HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5/9) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 05:21 PM
JimboA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Lindberg's team up 2-0 in the finals.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/video/2300843586001/

Arvidsson, he's unreal. No chance at getting him now.
Lindberg was 0+1 btw. And yes, Arvidsson is very good, I like him

Old
04-14-2013, 06:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Lindberg's team up 2-0 in the finals.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/video/2300843586001/

Arvidsson, he's unreal. No chance at getting him now.
Totally with you on Arvidsson, BN.

I'm obviously only going off of highlights, but if they're representative of his overall play, that's a kid who should not only be gone by the 3rd round, but before the second as well. The pass where he gets crunched by 2 different guys and yet still sets up his linemate alone in front with a pass right on his stick shows so many different positive offensive qualities at once, it's startling. Damn near Lindberg-esque. (He actually reminds me a bit more of Fast.) If he slips to the 2nd or even the latter half of the first, I would totally be in favor of trading up to get him.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:20 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Let's trade Oscar Lindberg for picks in the 2013 draft.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Totally with you on Arvidsson, BN.

I'm obviously only going off of highlights, but if they're representative of his overall play, that's a kid who should not only be gone by the 3rd round, but before the second as well. The pass where he gets crunched by 2 different guys and yet still sets up his linemate alone in front with a pass right on his stick shows so many different positive offensive qualities at once, it's startling. Damn near Lindberg-esque. (He actually reminds me a bit more of Fast.) If he slips to the 2nd or even the latter half of the first, I would totally be in favor of trading up to get him.
Skelleftea has a ton of guys I'd like in the system.

Moller - Former top prospect and he impressed me so much in the SAIK games I watched. Still only 24 I believe. Why not throw a 5th rounder the Kings way? He was controlling the pace of the game

Holloway - Demolished the league and I believe he was a few points shy of breaking Hakan Loob's SEL regular season point total. He's performed on NA ice before, but he never got a shot with the Kings. He could be nice for AHL depth or fill the role as the Newbury or John Mitchell on the 4th line.

Joacim Eriksson - 2008 Flyers 7th rounder and a top goalie prospect. I'm dumbfounded as to why the Flyers gave up on him. I believe he is a free agent and his statline with 1.67 GAA and .931 sv. percentage at the age of 22. He is a butterfly goalie and very athletic, similar to the King himself. In reference, Hank at the age of 22 posted a 1.79 GAA and .935 save percentage. He could be the next heir to Lundqvist and no pick required. Niklas Svedberg is a guy who's had great success in the AHL this season for Providence Bruins, Eddie Lack was the guy last year who was the best goalie in the AHL.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
No thank you.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I'd also like to take a flyer on Jaoccim Eriksson.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
Let's trade Henrik Lundqvist for picks in the 2013 draft. Makes as much sense.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:19 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I'm just echoing the general sentiment in this forum obsessed with picks over actual prospects.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:20 PM
iamthewalrus

vCash: 920
Kind of OT, but I just found this gem doing some random google searches

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...p20_prospects/

Old
04-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post

Montoya #2 and Hank #5

Old
04-14-2013, 10:29 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Montoya #2 and Hank #5

Lots of scrubs in that top 20.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:37 AM
topcat986*

In no way do I mean this to be racist but in my best Don Cherry voice "ya those Rangers need to add some good old Canadian boys with a little sandpaper to there game. Ya I know skill europeans have some serious dangle skill to there game but ya need to have some meat eaters who sacrifice for the team and go elbows high at times"

Old
04-15-2013, 06:01 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

Can someone explain why Tyutin is so often spelled "Tjutin"? He's not Yugoslavian. The Russians use cyrillic, a completely different alphabet from English (and Yugoslavian languages), so might as well write his name phonetically, as it's friggin "тютин" anyway, not Tyutin or Tjutin. Yugoslavians (as I assume some other nationalities do as well) pronounce "j" as "y". But they use the latin alphabet. Always annoyed me. Some people really thought they were knowledgeable about foreign cultures, but know jack ****.

