HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
bobber

vCash: 500
Domi was the best player on the ice last night IMO. I think what you saw at the end was not really directed at Domi even though he took a shot in the yap. It was a message to Spott. All year Spott has had this team play a non aggressive style of hockey using the mantra that his specialty team would blast away and kill other teams on the PP. Big mistake. I think Iafrate figured what the hell have I got to lose now with the game far out of reach. Now I said that Kane and Gagne would not come back after their big years in London. I think if Domi gets drafted by a team like the Oilers he's gone. Tough kid, one of the best skaters in junior anywhere and highly skilled.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:32 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Let not forget the reason he took the penalty after the second London goal last night.... same **** again.

When you play Domi's style your going to get stuff like this. Unfortunately he brings that stuff upon himself.
Yeah I know but last season he took a lot of abuse and now he doing things Max's way. Anyone remember if there was history with Al Iafrate and Tie Domi.

Did they cross over ?

The last thing the Oilers need is another high end forward to add to their day care centre.

Max Domi won't go until 18 to 24 range likely.

Zadorov would be of bigger concern if there was any....I don't see any London guys going up early

Old
04-13-2013, 09:39 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Yeah I know but last season he took a lot of abuse and now he doing things Max's way. Anyone remember if there was history with Al Iafrate and Tie Domi.

Did they cross over ?

The last thing the Oilers need is another high end forward to add to their day care centre.

Max Domi won't go until 18 to 24 range likely.

Zadorov would be of bigger concern if there was any....I don't see any London guys going up early
Edmonton doesn't need another tiny forward either. Horvat is a better option there a big centerman.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:53 AM
bobber

Quote:
Edmonton doesn't need another tiny forward either. Horvat is a better option there a big centerman.
I would take all three on the Bruins anytime. Hope they get one of them. I just think after watching Domi this year he has at least what it would take to be a bottom end forward on quite a few of the non play off teams. He can skate with 90% of the NHL players right now I would imagine. He is like a little tank out there. I would say its more than 50% he'll stick with a non play off team next season.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:34 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Have you not watched Domi hack Rangers or Spirit players all game??? Domi IMO is the king of stick work in the OHL.
Have you not noticed the abuse he takes down low and the hacking on the wrists when he's carrying he puck? I don't agree with him returning the favour when the play is over. That's all what people choose to see. You'll see guys like Scheifele in Barrie take a lot of abuse but he doesn't retaliate. Domi should just take it and keep working.

It would be great if Owen Sound wins 1 more game at least. London needs some rest. M Rupert's out indefinitely, other Rupert, Horvat, Anderson, Welychka, and Zadroov are all banged up too.

Personally, London matches up well with Owen Sound. Plymouth has had injury concerns but they are an awesome team. If what we've seen so far holds up London probably has an advantage on D and in goal against the Whalers.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:36 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Calling him a tiny forward is misleading. I lost count of how many board battles Domi won on his own this series. Needs to work on some things but he'll probably be a Brad Marchand type when he gets to the NHL.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:10 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Have you not noticed the abuse he takes down low and the hacking on the wrists when he's carrying he puck? I don't agree with him returning the favour when the play is over. That's all what people choose to see. You'll see guys like Scheifele in Barrie take a lot of abuse but he doesn't retaliate. Domi should just take it and keep working.
Horvat takes alot of abuse as well. It's part of being a star player. Horvat chooses to play the game and do it the right way. Domi goes out of his way to gloat. I see what goes in the game. Taking a bodycheck isn't a big deal. No need to slash somebody for it. It's part of the game.

