HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Hockey in Britain

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-29-2006, 02:21 AM
  #26
ktf
Registered User
 
ktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ktf
How is the hockey there for anybody who can compare it to here in canada... ive seen video clips of the elite league there the best league of them all... seems ok but an old washed up theo fleury lit it up so the claribre clearly isnt great.. no offense just commenting... plus u just need more rinks and more of it on tv to increase interests... here where i live like a 45 miute drive away from victoria the provincial capital of B.C., on any given saturday... theres jr b hockey jr a hockey, the echl's victoria salmon kings, high calibre major midget and normal midget aaa hockey which is free and not bad to watch... seeing as thats what i play. thus its impossible for tons of ppl not to watch it and like it.
and another thing how many rinks are there total in england just want to compare to how many there are on vancouver island... its a big island about 8 hour driving down the eastern coast end to end about 6-7 small communities and greater victoria which has liek 800k and nanaimo with 100k, 14 minor hockey associations.. we have 33 ice surfaces just for hockey... how many there

ktf is offline  
Old
08-29-2006, 05:59 PM
  #27
mattski93
Poo Brain
 
mattski93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oldham, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
How is the hockey there for anybody who can compare it to here in canada... ive seen video clips of the elite league there the best league of them all... seems ok but an old washed up theo fleury lit it up so the claribre clearly isnt great..no offense just commenting...
No offence taken, most British hockey fans would be the first to say we don't have the greatest league in the world In North American terms I'd say the standard is mid- to low-level ECHL. Last year's champions Belfast Giants would probably be able to hold their own and finish mid-table if they were an ECHL team, bottom club Edinburgh probably would have struggled to beat most UHL/CHL sides. Theo did light up the league, yes, but he was playing with some extremely good players on the Giants - three of the top five scorers last year were from Belfast. I couldn't see him doing as well on one of the bottom clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
plus u just need more rinks and more of it on tv to increase interests...
The age-old question that many of us have been asking for years. We do have a lot of rinks in the UK, its just that not all of them are fit for professional/semi-pro hockey, being nothing more than public skating rinks. Television deals are there (we've got a weekly roundup show on NASN that isn't exactly Hockey Night in Canada but is still worth a watch), its just that as a nation we're obsessed with sports such as football, rugby, cricket etc and tend to alienate hockey as another "weird imported American game" that should be shunned at all costs. Even darts gets more coverage over here. Back in the late 90s at the peak of British hockey we had a regular programme on Sky Sports that was fantastic, and they treated it with a lot of respect. Now they demand that we have 10 teams in the Elite (achieved this season) but that we pay for the coverage ourselves (not financially possible). The best way to get people hooked has proven to be to actually get them to watch a game themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
and another thing how many rinks are there total in england just want to compare to how many there are on vancouver island... its a big island about 8 hour driving down the eastern coast end to end about 6-7 small communities and greater victoria which has liek 800k and nanaimo with 100k, 14 minor hockey associations.. we have 33 ice surfaces just for hockey... how many there
The best thing I can do is direct you to http://www.myleisuretime.org/uk/icehockey_uk_map.php for a map of all the rinks in the UK. You can add our new rink at Altrincham to it too, just south of Blackburn. There are also several more in the planning stages in Ireland, who should soon be getting their own league.

Hope that helps

mattski93 is offline  
Old
08-30-2006, 05:48 AM
  #28
#2eddieshore
Registered User
 
#2eddieshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: England / Montréal
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
English hockey is far worse than Major Junior in Canada.

There is much less hitting in British hockey than in Canadian.

#2eddieshore is offline  
Old
08-30-2006, 06:03 AM
  #29
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,709
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
seems ok but an old washed up theo fleury lit it up so the claribre clearly isnt great..
I think you're vastly underrated the talent level of Theo Fleury... Sure he is washed up, but he has buttloads of talents, and would easily make a SEL or finnish SM-liiga team if he wanted too...

mattihp is offline  
Old
08-30-2006, 01:23 PM
  #30
ktf
Registered User
 
ktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ktf
Thanks mattski93...i think it would be interesting to see what britain could do if they had a decent hockey program... as for belfast id say they compete in the lower end of the echl... i can say this because one of the non playoff echl teams victoria is near to me and there a solid team, over a season belfast probably would have been in a similar position not an awful team, in playoff contention but not quite good enough... as for fleury i saw him play during the lockout in the canadian aaa senior league, and he was less then special... to compare this leagues champion played the echl salmon kings in exhibition and lost 8-0, but he definitely has/had talent

ktf is offline  
Old
08-31-2006, 02:47 AM
  #31
Gwyddbwyll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 10,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
English hockey is far worse than Major Junior in Canada.
I dont think that's true, although comparing a men's league to juniors isnt easy to do. Lesser ECHL team sounds about right.

You can look at guys like Theo Fleury, Nick Boynton and Eric Cairns and they didnt dominate the GB league quite like they did major junior.

Gwyddbwyll is online now  
Old
08-31-2006, 06:10 AM
  #32
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,808
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
I dont think that's true, although comparing a men's league to juniors isnt easy to do. Lesser ECHL team sounds about right.

You can look at guys like Theo Fleury, Nick Boynton and Eric Cairns and they didnt dominate the GB league quite like they did major junior.
The talent in the CHL is far higher than here, but Most of our top teams would beat the CHL easily, due to being far more physically advanced and simply beating the crap out of them.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
08-31-2006, 06:18 AM
  #33
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,165
vCash: 500
How does Great Britain do internationally? Are there any British talents that NHL fans should take note of?

As far as European leagues go where does Britain stand? I've heard the Elite league is around Austria's calibre. Is this more due to the imports the teams have or is there enough local talent to back up this claim?

On a sidenote, I'm not sure if its available anywhere (might want to check out Youtube.com or one of the other video posting sites), but I did see a Passionate Eye (CBC Newsworld documentary show) a few months back about how the Belfast Giants are doing wonders to calm the tensions between the Catholics and the Protestants in the city. Weird how a sport like soccer which seems relatively tame on the field can cause such violence amongst the fans, but hockey, a sport that is inherently violent, can cause peace amongst the fans.

Shootmaster_44 is offline  
Old
09-01-2006, 02:45 PM
  #34
mattski93
Poo Brain
 
mattski93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oldham, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
How does Great Britain do internationally? Are there any British talents that NHL fans should take note of?
We're currently ranked 31st in the World, dropped from 25th last year as we didn't enter 2006 Olympic qualification (http://www.iihf.com/news/Ranking2006_men.pdf). We've been in division 1 a fair few years now, though back in the mid 90s we were rubbing shoulders with the big guns after (albeit brief) promotion and played at Nagano in 1998. Back then we were entirely made up of dual-national Canadian Brits. Nowadays the team is all young British lads with just one dual-nat, I think the average age is 23 with a couple of teenagers in the lineup. Our junior teams are making a mark though, and the generation coming through the system now looks to have a ton of potential.

As for British talent, Scotsman Colin Shields was drafted by the Flyers back in 2000 after top-scoring in the college ranks for Maine, but he's struggled to crack the AHL and will probably never make it to the show. He's just signed for the ECHL's Texas Wildcatters. Manchester Phoenix's (my local team) current player-coach, Tony Hand, was drafted by Edmonton in 1986 and one of their assistant coaches at the time called him the smartest player in camp aside fron Gretzky. Had he not got homesick he could well have made the Oilers roster as a regular, such is his talent. His decision to return home cost this country's development more than we could have ever seen. Even at age 39 he still has his game. LA prospect Danny Taylor is apparently British by birth and supposedly leant some of his hockey here, but his nationality is unconfirmed as websites are split on his birthplace - some say Plymouth, UK, others say Ottawa. '88-born Ben O'Connor is one to watch out for with the Windsor Spitfires, can play both positions and is supposed to be one of our best talents. Shattuck-St. Mary's Danny Wood could have the best chance of all to make a name in North America, still only 17 and already putting big points up. John Dewar (Prince George Spruce Kings), Tom Duggan (also Shattuck-St. Mary's), Joe Greener (Cleveland Junior Barons), Martin Clarkson (Lake Placid) and Kurt Reynolds (Hartford Junior Wolfpack) are other good young Brits in North America. There are several more over here with potential. Hull's Steve Lee was the best D-man on his team last year at age 15, James Neil in Nottingham and Jamie Line in Bracknell are 16 years old and featuring regularly in their teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
As far as European leagues go where does Britain stand? I've heard the Elite league is around Austria's calibre. Is this more due to the imports the teams have or is there enough local talent to back up this claim?
I'd say it's a bit lower, probably equal with France and Italy. Its due to the imports, yes, the Elite is going into its fourth year of existence and the Brits are only just beginning to establish themselves with regular places, helped by a dropping import limit (10 this season, 12 in 03/04 and 11 for the previous two years). The local talent is emerging now they have a place on the top sides, we're gradually healing the damage of the late '90s and early '00s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
On a sidenote, I'm not sure if its available anywhere (might want to check out Youtube.com or one of the other video posting sites), but I did see a Passionate Eye (CBC Newsworld documentary show) a few months back about how the Belfast Giants are doing wonders to calm the tensions between the Catholics and the Protestants in the city. Weird how a sport like soccer which seems relatively tame on the field can cause such violence amongst the fans, but hockey, a sport that is inherently violent, can cause peace amongst the fans.
It's the only truly "professional" sport in Northern Ireland and the only one that does not declare an allegiance to one particular faith. Not a single incident has been recorded at a Giants game due to the religious divide, and for that they have to be commended. Soccer, however, is another matter, but you don't want to get me started on that...

