HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stephen Johns?

Old
04-14-2013, 03:57 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

vCash: 500
Johns is a bad @ss who will NEVER allow the crap that we saw happen period 1 today. The kid has great size a plays with a nasty edge...I can't wait to see him in a hawk uni!

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yes but they threw away a 11th overall and so far that draft has netted 0 NHL talent

Ben Smith only hope at this point and he looks like an iffy hopeful right now
They didn't throw away the pick on Beach. He was a guy who was thought to have a chance to go in the top 4. He fell because of things that ironically haven't had much of anything to do with his disappointment. He just hasn't turned out to be the player that everyone thought he would be. It's not Tallon's fault. Let it go

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

well, I'm still a Beach defender but when he is projected to go Top5 and falls this far, other GMs know something Tallon didn't knew. Seems that 5-6 other GMs were right

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:07 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Johns is a bad @ss who will NEVER allow the crap that we saw happen period 1 today. The kid has great size a plays with a nasty edge...I can't wait to see him in a hawk uni!
I'm pretty sure ass isn't censored

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:22 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I'm pretty sure ass isn't censored
Badass is more bad ass, when you use an '@' symbol. Get with the progr@m.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:37 AM
giza

Johns and Drafts

The Mike Smyth Russian draft was perhaps the biggest bust in recent memory. Yakupov sucked. Vorobiev could have been good but had knee and attitude problems. Radulov played sparingly. That was a horrible draft. As for Johns, he'll be Hawks property sooner or later. They simply don't have any one in the system (or in the NHL) who brings the physical element that he does. He's a big boy, it will be interesting to see how he handles himself in some scraps.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
well, I'm still a Beach defender but when he is projected to go Top5 and falls this far, other GMs know something Tallon didn't knew. Seems that 5-6 other GMs were right
TT dropped in the draft from being projected as high as #6. Does that make him a bad pick because other GM's knew something?

Also Aaron Rodgers took a dive in the NFL draft. Brandon Saad took a dive in the NHL draft. Those guys turned out alright.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by giza View Post
The Mike Smyth Russian draft was perhaps the biggest bust in recent memory. Yakupov sucked. Vorobiev could have been good but had knee and attitude problems. Radulov played sparingly. That was a horrible draft. As for Johns, he'll be Hawks property sooner or later. They simply don't have any one in the system (or in the NHL) who brings the physical element that he does. He's a big boy, it will be interesting to see how he handles himself in some scraps.
The thing with the 2000 draft is...if they hadn't taken those guys, whoever else they would have taken would have busted out as well. That draft was loaded with busts in the first round.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
TT dropped in the draft from being projected as high as #6. Does that make him a bad pick because other GM's knew something?

Also Aaron Rodgers took a dive in the NFL draft. Brandon Saad took a dive in the NHL draft. Those guys turned out alright.
Beach fell because of other reasons compared to the guys you named.

Character issues is a difference to early run on D or being scared because of an injury that lets you look lazy. Add that Bowman needed a 4th chance to finally draft Saad and he let him slip too

Old
04-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Beach fell because of other reasons compared to the guys you named.

Character issues is a difference to early run on D or being scared because of an injury that lets you look lazy. Add that Bowman needed a 4th chance to finally draft Saad and he let him slip too
That goes to what I originally said. It's not the character issues that have caused him to bust out. If other GM's foresaw how his character would have turned out - he would have been a top 5 pick easy.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:36 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

yes, but he did fall because of that and not because of his skills. That was the point

Old
04-15-2013, 07:59 AM
unbridledid

Beach also had a sports hernia the season he was drafted so his production took a hit.

I understand about the "attitude" issues. Thing is from all I have heard and read that is in the past.

He would look good on the 4th line next year at a bargain price.

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:06 AM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
The thing with the 2000 draft is...if they hadn't taken those guys, whoever else they would have taken would have busted out as well. That draft was loaded with busts in the first round.
I remember watching that draft and the analysts saying the Hawks had the best draft overall.

I also remember them saying Nordqvist who went in the 2nd was a steal who should have went in the 1st round..

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote