HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filip Forsberg

View Poll Results: Where should he be sent
NHL 61 57.55%
AHL Milwaukee(Gain experience in Calder Cup playoffs) 45 42.45%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Predsboro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
I had high expectations, and they were met... he has great vision, and doesn't make the same stupid passes that 17 of his teammates constantly make. Problem is, he has no one to pass to...

Made one amazing move, and got one nice shot. Was a -2, and neither was directly his fault.

Not sure why he's playing right now, but can't help but smile towards the future.
I was impressed ... kid has game. FF9 certainly did not look out of place; only once did I notice he seemed confused getting back on defense and Datsyuk kind of blew past him.

Great backhand to forehand move to get a shot off in traffic. One of the (minus) plays on Forsberg was the empty netter so that one really shouldn't matter.

Looking forward to seeing him again Monday night ... All in all, a very good first start in the NHL.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:53 PM
SilasAdams

Didnt seem like a bad skater to me

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Soundgarden

Youngest player to play for the Predators. It sounds like he had a pretty good first game, all things considered.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:28 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Youngest player to play for the Predators. It sounds like he had a pretty good first game, all things considered.
im pretty sure that they said 3rd youngest ever.

Hartnell played in the fall right after he was drafted. Upshall also played a few games at the start of the season following his draft.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
im pretty sure that they said 3rd youngest ever.

Hartnell played in the fall right after he was drafted. Upshall also played a few games at the start of the season following his draft.
You're right. Hartnell and Legwand were younger. His wiki said otherwise though.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:38 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingintheNorth View Post
Didnt seem like a bad skater to me
not at all.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:04 AM
HD89

Here's a little vid put together by a Washington-fan, a tribute to Forsberg. Some of what you have to look forward to in Nashville;

HD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:55 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
I was impressed ... kid has game. FF9 certainly did not look out of place; only once did I notice he seemed confused getting back on defense and Datsyuk kind of blew past him.

Great backhand to forehand move to get a shot off in traffic. One of the (minus) plays on Forsberg was the empty netter so that one really shouldn't matter.

Looking forward to seeing him again Monday night ... All in all, a very good first start in the NHL.
Yeah, that happened a couple of times. He looked a bit passive in the defensive zone, things happen a lot quicker in the NHL so thats going to be an adjustment for him.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:36 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Looked good and creative in the offensive zone. In the defensive zone he looked more like "alright... what am I supposed to do here?" pretty expected though and something Trotz will fix during the summer.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:41 AM
MyXoMoPBL

Poor performance in the defense is to be expected, after all he didn't even play in the highest league in Sweden and got moved to the highest league in the world.

MyXoMoPBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:56 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post

that has happened to plenty of much more experienced players than him

Old
04-15-2013, 08:03 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

LOL, "his skating was as bad as advertised." Leave it to Stranger to try to piss all over a good performance. His skating and mobility were actually better than I expected.

He looked lost defensively, he looked lost in transition\breakout, but that's to be expected. He had taken the morning skate with the team...that's it. Those aspects of the game are system, and you don't learn a system until you've been with the team a while. What I was looking for were "instinct" and "skill" based plays...things he could simply rely on his ability for, and he delivered. He had about 4 great scoring chances, and showed me more than I could have expected in a rushed debut after an international flight.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:25 AM
CraigsGotHandles

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
LOL, "his skating was as bad as advertised." Leave it to Stranger to try to piss all over a good performance. His skating and mobility were actually better than I expected.

He looked lost defensively, he looked lost in transition\breakout, but that's to be expected. He had taken the morning skate with the team...that's it. Those aspects of the game are system, and you don't learn a system until you've been with the team a while. What I was looking for were "instinct" and "skill" based plays...things he could simply rely on his ability for, and he delivered. He had about 4 great scoring chances, and showed me more than I could have expected in a rushed debut after an international flight.
Agreed. He was definitely a bit lost, you could see that just from looking at his face, but give an 18 year old a break. His hands, vision, and passing all looked slick. After watching this team all season its obvious we could use another line or two of players with those qualities. With a good draft pick and a little faith in our young forward group I think this team has a shot at contending in 2, maybe sooner if Poile can pull some offseason magic.

CraigsGotHandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
One was definitely on Mueller, can't wait until he's back in the AHL permanently ... who the funk just gives the puck directly to the opposition behind the face off dot ... effing horrible
I thought, absent that turnover, that Mueller was more or less fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post

Well put. I think Trotz is going to love this kid.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:47 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Mueller's issue is he doesn't have NHL talent.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:10 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Mueller's issue is he doesn't have NHL talent.
I agree on Mueller. On the topic of Forsberg, I just watched the game and thought he looked real good in the offensive zone but needs to work on his defense over the off-season.

On another note, Taylor Beck looks like a tremendous talent and I think he will be a really solid power forward in this league.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:12 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD89 View Post
Here's a little vid put together by a Washington-fan, a tribute to Forsberg. Some of what you have to look forward to in Nashville;

fixed.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:32 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
I agree on Mueller. On the topic of Forsberg, I just watched the game and thought he looked real good in the offensive zone but needs to work on his defense over the off-season.

On another note, Taylor Beck looks like a tremendous talent and I think he will be a really solid power forward in this league.
Agreed. It's looking like the future is here in Nashville (Wilson, FF, Bourque, Beck, Josi, Ellis, #3-#5 this draft, Watson (?), etc...)

So long SK.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:39 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Its going to be very interesting to see what poile can do this summer. some decent assets that are nonetheless no longer of use to use, plus a high draft pick.

hoping for magic..

Old
04-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Relative performance to other NHL players in this one game snapshot: average to good offensively, below average defensively.

Relative to his unique circumstances of his first NHL action, travel, etc.: Good to very good offensively, below average defensively.

Relative to his AHL level (or less) teammates last night:

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:04 AM
weeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
One was definitely on Mueller, can't wait until he's back in the AHL permanently ... who the funk just gives the puck directly to the opposition behind the face off dot ... effing horrible
Hey, that is no different than a Leggy giveaway and SK74 for that matter. He may not meet top 9 but I do like his motor and aggressiveness.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:07 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Darren Haydar had more NHL potential than Mueller

Old
04-15-2013, 11:09 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Mueller talk in a Forsberg thread?

04-15-2013, 11:11 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Just the flow of conversation.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

True enough, but I'm sure there are people who don't want to read through a conversation that is better suited for the GDT or another thread. Let's get it back on topic shall we?

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote