HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sauer injured at WJC Camp

Old
08-14-2006, 12:03 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Sauer injured at WJC Camp/Juris Stals signs in Russia

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

Havent got confirmation of what exactly is wrong.
Damn. hopes its not too bad. I like this kid.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 09-01-2006 at 11:53 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 12:04 PM
FLYLine24*

Dammit, i heard a rumor of this as well but wasnt from a good source so i didnt bother even mentioning it. There goes his chances of him getting on the team...hopefully its not serious (like a broken finger or something).

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 12:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Dammit, i heard a rumor of this as well but wasnt from a good source so i didnt bother even mentioning it. There goes his chances of him getting on the team...hopefully its not serious (like a broken finger or something).
Same here, i didnt want to mention it either but it looks like something did in fact happen. Oh, well thats part of the game. Hopefully its something that he can recover from before Rangers Camp so he gets something out of that experience, but losing the experience of the WJ's really stinks.

Old
08-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Levitate

ugh, he has to find a way to avoid these injuries...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 12:37 PM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Havent got confirmation of what exactly is wrong.
Damn. hopes its not too bad. I like this kid.
Not again!

barrel_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 01:14 PM
DarthSather99

I would NOT assume the worst. No news is good news IMO. If it was something serious like a broken leg or concussion, I'm sure that news would have been published somewhere. They are probably being cautious with him by not playing him in any games.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 01:38 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Is this Jess Rubenstern's source?A user comment on a blog?

http://slog.cstv.com/rinkrat/2006/08...ake_placi.html

Scroll down to comments about the blog about Sauer not playing the last two days of the U.S. camp

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Dubi

Jess is in direct contact with Sauer and with the Winter Hawks. His source is not a comment on a blog. He is trying to learn more about what happened.

Dubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Dubi

Fletch, the Sauer news has been up since this morning. The Ortmeyer news was just added a short while ago (it was released by the Rangers about an hour ago).

Dubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 02:25 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi View Post
Fletch, the Sauer news has been up since this morning. The Ortmeyer news was just added a short while ago (it was released by the Rangers about an hour ago).
maybe the rangers will announce something tonight hopefully like Guenin, Crabb or Potter signed.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Fletch

Thanks Dubi...

I didn't read the original Sauer article but found it strange that it was headlined by the Ortmeyer article, so I didn't realize it was later added.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 03:26 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sauer was held out due to a minor injury and he will be 100% for the Rangers camp

Got that from someone who was at the camp last week in Lake Placid

Old
08-14-2006, 03:48 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sauer was held out due to a minor injury and he will be 100% for the Rangers camp

Got that from someone who was at the camp last week in Lake Placid
Thats great news if true.

Old
08-14-2006, 06:42 PM
shoothepuck

Let's hope it's nothing serious, he's got to stay healthy.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:01 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
We've confirmed Jess Rubenstein's report about Mike Sauer suffering an injury during his second game at USA Hockey's WJC evaluation camp last week that kept him out of the remaining games. A reporter working on an exclusive Blueshirt Bulletin story on Sauer's recent experiences spoke to him shortly after the injury -- he suffered a slight concussion and felt good enough to keep playing but was withheld for precautionary reasons

Old
08-15-2006, 06:55 PM
xander

Slight or not, the word concussion always scares me. But it's good to hear that this wasn't anything serious.

does anyone know how Sauer looked before he was injured? If he made a good impression it's still not impossible for him to make the squad (though we all know that CHL players tend to get shafted when it comes to the WJC's.) There's even the possiblity that he could be included based on ::gasp:: his play in the WHL this year.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
FLYLine24*

Bit of bad news...Sauer is still feeling some of the effects of the concussion which is keeping him out of Portland scrimmages and training camp/practices. He is making it to a couple practices but he is not 100% yet. I hope its just precautionary measures.

Its only been 2 weeks so its not that much cause of alarm yet, hopefully he will be back at 100% very soon.

Old
08-30-2006, 10:06 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Bit of bad news...Sauer is still feeling some of the effects of the concussion which is keeping him out of Portland scrimmages and training camp/practices. He is making it to a couple practices but he is not 100% yet. I hope its just precautionary measures.

Its only been 2 weeks so its not that much cause of alarm yet, hopefully he will be back at 100% very soon.
Makes sence. Shockey also had a mild concussion but was kept out of training for a while. Took a few weeks for the effects to totally wear off, and then was kept out a little longer for precautionary purposes. Come back too soon and the concussion will most probably become a recurring problem.

romba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 08:44 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Its incredible how much we dont know about concussions, but what they do know is that you have to be extra careful about returning too quickly. Remember Richters second concussion? It was a tap.

Hopefully its all precautionary and its the right thing to do, even if he feels fine to play. Yes, hes losing out on some quality experience but he has plenty of time for that.

Old
08-31-2006, 10:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

Are you referring to the Oregonian forum on the Winter Hawks?One guy says Mike Sauer skated the entire session on Sunday.One guy says he has not skated.The camp that is being held doesn't seem to very well organized.Brandon Dubinsky and other former Hawks including Paul Gaustad are participating in the scrimmages.Why are those players participating when they aren't going to be in Portland?It's like a pre-training camp

Old
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Pizza

You take your time with these things. No reason not to.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 11:05 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Are you referring to the Oregonian forum on the Winter Hawks?One guy says Mike Sauer skated the entire session on Sunday.One guy says he has not skated.The camp that is being held doesn't seem to very well organized.Brandon Dubinsky and other former Hawks including Paul Gaustad are participating in the scrimmages.Why are those players participating when they aren't going to be in Portland?It's like a pre-training camp
Yea, that forum....there was some conflicting stories from the people.

That is the Hawks official training camp though as they will be making cuts shortly. I think Dubinsky is still considered to part of the Hawks which is why he is there. He'll be coming back to NY shortly though.

Old
08-31-2006, 02:48 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
19-year-old Michael Sauer, a 2nd round pick of the New York Rangers in the 2005 NHL draft, signed an NHL contract last month and will leave for the Rangers’ camp next Wednesday, September 6. Since Sauer is a 19-year-old, he must either earn a permanent spot on the Rangers’ blue line or he will return to Portland to finish his junior career
http://www.winterhawks.com/index.php...d=787&Itemid=1

They mention the other Portland players who didn't skate this week because of injuries but make no mention of Sauer's injury

Old
09-01-2006, 11:51 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
"It's a minor one. It's not like I got knocked out or anything. I hit a guy and jammed my jaw. I kind of saw stars for a few days. But they don't want to send me to [Ranger] camp all woozy."
-Sauer

dont know if anyone heard this...

Quote:
Juris Stals, whose stock has declined since an eye-opening training camp in 2003, signed to play in Russia with Dynamo Moscow after playing for Charlotte the past two seasons and Hartford the year before that.

Old
09-14-2006, 04:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Michael Sauer, the 19-year-old defenseman who was the 40th overall selection in the 2005 Entry Draft, is still suffering post-concussion symptoms after an injury he sustained at last month's USA Hockey Evaluation camp and will not attend Ranger camp
http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers...rry_brooks.htm