HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dan Girardi at the draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 07:08 PM
  #101
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
he was an Allstar and had a great season

he is also a very reliable Dman

but he isn't the kind of player you trade first round pick+prospect for

but i would give up a lot for Stall or Mac

also Del Zatto interests me more
You mean McD not mAc

JayQueensNY88* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:12 PM
  #102
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Girardi goes no where! Staal injury 2 years in a row now,well I think he is over rated and would love him moved for a first and a top prospect

JayQueensNY88* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:17 PM
  #103
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Girardi goes no where! Staal injury 2 years in a row now,well I think he is over rated and would love him moved for a first and a top prospect
Good thing nobody cares what you think

Championship* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:18 PM
  #104
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
What in all **** are you people watching that you're saying things like Girardi is a one-dimensional shot blocking specialist with no discernable skill?

A defensive defenseman who munches minutes, rarely makes mistakes, blocks everything, makes smart first passes all the damn time, puts up 25-30 points a year and has a penchant for clutch play and raising his game when the stakes go up (3-9-12 in 20 in the playoffs, including a pair of insanely clutch goals)

Oh, right, and he's made of ****ing adamantium. He takes PK Subban slapshots to the ankle and misses 3 shifts. He'll play 30 minutes a night and ****ing laugh at the bench. He's honestly more deserving of the C than Ryan Callahan is based on work ethic, leadership and warrior intangibles alone.

But yeah, average and expendable. Go hivemind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
Yeah... he is an ironman. Thats what some Rangers fans don't see. This year has been a different story for Girardi, not his best year (then again it has been a so-so year for the entire team sans Lundqvist) and most people won't look past a 42 game sample size vs his entire career as a guy who can play 30+ minutes a game, is in every sense of the word a shut down defenseman and is made of steel.

He will never been an offensive guy. You want a guy who can play tons of minutes against the top tier talent in the league and do a great job of shutting them down? Danny G is the guy. If you want a two way defenseman who will also score 25-30 points... he is not your guy.
Yup I agree 110%. Girardi is my fav D. Again I say he goes no where. Staal to me is over rated and not needed. He can bring a lot back,I say move him

JayQueensNY88* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:22 PM
  #105
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,890
vCash: 50
1st + Tyler Pitlick

lakai17 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:32 PM
  #106
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I'd definitely sit down and think this one over. Especially if it's a top 5 pick, or at least close to it. I'm more enticed by picks because I'm going to the draft. Other Rangers fans would probably demand more NHL ready players than picks though.
Not going to happen . We would draft Nurse first he is what we need a mean SOB

supert is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
  #107
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.
 
A1LeafNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 566
top 4 for top 4 change of scenery for both type deal.

Gunnarsson for Girardi.

A1LeafNation is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
  #108
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
top 4 for top 4 change of scenery for both type deal.

Gunnarsson for Girardi.
Girardi doesn't need a change of scenery....

Championship* is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 04:49 AM
  #109
MTrangers
Registered User
 
MTrangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Yup I agree 110%. Girardi is my fav D. Again I say he goes no where. Staal to me is over rated and not needed. He can bring a lot back,I say move him
Staal is overrated? He was by far the #1 D when he was playing this year and do NOT count a tipped puck to the eye against him when it comes to his health. That's ridiculous to bring up.

MTrangers is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 05:33 AM
  #110
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
top 4 for top 4 change of scenery for both type deal.

Gunnarsson for Girardi.
Lmao best offer of the thread right here. When Avs fans are offering Stastny, Siemens, and a 2nd or oiler fans are offering their 1st, 2nd, and a good D prospect in Musil, the whole time, I was waiting for a stud like Carl Gunnarsson to be offered! Thank you kindly for the offer, and next time try not making me crack up. Sincerely, Rangers fan in N.Y.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
  #111
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,580
vCash: 500
I've seen some real funny **** in this thread. From the scraps being offered for Girardi to Staal is overrated and not needed.

Can someone be serious now? I've laughed enough.

