HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Fantasy Hockey League (Keeper) 2014-15 Season 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
  #251
Basalt13
Registered User
 
Basalt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Only I can win the Art Ross Trophy for most points out of any team and not make the playoffs lol.

Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:34 PM
  #252
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
Only I can win the Art Ross Trophy for most points out of any team and not make the playoffs lol.
How are you not in the playoffs? I'm playing Duke in round 1.

Check your schedule.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
  #253
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
How are you not in the playoffs? I'm playing Duke in round 1.

Check your schedule.
That's the consolation ladder. Only division leaders made the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
Only I can win the Art Ross Trophy for most points out of any team and not make the playoffs lol.
It's not about scoring points, it's about clutch goaltending

I know what you mean though, I thought I was going to miss the playoffs with more points than everyone but you.

Want to see something funny? Check PIM in the standings.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:35 PM
  #254
Basalt13
Registered User
 
Basalt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Ya its just amazing how things turned out, out of the 10 weeks if we faced each other every week I would be up 6-4. I was just unlucky that half the time when you would have won is when we actually played.

Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:47 PM
  #255
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
That's the consolation ladder. Only division leaders made the playoffs.



It's not about scoring points, it's about clutch goaltending

I know what you mean though, I thought I was going to miss the playoffs with more points than everyone but you.

Want to see something funny? Check PIM in the standings.
Interesting. So there's only four spots in the playoffs? That's a little silly. I thought it would be like top two or something.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:31 PM
  #256
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,837
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Interesting. So there's only four spots in the playoffs? That's a little silly. I thought it would be like top two or something.
I mentioned previously.. it's probably because of the uneven number of teams. 4 is the most I could set it to.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
  #257
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I mentioned previously.. it's probably because of the uneven number of teams. 4 is the most I could set it to.
I see. That makes sense. Thanks for replying to my trade btw lol

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
  #258
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,837
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I see. That makes sense. Thanks for replying to my trade btw lol
I just got back from 4 days in Calgary. Didn't have time.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:00 PM
  #259
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I just got back from 4 days in Calgary. Didn't have time.
Yea...well...you hurt my feelings...it's done now.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:07 AM
  #260
Inflict
Viking
 
Inflict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Latest trade is very one sided IMO.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
  #261
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Latest trade is very one sided IMO.
It's just the nature of that kind of trade. Unless the guy with the high-end keeper has really bad #3-#4 keepers (if you ranked them), you've got to overpay to get the upgrade. It's likely only Seguin and Duchene will be keepers for Domi, so it's essentially a #2 and #4 keeper for a #1 keeper.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:14 PM
  #262
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
It's just the nature of that kind of trade. Unless the guy with the high-end keeper has really bad #3-#4 keepers (if you ranked them), you've got to overpay to get the upgrade. It's likely only Seguin and Duchene will be keepers for Domi, so it's essentially a #2 and #4 keeper for a #1 keeper.
That is exactly what it was. The other two aren't keepers, and Im out of playoffs. This way I have three fwd keepers, and two goalie keepers. It improved my team for next year.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 07:19 PM
  #263
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,837
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
So just FYI, I checked and was able to set 5 keepers for my own team. Somehow it's now possible haha.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:30 PM
  #264
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
So just FYI, I checked and was able to set 5 keepers for my own team. Somehow it's now possible haha.
I'm just waiting for my trade to update, so I can update my keepers.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 02:59 AM
  #265
Inflict
Viking
 
Inflict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
It's just the nature of that kind of trade. Unless the guy with the high-end keeper has really bad #3-#4 keepers (if you ranked them), you've got to overpay to get the upgrade. It's likely only Seguin and Duchene will be keepers for Domi, so it's essentially a #2 and #4 keeper for a #1 keeper.
I had time to think it over a bit more and I still have mixed feelings. If this trade were made during the season, I would push hard for a veto but since it is the end of the year, not so much. Still, I fail to make any sense of the trade from either team's perspective.

Hedman/Whitney are unlikely to be keepers, so basically DOMI is upgrading his team for a worse draft position? From RAM's perspective, they give up two keepers and are unlikely to find anyone better then Seguin when the draft rolls around. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to how well Giroux is going to play next year, so I wont second guess his value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
So just FYI, I checked and was able to set 5 keepers for my own team. Somehow it's now possible haha.
I really hope it is only 4, because that is what we agreed upon at the beginning of the season. League settings still says 4 keeper picks, so I am crossing my fingers.


Last edited by Inflict: 04-04-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 03:17 AM
  #266
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
I had time to think it over a bit more and I still have mixed feelings. If this trade were made during the season, I would push hard for a veto but since it is the end of the year, not so much. Still, I fail to make any sense of the trade from either team's perspective.

Hedman/Whitney are unlikely to be keepers, so basically DOMI is upgrading his team for a worse draft position? From RAM's perspective, they give up two keepers and are unlikely to find anyone better then Seguin when the draft rolls around. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to how well Giroux is going to play next year, so I wont second guess his value.



