Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
How are they worse? Lavi got to the SCF a few years ago and Torts seems to be a good coach.

If you noticed I said IF he were to leave no where did I say to fire him.
Based on what?

Old
04-14-2013, 02:56 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
So, you'd replace him with two worse coaches?
Newsflash. CJ been fired also. There is zero difference between. CJ and the next 5 or 6 coaches kn the NHL. Stop being a Homer.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:58 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i'd love to see the people complaining about claude support a team coached by tortorella.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:58 PM
C77

How much NHL coaching experience did Dale Hunter have before his 7th seeded Caps knocked off the Bruins last year?

There are plenty of coaches out there. It's not an easy job but it's not rocket science either.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:59 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
"Add the coach in Detroit to the list also". Sure, you can say he's as good as Julien, but you just made it painfully obvious that you are just picking coaches from teams that have had success.

How about THAT COACH from Blackhawks?
Hitch, JQ, Babcock, Laviolette, Torts & Bylsma. Not a Damn difference amongst any of them. Get a grip
they are all excellent coaches.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:00 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
If people here had their way, the Bruins would be without a top five goalie and a top five coach.

It'd be interesting to read the threads during a season without the two of them......

Over/under: A year and half before Seguin/Bergeron's heads are being called for?
That's the other hilarious bit. "Let's get rid of Rask!" (See: "Let's get rid of Thomas!")

"He hasn't proven he can steal a game." "He isn't a proven playoff goaltender."

Regarding the former, there have been several -- several -- games during the past month and a half the Bruins would have lost were it not for Rask's excellent goaltending.

As to the latter, no one can say they're a proven playoff goaltender until they... prove it. Funny how that works. Rask has had precisely one playoff run as the #1 behind him. It's true he faded during that run. It's also true that the team in front of him faded, if you recall, in historic fashion.

Said again relative to Claude Julien: Look at the Bruins record the five years prior to his arrival, and the five years plus thereafter.

Those who want to blow everything up when things get rough are the same types who plan the parade route in October.

Over & out.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:02 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
How much NHL coaching experience did Dale Hunter have before his 7th seeded Caps knocked off the Bruins last year?

There are plenty of coaches out there. It's not an easy job but it's not rocket science either.
According to the CJ fanboys is harder than rocket science. CJ is a very good coach but no better than the other top 5 or 6.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:02 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
SC ring and remember who was the coach opposing him when he guided his team back frlm 3-0, 3-0.

So YES HE IS...lol.
Laviolette:

Playoffs
Playoffs
Missed playoffs
Stanley Cup
Missed playoffs
Missed playoffs
FIRED during the season
Playoffs
Playoffs
Playoffs

Julien:

Playoffs
Playoffs
Fired (93 point season)
Fired (107 point season)
Playoffs
Playoffs
Playoffs
Stanley Cup
Playoffs

Flyers fans want Lavi's head big time, and it's not similar to Julien considering the Bruins are in a high playoff seed position.

Lavi adjusts far worse than Julien, plays players that are injured, and has lost his team.

Try again.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Here we go again (sigh). Wake me when it's over.
It will never be over.

It's like a recurring dream. Bwahahahaha.

I get fanaticism. I do. I think anyone who signs up to read a message board and voluntarily contribute time to it gets fanaticism. I just can't fathom the angst sometimes. At least when people contribute solutions, they feel like they can wrap their heads around a better place, a better idea.

To just shake one's fist angrily in the air whilst rabbling without offering a viable solution...just seems like an empty, fruitless endeavor.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:04 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

It's not ludicrous to think he may get fired if this team gets bounced in the 1st round.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:04 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:

The Capitals were a very good team already. Any team with Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Semin can do damage.

Many coaches can lead a team to the playoffs and win one playoff series, but to do it consistently is a different story.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:06 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I didn't read anyone here saying that.

The point is that it just gets old seeing people screaming "FIRE CLODE" but then not offering any ideas as to what to do after that happens. You have a list of names and that's great, but you admittedly say some are laughable and some we don't have any idea if they want to coach. Then go the next step and say you don't have any idea how they'd translate to coaching THIS select group of personnel, because that's something that has to be considered when you bring in a new coach.

I'm not attacking you, perse, please understand that. At least you've got names. I'm not even attacking the "Fire Clode" crowd. I don't know if he's the answer, but right now he's the only known quantity until somebody can find a better option and explain WHY that person is a better option.
I know your not attacking me, but your right there is a lot of "fire Clode" chatter going on. Without this chatter and debating this site would be boring . Now I dislike Clode and his style, but I am not saying fire him now. I would hope they would look into it in the off-season(again seeing what happens if and when they are healthy, what they do in the playoffs). I'm not going to lie I have no clue what coaches are available or what all of their styles/systems are. I also think Claude and Chiarelli have pretty much the same philosophy right? Like when Peoli was here he and Belichek obviously discussed every move. Ultimately I think Bill had the final call. I asked this question before, but no one as far as I know ever answered. When Chia targeted Jagr. Was there a discussion? Did Claude have a say in it? And if so did they discuss how he would be used? I'd assume it did

Old
04-14-2013, 03:06 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Hitch, JQ, Babcock, Laviolette, Torts & Bylsma. Not a Damn difference amongst any of them. Get a grip
they are all excellent coaches.
If there's not a "damn difference" between them, then why the hell are you trying to change coaches with one of them..

You're probably one of the people that was planning a parade in January, and now want Julien fired.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahchand10 View Post
I know your not attacking me, but your right there is a lot of "fire Clode" chatter going on. Without this chatter and debating this site would be boring .
Well good lord, this site will never be boring, that's for sure.

Quote:
Now I dislike Clode and his style, but I am not saying fire him now. I would hope they would look into it in the off-season(again seeing what happens if and when they are healthy, what they do in the playoffs).
I understand you not liking his style. I'm sure there's people who think that his style stifles offense and promotes a more defensively-minded gameplan. That's fine, I don't and won't belittle people that as it's a personal preference thing. There's more than one way to win in this league. I think unless your team wins a Stanley Cup, there's always reassessment after the season as to coaching and personnel. I'll be honest....to me, I think it's difficult to assess a team's performance this year because of the weird-assed intangibles that came from this shortened, oddly-scheduled season, and I said that before the season started. It's just too hard, imho, to assess how well any team is playing considering the weird abnormalities thrown in. That's not to say the Bruins are or are not playing well...that's just the attitude I went into the season with.

Quote:
I'm not going to lie I have no clue what coaches are available or what all of their styles/systems are. I also think Claude and Chiarelli have pretty much the same philosophy right? Like when Peoli was here he and Belichek obviously discussed every move. Ultimately I think Bill had the final call. I asked this question before, but no one as far as I know ever answered. When Chia targeted Jagr. Was there a discussion? Did Claude have a say in it? And if so did they discuss how he would be used? I'd assume it did
Well, those are things we can assume and discuss. I doubt anyone where knows for certain and would be able to give you an answer with 100% certainty. I'd think in a functional organization, any employer/employee pairing or grouping discusses it's output and format, and there's no reason to think Cam doesn't do the same with Chia, that Chia doesn't do the same with Julien, so on and so forth. Are they exactly like BB and Pioli? Hard to say. The Patriots are so famously tight-lipped we can really only assume, and the Bruins operate much the same way. As far as the Jagr acquistion, I think of it much like the NFL draft...the Bruins knew they needed some form of offense, specifically on the power play. The best player available was Iginla, and that's who they went after. When that fell through, they targeted the next BPA that...Jagr.

Anyhoo....thanks for the offering. This is actually one of the more productive discussions I've had, even if we might have differing opinions. It can be done!

Old
04-14-2013, 03:19 PM
C77

It's the nature of the business.

Jacques Martin (and Halak) got the Habs to the Conference Finals in 09-10. Last year he got fired and it was justified.

Laviolette won a Cup in Carolina and got fired a few years later.

Guy Boucher was the toast of the league getting Tampa Bay to Game 7 of the Conference Finals two years ago. He got fired this year.

It seems to me that the most successful time for coaches is about the 2nd or 3rd year they are in place. After that things go sour.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:26 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
It's the nature of the business.

Jacques Martin (and Halak) got the Habs to the Conference Finals in 09-10. Last year he got fired and it was justified.

Laviolette won a Cup in Carolina and got fired a few years later.

Guy Boucher was the toast of the league getting Tampa Bay to Game 7 of the Conference Finals two years ago. He got fired this year.

It seems to me that the most successful time for coaches is about the 2nd or 3rd year they are in place. After that things go sour.

Sorry, but this is just a terrible comparison, and I think you know that. I understand your thought of coaches getting fired after a few years because things go sour, but lets take a look at one BIG difference............

2011-2012: Jaques Martin had the Habs with a 13-12-7 record, with the Habs picking third overall in this years draft.

2008-2009: Peter Laviolette had the Hurricanes at a 12-11-2 record............while missing the playoffs the two seasons before.

2012-2013: Guy Boucher had the Lighting at a 13-17-1 record while missing the playoffs the year before.

To compare their firings to what Julien is doing this year is off-base, to put it as nicely as possible. Claude Julien has not missed the playoffs since he's been here, has three division championships, and could have a fourth one this year.

Even when Julien was fired before, his teams were in the playoffs/contention with 94 points and 107 points respectively.

Not....even.....comprable.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:29 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
"Add the coach in Detroit to the list also". Sure, you can say he's as good as Julien, but you just made it painfully obvious that you are just picking coaches from teams that have had success.

How about THAT COACH from Blackhawks?
One other thing on "that coach" Babcock, he was named HEAD COACH of Team Canada in 2010.
Care to tell me why CJ wasn't named over him?

Old
04-14-2013, 03:32 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
One other thing on "that coach" Babcock, he was named HEAD COACH of Team Canada in 2010.
Care to tell me why CJ wasn't named over him?
Show me where I said Babcock was not equal or better than Julien. Keep making stuff up though.

I said it was painfully obvious you were just naming coaches on successful teams, or you would have named him like the other coaches.

Try again though.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Ron & Anthony Show

I think Julien will get a pass because of the shortened season, unless the team gets swept in the 1st round our something.

But people are bringing up how close the Bruins were to losing to Montreal in 2011 and how that would have been the end for Julien. Well, that could easily happen again this season where a bounce goes in the Bruins favor and they win a series they might not have deserved to win (e.g. Washington, Carolina as examples when it happened against the Bruins). It could spur them to another deep run.

I think we saw the Bruins finally stick up for each other, and Chara, Thornton and Campbell created havoc that necessarily wasn't there. Harrison pushed Chara just a little in a scrum and Chara LOST. HIS. ****. I hope we see more of that from the Bruins to finish out the season because it's exactly what they need. With Bergeron returning, Soderberg in the fold, and Marchand not far out, the Bruins will win those games like last night instead of losing them. Jagr's gonna be with more offensive players and it's going to force Lucic and Horton to get their heads out of their glutes if they want those prime minutes.

At least, I hope. You never know what Clode's gonna do.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Laviolette:

Playoffs
Playoffs
Missed playoffs
Stanley Cup
Missed playoffs
Missed playoffs
FIRED during the season
Playoffs
Playoffs
Playoffs

Julien:

Playoffs
Playoffs
Fired (93 point season)
Fired (107 point season)
Playoffs
Playoffs
Playoffs
Stanley Cup
Playoffs

Flyers fans want Lavi's head big time, and it's not similar to Julien considering the Bruins are in a high playoff seed position.

Lavi adjusts far worse than Julien, plays players that are injured, and has lost his team.

Try again.
I already have... 3-0, 3-0. Guess who the coaches were? Lol

So best case CJ has been fired as often as Laviolette or once more depending on this year. Yeah
that really proves your point.

Keep trying ECN

Old
04-14-2013, 03:35 PM
bostonwinscup

Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
Enough is enough. I am sick and tired of hearing about Claude’s system and how it’s conducive to winning hockey. The reality is Claude’s “system” didn’t earn the Bruins a Stanley Cup; it was the play of Tim Thomas. I have had enough of Seguin getting third line minutes, Jagr playing with Campbell, and Hamilton being a healthy scratch for players like Ference and Bartkowski. In my opinion when the Bruins play well and win it’s in spite of Claude’s “system” not because the players are buying into it and following through on their “defensive responsibilities.” Tim Thomas is gone, the only way this team wins anything this year (or in the near future) is if Rask or Khudobin start playing lights out a la TT circa 2010. Otherwise; with Claude at the helm, this team is destined for a first or second round playoff bump. The question at this point is how much longer does Cam and Peter allow this farce to continue???
why all the complaining Players have to step up be accountable
What happened to luc the fear he gives with his hard checks his grit and his xtra effort
Our bruins are not playing with compassion and 100% effort
leave claude alone and wake up bruins

Old
04-14-2013, 03:36 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
If there's not a "damn difference" between them, then why the hell are you trying to change coaches with one of them..

You're probably one of the people that was planning a parade in January, and now want Julien fired.
Do you always put words in other people's mouth? Bad habit to have.

Show me once where I said I want to replace CJ. Good luck finding it.

Better still I will save you the time. I never said it.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:38 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Show me where I said Babcock was not equal or better than Julien. Keep making stuff up though.

I said it was painfully obvious you were just naming coaches on successful teams, or you would have named him like the other coaches.

Try again though.
So I drew a blank on his name. Sorry I'm not perfect like you.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
I already have... 3-0, 3-0. Guess who the coaches were? Lol

So best case CJ has been fired as often as Laviolette or once more depending on this year. Yeah
that really proves your point.

Keep trying ECN
I'm honestly asking, are you slightly slow and like to point to one series as your main point?

Julien has not missed the playoffs since he's been here, and the two times he was fired he had his teams in great position.

I already told you that Laviolette is far worse at adjusting, would likely have Bergeron and Marchand playing now with their concussions, and has lost his team as you will see the Flyers fan base has been adamant about.

How about you let this sink in your head. Julien has not missed the playoffs since he's been here, and has finished first place in the Northeast 3/5 years.

If you'd like to try and explain how Laviolette is better (which you can't) besides saying, "Herp derp, all those coaches are about equal just because I said so", I'' be waiting.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:44 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

This is the deepest full roster he's ever had. If they lose in round 1 in the 2-7 or even 4-5 in some sort of lopsided effort, I could see him being canned.

1 round buys him a year or more.

Closed Thread