HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Best young top-6 forward available for Cory Schneider

Old
04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
The Big D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
He's has played much better, with a team that was worse infront of him. He's been the complete difference in our team being where we are, as opposed to being out of the playoff picture.

Its pretty simple really.
A leafs fan will say the exact same thing, look at Reimers stats and them compare who has what team in front of them. Right now Schneider and Reimer are a toss up at best

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
Or it's indicative of how out to lunch your gm is on trade value, this is the guy who thinks that 7uongoal has value, he's admitted his contract "sucks" and makes him immovable, goalies do not bear the same returns as ordinary players plain and simple. It's time you Vancouver fans and hopefully management too realize that your not getting a top 6 plus a top 4 is picks for either guy. As far as I'm concerned they can both rot there forever
Haha alright.

Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:39 PM
canucksPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
he's just saying if luongo isn't movable..

would you rather have ONLY schneids and buyout luongos contract and get nothin from it

or have luongo + (a henrique/kuznetsov/whatever)

the gap between luongo and schneids if there is one, is definitely less than a top-6 forward
Thinking long term, I keep Schneids and get nothing for luongo.
Top 6 forwards are always available at free agency for the price of lu's contract.

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
A leafs fan will say the exact same thing, look at Reimers stats and them compare who has what team in front of them. Right now Schneider and Reimer are a toss up at best
There is really no sense arguing with you, since most easterners are asleep by the time we play.

All I will say is, anyone who has watched both of them for a handful of games or more, would see that Schneider has been better of the two and th more valuable to his team.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:41 PM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Luongo, Bryzgalov, Raycroft, Lehtonen
Lehtonen was traded because of his injury and the bad season he was having...what contract issues are you talking about? He also signed cheap with the Stars (3.5m I think?). Bryz had contract issues but his rights were actually traded for only a 3rd round and some low end prospect and that's not much either and that doesn't quite help your case either.

Soo...basically of the 16 starters right now, 7 were signed as UFAs 9 were traded for (3 of them were sold high; Lu, Raycroft and Varlamov). Odds are Schneider may not get the return a lot of you are hoping for.

And you still haven't told me what you think Schneiders value is (in picks and players)

04-14-2013, 09:43 PM
The Big D

Quote:
There is really no sense arguing with you, since most easterners are asleep by the time we play.

All I will say is, anyone who has watched both of them for a handful of games or more, would see that Schneider has been better of the two and th more valuable to his team.
Or arguing with you because most westerners are still at work when eastern games come on? I'm not saying Schneider isn't good, I'm saying Reimer is equally as good. Wake up man. There are a lot of good goalies in the NHL right now, which is why your stuck paying 2, nobody wants one.. Especially for what your lunatic gm seems to think he can get for them. Has the fact neither has been moved as of yet not made that clear to you folks out west yet cause is rather obvious from everywhere else.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:47 PM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Lol I bet most of us EC fans aren't even in bed by midnight e.t.

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Wizeman*

Even if we give Luongo away for free we have to eat half his cap hit when he retires. I dont know any GM who wants to pay Luongo 6.7 mil for 4 more years, have him bolt, and also eat half his cap hit.

We got royally shafted in the new CBA. Under the old cba hes not a bad trade . Hes utterly worthless in trade now. Negative in fact.

So......how..........about...........I know I need write slowly here............keep ..............Luongo.........

Trade Schneider for prospects and picks. NOT top 6 guys now. Prospects and picks. Couturier and Simmonds seems good to me. If philly needs us to add we will add something realistic.

Schneider is worth an excellent young prospect and decent grinding 2/3 winger.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Lehtonen was traded because of his injury and the bad season he was having...what contract issues are you talking about? He also signed cheap with the Stars (3.5m I think?). Bryz had contract issues but his rights were actually traded for only a 3rd round and some low end prospect and that's not much either and that doesn't quite help your case either.

