HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dvorak, Cherry's favourite european

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Cujo_31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
None of us more about hockey. If we did we would be making millions and wouldn't resort to posting our opinions here. Don Cherry, although controversial, knows more, has seen more, and has done more in hockey than most of us put together. You may love him - you may hate him, but I hardly believe you know hockey better than him.

Thank You Walsher...

Old
12-28-2003, 08:40 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo_31
Thank You Walsher...
Walsher may be right, but that doesn't mean Don Cherry is the greatest hockey mind in the world.

Old
12-28-2003, 08:44 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Walsher may be right, but that doesn't mean Don Cherry is the greatest hockey mind in the world.
Certainly not.

Old
12-29-2003, 03:48 AM
Edge

I dunno about 40 though.

liked him a lot in NY but i just don't see 40 goals, especially in today's NHL. when guys like Bertuzzi and Thornton hit the 60 goal mark, Dvorak might hit 40 but that's a very tough number for a "good but not great" player in today's NHL.

is it impossible? not at all. is it likely? probably not.

Old
12-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Agreed, but at least Cherry can say that he's coached at the NHL level for both Boston and the Colorado Rockies and opened the door for Orr (I find it hard to say that he coached Orr). Not many so-called experts can claim the same. The problem is that he oftentimes does or says outrageous things in order to maintain his media sensationalism.

Old
12-29-2003, 01:53 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Agreed, but at least Cherry can say that he's coached at the NHL level for both Boston and the Colorado Rockies and opened the door for Orr (I find it hard to say that he coached Orr). Not many so-called experts can claim the same. The problem is that he oftentimes does or says outrageous things in order to maintain his media sensationalism.
I think another thing is that the game has changed since Cherry last coached, but it does not seem like his ideas have evolved. For that reason, I don't think he's any more "hockey smart" than any prominent person who is currently in the sport. But what Walsher, I think, didn't realize is the people were perhaps exaggerating a little bit. If I said "my dog could coach better than Mac-t" doesn't mean I actually mean that.

Closed Thread