HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 8 (Post-Deadline & Free Agency Talk: All proposals here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 05:40 PM
  #726
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens...gevin-14042013

Seems like a big solid player. Would be exciting to have on the team. Anyone got a scouting report?

6' 4" and 190. Sign him up.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 05:42 PM
  #727
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
He's a french guy. Bergevin must sign him!
Looks solid. I could see him on a third line with Eller and a smaller guy like Gallagher/Collberg/Kristo/Hudon in a few years.

Playmaker09 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 05:44 PM
  #728
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
6' 4" and 190. Sign him up.
Many other teams are offering him contracts. Vancouver, for one. Already had him at one of their camps before. Bergevin just called him recently. No Habs scouts or GM before ever got in touch with him.

Laganiere has said that he would take the next 48 hours to make a decision.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 05:45 PM
  #729
CN_paladin
Registered User
 
CN_paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
So we'll know where he goes to in less than 2 days. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

CN_paladin is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 05:49 PM
  #730
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
The three teams that I quoted actually had him at some of their rookie camps. Not the Habs.
I know that, it still doesn't make them frontrunners.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 05:55 PM
  #731
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Many other teams are offering him contracts. Vancouver, for one. Already had him at one of their camps before. Bergevin just called him recently. No Habs scouts or GM before ever got in touch with him.

Laganiere has said that he would take the next 48 hours to make a decision.
Having said that, he said being thrilled that the Canadiens are showing interest...

What's there not to like? A 6'4" winger, French Canadian (yes it matters)... and he's free!

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM
  #732
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Having said that, he said being thrilled that the Canadiens are showing interest...
Politically correct when answering to a French Quebec media. They all say that.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 05:59 PM
  #733
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
mark my words... the day Lageniere makes his Habs debut is the day Desharnais gets shipped out of MTL!

WakeUpNHL is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 05:59 PM
  #734
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Having said that, he said being thrilled that the Canadiens are showing interest...

What's there not to like? A 6'4" winger, French Canadian (yes it matters)... and he's free!
I would like him as much as the next guy, but I not sure anymore with all the bashing going on on this board regarding DD, Bouillon or Leblanc.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
  #735
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
mark my words... the day Lageniere makes his Habs debut is the day Desharnais gets shipped out of MTL!
I would just love to see Laganiereplaying on DD line just to hear you cry.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:08 PM
  #736
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
There is every reason to for Lageniere to sign with the Habs...

He will become an instant celebrity in MTL and have a reserved table at Buonanotte.

Extra income from local marketing opportunities.

Chance to become a hockey god.

And yeah... his only competing against midgets for a roster spot on the Habs.

WakeUpNHL is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:10 PM
  #737
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Politically correct when answering to a French Quebec media. They all say that.
No they don't all say that, and the ones that do say it because they mean it.
In no way does it mean that he'll sign here.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:11 PM
  #738
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
I would just love to see Laganiereplaying on DD line just to hear you cry.
I'll cry tears of joy when Desi Arnez is shipped out.. my prediction is by the end of this calendar year!

WakeUpNHL is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:14 PM
  #739
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
He's a french guy. Bergevin must sign him!
Obviously needs to work on his skating, and add muscle to his frame, he's raw, but plays a PF game, crash the net, willing to play physical, and his shot seems pretty decent, also seem to have decent vision. Wouldn't mind him at all.

Vasculio is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:15 PM
  #740
NHLFutureGuy3
Registered User
 
NHLFutureGuy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
I would like him as much as the next guy, but I not sure anymore with all the bashing going on on this board regarding DD, Bouillon or Leblanc.
Who is bashing Bouillon or Leblanc? Bouillon is being called a sneakily smart pickup and I think everyone here was hoping that Leblanc would pan out.

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:15 PM
  #741
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,934
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
There is every reason to for Lageniere to sign with the Habs...

He will become an instant celebrity in MTL and have a reserved table at Buonanotte.

Extra income from local marketing opportunities.

Chance to become a hockey god.

And yeah... his only competing against midgets for a roster spot on the Habs.
So a kid in college, who is no more NHL ready than Danny Kristo, is expected to sign with the Habs and step into a top 6 role, replacing Desharnais -- who will then eventually be traded out of town, despite JUST SIGNING AN EXTENSION -- because... he's 6'4?

__________________
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
-68
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:38 PM
  #742
gillings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Obviously needs to work on his skating, and add muscle to his frame, he's raw, but plays a PF game, crash the net, willing to play physical, and his shot seems pretty decent, also seem to have decent vision. Wouldn't mind him at all.


Might as well just sign me

I am 6'6" 215 and can play every position including goalie.

gillings is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:45 PM
  #743
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
Might as well just sign me

I am 6'6" 215 and can play every position including goalie.
It's okay. You'll be cut as soon a you call a teammate BBQ chips

groovejuice is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:00 PM
  #744
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
Might as well just sign me

I am 6'6" 215 and can play every position including goalie.
Wait a sec - are you Rafael?

Garry Valk is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:05 PM
  #745
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
So a kid in college, who is no more NHL ready than Danny Kristo, is expected to sign with the Habs and step into a top 6 role, replacing Desharnais -- who will then eventually be traded out of town, despite JUST SIGNING AN EXTENSION -- because... he's 6'4?
Sure... makes as much sense as signing a 5'6" slow soft center on route to a 45 point season (while playing with top wingers) to a 4 year extension mid season.

WakeUpNHL is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:08 PM
  #746
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Having said that, he said being thrilled that the Canadiens are showing interest...

What's there not to like? A 6'4" winger, French Canadian (yes it matters)... and he's free!
No it doesn't. And what else would he say? "No, I don't like the Canadiens and I'm disappointed they showed interest?"

pine is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:14 PM
  #747
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
No it doesn't. And what else would he say? "No, I don't like the Canadiens and I'm disappointed they showed interest?"
He doesn't have to say that he'd love to play here. He could simply have stated that Mtl have shown a bit of interest, and that he has a bunch of other teams that have been interested for a much longer time too.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:42 PM
  #748
Patofqc
Registered User
 
Patofqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
Might as well just sign me

I am 6'6" 215 and can play every position including goalie.
I am pretty sure you are 5'6'' 315, i saw your picture!!!

Patofqc is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:42 PM
  #749
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Wonder what it would take to get Jared Boll out of Columbus. I have never been interested in the pure Enforcer guy but it would be nice to have a guy with some decent size who doesn't hurt you defensively, hits a lot but is also nasty and willing to drop them and is a capable fighter. The getting a big fighter debate has raged on this board but the key for me is Boll can play about 8 minutes of non hurting the team hockey,and does hit a fair amount. The fact Boll is a decent fighter is secondary but fills this hole, as Id rather Prust not be doing it all the time. Just think hed be better on the 4th line than Army.

yianik is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
  #750
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 24,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Wonder what it would take to get Jared Boll out of Columbus. I have never been interested in the pure Enforcer guy but it would be nice to have a guy with some decent size who doesn't hurt you defensively, hits a lot but is also nasty and willing to drop them and is a capable fighter. The getting a big fighter debate has raged on this board but the key for me is Boll can play about 8 minutes of non hurting the team hockey,and does hit a fair amount. The fact Boll is a decent fighter is secondary but fills this hole, as Id rather Prust not be doing it all the time. Just think hed be better on the 4th line than Army.
Now that they're competitive, no reason for colombus to look at dealing Boll for anything short of an overpayment.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.