HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Avatars Poll

View Poll Results: Which playoff avatar theme do you want to go with?
The Habbits 31 17.03%
Dive for 25 72 39.56%
DRive for 25 9 4.95%
A New Era (A New Hope) 17 9.34%
Game of thrones theme (Whining is coming) 28 15.38%
Feels good man 13 7.14%
Old habits die hard 2 1.10%
Other 5 2.75%
Hump the Cup 5 2.75%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 06:52 PM
  #51
Viggo Mortensen
Registered User
 
Viggo Mortensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gondor
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
lol, this is going nowhere.
Yup, but its either because some themes are lame or because they are not known by everyone (GoT)

Viggo Mortensen is online now  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:55 PM
  #52
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ork
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggo Mortensen View Post
Yup, but its either because some themes are lame or because they are not known by everyone (GoT)
Nope, it's because we're a big, unhappy, dysfunctional family

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:03 PM
  #53
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,682
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Nope, it's because we're a big, unhappy, dysfunctional family
Yes we put the feud in Family Feud

donghabs98 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 07:19 PM
  #54
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 50
Yeah... We're pretty crazy...

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 08:03 PM
  #55
jpchabby
Registered User
 
jpchabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 500
If people are unhappy about the winning theme, they can make their own avatars... it's not as if we were forcing it to everyone...

jpchabby is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 08:17 PM
  #56
Yep
Registered User
 
Yep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Planète XY 1000 Z
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I think yours would look really good with a third panel showing the playoffs logo. Pictures from players while they're playing would look better too.
Based on your comments.

First pane : 2-3 words and a pic

Second pane : Old habs hero (Lafleur, Roy, Béliveau, etc.) saying "feels good man"

Third pane : stanley cup logo


Yep is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 08:33 PM
  #57
The Russian General
Força Portugal
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 11,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post
Based on your comments.

First pane : 2-3 words and a pic

Second pane : Old habs hero (Lafleur, Roy, Béliveau, etc.) saying "feels good man"

Third pane : stanley cup logo

That's cool.

The Russian General is online now  
Old
04-14-2013, 08:37 PM
  #58
The Russian General
Força Portugal
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 11,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Really, you guys want to put Bruin faces on the Habs Playoff Avatar? Are you guys secretly obsessed with them?

PATHETIC
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1015115

Please, you have no lesson to give.

The Russian General is online now  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:58 PM
  #59
Yep
Registered User
 
Yep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Planète XY 1000 Z
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Three "Feels good man" avy (not sure about the first pane font):







Yep is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:11 PM
  #60
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ork
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post
Three "Feels good man" avy (not sure about the first pane font):






LOOKS good, man... but you gotta keep it simple! You'll get requests for so many Habs old-timers that you'll have to 'shop into your 2nd panel (a different one for every avatar?), then you'll have to 'fit' whatever pic the board members will choose for the 3rd frame, plus add the text... Planning to work full-time on this?

If you ask me, you gotta choose ONE recognizable face for your 'feels good' frame. Lafleur? Roy? PK? Bergevin? Therrien? Molson? And we're back to square one, where no will agree...

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:19 PM
  #61
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
I like the feels good man ones, although I voted for the Star Wars theme.

I really hope we don't go with "Dive for 25". I think it's funny internally, but not as our avatars. As long as it has zero bruins content in it, then I can see it being a reference to the accusation, but it really is centered around what the Bruins and (now, cuz they are the Bruins' bffs/btches) Leafs think.

As I've mentioned before, I think our current reg. season ones have been awesome! I will feel sad giving them up.

habtastic is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:28 PM
  #62
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ork
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
So here's something that I've been working on, but I'm not sure where I should take it next. Something about the bleu blanc rouge, how these colors don't run, the Sainte-Flanelle that binds us...



Figured I'd work on something that'll actually be unifying instead of divisive. Maybe it'll 'stitch' us all together? (pardon the cheap pun)

Ideas are welcome. No rush, right? Still 7 games to go...

GO HABS GO!



Last edited by Bloumeister: 04-14-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: NO rush, right? One 'R' too many...
Bloumeister is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:28 PM
  #63
Yep
Registered User
 
Yep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Planète XY 1000 Z
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
LOOKS good, man... but you gotta keep it simple! You'll get requests for so many Habs old-timers that you'll have to 'shop into your 2nd panel (a different one for every avatar?), then you'll have to 'fit' whatever pic the board members will choose for the 3rd frame, plus add the text... Planning to work full-time on this?

If you ask me, you gotta choose ONE recognizable face for your 'feels good' frame. Lafleur? Roy? PK? Bergevin? Therrien? Molson? And we're back to square one, where no will agree...
I thought of sticking to 5-8 highly recognizable legend-grade old-timers for the second pane (so no special request).

I have a three-week old baby at home and a full-time job so I ain't got that much time. I also thought the avy-making was a group thing with all the boards'shoopers pooling in. I could probably do a couple dozen avy over a week, but not many more.

Yep is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:31 PM
  #64
Yep
Registered User
 
Yep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Planète XY 1000 Z
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
So here's something that I've been working on, but I'm not sure where I should take it next. Something about the bleu blanc rouge, how these colors don't run, the Sainte-Flanelle that binds us...



Figured I'd work on something that'll actually be unifying instead of divisive. Maybe it'll 'stitch' us all together? (pardon the cheap pun)

Ideas are welcome. Ro rush, right? Still 7 games to go...

GO HABS GO!

I like your graphic skills, your vision and your intent. I'll help.

Yep is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:36 PM
  #65
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ork
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post
I thought of sticking to 5-8 highly recognizable legend-grade old-timers for the second pane (so no special request).

I have a three-week old baby at home and a full-time job so I ain't got that much time. I also thought the avy-making was a group thing with all the boards'shoopers pooling in. I could probably do a couple dozen avy over a week, but not many more.
I suck at making gifs... but once the template/storyline is set, if you only have one frame to add, I guess it's not that bad. Wouldn't know about the pool, I only had my avatar done by Jee once (the 'Learn Le French' one), but I believe he wasn't alone in this. I also heard that most avy gifs from last year were done in North Korean sweatshops by 6-year-old kids during their 5-minute breaks. Apparently, Kim Jong Un is a big Habs fan

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:38 PM
  #66
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
I suck at making gifs... but once the template/storyline is set, if you only have one frame to add, I guess it's not that bad. Wouldn't know about the pool, I only had my avatar done by Jee once (the 'Learn Le French' one), but I believe he wasn't alone in this. I also heard that most avy gifs from last year were done in North Korean sweatshops by 6-year-old kids during their 5-minute breaks. Apparently, Kim Jong Un is a big Habs fan
I usually do them all.

Jee is online now  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:42 PM
  #67
Yep
Registered User
 
Yep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Planète XY 1000 Z
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
I usually do them all.


Then I change my vote for whatever you want to do. And I'll help if I can.

Yep is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:49 PM
  #68
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ork
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
I usually do them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post


Then I change my vote for whatever you want to do. And I'll help if I can.
Which makes all the bickering and train-derailing all the more frustrating

Hoping that people will be more constructive

Please?

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:58 PM
  #69
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
So here's something that I've been working on, but I'm not sure where I should take it next. Something about the bleu blanc rouge, how these colors don't run, the Sainte-Flanelle that binds us...



Figured I'd work on something that'll actually be unifying instead of divisive. Maybe it'll 'stitch' us all together? (pardon the cheap pun)

Ideas are welcome. No rush, right? Still 7 games to go...

GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post
I like your graphic skills, your vision and your intent. I'll help.
I agree, thank you Blo!

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:03 PM
  #70
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ork
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
I agree, thank you Blo!
Thanks, but call me 'Blo' again and I'll find out where you live and cram the missing 'u' down your throat

(skip the 'meister, Blou is fine)

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:19 PM
  #71
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Thanks, but call me 'Blo' again and I'll find out where you live and cram the missing 'u' down your throat

(skip the 'meister, Blou is fine)
Ok Master Blou.

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:27 PM
  #72
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post
Three "Feels good man" avy (not sure about the first pane font):






BEAUTIFUL!

I love it. Like BloU said though, we may want to stick with only one face, so its easier for the shoppers.

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:39 PM
  #73
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
BEAUTIFUL!

I love it. Like BloU said though, we may want to stick with only one face, so its easier for the shoppers.
If we want to include the highest goal scorers in Habs history, they would be Maurice Richard, Guy Lafleur and Jean Beliveau.

If we want to include the players with the most Stanley Cup wins, they would be Henri Richard, Jean Beliveau and Yvan Cournoyer.

I like this idea of calling on the ghosts of past Habs champions.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:40 PM
  #74
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,877
vCash: 500
And when I use the term ghosts, I mean figuratively and not literally........with all due respect.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 11:58 PM
  #75
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 50
How about we take the Playoffs patch Bloumeister did and use it as the playoffs slide on the feels good man gifs?

Use the same font for the first pane, clean up the whole thing a little, and voila.

ZARTONK is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.