HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Jump in the Fire" Wings @ Preds - 6:30 PM

Old
04-14-2013, 09:10 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
i see another loss tomorrow night... if we can manage to lose to calgary, i think we have a LEGIT shot at the #3 pick... hello drouin
same. drouin or mackinnon please

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

I don't even know anymore.....just a really forgettable season

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:28 PM
truefan8993

While the outcome was unfortunate, Forsberg looks to have a bright future. He showed great hands and offensive awareness, with that being said his defense needs work as he seems to "float" to much, which I am sure Trotz will fix.

truefan8993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by truefan8993 View Post
While the outcome was unfortunate, Forsberg looks to have a bright future. He showed great hands and offensive awareness, with that being said his defense needs work as he and his seventeen skating teammates seems to "float" to much, which I am sure Trotz doesn't seem willing to fix.
corrected

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Missed this one. I didn't miss a goal though, apparently.

It amazes me how offensively terrible we are. I think Fopa had better teammates in his Swedish league.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:42 PM
NoNecksCurse

vancouver, at chicago, calgary, at detroit, at columbus.... the most wins i see is 2.. i think we win 1 against calgary and that's it... if we lose out we have a shot at the #1 overall, a LEGIT shot.. poile should be in trotz' ear to lose.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:04 PM
hockey diva

Loving Beck! He isn't afraid to drive the net. Forsberg played a fairly quiet 18 min. Did some good things and didn't look as lost as I thought he might. Bartley and Klein had bad games. I think Blum has played himself out of place here. I hope we can get something for him. Watson just looks lost. Butler losing the puck on the penalty shot is just par for course for us this season. Just hate losing to the wings. Glad that we only have to put up with their fans for one game next season.

I will say that the wings did not look very dominating. I think another first round exit is quite possible for them.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:12 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post

It amazes me how offensively terrible we are. I think Fopa had better teammates in his Swedish league.
I was wondering if he was thinking "Man, these dudes really suck".

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:15 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
kostitsyn has to go. i hope smith actually produces next season as well.
Smith is Rich Peverley 2.0. He won't do anything here, we'll get rid of him and he'll do well someplace else.

At least losing tonight hurt Minnesota's playoff chances a little bit. All I want is them to miss at this point.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Until management/ownership ups the talent around this kid this summer, it's going to be more of the same next season ... disgusting what Mueller (perma-AHLer)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:26 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Shouldn't it be expected considering the circumstances?

It would be more amazing to me if we actually scored any goals. Excluding expansion teams, I can't imagine there have been very many NHL teams in history with a worse group of forwards than we are throwing out there right now......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:28 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Smith is Rich Peverley 2.0. He won't do anything here, we'll get rid of him and he'll do well someplace else.

At least losing tonight hurt Minnesota's playoff chances a little bit. All I want is them to miss at this point.
Yep, if it came down to either Minnesota or Detroit missing, I'd rather it be Minnesota.....

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Byrddog

Gawd that was painful...
We do not have a forward on the team that will be able to hang with FF. First game not bad. Beck was solid It could have been 5 or 6 to 0 if Pekka hand on stood on his head much of the game. Watson was absolutly missing in action Mueller eeegads and Butler may just be waived. Just no way to build these kids onto the roster next year besides Beck and FF. Of couse they will. Scads of Win fans in the barn too. Old memorys of playing them here and not having a chance. On loud mouth came close to exceding my medication......

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Loving Beck! He isn't afraid to drive the net. Forsberg played a fairly quiet 18 min. Did some good things and didn't look as lost as I thought he might. Bartley and Klein had bad games. I think Blum has played himself out of place here. I hope we can get something for him. Watson just looks lost. Butler losing the puck on the penalty shot is just par for course for us this season. Just hate losing to the wings. Glad that we only have to put up with their fans for one game next season.

I will say that the wings did not look very dominating. I think another first round exit is quite possible for them.
Some pretty fair points here HD. About the main negatives I saw from Forsberg, and many of the other young players for that matter, were things like trying to chip a puck softly by a guy instead of deep in the Wings zone, and similar type stuff in our defensive zone. I think a lot of that can be smoothed out with training camp and adjustment to the NHL game. Beck continues to impress game after game. That is one kid that absolutely wants to be in Nashville to start next season.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:

well, if he's here next season he'll have Wilson, Bourque, Fisher, and Hornqvist instead of the bunch of turds on skates we have been forced to ice lately

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post

For an 18-year old kid who just flew across the pond to play his first NHL game with unknown (and pretty pedestrian) teammates, I thought he looked pretty damn good. I look forward to seeing him get better and better here.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:11 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
well, if he's here next season he'll have Wilson, Bourque, Fisher, and Hornqvist instead of the bunch of turds on skates we have been forced to ice lately
I don't know what you are talking about. Every kid called up from MIL should be able to play at the same level as the guys they are replacing. And if anyone is wondering, I am being sarcastic.

I know less about hockey than most on this board. But anyone who thinks we should be winning, or even competitive, with the number of AHLers on the roster is living in a fantasy world.

Watch the kids and be pleased with effort and individual growth. Be happy that the Preds will get a great draft pick. But for the love of God, stop *****ing about not being able to score.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:41 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Beck and Forsberg give me hope for the future.

Forsberg flew all night, played with new teammates, on a different sized iced surface and looked pretty good.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:59 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

oh and SK was as bad as he's been all year. No urgency to his game.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:38 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Thought Forsberg looked good especially considering it's his first NHL game.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:00 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
oh and SK was as bad as he's been all year. No urgency to his game.
I think SK is a lazy bum too, but at this point of the season Im less inclined to blame him. Im sure he's trying to think of some tweak or minor injury he can use to get out of the lineup like the rest of the vets...

gonna be interesting to see if Poile tries to trade him this summer or if, knowing it will be a contract season, we bring him back and give him another shot

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:23 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think SK is a lazy bum too, but at this point of the season Im less inclined to blame him. Im sure he's trying to think of some tweak or minor injury he can use to get out of the lineup like the rest of the vets...

gonna be interesting to see if Poile tries to trade him this summer or if, knowing it will be a contract season, we bring him back and give him another shot
SK has no business on this team next year. If i was Trotz he wouldn't be playing now.

I understand the doom and gloom because we haven't been this bad in awhile.
Looking at things in perspective this could be the best thing that could have happened to the Predators..
I think this will force the hand on getting rid of some dead weight.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
For an 18-year old kid who just flew across the pond to play his first NHL game with unknown (and pretty pedestrian) teammates, I thought he looked pretty damn good. I look forward to seeing him get better and better here.
This. Was rather impressive to me, actually, considering the circumstances.

And clearly I have not been watching enough Preds games because Beck looked show-stoppingly awesome and I want more of that. Loving him for the same reasons we love Calvert up here.

Still wish Detroit had been taken down, but oh well. There's other opportunities for them to lose.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Beck has been one of our better looking offensive players since he's was called up.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Webersmashpuck

As much potential Beck and Forsberg have shown, I thought Bang played a pretty solid game and was our 3rd best forward. The Kostitsyn - Spaling line looked much better when he was in place of Smith.

I also know this season is breeding negativity but I thought we looked good enough to win. Zetterbergs goal was a lucky bounce that we havent gotten this year. Howard made some great saves, Josi and Halischuk come to mind plus a few others.

Craig Smith has awesome hands, speed and can actually control the puck some. Why is he not producing? Everything seems to be there and the past 10 games or so he has be playing much better but the numbers are not coming.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote