HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 04:57 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's not what you said. You said Eller disappears when he gets pushed around, as if he backs away and gets intimidated.
He kept going at it with McQuaid versus the Bruins. Yesterday was no different, after getting drilled blindside by Kadri, he got up and looked for him.

His line didn't produce, like most players on our team. However, they have a few good instances where they absolutely dominated and controlled the play in the offensive zone.
Do you know what the difference between the game with McQuaid and the game with Kadri was?

Prust was on the ice with Eller against the Bruins in that game. Prust was not on the ice with Eller against the Leafs.

Which leads me back to what I posted earlier. Prust on the 4th line is a waste. He is not helping Halpern's or Moen's game whatsoever.

Prust does help Eller's game out significantly. Same for Chuckie. Chuckie was a completely different player last night than what he was against Boston and Washington. Eller also.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:10 PM
DAChampion

Who do you put on the 4th so that Prust can play on the third?

Old
04-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Take Desharnais out of the lineup.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Do you know what the difference between the game with McQuaid and the game with Kadri was?

Prust was on the ice with Eller against the Bruins in that game. Prust was not on the ice with Eller against the Leafs.

Which leads me back to what I posted earlier. Prust on the 4th line is a waste. He is not helping Halpern's or Moen's game whatsoever.

Prust does help Eller's game out significantly. Same for Chuckie. Chuckie was a completely different player last night than what he was against Boston and Washington. Eller also.
Prust is great, but I think we have to try other players before. Ryder is just a bad match, he should stay with Plekanec. Adding Bourque next to Eller would be something I'd like to try.

But there was no difference anyways, Eller went after Kadri and shared words. He was also trying to lay him out at every opportunity.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Not going to happen.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:43 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Simple.

Bourque.

If you move up Bourque to the top line, you screw up the chemistry of the 1st line, the 3rd line.

If you move Bourque down to the 4th, you only screw up Bourque.

I would rather have the chemistry on this team when Bourque was out than to have Bourque pot a goal or two while Eller, Chuckie and Ryder do very little to contribute.

Chemistry. As important as talent.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Quote:
Simple.

Bourque.

If you move up Bourque to the top line, you screw up the chemistry of the 1st line, the 3rd line.

If you move Bourque down to the 4th, you only screw up Bourque.

I would rather have the chemistry on this team when Bourque was out than to have Bourque pot a goal or two while Eller, Chuckie and Ryder do very little to contribute.

Chemistry. As important as talent.
Bourque is our best forward on most nights. You want him on the 4th?

Ryder-Plek-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Gio
Patches-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Halpern-White

Problem solved?

Old
04-14-2013, 05:52 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Ryder-Plek-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Gio
Patches-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Halpern-White

Problem solved?
Chemistry.

Its a little late in the season to be experimenting with line combos to see if player X does well with player Y.

We know that Eller and Chuckie do well with Prust.
We know that the Pleks line with Gio and Ryder scores most of our goals.

Get on the 4th Bourque and work some magic with Moen and Halpern. Leave our success alone.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:58 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:

Small sample size, Eller might have been having an off night. I doubt it's because Prust wasn't on his wing. Galchenyuk was also our best forward last night.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Chemistry.

Its a little late in the season to be experimenting with line combos to see if player X does well with player Y.

We know that Eller and Chuckie do well with Prust.
We know that the Pleks line with Gio and Ryder scores most of our goals.

Get on the 4th Bourque and work some magic with Moen and Halpern. Leave our success alone.
Bourque/Plek was our best duo night in and out, Ryder/Plek has been dangerous, Eller/Prust has worked good, Gally2 worked good, Patches/Gally works good too. Chemistry.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:47 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:

Ryder-Plek-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Gio
Patches-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Halpern-White

Problem solved?
u summed it up very well

Old
04-14-2013, 08:30 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Ryder-Plek-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Gio
Patches-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Halpern-White

Problem solved?
Or

Ryder-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust
Moen-Halpern-Gionta

That's a sick 4th line. They'd never get scored on.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:47 PM
habtastic

I don't get the sentiment that Eller is only tough when Prust is around. Eller has become one tough SOB this season, doesn't take **** from anyone. As for getting abused, I think you mean fighting for the puck more than anyone (along with his sidekick Chucky) rather than just letting the leafs have the puck.

I just don't understand how he didn't care that Kadri hit him. I guess he's usually physical when he's getting in the dirty areas and against the boards and challenging one on one. That and Kadri was put out against Gallagher cuz Carlyle knew that Eller would get his revenge. That and he really did look like he was more concerned with getting the team back in it. At least there's one confirmed game left against them. Possibly 8.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:19 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:

Ryder-Plek-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Gio
Patches-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Halpern-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post

Ryder-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust
Moen-Halpern-Gionta
I would prefer Mrb1p's option but there is no way that would fly with management at the moment. I like Capitaine Gionta's option because it is realistic and it would slot Desharnais in between two big wingers.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:

Ryder-Plek-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Gio
Patches-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Halpern-White

Problem solved?
Desharnais is our 4th highest scoring forward. Despite the slump that's not something you can overlook that easily.

That being said, it really is tough to know who belongs on 4th.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Desharnais is our 4th highest scoring forward. Despite the slump that's not something you can overlook that easily.

