HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Jerseys

View Poll Results: Which home jerseys should the Wild wear in the playoffs?
Red 7 9.33%
Green 68 90.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 12:05 PM
  #51
OpRedDawn*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,129
vCash: 500
It's just annoying because they had two easy opportunities to rebrand and use the greens. They should have done it when Burns was traded, as it marked a brand new direction for the team. They also had a chance to do it when we landed Parise / Suter

I'm guessing the redo on the white will be mostly either green / cream or green / white. So, hopefully that means the greens will be official next year, and use the reds for special games

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
  #52
Jopsey
Registered User
 
Jopsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
It's just annoying because they had two easy opportunities to rebrand and use the greens. They should have done it when Burns was traded, as it marked a brand new direction for the team. They also had a chance to do it when we landed Parise / Suter

I'm guessing the redo on the white will be mostly either green / cream or green / white. So, hopefully that means the greens will be official next year, and use the reds for special games
By special games do you mean games played around December 25th?

Jopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:25 PM
  #53
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In a tree stand.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,246
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
It's just annoying because they had two easy opportunities to rebrand and use the greens. They should have done it when Burns was traded, as it marked a brand new direction for the team. They also had a chance to do it when we landed Parise / Suter

I'm guessing the redo on the white will be mostly either green / cream or green / white. So, hopefully that means the greens will be official next year, and use the reds for special games
My bet is the plan was to rebrand before the 2012-2013 season, but they decided to hold off due to the lockout and shortened season. Like any good marketing department, they want to build this up over the summer and generate lots of buzz leading up to next season.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
  #54
Kermie
Beaver Pride
 
Kermie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fargo, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Wild is 6-0-0 this season when wearing greens. Just sayin.

Kermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 02:32 PM
  #55
frozenriverrat77
Do Vu's New Voodoo
 
frozenriverrat77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Greens are by far the best, but I do like the reds. Too bad all the other teams copied the red circle logo and now it just looks recycled.

Btw they need to change the whites...They are just terrible.

frozenriverrat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:54 PM
  #56
Karl
Registered User
 
Karl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
If the Wild make the playoffs, I think the Wild will go all green for as long as they are in it. They are smart and know that Wild fans love the green jerseys.

They need to organize their jerseys. they need to have the same style home and away jersey next season.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:55 PM
  #57
tyratoku
Registered User
 
tyratoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
If the Wild make the playoffs, I think the Wild will go all green for as long as they are in it. They are smart and know that Wild fans love the green jerseys.

They need to organize their jerseys. they need to have the same style home and away jersey next season.
Next season the away(white) is changing. I'd imagine to reflect the green. Then the next season they might change up the green for a new home jersey and have no alternate. Then the following season introduce a red/green alternate.

That way, they stagger the jerseys so they don't lose out on sales, all the while uniting the brand and on-ice look.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:07 PM
  #58
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,966
vCash: 500
Ya, the white will coincide with the general design of the current thirds. Greens will turn into homes.

When this team gets the Winter Classic, those will become the new alternates. Probably will include heavy doses of cream (if not played out by then) and green with a red accent. That will then become the alternate.

As far as the playoff sweaters, assuming they make it, they will wear green.

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:30 PM
  #59
Generic User
Moderator
From Concentrate.
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 8,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Ya, the white will coincide with the general design of the current thirds. Greens will turn into homes.

When this team gets the Winter Classic, those will become the new alternates. Probably will include heavy doses of cream (if not played out by then) and green with a red accent. That will then become the alternate.

As far as the playoff sweaters, assuming they make it, they will wear green.
I hope you are right about all that.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:52 PM
  #60
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!
 
Blakkmantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I hope you are right about all that.
I'll second that notion.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:27 PM
  #61
Giles Ferrell
#believeinyeo
 
Giles Ferrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Ya, the white will coincide with the general design of the current thirds. Greens will turn into homes.

When this team gets the Winter Classic, those will become the new alternates. Probably will include heavy doses of cream (if not played out by then) and green with a red accent. That will then become the alternate.

As far as the playoff sweaters, assuming they make it, they will wear green.
100% agree with all of this

Giles Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.