HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Best young top-6 forward available for Cory Schneider

Old
04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
schneider hasnt even played one full season, and after this year he still will not have. but he's elite LOL. we'll see how elite he is in a full season, in a real division next year.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
You clearly haven't watched JVR play if you think he's soft in front of the net or doesn't go to that area.
And to add onto this.

You clearly haven't watch Schneider play if you don't think he is elite. And one of the best goalies in the NHL this season.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
schneider hasnt even played one full season, and after this year he still will not have. but he's elite LOL. we'll see how elite he is in a full season, in a real division next year.
I'm pretty sure it would take an elite talent to displace a generational talent/player would it not?

Old
04-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I don't think you realize Regehr is a defenseman unless we're talking about a different Regehr, so I'm confused as to what he has to do with this. And no I don't think M.Subban has more value than Schneider, I just think goalies in general tend to not have much value...I don't see how a late 1st at best is a bad deal for Schneider, wouldn't Canucks fans be happy with that?
So what do you think Regeir has the same value as Schneider? You assessed the same compensation. I wonder what you think Carey Price is worth, considering he has never put up anything close to Schneiders stats and is getting paid more then 50% more. Probably a late 1st, but a mid 1st at best in this draft.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Thanks but JVR is soft. Ask a person who works in the industry.
No he isn't. Stop trying to tell us what he is and isn't. We actually watch a majority if not all leaf games. I can't stand it when some self proclaimed expert tries to tell us about our players.

Also look, I'm not saying Schneider isn't elite or bad or good or whatever. I know he's a great goaltender but the deal wouldn't make sense from a leafs perspective.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:43 PM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 92
Quote:
So what do you think Regeir has the same value as Schneider? You assessed the same compensation. I wonder what you think Carey Price is worth, considering he has never put up anything close to Schneiders stats and is getting paid more then 50% more. Probably a late 1st, but a mid 1st at best in this draft.
What does Regehrs value have to do with a goalies? I don't think you realize he's a defenseman

And Carey Price probably isn't worth much to other teams but considering he's only 25 and younger than Schneider and still has 3x more experience than him...I'd say his value is just a bit better than Schneiders but Price's contract would deffs hurt him unless he has a good post-season.

But Price is worth much more to the habs than other teams would want to pay but at least I can admit that

Canucks fans are talking as if they want a few firsts for him or a 1st line winger...I'm not sure exactly what you guys think he's worth, maybe you or other canuck fans can tell me? And since you brought up Price, do you Canuck fans think Schneider has more value than Price taking into account age, contract length + salary and experience?

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
And to add onto this.

You clearly haven't watch Schneider play if you don't think he is elite. And one of the best goalies in the NHL this season.
I've seen Schneider lose the Canucks the game with 7 seconds left against the avs. Couldn't make the big saves an elite goalie would make after the team made a few mistakes. I guess you don't have to play a full season to earn elite status these days.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

Quote:
What does Regehrs value have to do with a goalies? I don't think you realize he's a defenseman

And Carey Price probably isn't worth much to other teams but considering he's only 25 and younger than Schneider and still has 3x more experience than him...I'd say his value is just a bit better than Schneiders but Price's contract would deffs hurt him unless he has a good post-season.

But Price is worth much more to the habs than other teams would want to pay but at least I can admit that

Canucks fans are talking as if they want a few firsts for him or a 1st line winger...I'm not sure exactly what you guys think he's worth, maybe you or other canuck fans can tell me?
probably the same as Vancouver's beginning asking price of Luongo. lol

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Canucks fans are talking as if they want a few firsts for him or a 1st line winger...I'm not sure exactly what you guys think he's worth, maybe you or other canuck fans can tell me?
None of the players I mentioned are 1st line players..

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
JVR isn't "soft", but he can't be mistaken as "tough" either.

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didact View Post
I've seen Schneider lose the Canucks the game with 7 seconds left against the avs. Couldn't make the big saves an elite goalie would make after the team made a few mistakes. I guess you don't have to play a full season to earn elite status these days.