Soo...basically of the 16 starters right now, 7 were signed as UFAs 9 were traded for (3 of them were sold high; Lu, Raycroft and Varlamov). Odds are Schneider may not get the return a lot of you are hoping for.

And you still haven't told me what you think Schneiders value is (in picks and players)
I guess you didn't read my post very well, because I said contract and injury reasons lol. Take a look at your quote.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:49 PM
The Big D

Quote:
It's the most lame excuse, I bet most of us are up watching games on gamecenter or whatever like I am, it's more reasonable to assume western fans don't see east games, cause really who's home at 430? Housewives and school kids...

Old
04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
palindrom

Quote:
That analysis doesn't make much sense because it includes back ups. What's the average peak for starters? Lol
Well, they also did study only "elite" goalie (Hasek, Brodeur, Roy, Lundquvist, Luongo) and the conclusion was:

Quote:
Based on the preceding analysis, I believe it's clear that goaltender performance does degrade with age and the peak is pretty early in most careers.
So maybe we should take out backup and elite goalies from the picture to calculate the average age peak of a NHL goalie.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Or arguing with you because most westerners are still at work when eastern games come on? I'm not saying Schneider isn't good, I'm saying Reimer is equally as good. Wake up man. There are a lot of good goalies in the NHL right now, which is why your stuck paying 2, nobody wants one.. Especially for what your lunatic gm seems to think he can get for them. Has the fact neither has been moved as of yet not made that clear to you folks out west yet cause is rather obvious from everywhere else.
Um no.

I guarentee you I know more about the Leafs than you do about the Canucks.

If you haven't noticed everything in Canada is about the Leafs. I get as much Leafs coverage here as I get Canucks coverage.

I watch probably 80% of Leafs games, and if I don't watch I get the full highlights and anaylsis from the Toronto Media Stations.

Schneider has been the better goalie of the two. There is a reason one of them is in Vezina conversation and playing ahead of a generational talent, and a reason the other isn't in Vezina conversation and that his GM is looking elsewhere to get an upgrade in net.

And yes, I'm sure no GM wants Schneider.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Sorry to generalize.

But I think it is safe to assume us Westerns get more Leafs coverage, and pay more attention to the Leafs, than Leaf fans do the Canucks.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Leafidelity
Compete Level

vCash: 50
Quote:
He's has played much better, with a team that was worse infront of him. He's been the complete difference in our team being where we are, as opposed to being out of the playoff picture.

Its pretty simple really.
He hasn't played much better. He's played marginally better at best. That doesn't offset trading a young forward.

The trade would make the Canucks much better, but might actually make the Leafs worse when you alter Kessel's line.

Leafidelity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:56 PM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
I guess you didn't read my post very well, because I said contract and injury reasons lol. Take a look at your quote.
Oh, yeah I don't see where I was going with my post in that case. My point still stands, I don't think goalies usually get a big return unless they are truly proven like Luongo was...and I think Colorado overpaid for Varlamov, no way he's worth a 11th overall (Filip Forsberg). I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with Schneider if he gets traded, he'll most likely remain in Vancouver though so I don't even know why this thread was made.

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
He hasn't played much better. He's played marginally better at best. That doesn't offset trading a young forward.

The trade would make the Canucks much better, but might actually make the Leafs worse when you alter Kessel's line.
Whatever, thats not my argument.

He's the only one who wants to trade Schneider. I don't. And I wouldn't trade him for JVR.

And Schneider would make your team just as good if not better, Schneider is the kind of goalie who carries a team, thats what he has done for us this year. I don't think the same can be said for Riemer.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Orca Smash

Schneiders not getting traded, if trading schneider was an option he would be gone and this entire lou fiasco would have been avoided, some fans need to accept that lou will be gone, this entire soap opera with lou has gone to far to look back now. If trading schneider was a viable option the trigger would have been pulled already.

Orca Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Schneiders not getting traded, if trading schneider was an option he would be gone and this entire lou fiasco would have been avoided, some fans need to accept that lou will be gone, this entire soap opera with lou has gone to far to look back now.
This. Cory goes nowhere.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Schneiders not getting traded, if trading schneider was an option he would be gone and this entire lou fiasco would have been avoided, some fans need to accept that lou will be gone, this entire soap opera with lou has gone to far to look back now. If trading schneider was a viable option the trigger would have been pulled already.
Your logic is flawed. This entire 'fiasco' was BEFORE they screwed us by changing the CBA.

Luongo is now un trade-able. No? go ask Luongo and Gillis how trade-able he is.

Keep Luongo , trade Schneider.

Two years from now Schneider will be asking for an 8 year 7 mil dollar deal anyways. You want to go through all this again? Luongo is already signed at 5.3

Gillis screwed up on this one. Lets not make it worse by trading a good goaltender for nothing and eat his cap hit when he retires.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
So I think the player that gained the most traction was Henrique.

I think it makes a lot of sense. If we do trade Schneider, that is. Schneider ought to go to a team contending now, and the Devils made the SCF just last year. But they live and die by their goaltending, and it looks like Brodeur is finally slowing down.

IIRC Henrique can play C or W, he's on a very cheap contract(I don't know what kind of raise he'll be looking for, but it shouldn't be too unreasonable), and he's clutch in the playoffs.

Sure it sucks trading Schneider, but I have no doubt Luongo is good enough to get the job done, he made it to game 7 of the SCF with almost zero scoring support and a team wracked with injuries.

A team with Henrik, Kesler, Henrique, Schroeder, and hopefully Roy if we re-sign him all able to play centre would be killer depth, even in the event of injuries.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Numbers

Quote:
This is true.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Your logic is flawed. This entire 'fiasco' was BEFORE they screwed us by changing the CBA.

Luongo is now un trade-able. No? go ask Luongo and Gillis how trade-able he is.

Keep Luongo , trade Schneider.

Two years from now Schneider will be asking for an 8 year 7 mil dollar deal anyways. You want to go through all this again? Luongo is already signed at 5.3

Gillis screwed up on this one. Lets not make it worse by trading a good goaltender for nothing and eat his cap hit when he retires.
Then why was he not moved at the deadline or at all this year? Why was he not moved after he was re-signed for an asset?

And the term was a problem before the cba, so i think your lagic is flawed.

If you really think that schneider still might be traded so be it, i will very much disagree with you who is going to be gone.

It does not matter what you think or what you want to do or what i want to do, we have no idea what he will ask for next contract, all i am saying the club would have moved him by now if they were going to, all its doing is making us look bad with lou and creating unwanted tension with someone who we would desperately need to lean on to be our number 1 again. Why alienate lou and go through all this drama if it we had a good chance of keeping lou and trading schneider? It does not make sense.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 04-14-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Orca Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

As an Avs fan, living in Canada who has to watch the Leafs a lot, and by being an Avs fan watches the Canucks as well.

Reimer has been better then Schneider this year.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
As an Avs fan, living in Canada who has to watch the Leafs a lot, and by being an Avs fan watches the Canucks as well.

Reimer has been better then Schneider this year.
No. I'm a Canucks fan who watches the Leafs alot.

Riemer doesn't carry/bail out his team the way Schneider does.

Schneider is the main reason Vancouver wins, Riemer isn't the main reason Toronto wins. That's the difference.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
No. I'm a Canucks fan who watches the Leafs alot.

Riemer doesn't carry/bail out his team the way Schneider does.

Schneider is the main reason Vancouver wins, Riemer isn't the main reason Toronto wins. That's the difference.
The stats would say otherwise....

Vancouver wins no matter who is in net. Whether its Schneider(15-8-2, .925 sv%) or Lunongo(8-4-3, .911 sv%).

The Canucks don't win because of Schneider. They win because they have a good well balanced team.

On the other hand, Reimer(16-5-5, .922 sv%) has a much better stat ratio then Scrivens(7-8-0, .918 sv%).

The Leafs DO win because of Reimer. It cannot be made any more obvious then those numbers right there.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote