HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 03:38 AM
Carey Cost*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Way to misquote me completely. Was it on purpose to set up the rest of your post or by accident because you just can't comprehend what I wrote. I said my friend has a deep problem being insecure about the Habs success and so when we win he'll show how much he adores Price, but when we lose, he blames it all on him because he needs someone to blame.

Last night was all Price's fault. Prior to that there are max. 2 games that come close to that and even then there's room for debate. He's been solid this season and it's frustrating for people who simply "don't like Carey Price" to refuse to understand what good goaltending is apart from the opposite of a goal being let in.

You don't simply not approve of Carey's play, you made an account on this board to voice how awful he is. Free speech, whatever, but you are a bit cuckoo for cocoa puffs when one considers this person who has driven you to madness. The minimum you ask from him is that? OK, then keep quiet until he lets you down, k? (don't think that kind of logic will work)

The TEAM has to win the games and yes it has to do it on Carey's back. He has to play the way he has in his best games this season cuz our D is far worse off than it was last week and I have yet to see Diaz lace up. I will admit when Price gives up a softie, but I will not ignore the rest of the team (just addressing your ultimatum). If Pacioretty can't be a game breaker, maybe you should create an account for that as well.

I also want the ECF, but if it doesn't happen, there are multiple ways it won't that will have nothing to do with Price. Right now, I'm looking for him to bounce back tonight. Criticizing Price is one thing. What you're doing is another.
1- Why do you even compare me with your friend? I'm not insecure about habs success...If anything I was never more confident then today, the team is hustling, they show passion and want to win. I only blame those who are emotionless or terribly bad... or both..you don't know me so don't make absurd comparisons. When we have success I'm happy that we win and I give credit to price if he had a good game or blame him if he lets 1-2 softies.

2- If you also have a problem with my username, buddy, your welcome to ignore me.

3- Only a goalie plays 60 mins per game... Pacioretty plays what 20 mins? max? If he dosen't show up one game you have the rest of the team to compensate.

4- I see that at least your objective as well, I respect that. But people used to excuse almost any soft goal Carey was letting in. Perfect shot. weak defence, weird shot, team plays bad, awful play by bouillon, awful play by gorges, wtf is emelin doing there, gionta , dd , white , moen ,

This was the reason I created the account. I couldn't stand the absurdity of Carey price being overly protected.

It seems since last game people are starting to question Price a little, I'm not sure but in AC it had to be the first time the commentators admitted it was Price's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
to no surprise, you have no awnser to Rosso question.
I said I will take a step back and wait for Carey to prove me wrong. If so many people still believe in him then there's something I'm not getting. I strongly doubt Carey will prove me wrong but I will give him a last chance.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:10 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
I said I will take a step back and wait for Carey to prove me wrong. If so many people still believe in him then there's something I'm not getting. I strongly doubt Carey will prove me wrong but I will give him a last chance.
pretty much the same as admitting you have no awnser other than you hate him.

Sure you'll pretend it's untrue, but the fact you refuse to awnser such a simple question IS an awnser in itself.

Don't care much if you hate Price, should be honest enough to not pretend otherwise though.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
pretty much the same as admitting you have no awnser other than you hate him.

Sure you'll pretend it's untrue, but the fact you refuse to awnser such a simple question IS an awnser in itself.

Don't care much if you hate Price, should be honest enough to not pretend otherwise though.
people used to excuse almost any soft goal Carey was letting in. Perfect shot. weak defence, weird shot, team plays bad, awful play by bouillon, awful play by gorges, wtf is emelin doing there, gionta , dd , white , moen ,

This was the reason I created the account. I couldn't stand the absurdity of Carey price being overly protected.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:12 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
people used to excuse almost any soft goal Carey was letting in. Perfect shot. weak defence, weird shot, team plays bad, awful play by bouillon, awful play by gorges, wtf is emelin doing there, gionta , dd , white , moen ,

Guess pretty much everyone was right, you only created the account to bash a Habs player.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
Guess pretty much everyone was right, you only created the account to bash a Habs player.
Yet i'm not the only one bashing Price so your statement is worthless. And how bad do I bash him any way? I only say he cost's us games... and I bring stats to prove my point.
Even with a different user name I would bash Price...

and again i asked you to quote me 2 examples of me trolling, you din't you ignored me.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:22 AM
Carey Cost*

So Carey Price (the user) only reason to create his account was to bash the bashers? ANy way why is it even about me ? lol

let's talk Carey Price plz.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:22 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Yet i'm not the only one bashing Price so your statement is worthless. And how bad do I bash him any way? I only say he cost's us games... and I bring stats to prove my point.
Even with a different user name I would bash Price...

and again i asked you to quote me 2 examples of me trolling, you din't you ignored me.
you're quoting the wrong guy, wake up kiddo.

You're going to my IL anyway, pretty clear Price bashing is all you'll do anyway.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:25 AM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
you're quoting the wrong guy, wake up kiddo.

You're going to my IL anyway, pretty clear Price bashing is all you'll do anyway.
Page 33 post 806/807

Dude it's ok I think its late and your just tired.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:26 AM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
Page 33 post 806/807

Dude it's ok I think its late and your just tired.
my bad 804/405

Old
04-15-2013, 06:25 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Seriously some people on these boards need prozac and some memory pills.

A few years back we sucked in front of him and he was the reason we were even competitive.
he's a world class goalie who has won at every level but is having an AVERAGE year.it happens... See Giroux!

For the "geniuses" who want to trade him, ask yourself two questions.
1) Given our "awesome" goaltending depth, who would replace him?
2) Assuming other GMs have a brain, how much overpayment due you think it would take to get a number 1 goalie since all GMs can read a depth chart!

The "emotion" you seek from Price is what... Break some sticks, rant and rave? Guess what thats exactly the opposite demeanor it takes to goal for the Habs! that is okay for fans not goalies!

Price will be fine, some of you out there I have my doubts... It'll take a lot of therapy.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:50 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

I've always wondered why people were so hesitant when I would claim that l'm a habs fan. My friends and I were pretty reserved, we loved our team but understood hockey in and out. We loved the game, and watched many other teams play, never pulling the wool over our eyes making excuses to make something seem that it's not.

After two years of attending college, a class mate finally said to me, "I didn't know how to handle you at first, because I thought you might be a typical habs fan, you know?". And I didn't. Now I do. Seeing some guys post here right after games, trade gionta, price sucks, etc, I think shows that. We finally get a good team, and you can't take pride in it? And stand behind them? The team has shown resilience and adversity throughout the season fighting back after losses or being down, and I think it's time some fans do the same.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:44 AM
BrimStone64

Wonder why we didn't trade down in Price draft? We drafted 5th, he was rated around 20th.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You're being absolutely stupid here. There's no other way to put it. If you don't think he was awesome in that series there's no other discussion to be had. And we should've won the series in 6? Are you for real?

If he had any offensive support it would've been over in four after his 1-0 shutout. And we did not outplay Boston aferwards... So GTFO dude.

Absolve? No. I just don't care about it. The team flat out sucked amd we were totally schooled.

After you assessment regarding the Price's rookie series you have zero crediblilty here. Please don't come back with crap about "rose coloured glasses" when you come out with **** like that.

Please don't bother discussing it then because you don't know **** about hockey.

Sounds easy enough but who do you replace him with? Seriously man people talk like goaltending isn't important until they don't have any. We've been spoiled in Montreal with netminding... how would you like to be a Leaf fan?
I just came across this tirade against me. Calling me stupid? Telling me to GTFO? Telling me I don't know hockey? Did I kick your dog or something? Or are you Carey Price's secret lover? All I said was that your memory didn't serve you well if you thought Price has played well in the playoffs so far in his career. Disagreeing with your somewhat delusional view of his playoff career doesn't warrant such a reaction. I didn't say he was a bad goalie. I said Price had some consistency issues and needs to be better in the playoffs. I also said his playoff performance trend is positive, so I am hopeful he will be better.

Learn some manners, bud. You don't know anything about me or who I could be. Quit acting like a tough a-hole on a message board.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:57 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Wonder why we didn't trade down in Price draft? We drafted 5th, he was rated around 20th.
Because both Ottawa and Toronto were licking their chops to get him.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Drive425

Quote:
Um no Price was ranked 7th and top goalie. We got lucky to draft Price. We actually got lucky to draft 5th that year. He's was the best choice for the Habs and I still believe that.

