Old
04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
So with post 101 of this thread, I ask the people who want Claude Julien fired;

A. Who would you replace him with

and

B. What about that replacement's system, coaching style or tactics would lead you to believe he would find success with the current personnel system?

I've seen several people in this thread ask the OP and other Claude detractors the same thing, and, not shockingly not one single member of the "Fire Clode" group can answer those two questions.

So yeah.

Go ahead. I think we'd all like to see just who would replace a coach two years off of a Stanley Cup win.

Until then, it's all just background noise....like Charlie Brown's teacher.

04-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
One of the best coaches in the league IMO.

He's certainly not infallible, but there are only 2 or 3 coaches I'd consider as good/better.

04-14-2013, 02:14 PM
maahchand10

Tom Renney
Larry Robinson
Bob Hartley
Ted Nolan
Mike Milbury
Brent Sutter
Guy Boucher

I admit some of these are laughable. Point is saying there is no one else is laughable.

Not sure about all of their systems. I think that would be PC's job to "evaluate". None of them are as Godly as Claude but I am sure if some research was done there are coaches somewhere. I wish Rick Bowness got another shot.

People make it seem like their are no other coaches ANYWHERE. So I guess it is CLODE for life, since their is no one else in the whole AHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL....

Old
04-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahchand10 View Post
I obviously am not pro Claude , but you make a good point. I feel Chia also shoulders some of the blame. After winning a cup I probably would have done the same in keeping the young core together, who wouldn't right? Maybe Claude doesn't have the right pieces and a coach does have to play with the hand he is dealt. As constituted I don't feel their first line is a true first line, the way they are playing at least. Aside from Marchand and Jagr I don't feel we have enough true finishers (after last night I learned Jagr isn't a finisher anyway lol). Maybe Seguin too, he definitely should be I just don't think he is used correctly.

I think Chiarelli has to make some moves this off-season add more speed and at least two guys who can finish because I don't see Jagr coming back and I think most agree Horton is gone.

But all of that is pointless if the philosphy is to give the whole team balanced minutes...Wait that's wrong when the Cambells and Peverlys are getting more TOI then Seguin I am guessing offensive production would go down.

Go ahead let er rip "like it's that easy to add two guys who can finish consistently " If I was a free agent goal scorer I'm not sure I would want to play in this "system" anyway.
There's very few doubts, in my mind, that Horton is a goner. I think you're right about the speed issue. We need to "stretch" the play from our blueline to the O zone. We have to keep our opponents on their heels. It will be interesting to see what Chiarelli will do with Savard's cap hit. It's crystal clear that he's not coming back and the Bruins could use that Cap space to add 1-2 players. If they elect to do so then this tough question need to be asked: Who, in your top 6, will go/move down the roster? I can't imagine Lucic (at 6 per) playing on the 3rd line so... You replace Horton and move Peverly in order to have a young skilled player to replace him? Tough decisions for sure but i think it's clear that this offense is missing from that special ingredient called: sound decisions making ( with and without the puck).

At the blueline, work need to be done. If we assume that Chara,Seid and Hamilton are fixture, then decisions on Ference,Mcquaid and Boychuk need to be made. If you try to acquire a top 4 D-man, then there's only two spots left. Do you " clean the house " and give a legit shot to Bartowski and Krug to make the team or do you keep Mcquaid for his steady defense and slot him with Bartowski?? One thing for sure, the Bruins have the pieces to make a MAJOR trade if they elect to do so. An interesting summer is coming for sure...

Old
04-14-2013, 02:15 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post

He's certainly not infallible, but there are only 2 or 3 coaches I'd consider as good/better.
Did you feel this way pre 2011 about Julien?

Old
04-14-2013, 02:17 PM
doakacola*

Quote:

Id say there are 4 or 5 that are as good as Julien. Laviolette, Hitch, Quenville, Tortorella & Bylsma are right there with him. Laviolette for certain with a Cup and coaching a team that came back from a 3-0 deficit and lastly uttering a phrase only a hockey person from Mass could,"typical Montreal"...lol.

Last edited by doakacola*: 04-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old
04-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
Quote:
Tom Renney
Larry Robinson
Bob Hartley
Ted Nolan
Mike Milbury
Brent Sutter
Guy Boucher

I admit some of these are laughable. Point is saying there is no one else is laughable.

Not sure about all of their systems. I think that would be PC's job to "evaluate". None of them are as Godly as Claude but I am sure if some research was done there are coaches somewhere. I wish Rick Bowness got another shot.

People make it seem like their are no other coaches ANYWHERE. So I guess it is CLODE for life, since their is no one else in the whole AHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL....
I didn't read anyone here saying that.

The point is that it just gets old seeing people screaming "FIRE CLODE" but then not offering any ideas as to what to do after that happens. You have a list of names and that's great, but you admittedly say some are laughable and some we don't have any idea if they want to coach. Then go the next step and say you don't have any idea how they'd translate to coaching THIS select group of personnel, because that's something that has to be considered when you bring in a new coach.

I'm not attacking you, perse, please understand that. At least you've got names. I'm not even attacking the "Fire Clode" crowd. I don't know if he's the answer, but right now he's the only known quantity until somebody can find a better option and explain WHY that person is a better option.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:30 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Id say there are 4 or 5 that are as good as Julien. Laviolette, Hitch, Quenville, Tortorella & Bylsma are right there with him. Laviolette for certain with a Cup and coaching a team that came back from a 3-0 deficit and lastly uttering a phrase only a hockey person from Mass could,"typical Montreal"...lol.
Sorry, but Laviolette, Tortorella, and Bylsma are not equal or better than Julien. You'll find many Penguins fans that really don't like Bylsma. Even Quenville isn't always loved by Blackhawks fan, and he's very fortunate he has an excellent team in front of him.

These threads are quite comical with people calling for his head when it's certain players on this team that are playing like crap, essentially handicapping him.

If people want to claim Lucic, Horton, and Peverley are playing poorly because of Julien, fine, but I disagree. However, if that is not the case, then Julien is pretty much putting lines together with three top nine players that are not playing anywhere near that level.

I can't believe the OP wants to see players double shifted. He'd be the first person crying about it if those players become fatigued in the playoffs.

Julien is fine and is not even close to being the problem. He's not the one whiffing on shots, trying to skate 1 on 3, and shooting the puck high and wide or into the goalies chest. He's not the one making terrible passes at the blue line leading to turnovers, not back checking, and floating around half the time. If people want to blame those actions on Julien, go ahead, but you're wrong.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:36 PM
burstnbloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
Sorry, but Laviolette, Tortorella, and Bylsma are not equal or better than Julien. You'll find many Penguins fans that really don't like Bylsma. Even Quenville isn't always loved by Blackhawks fan, and he's very fortunate he has an excellent team in front of him.
Bylsma is the ultimate players coach. He kind of just lets them do what they want, system be damned. You can do that when you have the most talented team in hockey, but when your teams best chance to win is when they are all bought into a strong structure, he is the wrong coach.

Laviolette is a good coach, but his players have eventually tuned him out at every stop.

Tortorella... so you want a coach that preaches most of the same things but yells about it more.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:37 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Did you feel this way pre 2011 about Julien?
Good question. Another question: If they hadn't scraped through the Montreal series by the skin of their teeth, would Julian still be considered a top 3 coach? Would he even be employed by the Bruins?

Old
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
It's hard to watch the effort level and intensity of St. Louis today compared to what the Bruins are bringing.

It's not even close.
A lot of good that did them.

Old
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I am far from a Claude fan but he is a good coach and you can't blame all the team woes on him. His lines at times have been baffling as have some of the choices of players on ice at pivotal moments.

But he has insight into things we don't. We don't know who has lingering injuries or who has been slacking off or busting their ass in practice.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:39 PM
EastCoastNiner

If people here had their way, the Bruins would be without a top five goalie and a top five coach.

It'd be interesting to read the threads during a season without the two of them......

Over/under: A year and half before Seguin/Bergeron's heads are being called for?

Old
04-14-2013, 02:40 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
So with post 101 of this thread, I ask the people who want Claude Julien fired;

A. Who would you replace him with

and

B. What about that replacement's system, coaching style or tactics would lead you to believe he would find success with the current personnel system?

I've seen several people in this thread ask the OP and other Claude detractors the same thing, and, not shockingly not one single member of the "Fire Clode" group can answer those two questions.

So yeah.

Go ahead. I think we'd all like to see just who would replace a coach two years off of a Stanley Cup win.

Until then, it's all just background noise....like Charlie Brown's teacher.
Here we go again (sigh). Wake me when it's over.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
And what did Chiarelli say after they got booted by the Caps last year in his press conference? Don't remember exactly all I know was it was something like they were tired from the year before!!
Whoever makes the finals this year is going to have a real struggle ahead next season with the even shorter layoff.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:41 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:

*THIS. THIS. THIS.*

Over & out,

Old
04-14-2013, 02:42 PM
pierre gagnon*

Ted Nolan and let go of some of the slow big players and bring up spooner and koko next year and make room for griffith and knight. Lets get some speed thru the neutral zone and some imagination in our passing.

We need a puck moving deeman like a karlsson. Lets get into speed like everyone else. Creativity will improve the PP, lets face it smaller fast players get powerplays chances look at the habs. The reffing will not go back, so size is working against us.

Jagr has been a fresh breathe of air and how many times did you see seguin wind it up, everyone got outta there seat. When spooner played it was the same. Nothing wrong with defensive hockey and size but we need to balance it out and stay in touch with the other teams. Before we are left behind and before Julien turns evreyone it a checker.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

If CJ was to leave I would only want his replacements to be Torts or Lavi.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:44 PM
doakacola*

Quote:

These threads are quite comical with people calling for his head when it's certain players on this team that are playing like crap, essentially handicapping him.

If people want to claim Lucic, Horton, and Peverley are playing poorly because of Julien, fine, but I disagree. However, if that is not the case, then Julien is pretty much putting lines together with three top nine players that are not playing anywhere near that level.

I can't believe the OP wants to see players double shifted. He'd be the first person crying about it if those players become fatigued in the playoffs.

Julien is fine and is not even close to being the problem. He's not the one whiffing on shots, trying to skate 1 on 3, and shooting the puck high and wide or into the goalies chest. He's not the one making terrible passes at the blue line leading to turnovers, not back checking, and floating around half the time. If people want to blame those actions on Julien, go ahead, but you're wrong.
Laviolette is every bit as good as Julien. The two things on his resume make the point. Care to tell me what makes Laviolette inferior?

Old
04-14-2013, 02:45 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
If CJ was to leave I would only want his replacements to be Torts or Lavi.
So, you'd replace him with two worse coaches?

Old
04-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
So, you'd replace him with two worse coaches?
How are they worse? Lavi got to the SCF a few years ago and Torts seems to be a good coach.

If you noticed I said IF he were to leave no where did I say to fire him.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

The list of "best coaches" changes every year, for the most part.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:50 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Laviolette is every bit as good as Julien. The two things on his resume make the point. Care to tell me what makes Laviolette inferior?
No, he's not.

People who think that Julien doesn't adjust and is stubborn would have a field day with Laviolette.

He does not adjust, and hasn't adjusted since the lock-out. His style is suited for a lot of open ice and scoring opportunities, and once teams have figured that out, he's failed to adjust time after time after time.

He'll be gone from Philly very soon.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:51 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstnbloom View Post
Bylsma is the ultimate players coach. He kind of just lets them do what they want, system be damned. You can do that when you have the most talented team in hockey, but when your teams best chance to win is when they are all bought into a strong structure, he is the wrong coach.

Laviolette is a good coach, but his players have eventually tuned him out at every stop.

Tortorella... so you want a coach that preaches most of the same things but yells about it more.
Crosby has missed major parts of the last two seasons and Pitt has had good records w / o him.
So you clearly are ignoring Bylsma 's track record. Add the Detroit coach to the list also. Every bit as good as CJ.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:53 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
No, he's not.

People who think that Julien doesn't adjust and is stubborn would have a field day with Laviolette.

He does not adjust, and hasn't adjusted since the lock-out. His style is suited for a lot of open ice and scoring opportunities, and once teams have figured that out, he's failed to adjust time after time after time.

He'll be gone from Philly very soon.
SC ring and remember who was the coach opposing him when he guided his team back frlm 3-0, 3-0.

So YES HE IS...lol.

Closed Thread