P.S. Before anyone says anything, I'm aware that Yugoslavia no longer exists, I'm just including all of the countries with one word.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:02 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Montoya #2 and Hank #5

You think that's funny? Look at 3 and 4.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Can someone explain why Tyutin is so often spelled "Tjutin"? He's not Yugoslavian. The Russians use cyrillic, a completely different alphabet from English (and Yugoslavian languages), so might as well write his name phonetically, as it's friggin "тютин" anyway, not Tyutin or Tjutin.
You answered your own question. It's all transliteration anyway, so there's no right or wrong way to transliterate it to English. There are general standards of transliteration, but it's the same with any Russian name. Evgeny, Yevgeni...etc.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:36 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
You answered your own question. It's all transliteration anyway, so there's no right or wrong way to transliterate it to English. There are general standards of transliteration, but it's the same with any Russian name. Evgeny, Yevgeni...etc.
But there's no reason to write it as Tjutin when you can write it phonetically. I guess technically Tjutin is not incorrect but it's unnecessary and smells of someone confusing Russian with Yugoslavian (or other) languages. The only way that's not stupid is if Tyutin himself wanted it spelled Tjutin, or had it in his documents as such. Considering that his name is spelled "Tyutin" on his jersey, I doubt Tyutin wanted it spelled Tjutin.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:58 AM
jniklast

Quote:
But there's no reason to write it as Tjutin when you can write it phonetically. I guess technically Tjutin is not incorrect but it's unnecessary and smells of someone confusing Russian with Yugoslavian (or other) languages. The only way that's not stupid is if Tyutin himself wanted it spelled Tjutin, or had it in his documents as such. Considering that his name is spelled "Tyutin" on his jersey, I doubt Tyutin wanted it spelled Tjutin.
Letters are pronounced differently in different languages. Hell, even in Englisch, letters can have completely different pronounciations for no good reason. Obviously in English that transliteration makes little sense, in German though, the 'j' is exactly the right letter for that pronounciation and I'd imagine it's that way for most of the other Germanic languages except English obviously. Why it was done this way in an English article, I have no idea. But there ain't no real right or wrong when it comes to transliteration.

Oh and a large part of former Yugoslavia does not use the latin alphabet. Serbia for instance.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Ola

Quote:
Swedish state TV always goes through a ton of work with every Russian name, and they spell it Tjutin (right or wrong, I don't know). The diffrence they make compared to the NHL is that they use seperate standards for a player depending on from where in Russia he is from. A player from Moscow's name is translated diffrently than a player from Siberia. Federov becomes Fjorderov for example.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

I was such a big fan of Jake Taylor as a draft pick. Just never developed.

I remember being the only guy on staff really pushing Petr Prucha after he was drafted. I am always glad he got some games in the NHL. Fun yet ridiculously inconsistent player.

It's hard to believe I was writing for this site 10 years ago. JFC.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I was such a big fan of Jake Taylor as a draft pick. Just never developed.

I remember being the only guy on staff really pushing Petr Prucha after he was drafted. I am always glad he got some games in the NHL. Fun yet ridiculously inconsistent player.

It's hard to believe I was writing for this site 10 years ago. JFC.
My first articles for the site was in 1998.

Yeah, we've seen a world of prospects over that time, but what the hell do we know, right?

Old
04-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Synergy27

Quote:

Wow, I remember being excited about that group.

Garth Murray was definitely a Torts kinda guy. He tuck around for a nice little stretch.

Also, the blow of dealing #27 and his hands was softened a bit by getting this guy in return, or at least the thought of what this guy might become:

Old
04-15-2013, 08:56 AM
NYR Viper

Can someone give me a bit more info on Eriksson? Is he a UFA or do the Flyers still own his rights? He would be a good goalie to pick up.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Can someone give me a bit more info on Eriksson? Is he a UFA or do the Flyers still own his rights? He would be a good goalie to pick up.
He's a FA. Flyers never offered him a contract.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:12 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's a FA. Flyers never offered him a contract.
Would make sense for the Rangers to extend him a contract. I like Marty and I know his teammates do too, but I would be okay with rotating Eriksson and Talbot as the back-up so they can both practice and play some games in NY as the back-up AND play for the Whale to stay sharp.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:19 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

We could certainly use the G depth.

Closed Thread