HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 41: Kings vs. Ducks - 4/13/13 - Crazy Regulation Win! 2-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 02:33 PM
  #101
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Let's just say, and especially when it is a player with jersey numbers with either 7 or 1 at the beginning, I refer to the TV screen to make sure who Bob is actually talking about. But I wouldn't trade him for the world - anyone else notice that he is very passionate this year?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:19 PM
  #102
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,184
vCash: 500
Minus the 2nd period gaffe by Quick, my thought about Quick was, "He's baaaaaaack.". I wonder if one of the main reasons for his up & down play this season, with the addition of the off season back surgery, was also the fact he had the birth of his 2nd child on his mind?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:26 PM
  #103
123slam
Registered User
 
123slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Scuds had a hell of a game.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
  #104
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Scuds had a hell of a game.
Yes, he did , one of his best all year. That play against Perry was outstanding...Scuds was warrior mode.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:32 PM
  #105
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Surprised their is no mention of this, but with last nights win Jonathan Quick passed Kelly Hrudey for 2nd on the franchise wins list (146) and 25 back of Rogie Vachon with 171.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/team...rs_career.html
because there's NO Prize for 2nd ... and Quick isn't done yet, it's like winning the Campbell Bowl or Wales Trophy, we don't want to touch it ... we'll celebrate next season when he passes Rogie Vachon and becomes the GREATEST KING GOALIE EVER*


*except in the minds of those die-hard Jonathan Bernier fans who think Bernie is still better, if only Sutter played him more

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:41 PM
  #106
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Unwritten forum rule: be thankful for what you have with Bob Miller. No criticizing the greatest ever.

It's blasphemy to speak any ill of Vin Scully. Miller should be held in similar regard.
THIS +1 ... the guy is almost 75 years old and has been doing this for 40 years now, he's a LEGEND, nay a GOD among sports announcers/commentators ... he gets a free pass on ANY and ALL Mistakes ... like his constant DEREK King calls, heck I agree with him ... DWIGHT King has been MIA, so might as well call him DEREK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Scuds had a hell of a game.
Mentioned it in the GDT ... he was awesome, and those people that think Scuderi is DONE, they need to pull their heads out of their collective *****. He's just been overworked due to the loss of Mitchell and Greene, he & Doughty have been eating up like 8 to 10 extra minutes of playing time per game as a result, and he's been getting hammered more ... that would take a toll on anyone. Now that Regehr RoaR is here that will ease things up on Scuds, and we should get Greene back maybe this coming week ? so I look for the Scuds we all saw in the playoffs to be there again.


Last edited by Puck U: 04-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:05 PM
  #107
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 11,761
vCash: 500
Finally got to watch the full game. That was crazy...I dont think my heart could take 7 games vs. the Ducks!

Ducks fans are starting to remind me of canucks fans a few years ago...many truly believe their team just can't be beat any random night without major excuses. This time it was the refs...even though their only goal was shorthanded, lol.

I have to believe putting Muzzin and Ellerby together is a contest to see who sucks less. What a disaster of a pairing. I really want Ellerby to succeed, but you can't have that size and skating ability and just get flat out beat BOTH on the boards and to the front of the net. Both of those guys were like a pair of drunk Bouwmeesters last night.

On a positive note, very nice to see the big guys stepping the heck up--DOughty, Richards, Quick--and our first line is just disgusting at possession. You know they're due to strike soon.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:07 PM
  #108
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Mentioned it in the GDT ... he was awesome, and those people that think Scuderi is DONE, they need to pull their heads out of their collective *****. He's just been overworked due to the loss of Mitchell and Greene, he & Doughty have been eating up like 8 to 10 extra minutes of playing time per game as a result, and he's been getting hammered more ... that would take a toll on anyone. Now that Regehr RoaR is here that will ease things up on Scuds, and we should get Greene back maybe this coming week ? so I look for the Scuds we all saw in the playoffs to be there again.
Exactly. Since the Kings brought in Regher, Scuderi has had less of a 'go to defensive guy' workload. Well, minus the Dallas game, but everyone but Quick showed up for that **** show. He pretty much made Perry his b****h last night with some solid defensive plays against him. Kings get Greene back, and this team is prepped for another impressive run. I want a back-to-back soooooo ****ing bad, mostly just to shut the "it was a fluke run", "Kings had an easy run", "NHL gift wrapped the Cup to the Kings", and "Kings were lucky to win the Cup" yappers up.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
  #109
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Exactly. Since the Kings brought in Regher, Scuderi has had less of a 'go to defensive guy' workload. Well, minus the Dallas game, but everyone but Quick showed up for that **** show. He pretty much made Perry his b****h last night with some solid defensive plays against him. Kings get Greene back, and this team is prepped for another impressive run. I want a back-to-back soooooo ****ing bad, mostly just to shut the "it was a fluke run", "Kings had an easy run", "NHL gift wrapped the Cup to the Kings", and "Kings were lucky to win the Cup" yappers up.
Those fools will never shut up, they will just find a new way to discredit a win.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:17 PM
  #110
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
The lameness of Ducks fans really goes beyond being rivals. Many of their fans just don't really understand hockey and are super casual at best.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:20 PM
  #111
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racquetball View Post
The lameness of Ducks fans really goes beyond being rivals. Many of their fans just don't really understand hockey and are super casual at best.
They really are. Most of them are just fans of the children films or they are bandwagon fans that stayed on after 2007. Having awful announcers just lowers their hockey IQ even further. At least some Cancuks fans understand the sport.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:33 PM
  #112
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
We technically win the season series. 2 ROWs to 1.
Don't even have to go there. Kings with 5 points in games between the teams, Ducks with 4 -- Kings win the series, no "technically" about it.

HansH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:48 PM
  #113
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racquetball View Post
Let's just say, and especially when it is a player with jersey numbers with either 7 or 1 at the beginning, I refer to the TV screen to make sure who Bob is actually talking about. But I wouldn't trade him for the world - anyone else notice that he is very passionate this year?
I think Bob's allowing himself to be more passionate this year. Last year he was so concerned with the Kings and not screwing up historic calls, he had a script for the Vancouver series win and for the Cup win. Now that the burden of the first franchise Cup win is behind him, I think he's just enjoying himself a lot more and generally more enthusiastic.

I still think his PBP shining moment was the Detroit series win in 2001. It was at home, it was televised live and there was no script, just Bob being Bob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zoH...outu.be&t=6m3s

Hopefully we get more of this Bob this season!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:09 PM
  #114
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Trevor, YOUUUUU WERRREEE FLYYYYYING
I saw the same thing last night. He WAS flying.

Does that qualify me for 3-star inteviewer?

Anyway, to the bigger point: Lewis has seemed to me to be faster than last year. Especially last night. Dude still can't finish though, and it's really beginning to scare me. I can't recall the last time the 3rd line scored...yet it is getting plenty of ice time last few games.

__________________
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:11 PM
  #115
OCSportsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
They really are. Most of them are just fans of the children films or they are bandwagon fans that stayed on after 2007. Having awful announcers just lowers their hockey IQ even further. At least some Cancuks fans understand the sport.
That is like saying most Kings fans are not really hockey fans, they just fans of when the Great One played.

Pick a team other than the originals, and you can almost make the same argument.

There are just uniformed fans with every team.

OCSportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:17 PM
  #116
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,574
vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
That is like saying most Kings fans are not really hockey fans, they just fans of when the Great One played.
What about those of us that were fans before WG arrived?


Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
Pick a team other than the originals, and you can almost make the same argument.

There are just uniformed fans with every team.
Not really


Last edited by Flour Child: 04-14-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:32 PM
  #117
Winger23
Registered User
 
Winger23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
That is like saying most Kings fans are not really hockey fans, they just fans of when the Great One played.

Pick a team other than the originals, and you can almost make the same argument.

There are just uniformed fans with every team.
This statement is 100 percent false and you can't be serious. If you can't see the difference between the posters in the ducks forum verses others then hayward truly has brainwashed their viewers.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:12 PM
  #118
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
That is like saying most Kings fans are not really hockey fans, they just fans of when the Great One played.

Pick a team other than the originals, and you can almost make the same argument.

There are just uniformed fans with every team.
LOL, not even in the same universe with this one. Sorry, Bub.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:16 PM
  #119
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Unwritten forum rule: be thankful for what you have with Bob Miller. No criticizing the greatest ever.

It's blasphemy to speak any ill of Vin Scully. Miller should be held in similar regard.
Can't leave out the late great Chick Hearn. We from LA have been blessed with 3 of the best announcers to every cover their sport, or just about any sport for that matter.
We've lost one and sadly we have 2 of them that are starting to show their age and won't be with us much longer. If that isn't just a terrible thought.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:22 PM
  #120
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,074
vCash: 500
Bob Miller is a legend and I don't mind that he gets a name wrong every now and then. I just found out that he'll be signing his book at the Barnes & Noble at The Grove on April 25th if anybody wants to see him in person.

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble....iller/50147442

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:57 PM
  #121
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Is Bob also struggling with his hearing? When Doughty hit the post in the 1st period, Bob called it, "shot wide" instead of "it hit the post!".
I was thinking the same. Did he really not notice the difference between the post and the board. That was a rocket.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:29 PM
  #122
Static
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 17,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
This statement is 100 percent false and you can't be serious. If you can't see the difference between the posters in the ducks forum verses others then hayward truly has brainwashed their viewers.
The posts in our forum aren't any different than any other forum on here. A close loss against a bitter rival will always raise emotions, and emotional responses don't generally coincide with logic.

The same thing happened on this forum the last time these two teams met (fire the goaltending coach, other team is just lucky, ect), and that didn't suddenly mean anyone here was any worse of a fan.

For the most part everybody on this forum is just a different side of the same coin. Realizing that would probably be beneficial for all involved, or at least not make any of us sound any more dumb than we need to.

In closing...Ducks are lucky.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
  #123
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
The posts in our forum aren't any different than any other forum on here. A close loss against a bitter rival will always raise emotions, and emotional responses don't generally coincide with logic.

The same thing happened on this forum the last time these two teams met (fire the goaltending coach, other team is just lucky, ect), and that didn't suddenly mean anyone here was any worse of a fan.

For the most part everybody on this forum is just a different side of the same coin. Realizing that would probably be beneficial for all involved, or at least not make any of us sound any more dumb than we need to.

In closing...Ducks are lucky.
Very.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:48 PM
  #124
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
The posts in our forum aren't any different than any other forum on here. A close loss against a bitter rival will always raise emotions, and emotional responses don't generally coincide with logic.

The same thing happened on this forum the last time these two teams met (fire the goaltending coach, other team is just lucky, ect), and that didn't suddenly mean anyone here was any worse of a fan.

For the most part everybody on this forum is just a different side of the same coin. Realizing that would probably be beneficial for all involved, or at least not make any of us sound any more dumb than we need to.

In closing...Ducks are lucky.
The discussion of *advanced stats* proved the gap between Ducks fans and everyone else.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:51 PM
  #125
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,786
vCash: 500
Awards:
It's really no different than insisting one team is better than the other on the back of those advanced stats, despite the standings and games against the Ducks showing otherwise.

The Kings and Ducks are dead even in the regular season and in the playoffs, only time will tell. The only difference between both teams as far as the standings go is that the Kings got off to a poor start and they did not. And there is no time to make up for a poor start or stretch in a short season.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.