HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greg Sherman & Co - Record as Colorado Avalanche GM (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 06:01 PM
shadow1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
From "McClement is close to re-signing" and "I put the odds of McClement returning at 90%" to "he was Toronto bound for months".
I laughed.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Nihiliste

Quote:
From "McClement is close to re-signing" and "I put the odds of McClement returning at 90%" to "he was Toronto bound for months".
Pretty much this.

Old
04-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
O'Reilly would never sign an offer sheet.

Old
04-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
O'Reilly would never sign an offer sheet.
Now I laughed.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:23 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Well this won't open a can of worms.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:15 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
Hey guys, information changes.

Of course, no need to mention me talking about Jones' re-signing, Wilson's signing just before announced, Winnik's impending trade and contract stuff, Lefebvre's issues with the dressing room and how he was a goner, O'Byrne as the only guarantee to be traded on the morning of trade deadline day, etc. Avs19, in both of my posts where I assured of McClement, I also assured of Jones in a matter of days. You conveniently leave that out.

I shouldn't have said he was Toronto bound for months because he was clearly still negotiating but that pull to go home has been strong for him for years. That's where he has wanted to be.

Anyways, that's cool, won't share anything else folks. Don't want to lead anybody astray.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post

Of course, no need to mention me talking about Jones' re-signing, Wilson's signing just before announced, Winnik's impending trade and contract stuff, Lefebvre's issues with the dressing room and how he was a goner, O'Byrne as the only guarantee to be traded on the morning of trade deadline day, etc. Avs19, in both of my posts where I assured of McClement, I also assured of Jones in a matter of days. You conveniently leave that out.

I shouldn't have said he was Toronto bound for months because he was clearly still negotiating but that pull to go home has been strong for him for years. That's where he has wanted to be.

Anyways, that's cool, won't share anything else folks. Don't want to lead anybody astray.
Please don't let these few posters take away from a lot of us other fans who really enjoy reading what you have to say. I'm sure everyone, including the couple in the thread, love having your insight. Considering how the Avs are run, its pretty impressive you've been right about anything. It's sure as hell better than Dater's speculation, and that's the best "insider" the Avs have. I don't know why they all chose to call you out for two things that didn't play out as you were led to believe, and I'm sorry they did, but hey, it's an incredibly frustrating season and things aren't as nice as around here anymore. Don't let them get worse.

edit: and for those laughing about O'Reilly signing an offer-sheet, who wouldn't turn down the money he had offered to him?

And can you really not see why it would go from "he is going to re-sign" to "Toronto bound for months"? McClement obviously wasn't going to be walking around the room telling everyone he plans to head out to Toronto at the end of the year. What kind of teammate would that be? I'm sure he led some people on like he'd like to work it out, and then once he was gone it kind of comes out that he always wanted to play in Toronto. It's not like TPS is best friends with everyone on the team. He can only pass on what some of the guys believe is going to happen. No need to call out a guy who is a luxury around here.

Last edited by Avs71: 04-09-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old
04-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Christ's sake, O'Reilly signed the offer sheet because the option was to sit out the rest of the season, maybe longer. Are we really gonna go down this road?

Old
04-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Just giving ya a hard time. Nothing malicious intended.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:45 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Christ's sake, O'Reilly signed the offer sheet because the option was to sit out the rest of the season, maybe longer. Are we really gonna go down this road?
People like to bite the hand that feeds sometimes.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:44 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:

Calm down TPS. We all appreciate your information on here and we would hate losing you in that sense.
It was just kind of awkward for me that you basically told me that I am completely wrong even though I basically recited the information you gave us. That kind of threw me off a little.

No big deal. It is a very fluid business. Should have maybe PM'd you. Sorry for that.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:51 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Nice. Way to chirp from the cheap seats, guys. I don't see TPS laying out the legions of homers in here months after their silly pom-pom waving predictions are (as usual) proven wrong.

Very poorly done.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:19 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah not cool guys. As TPS said situations change all the time and people react to these changes. Didn't ROR say in a tweet "I just want to play hockey, man!" or something to that effect?

TPS, I can assure you that there are a lot more people here that appreciate your info that the other way around. Don't let these guys get to you.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:46 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Information can always change. I sometimes you need to be more clear when you ask TPS stuff, and maybe same goes for him.

When someone says "What do you make of Ducks scouts being at Avs games?"

It's possible that he is just speculating like any other fan on here would do when asked a question. I very much doubt he would know what they do at our games just cause he knows some of the players on our team.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Old
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Don't forget "zero interest in re-signing."

Old
04-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:

That's all I was pointing out. Previously you implied he was negotiating and probably would be returning. Then you quoted Joem's post about McClement and basically said he had no interest in coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
People like to bite the hand that feeds sometimes.
Can't tell if this is one of the best or one of the worst posts I've seen here. Either way, it made me laugh. Well done sir.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Foppa2118

This has got to be one of the dumbes things I've seen written on the Post, and that's saying something. Woody Page hasn't written a hockey article in like three years it seems, and now he wants Sakic as GM, and Gqoz as head coach, and this is his reasoning for Sakic over Roy.

Quote:
I realize the popular choice for the executive vice president's role or the coaching job is former goalie Patrick Roy. But St. Patrick arrived, conquered and left us behind. Joe's and George's roots run deeper in Denver.
http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...orge-gwozdecky

So Roy's a bad choice because he was older than Sakic, retired and went back home to Quebec. If he would have stayed an extra five years and stunk up the joint, he would make an excellent choice as GM or HC.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:08 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
This has got to be one of the dumbes things I've seen written on the Post, and that's saying something. Woody Page hasn't written a hockey article in like three years it seems, and now he wants Sakic as GM, and Gqoz as head coach, and this is his reasoning for Sakic over Roy.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...orge-gwozdecky

So Roy's a bad choice because he was older than Sakic, retired and went back home to Quebec. If he would have stayed an extra five years and stunk up the joint, he would make an excellent choice as GM or HC.
It's sad...the guy is pretty good in his books but I don't think he's passionate about hockey. He's always been a football kinda guy in my opinion. His "Third Down And A War To Go" was a brilliant work. I like his insight but when writing about hockey he leaves me wanting more. He'll never be confused with Jack Falla...that's for sure.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:06 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Woody Paige was never good at anything.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:01 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Woody Paige was never good at anything.
Have you read Third Down and a War to Go? I thought it was a great book. I wouldn't say he was never good at anything but I would say we hasn't good at writing about hockey. He does a great job at capturing the spirit of the thing in football.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:01 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Don't forget "zero interest in re-signing."
We understand you don't like TPS or his opinions + insight.

No need to continue to bring up the fact he was wrong in a few things. Obviously Einstein was a blubbering idiot because all of his theories weren't all 100% accurate.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:16 PM
cgf

Einstein was an idiot, who was constantly wrong about almost all of his theories.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:46 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Einstein was an idiot, who was constantly wrong about almost all of his theories.
But that one damn theory he was right about most everyone keeps hoping to prove him wrong about. How does Gravity, Nuclear (weak/strong) and electromagnetic work anyways? First one to figure it out will probably use it to build the next NHL dynasty.

I believe Einstein thought superstring would eventually be solved by a theory less than one inch in length:

SC=33+19+52+77+21+23+4

Too damn long...but it's as close as we've seen so far....

Adams knows the answer is 42...we just haven't come up with the right combination yet...

Last edited by expatriated_texan: 04-14-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old
04-14-2013, 09:56 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Einstein was alright. He was no Sherman though.

Closed Thread