Considering the amount of penalties he takes for stuff like this I'm amazed Dale lets it continue. Last night you just scored to go up 2-0 and then he takes a dumb penalty. That for me is enough for him to take a seat for a bit. Letting stuff like this go as a coach will only catch up with the player late. Ask Kadri.
Everyone has a huge hate for Cousins... IMO Domi isn't to from off of Cousins on ice stuff.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:15 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Calling him a tiny forward is misleading. I lost count of how many board battles Domi won on his own this series. Needs to work on some things but he'll probably be a Brad Marchand type when he gets to the NHL.
I'm saying tiny in the fact that the rest of the Oilers forwards are the same size give or take. Max is short but built very much like Crosby. Big lower body.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:33 PM
NHL Fanatic

Domi is no taller than 5'9. An NHL comparable would be more like Jeff Skinner over Marchand. Regardless he plays bigger than his size, his game is suited for the new NHL style.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:19 PM
sbrug

According to Whaler fans Hartman and Curcuruto are out for the rest of the playoffs for Plymouth. I would like to see the Attack try and goon it up at least 1 more time today. Hopefully London can avoid the injuries going forward. This is why it's so crucial to finish 1st overall. It was a huge factor for last year's OHL champions too.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:35 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

The Western Conference Finals will start Friday @ 7 with game 2 Saturday @ 7 per Knights email.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:43 PM
bidzey

who would London rather play?
OS, Ply, or "it doesn't matter we'll kick their butts irregardless"

Old
04-14-2013, 02:45 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
I'd rather play Plymouth. I'll leave it there

Old
04-14-2013, 02:52 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I'd rather play Plymouth. I'll leave it there
the way OS played last game, you just might get your wish.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:56 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
Different style teams presenting different challenges, but really I dont care. Let the Whale and Attack decide. London has to win 2 more series. 4 good teams left, plus the Knights

Old
04-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Since the trade deadline, for those who love top flight hockey, this is the match up we have been waiting for! Knights vs Whalers is going to be a beauty!
Knights in 5

Old
04-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
The Western Conference Finals will start Friday @ 7 with game 2 Saturday @ 7 per Knights email.
Your source is wacked....game 1 Friday, game 2 Sunday...

Old
04-14-2013, 08:29 PM
hardoil3232

knights vs whalers

after watching whalers play the sting in 1st round knights will be lucky
to win a game too small

Old
04-14-2013, 08:38 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
after watching whalers play the sting in 1st round knights will be lucky
to win a game too small

Old
04-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
are these the same whalers we won against when they had trochek?

I mean it will be a good series, lucky to win a game, really?

Old
04-14-2013, 08:58 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post

London and Plymouth haven't played each other in 2013 so no.

Hard to predict this one. It could go 7 or it could be a sweep for either team in 4 close games.

Pick one.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:22 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Your source is wacked....game 1 Friday, game 2 Sunday...
Game 2 was Saturday at 7..the Knights changed it to Sunday to avoid 2 sets of back to back games in the series.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:03 AM
H44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Since the trade deadline, for those who love top flight hockey, this is the match up we have been waiting for! Knights vs Whalers is going to be a beauty!
Knights in 5
The Knights will have to play really disciplined hockey if they want to have any chance of knocking off the Whalers. This should be a really good playoff series.
While I think Max is a good hockey player, and will be drafted fairly high in the NHL
draft, he needs to use the gray matter between his ears and keep his emotions in check - Plymouth has a great power play - don't give them an advantage by taking stupid penalties. Max's actions at the end of the last game were pathetic -
but i don't think he deserved to be mugged by Iafrate who is not an angel.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
WhalerBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post

London never played the Whalers after the trade deadline. So there is no way that London played against Trocheck in our lineup. We lost 4-2 on December 29th to London. After that game, Plymouth has been on a tear. This should be a real good test for London to see if they can shut down 3 real good lines. You never know, it may be Plymouth that can't win a game. I don't think that will be the case for either team though. The real question is which team will be fortunate enough to win 4 games?

Old
04-15-2013, 10:10 AM
aresknights

I'm really looking forward to this series.
Hopefully it's an exciting one for the players and fans.
I won't be shocked no matter the out come.
I'm not real familiar with the Whalers squad ( no OHL pak this year)
I like London's goalie, top 4 D, Dales exp. and the experience and depth up front.
Ply has been happy with its goalie, their Fs are a solid group and they've seemingly bought into team D ( by the #s)
Hopefully the Knights look to be aggressive and make Ply play in their own end as much as possible. From the little I saw and heard they can turn you over anywhere on the ice and attack quickly (sounds familiar )
London will have to pay attention to the details Dale and staff set out for them to follow and they'll have to hustle back and get set to play team D.

Gotta go with the home team in....6

Closed Thread