I really hope it is only 4, because that is what we agreed upon at the beginning of the season. League settings still says 4 keeper picks, so I am crossing my fingers.
We had a vote. I did the trade to upgrade my keepers, as Im not in the playoffs this year. My keepers, as of right now, are Toews, Giroux, E. Kane, Lehtonen, an Pavelec. Not bad.

I noticed that Domi had a keeper I wanted(Giroux) so I traded him. I was going to keep my two goalies regardless so that was going to leave one of Duchene, Kane Or Seguin unprotected regardless. I essentially upgraded one of my keepers by trading the excess one away. I tried the same for Sidney Crosby but it was rejected.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:37 AM
  #267
Basalt13
Registered User
 
Basalt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Essentially Inflict it was the same deal I was trying to give you but it was even better for you since you were in the playoffs. I offered a couple guys who were way overpayment for Ovechkin so I could upgrade one of my keepers and it would give you a better chance in the playoffs but you turned it down.

And yes it is 5 keepers, I wish it was more as my team right now has like 7-8 legit keepers.

Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
  #268
Inflict
Viking
 
Inflict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
Essentially Inflict it was the same deal I was trying to give you but it was even better for you since you were in the playoffs. I offered a couple guys who were way overpayment for Ovechkin so I could upgrade one of my keepers and it would give you a better chance in the playoffs but you turned it down.

And yes it is 5 keepers, I wish it was more as my team right now has like 7-8 legit keepers.
Without going into details, your deal wasn't even close to this one. An overpayment? Sure, I will give you that, but not nearly enough for me to consider moving Ovechkin.

And ESPN still says 4 keepers for 2013 on the league settings page, so we cannot say either way if the settings will change. This is where I am basing my judgement on this year's Keeper picks (it better be correct or I will be pissed off): http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leagues...?leagueId=5556

Anyways, I've come to terms with the deal. I wont say any more than that. Good luck to everyone.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:14 AM
  #269
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 947
I don't know what's harder to believe... that Sharp was waived or that he fell so low in the waivers that I got him.

Oddly enough, I was trying to trade for him the morning of the deadline but kept getting an error whenever I tried to send a proposal. I'm not sure if it's possible to check who'll be conditionally dropped due to the trade but I guess that's the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Without going into details, your deal wasn't even close to this one. An overpayment? Sure, I will give you that, but not nearly enough for me to consider moving Ovechkin.

And ESPN still says 4 keepers for 2013 on the league settings page, so we cannot say either way if the settings will change. This is where I am basing my judgement on this year's Keeper picks (it better be correct or I will be pissed off): http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leagues...?leagueId=5556

Anyways, I've come to terms with the deal. I wont say any more than that. Good luck to everyone.
If you go into your keepers, it lets you set 5. I'm assuming the 4 keepers for 2013 is the setting for what we would have carried over to this year if we had the league last year. The setting that matters is the 2014 keepers.


Last edited by vBurmi: 04-06-2013 at 11:23 AM.
vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:36 AM
  #270
Basalt13
Registered User
 
Basalt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
I don't know why you find it hard to believe. Sharp is a good player but personally wouldn't even be in my top 8 keepers, and this season over so no point in picking anyone up who isn't gonna be a keeper.

Also to reaffirm it is 5 players Inflict.

Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:55 AM
  #271
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
I don't know why you find it hard to believe. Sharp is a good player but personally wouldn't even be in my top 8 keepers, and this season over so no point in picking anyone up who isn't gonna be a keeper.

Also to reaffirm it is 5 players Inflict.
Interesting, I guess I have a different view of Sharp. For me he'll probably replace Bergeron as a keeper, especially if his concussion turns out worse.

He's expected back soon though anyway, not sure why another playoff team wouldn't have grabbed him.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
  #272
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,837
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Yeah, he's not in my top 5 and I'm out of the playoffs anyway. Plus he's been injured for ages and taking up a bench spot.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:13 AM
  #273
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 947
It's interesting how low the scoring is for these matchups. Over 1.5 weeks now we're finally getting to scores we saw in 1 week matchups. On top of that, 14 of the top scorers for the 18 teams in these matchups are goalies (and 3 of the 4 teams without goalies as their leading scorer don't really have a good starter anyway).

Also, Inflict is pretty lucky he didn't trade Ovechkin (8 goals in last 5 games)

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:23 AM
  #274
Inflict
Viking
 
Inflict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
It's interesting how low the scoring is for these matchups. Over 1.5 weeks now we're finally getting to scores we saw in 1 week matchups. On top of that, 14 of the top scorers for the 18 teams in these matchups are goalies (and 3 of the 4 teams without goalies as their leading scorer don't really have a good starter anyway).

Also, Inflict is pretty lucky he didn't trade Ovechkin (8 goals in last 5 games)
Frankly, I'm surprised I was able to draft him at 11. I would have drafted Ovi as high as 4th overall if I was in that position. In hindsight though, goaltenders have much more value in this league and I would have probably selected Price or Rask if we were to do it all over.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:32 AM
  #275
Basalt13
Registered User
 
Basalt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
I would have beat all four teams who are in the playoffs this week, I suspect it'll be the same next week. The CHAMP is HERE

Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.