That being said, it really is tough to know who belongs on 4th.
Not trying to bash DD but I don't think it's that hard to be 4th highest scoring of a team when you get all the opportunity to produce which is lot of icetime, quality wingers, PP and most of the time, easier match up.

Give Eller or Galchenyuk the same amount of icetime, PP etc etc.. they will easily match DD's production this season. So saying DD is 4th highest scoring forward doesn't mean much. He his 4th because the coach give him every opportunity to produce not because he's that good.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Ginu

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Eller-Galchenyuk
Bourque-Desharnais-Gallagher
Moen-White-Prust

Old
04-14-2013, 11:03 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I don't get the sentiment that Eller is only tough when Prust is around. Eller has become one tough SOB this season, doesn't take **** from anyone. As for getting abused, I think you mean fighting for the puck more than anyone (along with his sidekick Chucky) rather than just letting the leafs have the puck.

I just don't understand how he didn't care that Kadri hit him. I guess he's usually physical when he's getting in the dirty areas and against the boards and challenging one on one. That and Kadri was put out against Gallagher cuz Carlyle knew that Eller would get his revenge. That and he really did look like he was more concerned with getting the team back in it. At least there's one confirmed game left against them. Possibly 8.
You are confusing what I posted.

Eller is more effective with Prust on his wing. Not tougher, more effective.

Same for Galchenyuk

Old
04-14-2013, 11:12 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Eller is one of favourite Habs but he stopped playing like a man, which is the reason for his development this year. The weight he put on and the experience he's gained had him playing with lots of courage and fire and it was resulting in great performances.

While I'm still confident in him, the Leafs game was the complete opposite IMO. I don't care if he got hit by Kadri (clean hit, but kinda cheap, doesn't matter). It was more than he kept falling along the boards and only had a few flashes of interceptions, rushes and puck control. His intensity waned that game but I suppose we can't expect him to be at the top of his game every night.

I just hope this light's a fresh fire under him. He's a big guy and hasn't been pushed around much if at all this season. He just needs to continue developing his power game and his battle along the boards and defensively. He needs to stay confident.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:21 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
You are confusing what I posted.

Eller is more effective with Prust on his wing. Not tougher, more effective.

Same for Galchenyuk
Never quite understood why Michel broke up the top line when it was doing so well and put Ryder with Eller and galchenyuk. Maybe it'll come with more time, but the chemistry doesn't look to be there.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:26 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Never quite understood why Michel broke up the top line when it was doing so well and put Ryder with Eller and galchenyuk. Maybe it'll come with more time, but the chemistry doesn't look to be there.
Agree. This would be a good experiment after the first week of the season just to give different guys a try.

The last week(s) of the season is not a good time to mess with your top scoring line.

And damn, I was happy as hell seeing Eller, Chuckie and Prust jelling and becoming one of our best overall lines on offense as well as defense.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Not trying to bash DD but I don't think it's that hard to be 4th highest scoring of a team when you get all the opportunity to produce which is lot of icetime, quality wingers, PP and most of the time, easier match up.

Give Eller or Galchenyuk the same amount of icetime, PP etc etc.. they will easily match DD's production this season. So saying DD is 4th highest scoring forward doesn't mean much. He his 4th because the coach give him every opportunity to produce not because he's that good.
So if we gave ELler or Galchenyuk Cole for first bit of the season they'd produce? Cole wasn't best winger and he was on that line for a little bit.

In addition, Gallagher played with Galchenyuk to start.

I do agree with you to an extent though. DD has been given PP time when he shouldn't be getting any. It hasn't affected his stats though and he hasn't made any points on it. ESP he seems to be producing at a decent rate and the two you mentioned aren't tearing it up ahead of him in those minutes.

I doubt we'd see galchenyuk produce that much more. Our forwards on the PP don't produce that much apart from Plekanec. Ryder had points from different team.

FWIW, I agree there should be change in regards to DD but I don't see a long term plan of him out of the line-up as ideal. I see waking him up as our best option. If we got to bench him to do that it's cool.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:47 PM
pine

Quote:
So if we gave ELler or Galchenyuk Cole for first bit of the season they'd produce? Cole wasn't best winger and he was on that line for a little bit.

In addition, Gallagher played with Galchenyuk to start.

I do agree with you to an extent though. DD has been given PP time when he shouldn't be getting any. It hasn't affected his stats though and he hasn't made any points on it. ESP he seems to be producing at a decent rate and the two you mentioned aren't tearing it up ahead of him in those minutes.

I doubt we'd see galchenyuk produce that much more. Our forwards on the PP don't produce that much apart from Plekanec. Ryder had points from different team.

FWIW, I agree there should be change in regards to DD but I don't see a long term plan of him out of the line-up as ideal. I see waking him up as our best option. If we got to bench him to do that it's cool.
Ryder actually has 10 powerplay points in 21 games with us... compared to 6 in 19 with Dallas.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Ryder actually has 10 powerplay points in 21 games with us... compared to 6 in 19 with Dallas.
Thanks

So he and Plekanec seem be the ones producing. I forget now but which plays without subban/markov? max line or plekanec line? Granted, Subban and Markov often play both units.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:50 PM
pine

Quote:
Thanks

So he and Plekanec seem be the ones producing. I forget now but which plays without subban/markov? max line or plekanec line? Granted, Subban and Markov often play both units.
Depends on who was out last on the ice. Markov/Subban will always be there on the 1st unit though.

Closed Thread