to impress me as the season goes on.
Was it not Linden and not Lindsay? I don't recall a Lindsay playing for us.

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:58 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
When people hire a person, they will sometimes talk to their ex-boss to see what they think of him/her.

I don't see why it would be different in hockey.
Because it's much easier to assess one man's performance in hockey than in most business; where everything happens behind closed doors.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:49 AM
belko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
Was it not Linden and not Lindsay? I don't recall a Lindsay playing for us.
Bill Lindsay. He was with Florida before we got him, via waivers I think. Left winger out to take the most important draw of the season when No Panic Yanic is sitting on the bench.

Let's just be glad that Therrien has clearly improved tactically since then! Credit where it's due.

belko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
habsfansincebirth3
Rookie User

Ever since Therrien back onto the scene, I've become a huge fan. Plus there's just something about him that I find sexy - maybe it's his eyes? Haha.. oh and yes, I am a female.

habsfansincebirth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Habblues

Time fo Therrien to continue doing what he`s done all year, and that`s play the best man for the job. He`s yet to do that regarding Goaltending, but that man is Peter Budaj.>>>> I realize he`s been hoping Price would get it together soon but it hasn`t happened , so it`s time for an extended rest......We need Budaj against the Flyers IMO......
One more point: Is MT saving Galchenyuk for next season ?? One of the hottest Habs of late and we hardly saw him out there earlier tonight ? not sure why MT didn`t reunite the Prust Galchenyuk Gallagher line going into the 3rd, what would he have to loose ?

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:32 AM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansincebirth3 View Post
Ever since Therrien back onto the scene, I've become a huge fan. Plus there's just something about him that I find sexy - maybe it's his eyes? Haha.. oh and yes, I am a female.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:12 AM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Therrien's been playing grabass with his favourites all year - he's not going to change now.

We didnt complain because we were winning but Therrien's PP is built on Subban, otherwise it's one of the worst looking PPs I've seen on the Habs. He doesn't take advantage of Pacioretty's big body or Ryder's accurate shot whatsoever.

And he keeps playing Gionta and keeps playing DD when they ought to be benched. He demoted Bourque in favour of Prust on the Pleks-Gionta line - that's got to be a demotion for Pleks, no?

We've been sputtering recently and it's a nice test to see Therrien's resolve and ability, so far we're rarely been out played but he needs to fix the PP, the Subban thing has been figured out.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:47 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Therrien's been playing grabass with his favourites all year - he's not going to change now.

We didnt complain because we were winning but Therrien's PP is built on Subban, otherwise it's one of the worst looking PPs I've seen on the Habs. He doesn't take advantage of Pacioretty's big body or Ryder's accurate shot whatsoever.

And he keeps playing Gionta and keeps playing DD when they ought to be benched. He demoted Bourque in favour of Prust on the Pleks-Gionta line - that's got to be a demotion for Pleks, no?

We've been sputtering recently and it's a nice test to see Therrien's resolve and ability, so far we're rarely been out played but he needs to fix the PP, the Subban thing has been figured out.
PP was great with Markov/Diaz... and is now solid too with Markov/Subban...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:45 AM
macavoy

Quote:

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Shabutie

Quote:

The bolded part is inaccurate. Prust started on that line to get something going on the first shift. Rest of the game it was Bourque. He looked like the Bourque of last year imo.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:32 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:

Therrien needs to go back and watch some film on games that were played this season.

Ryder was dominant with Pleks and Gio.

Eller and Chuckie were playing great hockey with Prust creating space for them.

The Habs have come a long way with Bourque injured. There is no need to disrupt the chemistry that this team had by swapping lines right before the playoffs.

Sorry Bourque. You should be on the 4th line. Not because of the skill level. No, because of the chemistry between two very important lines for our offense.

I just hope that Therrien does not channel Carbo who did not even have the slightest idea what chemistry among linemates meant.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:44 PM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Quote:

You shouldn't post when drunk. That means you should never post.

It's far from being one of the worst PPs ever. That he keeps putting Gionta there is a headscratcher, no doubt but there's no need for ultra-negativity when the PP is Top5 in the league.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
You shouldn't post when drunk. That means you should never post.

It's far from being one of the worst PPs ever. That he keeps putting Gionta there is a headscratcher, no doubt but there's no need for ultra-negativity when the PP is Top5 in the league.
The only thing that irks me is that we haven't given Galchenyuk a shot to run the 2nd wave on the PP. Instead it's Desharnais who has (I believe) 5PPP this season... I don't see how Galchenyuk could do much worse. We've seen what Galchenyuk can do when he has space... I think they should give him a shot.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Therrien needs to go back and watch some film on games that were played this season.

Ryder was dominant with Pleks and Gio.

Eller and Chuckie were playing great hockey with Prust creating space for them.

The Habs have come a long way with Bourque injured. There is no need to disrupt the chemistry that this team had by swapping lines right before the playoffs.

Sorry Bourque. You should be on the 4th line. Not because of the skill level. No, because of the chemistry between two very important lines for our offense.

I just hope that Therrien does not channel Carbo who did not even have the slightest idea what chemistry among linemates meant.
Yes.

Ryder is not quite the same since Bourque is back.

Ryder > Bourque... at least in terms of hand eye co-ordination.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:15 PM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
The only thing that irks me is that we haven't given Galchenyuk a shot to run the 2nd wave on the PP. Instead it's Desharnais who has (I believe) 5PPP this season... I don't see how Galchenyuk could do much worse. We've seen what Galchenyuk can do when he has space... I think they should give him a shot.
That or the other guy that has 5PPP in much fewer PP minutes, M. Lars Eller. Eller has even less PP TOI/game than Galchenyuk (1:04 vs 0:38). And then you compared what these guys bring overall vs DD who has an average of 2:46 minutes on the PP per game...

Old
04-14-2013, 02:17 PM
bib
#believe

Would love to see what Galchenyuk could do playing alongside Plekanec.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:13 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Playing favorites and not being able to understand when momentum turns in the game are going to hurt us in the play-offs.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:43 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Yes.

Ryder is not quite the same since Bourque is back.

Ryder > Bourque... at least in terms of hand eye co-ordination.
The decision to move Ryder down to the 3rd line baffled me. Ryder is our goal scoring leader and points leader. So Therrien thinks that its a great idea to move our best offensive player down to the third to make room for Bourque.

I expected that from Carbo. I am dismayed that Therrien took that route.

Old
04-14-2013, 04:46 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Would love to see what Galchenyuk could do playing alongside Plekanec.

Why?

That's what next pre-season is for. We already know that the combination of Pleks, Gio and Ryder can score goals better than any other line or line combination.

Galchenyuk is more valuable to the team with Eller and Prust.