HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Gionta

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
  #76
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Habs fan all day erryday!
I hate Boston and Toronto since I was born.
lol.since you were born??there are alot of slams i could take at you little buddy ,but i'd get in trouble.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:38 PM
  #77
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I can question whoever I want bud. Move along if you don't like to see people complaining about our so great captain.
and i can slam trolls whenever i want too.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:40 PM
  #78
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
and i can slam trolls whenever i want too.
I can put *******s on my ignore list whenever I want too. You bring nothing to the thread except complaining about how I don't like Gionta.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:41 PM
  #79
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
lol.since you were born??there are alot of slams i could take at you little buddy ,but i'd get in trouble.
You just went full ******. Never go full ******.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:43 PM
  #80
groovejuice
Registered User
 
groovejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Indeed. You're right. But what about the regular season? Does he create scoring chances for the team? For his linemates? Not really. Not to mention that he can't score in shootout.

Does he hit? No. I hope Bergevin won't make the same mistake as with Desharnais. At 2-2.5M, I wouldn't be against an extension.
It's impossible to know whether the DD extension is a poor decision. To imply you know in advance how out will run it's course is absurd. Like every player, he has strengths and weaknesses. He is skilled and motivated, but also diminutive and not a great skater. Given the right line mates and the chance to develop chemistry he can be a highly productive second liner.

As for shoot outs, Gretzky was terrible on 1 on 1's. Nuff said.


Last edited by groovejuice: 04-14-2013 at 09:48 PM.
groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:44 PM
  #81
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I can put *******s on my ignore list whenever I want too. You bring nothing to the thread except complaining about how I don't like Gionta.
well actually after i thought about it ,you are right .we would be waaaay better off with a different and more expensive captain like say,,,,iginla?weber?sedin?marleau?look at how many rings those guys have.impressive for sure.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:45 PM
  #82
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
well actually after i thought about it ,you are right .we would be waaaay better off with a different and more expensive captain like say,,,,iginla?weber?sedin?marleau?look at how many rings those guys have.impressive for sure.
Wow! Are you serious? Iginla is no way better than Gionta? Weber too I guess! Sedin, hell no! Marleau...this guy sucks.
Gionta wasn't the captain in jersey, if you didn't know.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:49 PM
  #83
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Wow! Are you serious? Iginla is no way better than Gionta? Weber too I guess! Sedin, hell no! Marleau...this guy sucks.
Gionta wasn't the captain in jersey, if you didn't know.
and gionta has as good a chance to hoist(AGAIN!!!!)as those guys do.little guy.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
  #84
groovejuice
Registered User
 
groovejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Wow! Are you serious? Iginla is no way better than Gionta? Weber too I guess! Sedin, hell no! Marleau...this guy sucks.
Gionta wasn't the captain in jersey, if you didn't know.
So much opinion, so little substance. I hope you can do better.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
  #85
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Wow! Are you serious? Iginla is no way better than Gionta? Weber too I guess! Sedin, hell no! Marleau...this guy sucks.
Gionta wasn't the captain in jersey, if you didn't know.
If you were a Habs fan since birth and a child prodigy born in 2011, then I have to say that your bashing of Gionta is due to you not remembering how he has been amongst our top scorers and clutch scorers since he got here.

He's having a bad season! THAT is the issue.

I don't think most people bashing him now are referring to him overall, but rather his massive dropoff from leading us in scoring to being more of a savvy vet and responsible defensively. He used to be a go to guy for scoring and now is nowhere near that. That's the issue and it's not something that can't be solved.

Also, he used to be great on the PP. Now he's useless.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:53 PM
  #86
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
If you were a Habs fan since birth and a child prodigy born in 2011, then I have to say that your bashing of Gionta is due to you not remembering how he has been amongst our top scorers and clutch scorers since he got here.

He's having a bad season! THAT is the issue.

I don't think most people bashing him now are referring to him overall, but rather his massive dropoff from leading us in scoring to being more of a savvy vet and responsible defensively. He used to be a go to guy for scoring and now is nowhere near that. That's the issue and it's not something that can't be solved.
but thats the point right there.he doent need to be our go to guy offensively .that is a good thing.we have depth now.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:54 PM
  #87
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
but thats the point right there.he doent need to be our go to guy offensively .that is a good thing.we have depth now.
I totally agree. I'm on board with simply putting Eller on the PP. That's all I ask. (Well, ok, maybe Gio potting a couple more goals 5 on 5...he used to be great in the crease, some really memorable goals)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:54 PM
  #88
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
It's impossible to know whether the DD extension is a poor decision. To imply you know in advance how out will run it's course is absurd. Like every player, he has strengths and weaknesses. He is skilled and motivated, but also diminutive and not a great skater. Given the right line mates and the chance to develop chemistry he can be a highly productive second liner.




R
I don't wanna start another DD extension debate but just to finish it: I've nothing against the money he got. It's the four-year extension. I don't wanna see Gionta to sign a four-year extension after next year. Like you said, he is skilled and motivated. If we can get that type of player but at 6'2 and 200lbs and this guy could be highly productive too, what do you do?

