HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Dada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Comrie shouldgo in the late 2nd/early 3rd round. Believe his stock isn't as high as it once was.
Than I'd rather pick a foward and Comrie later than"sacrifice" my 1st for Fucale

Old
04-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Dauphin could easily be a 1st.
No way should he go that high.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
No way should he go that high.
Maybe not but he's stepped it up and was in the spotlight during the 2nd half. I would like him with an early 2nd but ofcourse it's all a big mystery how the 2nd half of the 1st round goes.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Think Montreal will do a gimmic and have Galchenyuk call our 1st round pick ?

I ****ing hope not.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:33 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

I ****ing hope not.
We should troll New Jersey fans and have Gionta call our first pick.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:48 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
We had a 7th last year
In fact, no.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Maybe not but he's stepped it up and was in the spotlight during the 2nd half. I would like him with an early 2nd but ofcourse it's all a big mystery how the 2nd half of the 1st round goes.
He has good offensive instincts but average size and speed. I wouldn't touch him before our 2nd rounder or one of our 3rds. Not even one of the top 7-8 Q guys...MacKinnon Drouin Fucale Erne Gauthier Morin Zykov Carrier Sorensen plus maybe Roy and Poirier.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Guilliam

I haven't seen most of these prospects, but with what I've read about Dauphin, he seems like a safe pick but not somebody with a lot of potential. Is that accurate?

If it is, I'd be disappointed if we pick him in the first round. I'd hope for someone with a bigger upside.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Bernier was picked 16th overall Grant, might not be the best example
It's not where they were drafted that's relevant, but how they turned out. Bernier is not a top 6 NHL forward..not even a top 9. Mantha is a risky pick in the top 30, let alone the top 20.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:37 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has good offensive instincts but average size and speed. I wouldn't touch him before our 2nd rounder or one of our 3rds. Not even one of the top 7-8 Q guys...MacKinnon Drouin Fucale Erne Gauthier Morin Zykov Carrier Sorensen plus maybe Roy and Poirier.
I like him better than the last 2 and Mantha before him.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

I ****ing hope not.
Should make the pick in French, just because we can.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Draft

I would trade my first born + DD + 1st + 2nd NSH + 2nd CGY + Ellis for a chance at picking Lindholm if he falls out of the top 5/6. Seems as if he's been falling in people's rankings, anyone know why?

Old
04-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I would trade my first born + DD + 1st + 2nd NSH + 2nd CGY + Ellis for a chance at picking Lindholm if he falls out of the top 5/6. Seems as if he's been falling in people's rankings, anyone know why?
I don't think anyone does that, if you wanna move into the top 5 it's gonna cost plekanec +1st and 2nd

Old
04-15-2013, 05:53 AM
HabsSlappy

Don't look now but sportsclubstats.com is showing that it is most likely that Calgary picks 3rd and Nashville picks 4th.

3 picks all at the end of the first/beginning of the second! My mouth is watering...

Old
04-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I like him better than the last 2 and Mantha before him.
Yeah forgot Mantha. The last 2 will likely go 35-50 overall.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
I don't think anyone does that, if you wanna move into the top 5 it's gonna cost plekanec +1st and 2nd
Do you know how much a first born is worth? I'm more speculating if he falls to 7th/8th and the price becomes more reasonable.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
Don't look now but sportsclubstats.com is showing that it is most likely that Calgary picks 3rd and Nashville picks 4th.

3 picks all at the end of the first/beginning of the second! My mouth is watering...
From 3rd to 9th right now is only separated by 4 points, then Buffalo in 10th to San Jose at 22nd only 7 points...crazy.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Do you know how much a first born is worth? I'm more speculating if he falls to 7th/8th and the price becomes more reasonable.
Elias lindholm is putting up better stats than nicklas backstrom, regardless of whether or not he's played better than him in his draft year, those stats are god damn impressive.