mattski93 is offline  
Old
09-01-2006, 03:11 PM
  #35
GB
Registered User
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
GB were only once in the top division in the '90's, and were relegated straight away. There were some none dual nationals on the team at the time, although not many. Certainly the Coopers were there, but I'm not sure if Hand was there or if he had started his non-playing protest against the number of Canadians in the team. I'm inclined to think he was there though.
Also GB did not play at Nagano. We qualified for a 3-team play-off, held in Britain, but failed to qualify. Stevie Lyle was fantastic in that play-off tournament, his best performances for GB ever, IMO.
I'm unsure how much Hand coming back to Britain hurt hockey development. I reckon he would have had a Craig Janney esque career. His main skill was fantastic hockey knowledge, but along with most Brits of the time his skating was sub-par by international standards. His return to Britain did give us all a supreme talent to watch, I often wonder how he would have developed if he'd been born in Canada or moved there as a very young child. I reckon he'd have been a HOFer.


Last edited by GB: 09-01-2006 at 05:18 PM.
GB is offline  
Old
09-01-2006, 04:04 PM
  #36
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,709
vCash: 50
GB has something that Finland, Slovakia etc don't have... An olympic gold in ice hockey

mattihp is offline  
Old
09-01-2006, 05:21 PM
  #37
GB
Registered User
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
GB has something that Finland, Slovakia etc don't have... An olympic gold in ice hockey
Indeed, here are thhe 1936 Triple Crown winners.



Here's an old photo of Durham rink, when it was inside a marquee, note the support poles in the rink. The Kraut line all skated in Durham during the war.


GB is offline  
Old
09-02-2006, 01:37 PM
  #38
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,808
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski93 View Post
We're currently ranked 31st in the World, dropped from 25th last year as we didn't enter 2006 Olympic qualification (http://www.iihf.com/news/Ranking2006_men.pdf). We've been in division 1 a fair few years now, though back in the mid 90s we were rubbing shoulders with the big guns after (albeit brief) promotion and played at Nagano in 1998. Back then we were entirely made up of dual-national Canadian Brits. Nowadays the team is all young British lads with just one dual-nat, I think the average age is 23 with a couple of teenagers in the lineup. Our junior teams are making a mark though, and the generation coming through the system now looks to have a ton of potential.

As for British talent, Scotsman Colin Shields was drafted by the Flyers back in 2000 after top-scoring in the college ranks for Maine, but he's struggled to crack the AHL and will probably never make it to the show. He's just signed for the ECHL's Texas Wildcatters. Manchester Phoenix's (my local team) current player-coach, Tony Hand, was drafted by Edmonton in 1986 and one of their assistant coaches at the time called him the smartest player in camp aside fron Gretzky. Had he not got homesick he could well have made the Oilers roster as a regular, such is his talent. His decision to return home cost this country's development more than we could have ever seen. Even at age 39 he still has his game. LA prospect Danny Taylor is apparently British by birth and supposedly leant some of his hockey here, but his nationality is unconfirmed as websites are split on his birthplace - some say Plymouth, UK, others say Ottawa. '88-born Ben O'Connor is one to watch out for with the Windsor Spitfires, can play both positions and is supposed to be one of our best talents. Shattuck-St. Mary's Danny Wood could have the best chance of all to make a name in North America, still only 17 and already putting big points up. John Dewar (Prince George Spruce Kings), Tom Duggan (also Shattuck-St. Mary's), Joe Greener (Cleveland Junior Barons), Martin Clarkson (Lake Placid) and Kurt Reynolds (Hartford Junior Wolfpack) are other good young Brits in North America. There are several more over here with potential. Hull's Steve Lee was the best D-man on his team last year at age 15, James Neil in Nottingham and Jamie Line in Bracknell are 16 years old and featuring regularly in their teams.


I'd say it's a bit lower, probably equal with France and Italy. Its due to the imports, yes, the Elite is going into its fourth year of existence and the Brits are only just beginning to establish themselves with regular places, helped by a dropping import limit (10 this season, 12 in 03/04 and 11 for the previous two years). The local talent is emerging now they have a place on the top sides, we're gradually healing the damage of the late '90s and early '00s.


It's the only truly "professional" sport in Northern Ireland and the only one that does not declare an allegiance to one particular faith. Not a single incident has been recorded at a Giants game due to the religious divide, and for that they have to be commended. Soccer, however, is another matter, but you don't want to get me started on that...
Awesome, so out of the younger guys over here and playing in North America, do any of them have a shot at getting drafted? Would be cool to atleast get a guy drafted.

How does the future look for hockey anyway? I mean, how is the infrastructure etc. We have a big enough population to support hockey, even though it is a minor sport. I know countries like Sweden, Finland have a huge tradition in hockey, but they have a small population compared to us.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
10-08-2006, 03:39 AM
  #39
scoobster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
The sport in GB is going through a transition period where they have just about settled down into the right leagues apart from Fife and Dundee, who have been frozen out of the Elite league due to politics and they cant play in the EPL as they are too far away and they are in Scotland which goes against the epl English Premier League

Back in the late 90s the ISL was the top league and there was rumours of reported salaries per team of up to 1Million per season, These teams especally the all conquering Ayr Scottish Eagles wouls have easily held their own in the ECHL and maybe do well in the AHL, unfortunalty the money just wasnt there and a lot of teams went to the Wall, some coming back, some not, Most of this was caused by the building of big Arenas like Manchester (17,000) Sheffield (9000) Nottingham (7,500) and Newcastle (6,000) other teams tried to compete with these teams but when their capacity was only around 2,500 /3,000 they couldnt compete finacially and some owners squandered a lot of money just keepin these teams going.

Now the sport in Englansd compairs of......... including capacity and Average attedances

Belfast (7,000) (3,500)
Cardiff New rink nearly finished and they usuaully attract 2,600
Edinburgh (4000 really old rink ) (800)
Coventry (2,800) (2,200)
Hull (1,800) (800)
BAsingstoke (2,000) (1,000)
Nottingham (7,500) (4,500)
Newcastle (6,000) (1,200)
Sheffield (9,000) (3-4000)
Manchester ....same as Cardiff new rink still being built but Id say they would have around 2,000 hard core fans

EPL

Wight Link (1,500) (650)
Guildford(2,400) (1,800)
Bracknell(3,200) (1,100)
Telford (1000) (450-500)
Solihull (1000) (300)
Peterborough (1700) (800)
Sheffield (2,400) (300)
Swindon (1,700) (800)
Slough (1,200) (700)
Chelmsford(1,200) (450)
Romford(1,700) (700)
Milton Keynes (2,200) (1,300)

All these figures are appoxomate

All the EPL teams have junior development teams ranging rom u10 t0 u19

The everyone in the ELite has or are in the process of getting junior set ups Nottingham /Shefield/Belfast junior teams are set up in different rinks

scoobster is offline  
Old
10-10-2006, 01:11 PM
  #40
Gwyddbwyll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 10,525
vCash: 500
Great list of players mattski - thanks for the info.

We also have Tom Carlon who is very promising apparently. I also remember the names Adam Brittle and Oliver Bronniman. Matt Myers too (v.good in Eastside!) I'll have to find out how they are doing. There was someone else who emerged at a recent youth tournament, voted the best player but his name escapes me atm (Adam Walker?)

Gwyddbwyll is online now  
Old
10-10-2006, 03:42 PM
  #41
mattski93
Poo Brain
 
mattski93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oldham, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Great list of players mattski - thanks for the info.

We also have Tom Carlon who is very promising apparently. I also remember the names Adam Brittle and Oliver Bronniman. Matt Myers too (v.good in Eastside!) I'll have to find out how they are doing. There was someone else who emerged at a recent youth tournament, voted the best player but his name escapes me atm (Adam Walker?)
Carlon's probably on the verge on breaking into the GB team as a regular - playing for the national team coach domestically can't hurt his chances - Brittle's kinda stalled in his development, not panning out as hoped and at 21 he's running out of time. Can't believe I forgot Brönnimann, he's a star of the future and could be the standout player in years to come.

As for Walker, since he's playing for Manchester I get to watch him every weekend and I can tell you he's a good one. Scored an absolute beauty of a wrister against Newcastle last Sunday, and he and Joe Miller are getting regular ice time both at even strength and on PPs and PKs. They've played often against other teams' top lines and not looked out of place at all. With Matt Rich joining them in place of James Hutchinson last weekend they looked even more potent. We may have one of the youngest British contingents in the Elite but from what I've seen so far it's one of the better ones.

mattski93 is offline  
Old
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
  #42
scoobster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Watch out for Steve Lee,usually a D man, but can play up front, just turned 16, still at school, and in his second full season playing for Hull Stingrays.........he is a great player now and in a couple of seasons will be awesome, in 18 yearsf watching the sport in Hull, he is by far and away the best young prospect


Last edited by scoobster: 10-13-2006 at 12:53 PM. Reason: missed his age
scoobster is offline  
Old
10-14-2006, 06:45 PM
  #43
GB
Registered User
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobster View Post
Watch out for Steve Lee,usually a D man, but can play up front, just turned 16, still at school, and in his second full season playing for Hull Stingrays.........he is a great player now and in a couple of seasons will be awesome, in 18 yearsf watching the sport in Hull, he is by far and away the best young prospect
Has it been 18 years since the Humberside Seahawks started? Where does the time go?

GB is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 08:19 AM
  #44
scoobster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Dunno ! But Ive got a bit more grey hair after the troubles weve had in Hull over the years........... finally we seem to have a bit of stability

scoobster is offline  
Old
10-15-2006, 10:22 AM
  #45
#2eddieshore
Registered User
 
#2eddieshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: England / Montréal
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Some people on here obviously have not seen the level of Canadian hockey.

Comments like the one saying the Ayr Scottish Eagles teams could possibly have done well in the AHL is 100% incorrect. The AHL is the development league for the NHL and full of prospects and high quality players, the Eagles would be trounced.

Also saying that CHL teams would lose to Elite league teams because they would be pushed around is wrong. The CHL may be junior but those guys actually throw hit after hit in their games and play with high intensity, the Elite league teams wouldn't know what had hit them.

#2eddieshore is offline  
Old
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
  #46
matt1219
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Speaking from expirence, I played in england for 2 years. I moved back about 1 and a half years ago. Hockey in england to put it simply sucks!!!!! I was one the england u 13 national team and i was the best (mabey the best in u14 and u15s too) For my club team haringey I would play at about 25% and still score 3 goals and set up a few too. I must admit, there are some good players but in all its not very good.

A friend from the national team-(u14 now) is playing for the chelmsford in the EPHL!!!!!!

matt1219 is offline  
Old
11-02-2006, 05:22 AM
  #47
Gwyddbwyll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 10,525
vCash: 500
Safe to say, junior hockey is a work in progress.. didnt even know England had U13 U14 U15s.

Where are you playing now?

Gwyddbwyll is online now  
Old
11-02-2006, 12:27 PM
  #48
matt1219
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Calgary royals AAA

www.eiha.co.uk is the big english hockey web site

matt1219 is offline  
Old
11-03-2006, 01:22 AM
  #49
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
Also saying that CHL teams would lose to Elite league teams because they would be pushed around is wrong. The CHL may be junior but those guys actually throw hit after hit in their games and play with high intensity, the Elite league teams wouldn't know what had hit them.


I'd say at least half of the Elite League teams are comprised of ex-CHL, NCAA, RSL, SEL, DEL, SVK players, etc. Add to that a lotta good British players and - yes, a CHL team would most definately lose to an Elite league squad.

Seriously, look at the past stats of EIHL players who played in the CHL or NCAA. The vast majority did extremely well (ppg+ players). No reason these same guys (older and stronger) couldn't dominate a CHL team.

The CHL obviously has the best junior talent in the world....but it's still a teenagers league.

Zine is offline  
Old
11-24-2006, 12:04 AM
  #50
Oil_Magic
Registered User
 
Oil_Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ED MO NT ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Oil_Magic
Hey I'm heading to Lancaster for school in the upcoming semester
Anyone know if there are any rinks near by for any type of skating or hockey???
thanks

PM please

Oil_Magic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.