I know the guy got a big heart and he never surrenders. I would just prefer someone who's bigger than him.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:55 PM
  #89
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
how anyone thinks gionta should be leading the team in scoring is beyond me.and if you re expecting a physical game ?come on.he's there to bring secondary scoring,leadership and most,speed.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:57 PM
  #90
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I don't wanna start another DD extension debate but just to finish it: I've nothing against the money he got. It's the four-year extension. I don't wanna see Gionta to sign a four-year extension. Like you said, he is skilled and motivated. If we can get that type of player but at 6'2 and 200lbs and this guy could be highly productive too, what do you do?

I know the guy got a big heart and he never surrenders. I would just prefer someone who's bigger than him.
are you crazy???gionta sign a 4 year extension????bahahahahahha.wow.you win .i'm out.

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:57 PM
  #91
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
and gionta has as good a chance to hoist(AGAIN!!!!)as those guys do.little guy.
I hope.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:59 PM
  #92
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
are you crazy???gionta sign a 4 year extension????bahahahahahha.wow.you win .i'm out.
Dude, I said I don't want him to sign that kind of contract. Not that I W A N T.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:03 PM
  #93
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
If you were a Habs fan since birth and a child prodigy born in 2011, then I have to say that your bashing of Gionta is due to you not remembering how he has been amongst our top scorers and clutch scorers since he got here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post

He's having a bad season! THAT is the issue.

I don't think most people bashing him now are referring to him overall, but rather his massive dropoff from leading us in scoring to being more of a savvy vet and responsible defensively. He used to be a go to guy for scoring and now is nowhere near that. That's the issue and it's not something that can't be solved.

Also, he used to be great on the PP. Now he's useless.
He was a top scorer and clutch scorer with Scott Gomez...

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:05 PM
  #94
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,631
vCash: 500
09-10

21 R BRIAN GIONTA 61 28 18 46 (note # games played)
13 L MIKE CAMMALLERI 65 26 24 50
14 C TOMAS PLEKANEC 82 25 45 70

10-11

21 R BRIAN GIONTA 82 29 17 46
14 C TOMAS PLEKANEC 77 22 35 57
46 L ANDREI KOSTITSYN 81 20 25 45
(Cammy was next)


Since then, he's dropped of a lot in goals, but last year he was mostly injured and we all know the team sucked. (not that bad actually, 31 GP, 8G, 7A)

He is a lot better than people think in terms of scoring, but like with many things, not seeing it for a year makes us forget. He CAN get back to where he was.

BTW, is this an error (last season):

81 C LARS ELLER 79 16 12 28 ??

I remember him having a breakout season, and he's one of my favourite players (I think he has the most raw talent next to Chucky), but 16 goals??? That's tied for 4th on the team. Huh...

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:07 PM
  #95
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
09-10

21 R BRIAN GIONTA 61 28 18 46 (note # games played)
13 L MIKE CAMMALLERI 65 26 24 50
14 C TOMAS PLEKANEC 82 25 45 70

10-11

21 R BRIAN GIONTA 82 29 17 46
14 C TOMAS PLEKANEC 77 22 35 57
46 L ANDREI KOSTITSYN 81 20 25 45
(Cammy was next)


Since then, he's dropped of a lot in goals, but last year he was mostly injured and we all know the team sucked.

He is a lot better than people think in terms of scoring, but like with many things, not seeing it for a year makes us forget. He CAN get back to where he was.


BTW, is this an error (last season):

81 C LARS ELLER 79 16 12 28 ??

I remember him having a breakout season, and he's one of my favourite players (I think he has the most raw talent next to Chucky), but 16 goals??? That's tied for 4th on the team. Huh...
There was the 4 goals game. So, 78 games to put 12 others...
Gionta needs to play this this:


Last edited by Price My Man Crush: 04-14-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
  #96
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 9,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
[B]

He was a top scorer and clutch scorer with Scott Gomez...
No, he had success with Plekanec as well. That and he was deadly by himself. Many of his goals came from perseverance around the net or just sniping it or even garbage goaling it, NOT with perfect passes from Gomez.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:14 PM
  #97
Tyson
Registered User
 
Tyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 9,166
vCash: 500
Mixed feeling on Gionta. He has speed and heart. Proven performer but I don't think he is very effective anymore. His contract can't end fast enough for me.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:25 PM
  #98
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,431
vCash: 500
I don't hate him but it rages me to see him doing always the same thing, which is targeting Youppi every time he crosses the blue line. It's ridiculous of the number of shots that misses the net.. and results to possession loss. 0 creativity.

I have puck, I cross blue-line and I shoot.................... wide.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:38 PM
  #99
Habsterix*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
there is nothing wrong with Gio , except one thing

HE MAKES 5 FRICKEN MILLION DOLLARS

he is a third liner making near front line money , and like I said from day one , a stupid signing , nice player , good guy but grossly overpaid

I dont care if he was a UFA , or if a bidding war came up or if this is the market price in free agency , when you pay this kind of money to 40-50 point players you will get burned at some point , luckily he has one year left
Do yourself a favour and do some research by answering the following questions:

1. How many 3rd liners score 25-30 goals per season?

2. How much money to other 25-30 goals scorers make in today's NHL?

Then come back and re-post what you just wrote.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:53 PM
  #100
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Do yourself a favour and do some research by answering the following questions:

1. How many 3rd liners score 25-30 goals per season?

2. How much money to other 25-30 goals scorers make in today's NHL?

Then come back and re-post what you just wrote.
habsterix, we just finally agreed on something. its a special year

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.