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
  #112
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
1st + Tyler Pitlick
close'
add 2 of klefborn, marancin, gernat

rangers add boyle. christian thomas, calle anderson

bernmeister is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 08:01 AM
  #113
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrangers View Post
Staal is overrated? He was by far the #1 D when he was playing this year and do NOT count a tipped puck to the eye against him when it comes to his health. That's ridiculous to bring up.
We don't know if that puck caused any long term damage yet.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 08:05 AM
  #114
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Lmao best offer of the thread right here. When Avs fans are offering Stastny, Siemens, and a 2nd or oiler fans are offering their 1st, 2nd, and a good D prospect in Musil, the whole time, I was waiting for a stud like Carl Gunnarsson to be offered! Thank you kindly for the offer, and next time try not making me crack up. Sincerely, Rangers fan in N.Y.
Stastny: Overpaid underachiever. On second thoughts, he would fit right in with the Rangers.
Siemens: Prospect that would be lucky to be top 4

Oiler FANS offering their 1st, 2nd and Musil doesn't mean the Rangers are getting that value They aren't going to trade their 1st.

Come on. You guys overrate the HELL out of your D core.

Pi is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 11:10 AM
  #115
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Stastny: Overpaid underachiever. On second thoughts, he would fit right in with the Rangers.
Siemens: Prospect that would be lucky to be top 4

Oiler FANS offering their 1st, 2nd and Musil doesn't mean the Rangers are getting that value They aren't going to trade their 1st.

Come on. You guys overrate the HELL out of your D core.
actually, not so much.
Everybody wants our D so gotta disagree.

bernmeister is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 11:14 AM
  #116
Erixon53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Luke Schenn got JVR. Girardi is exponentially better than Schenn. Lets get a mathematician in here. Not saying Girardi would get a JVR type but there is no reason he shouldn't get a player similar to his age and potential impact. And I don't think a 1st, plus ? Is outlandish.

Erixon53 is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 11:23 AM
  #117
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,154
vCash: 50
This thread reminds me of all the Gaborik threads from a month ago, when Rangers fans told us what he would bring back in a trade.

Freudian is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
  #118
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,478
vCash: 500
Girardi is a top-2 in his prime. Between 25th-30th overall in the league, and easily top-10 in defensive play

He's also under contract for one more year and cheap at that.

top-20 pick
org's top-4 prospect
org's top-3 NHL proven young asset

GWOW is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 12:02 PM
  #119
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
top 4 for top 4 change of scenery for both type deal.

Gunnarsson for Girardi.
Girardi is Top-2. Not 4. And Girardi is superior to Gunnar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
This thread reminds me of all the Gaborik threads from a month ago, when Rangers fans told us what he would bring back in a trade.
What do Gaborik and Girardi have in common?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 12:18 PM
  #120
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,644
vCash: 500
If Richards gets bought out, as Leafs fan I'd do:

Grabovski (retain 2 Mil of salary, so a 5 m caphit) + 2014 1st rounder (it would be past the draft).

calcal798 is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  #121
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
If Richards gets bought out, as Leafs fan I'd do:

Grabovski (retain 2 Mil of salary, so a 5 m caphit) + 2014 1st rounder (it would be past the draft).
Rangers easily pass.

Girardi's value on this team is impossible to gauge. There's 1 particular fellow in this thread who's opinion is so far out there that he shouldn't be taken seriously. He's been trying to trade Girardi for years now.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  #122
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,154
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What do Gaborik and Girardi have in common?
One year remaining until they are UFAs.

Freudian is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 12:23 PM
  #123
Quares27
Registered User
 
Quares27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erixon53 View Post
Luke Schenn got JVR. Girardi is exponentially better than Schenn. Lets get a mathematician in here. Not saying Girardi would get a JVR type but there is no reason he shouldn't get a player similar to his age and potential impact. And I don't think a 1st, plus ? Is outlandish.
Schenn was 7 years younger than Girardi will be at the draft and a recent 5th overall pick. Girardi also has 1 year left on his deal where he'll be looking for a raise whereas Schenn had 4 years. Much different situations. If by "similar to his age and potential impact" you meant similar to Girardi's age and potential impact then he could definitely fetch that as a lot of teams would be interested in a bonafide top 4 d-man, but they're not going to get someone similar to JVR's age and potential impact.

Quares27 is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 12:25 PM
  #124
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
One year remaining until they are UFAs.
Which is why Rangers fans should be expecting a bunch of crap if they decide to move him?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 12:38 PM
  #125
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,154
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Which is why Rangers fans should be expecting a bunch of crap if they decide to move him?
I'm sure Rangers will get an ok return if they decide to trade Girardi. Just like they got an ok return when they traded Gaborik.

Freudian is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.