HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released Today

Old
03-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Absolutely ****ing tired of NHL 13

Everyone does the same ****ing goals and EA refuses to fix it.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
3 days later, still can't play Sim City.

Go ahead and say I told you so.
Those who finally get to play will surely enjoy the inevitable buttflood of overpriced DLC that should have been included in the original $60 dollar game to begin with.

03-07-2013, 02:06 AM
RussianRocket10

vCash: 500
Yeah the only time I really ever play NHL 13 is when I play GM mode. Even though it's pretty broken I still enjoy it. I don't really care for EASHL this year. Last year I had a Legend 3 skater and Legend 1 goalie. I think this year I have Pro 2 on both of them.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:18 AM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Serious question: before the advent of the internet and next-gen consoles, did people care about backwards compatibility?
Eh this probably deserves a real answer since it sorta got brushed aside-

People didn't really care because the main gaming was done on PC's back then. Even in the mid to late 90s, PC was still the main audience, while little kids mainly played consoles. And really, kids don't care about backwards compatibility. All the main blabbering was about Ultima or Wing Commander...or anything from Orgin just pushing tech to insane levels. While that was going on the "casual" gaming scene was being blown away by Doom (people under 25 seem to forget - Doom was installed on more PC's than Windows. Bill Gates shot a press commercial/video of him "inside" Doom, to try and pitch to a larger market. It was literally more popular than the most popular OS) and such. Who was caring about console hardware back then... In all honesty - no one. They were toys for children and constantly mocked. Here is 3DFX's ad campaign in the mid 90s - http://www.defunctgames.com/pic/commercialbreak24b.jpg

But to actually answer your question - SEGA, being innovative as **** (as usual), which is actually what constantly lead them to their pitfalls, was one of the leaders and pushers of backwards compatibility. The original MasterSystem games worked on the Genesis. The 32X worked on a Genesis, and the Sega CD also came with a Genesis hub/connection device.

Backwards compatibility just didn't do anything in the market place. Until Sony did it and threw a nifty marketing PR spin on it , pounded their chest a bunch, and turned it into a major purchase point, along with DVD, on the PS2. Pretty much the only reason the PS2 was able to strangle hold the market so fast.

So to answer your question - People didn't care. It was actually available and people still didn't give a ****. Until their Sony overlords in 2000 told them to care.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:37 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

I'm with you.

I'm trading it in for MLB. Looks anazing and it's been awhile since I played them mlb series.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:17 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:

It's been like this since NHL 08. EA's sports franchises are horrible. They barely fix bugs, add features or change the game drastically. Instead, they pack our games with useless crap, advertisements galore (hello, Madden) and continue to charge us $60 for, essentially, roster updates.

This started after EA locked in an agreement with the NFL for exlusive rights to the NFL teams and players. At the time, 2K Sports was up and coming, giving us great titles in ESPN NFL 2k#, NHL 2k#, NBA 2k#. Not only did 2k sports make brilliant advancements in their technology, they also dropped the price for brand new games from $50 to $20.

I bought ESPN NFL 2k5, probably the greatest football game ever, for $20 brand new. EA saw what 2k Sports was doing and dropped the price of Madden from $50 to $40. What a ****ing joke. For what it's worth, I was a fan of Madden before getting into the 2k Sports franchise.

I hate EA.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I'm with you.

I'm trading it in for MLB. Looks anazing and it's been awhile since I played them mlb series.
I would very strongly recommend not getting MLB 2k13 (assuming that's what you meant and not The Show). This game is LITERALLY a roster update over 2k12. There are zero new features at all.

Check out this thread.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1362821

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:58 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:

Gotta play with a human goalie, I would be equally as frustrated with the game as you are if I didn't play with one most of the time.

That said my team could use some more people that play strictly D, we have pretty much all forwards that we just put on D or net. We have 1 full time Goalie and a 2nd and 3rd who is normally a forward but has more goalie games then forward games this year. Finished #5 in Elite last season and until a few a-holes decided to play a string of games and lose constantly were a top 20 team Overall. If any defensemen out there looking for a new club and thinks they can hang lemme know. Our forwards do most the work you wont get crazy offensive stats as a d-man on our club just need you to play good d and have a good breakout pass. Late nights, like midnight to 4 or 5 AM EST.

Last edited by PALE PWNR: 03-07-2013 at 01:51 PM.
PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

****ing buying.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/20/de...-out-april-30/

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:01 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
3 days later, still can't play Sim City.

Go ahead and say I told you so.
What a hilarious screw up by them.

I've been able to play since day one, because I somehow started on a Europe West server. Never had issues. And now I'm getting a great free game out of it

(EA is giving those who've activated (installed) SimCity a free game for their troubles. Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, or Medal of Honor: Warfighter)

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Krishna

Old
04-15-2013, 08:09 AM
SolidSnakeUS

So it looks like the backhand shots won't suck. The hitting will be more dynamic. More animations for fights and so on. Looks like you can do a lot more with deking (like with the Datsyuk part). Hopefully I'm right though...

Old
04-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Krishna

I'm really hoping NHL 15 has the new engine based around Frostbite 3.0
Would make sense since the new consoles will be out

Not expecting too much

Old
04-15-2013, 08:17 AM
leclair1088

Looking for a little advice here about the PS3

I moved out back in august and took the ps3 me and my brother shared with me. Hes been away at school but now he'll b home in a month and my mom wanted to get him one for when he came home.

Is it worth it to buy a PS3 now? Like what I was worried about is buying the PS3 now and then the 4 comes out in the fall and there wont be any new games for the ps3 or will they still make them?

thanks

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Krishna

You could get a used one for probably 150 or so from gamestop or 200 ish new anywhere

There will definitely be games coming out for ps3 after the ps4 is released. They just stopped making ps2 games like a year or two ago

Old
04-15-2013, 08:24 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I wonder if I should wait for the PS4 version?

Old
04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Krishna

I dont think it will be on PS4 just yet

The game is being released in September and the console is in november I think

The games wont be that different from each other really. There wont be a new engine until at least 15

Old
04-15-2013, 08:29 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I'll probably still get NHL 14, especially if 2K decides to skip again this year.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Krishna

Has 2k said if they are even making an NHL game? Think you'd hear something by now. I thought they closed that part of the company?

Old
04-15-2013, 08:31 AM
SolidSnakeUS

No ******* idea...

Old
04-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Krishna

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...-hockey-nhl-14

Quote:
NHL 14 Features

NHL® Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFA’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever.

Enforcer Engine – There is a code in hockey, when it's broken you have to respond. A first for the NHL franchise, Fight Night technology delivers a new 3rd person experience, physics-based punch targeting and player size differentiation to every fight, creating the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.

One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one-button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.

True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.

Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.

EA SPORTS NHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Krishna

Here SolidSnake

http://kotaku.com/5805685/nhl-2k12-aint-happening

Quote:
NHL 2K12 Ain't Happening
2K Sports yesterday confirmed that NHL 2K12 will not be published on any console, likely ending that simulation's run.

Unable to gain traction against EA Sports' NHL series, 2K put NHL 2K on a one-year hiatus last year, ostensibly to return with a breakthrough game built on a two-year cycle. The series still published on the Wii, last year where it was met by EA Sports' NHL Slapshot.

Now both bids are over. "2K Sports will not release an NHL title for consoles this year," the company told Kotaku, without any elaboration. 2K Sports published NHL 2K11 for the iPhone and iPad last year. There is no competing NHL product from EA Sports on those devices.

The cancellation leaves 2K Sports with MLB 2K and the widely acclaimed NBA 2K series as its licensed sports simulation titles. Its third-party exclusive contract with Major League Baseball expires next year, and if commentary from Take-Two's senior leadership is any guide, it is unlikely to be renewed. Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has called the license "a losing proposition."

Old
04-15-2013, 08:38 AM
SolidSnakeUS

That last part is basically the same thing. They need to add swappable positions for EASHL Clubs though. Also vote kicking. The new kind of fight engine sounds fun. The one touch dekes I feel might be exploited like crazy.

And for the first part:

FIFA or Tekken

Old
04-15-2013, 08:43 AM
FlyersFan61290

i won't be buying it. i owed NHL07-NHL11 then i decided to skip NHL 12 but i figured i had to buy NHL 13 being as though G was on the cover. overall i've been very disappointed with NHL 13 and quite honestly it doesn't seem as if they've fixed/changed a whole lot. maybe i'll just start buying them every other yr.

btw that trailer was terrible. i mean it looked cool and all but all the really awesome stuff was the real NHL action. the big hits, awesome saves and all that. the game play still looks exactly the same in the little i just saw.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:46 AM
SolidSnakeUS

The one thing they should of put a feature for is that they NEED to fix goaltending, moreso with user controlled goalies. Also, if they keep the CPU goalies from 13 that are complete ********* (borderline cheating) for cross-creases... **** them... Seriously, keeping the CPU goalies like that to prevent almost all cross-creases is basically there just so that people can get into the game easier and be lazier on defense. Go back to the cross-crease stuff of 12 and become a better defender because of it.