Did you see the entire game, all the huge saves he made on our mistakes. Or just the goals he had no chance on because of our porous defensive play.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Numbers

Quote:

Canucks fans are talking as if they want a few firsts for him or a 1st line winger...I'm not sure exactly what you guys think he's worth, maybe you or other canuck fans can tell me? And since you brought up Price, do you Canuck fans think Schneider has more value than Price taking into account age, contract length + salary and experience?
It doesn't matter that Regeir is a defenceman, it just goes to show how ridiculous your comment was. Yes Carey Price has more value. Do you think it was a good selection at 5th overall for him? Clearly goalies can have more value than you suggest otherwise they wouldn't be drafted in 1st round. Do you think Schneider has more value then he was drafted, because he was drafted late in the 1st. Obviously he does, depending on the goalie, they have a lot more value then comparable position players. Many compare QB in football to goalie in hockey and guess what's the most valuable position in football? The idea that goalies carry less value is overrstated, because most teams will never trade a good starting goalie, since they are so hard to come by and this is why we don't see many trades.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:

Ya its the same deal for us.

We aren't saying what other teams would be willing to pay, we are saying what it would cost.

If you haven't noticed. The only person that wants to trade him or is entertaining the notion of trading him. Is VanKiller.

Me and Numbers don't want to trade him, and no other Canucks fans are entering cause they are all so sick and tired of the talk. They all want Schneider to stay aswell.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:53 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Burmistrov + 2013 1st

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
JVR isn't "soft", but he can't be mistaken as "tough" either.
That's just it right there. He's not tough. I wouldn't call him a power forward. But he is a big body that does do work along the boards and infront of the net.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Burmistrov + 2013 1st
The value is absolutely there, but if possible I would want to try and get one very good piece as opposed to two slightly lesser pieces.

Not that I would be disappointed with that return, though.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:00 PM
palindrom

if the forward is as young as Schneider does he count as "young top-6 forward" ?

Here is a list of forward as young as Schneider:

Ovechkin
Purcell
Stafford
Stastny
Stalberg
Wolski
Bozak
Dubinski
Versteeg
Bolland
Read
Kumelin

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
if the forward is as young as Schneider does he count as "young top-6 forward" ?
Sure, I guess. Who did you have in mind?

Old
04-14-2013, 08:05 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
The value is absolutely there, but if possible I would want to try and get one very good piece as opposed to two slightly lesser pieces.

Something around Little?

Old
Numbers

Quote:

The value isn't really there because Burmistrov does not fit in what Vancouver is trying do, and is not a 3rd line center. Schneider is one of the most valuable goalies in the league based on his play, demeaner, contract, and age he deserves a very good return, but most fans on HFboards are Homers to prospects and do not understand how hard it is to get proven talent.

Old
palindrom

Quote:
Sure, I guess. Who did you have in mind?
just some name of forward whose date of bird are +/- 6 months away from Schneider:

Ovechkin
Purcell
Stafford
Stastny
Stalberg
Wolski
Bozak
Dubinski
Versteeg
Bolland
Read
Kumelin
Wheeler
Desharnais

why Vancouver would want a "Young" forward anyway? isnt better to go with a veteran able to contribute while Vancouver window to win the cup is open?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Something around Little?
I was thinking more around Scheifele, but Little, while not bad, isn't really what we're looking for, I think.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post

Here is a list of forward as young as Schneider:

Ovechkin
Purcell
Stafford
Stastny
Stalberg
Wolski
Bozak
Dubinski
Versteeg
Bolland
Read
Kumelin
Ok? But goalies don't peak at the same age range. I know that you like goalie debates and are a known troll. Young is a relative term when comparing players at different positions.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:08 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
What makes Schneider that much better than Reimer?

This seems more about helping the Canucks than helping both teams.

iPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
sully1410

Quote:
The value isn't really there because Burmistrov does not fit in what Vancouver is trying do, and is not a 3rd line center. Schneider is one of the most valuable goalies in the league based on his play, demeaner, contract, and age he deserves a very good return, but most fans on HFboards are Homers to prospects and do not understand how hard it is to get proven talent.

Yes he is. He's actually a great third line center, and despite his numbers, he generates alot of offense. Garret9 has all the stats an stuff, but apparently everyone produces better with Burmi then not with Burmi. He's also one of our best PKer's and despite his small size, throws the body. He knocks Chara on his ass like two or three times a game, it's really funny.

He also has a lot of skill and leads the team on take aways.

The problem is that he doesn't really fit our system. Seems to have a hard time understanding that he has to dump the puck in, instead of trying to beat the defender him self.

He's also good on shoot outs.