HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News From Around the League - Part XL

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Nick0930

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post

Take that Clarkson!

This is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Heatly to have shoulder surgery.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
The leafs went 24+ minutes without a shot on Lundqvist tonight and Randy Carlyle didn't notice.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...ngers-playoffs

Old
04-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
The leafs went 24+ minutes without a shot on Lundqvist tonight and Randy Carlyle didn't notice.

Something like that probably happened during Marty's 6 save shutout of them during the playoffs. Don't know where I could find a stat like that though.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post

forget the shots, dude thinks helmets are causing concussions because the heads are hot?!?!

oh my...

Quote:
“I have a theory on concussions,” (Carlyle) said. “I think the reason there’s so much more of them obviously the impact and the size of the equipment and the size of the player — but there’s another factor: everyone wears helmets, and under your skull when you have a helmet on, there’s a heat issue.

“Everyone sweats a lot more, the brain swells. The brain is closer to the skull. Think about it. Does it make sense? Common sense?” said Carlyle, who said he’d never talked to a doctor about his premise, which he was introduced to by Jim Pappin, the former Leaf who also played his career helmet free.

“I don’t know if it’s true, but that would be my theory. Heat expands and cold contracts. The brain is like a muscle, it’s pumping, it swells, it’s a lot closer to the outside of the skull.”

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Old
04-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
forget the shots, dude thinks helmets are causing concussions because the heads are hot?!?!

oh my...
I love how the writer threw in that phrase "he'd never talked to a doctor about his premise". That bit was completely redundant and we all know it.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

Go Bryz. I don't know how he puts up with this ****

Old
04-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Forsberg is a beast. Had three great chances in the first period alone. He is a rich mans Clarkson.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:56 PM
King Henrique
¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ

The Penguins are reportedly close to signing UFA G, Eric Hartzell out of Quinnipiac.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayne Staley View Post
Go Bryz. I don't know how he puts up with this ****

I'd be stunned if he's not amnestied by the Flyers.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:19 PM
hlaverty06

No matter what Bryz says its so calming

Old
04-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrique View Post
The Penguins are reportedly close to signing UFA G, Eric Hartzell out of Quinnipiac.
They employ shrewd scouts

Old
04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
I'd be stunned if he's not amnestied by the Flyers.
Kovy and Anton would love another Russian in the locker room. I'm sure it would boost Anton's confidence if he doesn't get bought out (which is 80% at this point.)

Old
04-14-2013, 10:08 PM
njdevil26

Haha Bryz is owed so much money by the Flyers... let them buy him out and we can sign him for 2 mil a year. Watching him be amazing here.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Haha Bryz is owed so much money by the Flyers... let them buy him out and we can sign him for 2 mil a year. Watching him be amazing here.
Bryz is not a bad goalie. His defense is a joke. Remember how many odd man rushes he faced against us.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:19 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Bryz is not a bad goalie. His defense is a joke. Remember how many odd man rushes he faced against us.
My honest assessment? Bryz is a fantastic goalie that has WAY too much pressure on him in an organization that has seen year after year what kinds of teams win championships and refuse to conform to a winning style. From the absolute lack of discipline preached throughout the club, to the strange fact that every prospect they bring up ends up being a cheap-shot artist (besides Read).
You need to look no further than Richards and Carter. Two guys that were apparently such a ridiculous problem in the dressing room that they had to be traded. They both ended up in the party capital of the USA and just won a championship together and are having no issues. I mean hell.... can anyone name the last time the captain of a team lost his cool and got suspended in the middle of a crucial playoff series? It's honestly like whoever throws on that orange jersey completely forgets how to play responsible two way hockey... and if you DO accomplish that, you get traded out of town (Gagne, Carter, Richards, Van Riemsdyk). They need a serious re-vamp of hockey ops and scouting in that place. I will gladly take Bryz or even Briere if they are available.