And even if its for 7/8 DD has no value for a team in that position and Ellis is still a project whose gonna take at least another 3 years in Hamilton and will probably become depth defenseman/tweener. No ones gonna trade you a bluechip prospect with potential to be a star for our scrap.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I don't think we'll go the franco route in the 1st round. But probably wish we'll fill that "obligation" in the 2nd. I think that whole lot of favorites will be gone before our pick. Which makes one of my target maybe available. Yes....I'm biased....GoBlue......JT Compher. Not big....but just a very smart player with a whole lot of talent. And he goes to Michigan next year. Not the only candidate...but a guy to consider even if he doesn't fill the "let's get bigger" concept.

Another one is the guy that I think Grant talked about. Ian McCoshen. Just a whole lot of qualites in that package that should evidently turned him into a NHL player....but with the role to determined. An 95' August born with those numbers in the USHL? It has to be impressive...and maybe a big time riser that nobody sees comes next June. The kid is in his 3rd year in the USHL...which means he started his USHL career at....15 years old. He will have to be considered, no matter how stacked we are on D.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 04-15-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old
04-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Elias lindholm is putting up better stats than nicklas backstrom, regardless of whether or not he's played better than him in his draft year, those stats are god damn impressive.

And even if its for 7/8 DD has no value for a team in that position and Ellis is still a project whose gonna take at least another 3 years in Hamilton and will probably become depth defenseman/tweener. No ones gonna trade you a bluechip prospect with potential to be a star for our scrap.
Yeah, it's not the best proposal out there but still may be possible. There have been many posters here claiming 1st + 2nd moves you up roughly 5 spots. IF the Habs could get trading partners it's totally possible to move up in the draft slowly. Unlikely though. I think a team like NYI would be interested in moving their pick, their prospect pool is full and they really need some help in terms of top-9 guys or roster players. It depends on who the trading partner is but, I think to jump from 27th-6th/7th could cost...

1st + NSH 2nd + CGY 2nd + MTL 3rd + DD/Bourque/Diaz + Kristo

I understand the quantity vs quality argument but in the draft quantity is quality. I think it's highly unlikely for any of this to happen.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't think we'll go the franco route in the 1st round. But probably wish we'll fill that "obligation" in the 2nd. I think that whole lot of favorites will be gone before our pick. Which makes one of my target maybe available. Yes....I'm biased....GoBlue......JT Compher. Not big....but just a very smart player with a whole lot of talent. And he goes to Michigan next year. Not the only candidate...but a guy to consider even if he doesn't fill the "let's get bigger" concept.

Another one is the guy that I think Grant talked about. Ian McCoshen. Just a whole lot of qualites in that package that should evidently turned him into a NHL player....but with the role to determined. An 95' August born with those numbers in the USHL? It has to be impressive...and maybe a big time riser that nobody sees comes next June. The kid is in his 3rd year in the USHL...which means he started his USHL career at....15 years old. He will have to be considered, no matter how stacked we are on D.
To be honest, I think that culturally biased picking might even make it's way into the 1st round. When guys like Gauthier, Mantha and Fucale are all reasonable picks to move up for from the QMJHL, it may very well happen. It's fine if they aren't being picked solely on the fact that they're French-Canadian.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:22 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
It's not where they were drafted that's relevant, but how they turned out. Bernier is not a top 6 NHL forward..not even a top 9. Mantha is a risky pick in the top 30, let alone the top 20.
Even though I disagree for Mantha, I understand what you mean, I was just being silly

Just found the example odd, since Bernier did go where you wouldn't pick Mantha

Old
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
le_sean

Quote:

I knew the name Ian McCoshen but never looked him up until now. Wow, damn impressive stats and size. I wonder how he skates.

Definitely someone Timmins would look at. Big frame, high upside, USHL, going to a very good program.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Mats86

Quote:

First I heard of him...has ISS been ranking him high?

Old
04-15-2013, 08:58 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I knew the name Ian McCoshen but never looked him up until now. Wow, damn impressive stats and size. I wonder how he skates.

Definitely someone Timmins would look at. Big frame, high upside, USHL, going to a very good program.
Agreed. McCoshen would not be a bad addition to our prospect pool.

Closed Thread