Also, if Bryzgalov was wearing red and black, not ONE of his interviews would have ever been "interesting." That is exactly what is ruining his stay in Philly.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
I mean he was a premier goalie in the NHL on Phoenix.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Scott04

Bryz is just so damn fun to watch when he plays us. The thing that's great about it is that he looks so shaky on the puck (rebound control, trying to play the puck, etc) that he appears terrible. But think back to the recent games against us (this season, plus the ones last year in the playoffs). On the whole, he has played pretty damn well. In the playoffs especially, if it wasn't for him, Philly would have lost by 5 goals most of those games. There may have been a few laughable goals, but otherwise he was pretty damn good against us. And that held true for a few of the regular season games against us this year too.

That being said, I still don't want him. But he's not as "terrible" as it would seem. But when he is going to screw up, he makes it quite memorable.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

If possible, I'm taking BryzBear over Moose in a heartbeat. I don't hate Herberg, he's one hell of a true back-up, but as a starter he crumbles like a wet firecracker.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:50 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Bryz is a riot and he's awesome....but a goalie here, yeahhh no.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:23 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Bryz stinks these days.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Bryz was one of my favorite goalies when he was in Phoenix. When he came to Philly I'm pretty sure I pretended to forget about him, and laughed at his demise initially. I even posted on here once something like ''Where did they find this joker? Out of a dumpster somewhere?'' I even remember him owning us during the regular season last year, but somehow we beat them every time they start Bobrovsky.

At this point it's sad to see what's happened to him. He's been made a fool of, and I'm pretty sick of the way they treat this guy. He's taken so much **** from the media, but never do they call out anybody else. Stats junkies point out his save percentage (Like they do Marty) and he's given up more than his fair share of comedy goals, but most of that is on how awful that defense is that their icing in Philadelphia. How does Sergei Bobrovsky go from looking worse than Bryz last year to looking like a Vezina caliber goalie this year? He was fantastic in Phoenix Bryzgalov, and anybody who talks about Tippett's trap can go look up his 08-09 season with a 921 save percentage under Wayne frickin Gretzky. A notoriously BAD coach who did not play the trap. Did anybody watch the world championships in 09 when he lead Russia to a gold medal?

At this point I'm not sure if Ilya has been destroyed or not, but I'd welcome him as a cheap backup if he hasn't been destroyed. Sadly we won't know that until he plays somewhere else. He's rebound control is pretty shaky kinda like Marty's is at this point in his career, and he's not a great shootout goalie which don't matter since we don't have the shooters anyway. He's pretty solid, and he can usually give up 5 goals a game without giving up a goal that was on him. It's just his comedy moments like the Clarkson goal last year that are emphasized.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:46 AM
apice3*

I personally do not want Bryzgalov on our team, but I respect those who choose to disagree.

God bless.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Bryz is just so damn fun to watch when he plays us. The thing that's great about it is that he looks so shaky on the puck (rebound control, trying to play the puck, etc) that he appears terrible. But think back to the recent games against us (this season, plus the ones last year in the playoffs). On the whole, he has played pretty damn well. In the playoffs especially, if it wasn't for him, Philly would have lost by 5 goals most of those games. There may have been a few laughable goals, but otherwise he was pretty damn good against us. And that held true for a few of the regular season games against us this year too.

That being said, I still don't want him. But he's not as "terrible" as it would seem. But when he is going to screw up, he makes it quite memorable.
He also was the only reason that Philly beat us that time this season. Made many key stops in OT. That was the most we've attacked in OT this season during the OT period. Maybe even more than the one game we actually won in OT against the Caps. He played an oustanding game. He was good in the playoffs against us too aside from game 3 and that may have been Marty's worst game of the playoffs too.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:26 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

I don't want him here either but the guy is a pretty decent goaltender. His defense is absolute crap.

Yea, we got to him in the playoffs but he absolutely dominated us last year in the regular season. 1 goal in 3 games or something absurd like that?

Guy is good when he has a team in front of him and he's focused. Might not be worth the trouble/distraction but let's not pretend he's a sieve.

Closed Thread