So he had a rough game Saturday night. Big deal. Patrick had a rough night against the Red Wings and went on to win two stanely cups.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Yeah man chill out...just relax...you know, we're not winning the Stanley Cup in the 41th game of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
I just came across this tirade against me. Calling me stupid? Telling me to GTFO? Telling me I don't know hockey? Did I kick your dog or something? Or are you Carey Price's secret lover? All I said was that your memory didn't serve you well if you thought Price has played well in the playoffs so far in his career. Disagreeing with your somewhat delusional view of his playoff career doesn't warrant such a reaction. I didn't say he was a bad goalie. I said Price had some consistency issues and needs to be better in the playoffs. I also said his playoff performance trend is positive, so I am hopeful he will be better.

Learn some manners, bud. You don't know anything about me or who I could be. Quit acting like a tough a-hole on a message board.
Lafleur Guy rams on any one who's opinion differ from his.
Your absolutly right inwhat your saying.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:06 AM
DenverHabsFan

Let me add to the conversation by first saying that not everyone who criticizes Price hates him or wants to trade him or wishes we had kept Kalak. The Halak ship sailed a long time ago. He has proven that he can't handle playing more than every other game and he gets injured a lot. He can be incredible and than have a pathetic game. There is more variance to his performances than Price's. So, as far as I'm concerned, that was the right decision and we got a great player in Eller.

My frustration with Price stems from what I perceive as a lack of mental toughness. The best word I can come up with to describe him is nonchalant. He's a charming guy who seems like a good teammate and I want him to succeed as a Habs fan. But he frustrates the heck out of me because it seems every time I'm pumped about a game that appears to be an "important", "huge game", "statement game", he craps the bed.

Then, predictably, his defenders come out and use Price's favorite expression "chill out" and remind us that the game was of no particular importance, we're still first, we're already qualified and all the usual excuses. I'm sorry but the game against the Leafs WAS huge as far as being confident if we play them in the first round. Had we lost 2-1 in a close game, it would be a different story. But instead, we're left with a sick feeling that we have to avoid playing them in the first round at all cost.

If that last game against the Leafs is significant and Price stands on his head, I'll eat my words. But I've seen the same movie too many times and always end up disappointed. He needs to mature and approach every "big" game as if it's 7th game overtime to regain my respect. I don't care and even expect a bad game here and there. But when the entire country is watching on a Saturday night and the game has serious implications for the confidence of the team, he needs to bring his A game. That was beyond embarrassing and shutting out a weak Flyers team won't do it for me.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:16 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Um no Price was ranked 7th and top goalie. We got lucky to draft Price. We actually got lucky to draft 5th that year. He's was the best choice for the Habs and I still believe that.

So he had a rough game Saturday night. Big deal. Patrick had a rough night against the Red Wings and went on to win two stanely cups.
Exactly the kind of "chill out" reaction I was talking about.

With all due respect, don't even go there with the Roy comparison. I was a huge fan of Roy. He had his share of lousy, but often meaningless games.

HOWEVER, when I was pumped about a big game and brought out the popcorn and beer to watch the game with my friends, Roy rarely failed me.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Let me add to the conversation by first saying that not everyone who criticizes Price hates him or wants to trade him or wishes we had kept Kalak. The Halak ship sailed a long time ago. He has proven that he can't handle playing more than every other game and he gets injured a lot. He can be incredible and than have a pathetic game. There is more variance to his performances than Price's. So, as far as I'm concerned, that was the right decision and we got a great player in Eller.

My frustration with Price stems from what I perceive as a lack of mental toughness. The best word I can come up with to describe him is nonchalant. He's a charming guy who seems like a good teammate and I want him to succeed as a Habs fan. But he frustrates the heck out of me because it seems every time I'm pumped about a game that appears to be an "important", "huge game", "statement game", he craps the bed.

Then, predictably, his defenders come out and use Price's favorite expression "chill out" and remind us that the game was of no particular importance, we're still first, we're already qualified and all the usual excuses. I'm sorry but the game against the Leafs WAS huge as far as being confident if we play them in the first round. Had we lost 2-1 in a close game, it would be a different story. But instead, we're left with a sick feeling that we have to avoid playing them in the first round at all cost.

If that last game against the Leafs is significant and Price stands on his head, I'll eat my words. But I've seen the same movie too many times and always end up disappointed. He needs to mature and approach every "big" game as if it's 7th game overtime to regain my respect. I don't care and even expect a bad game here and there. But when the entire country is watching on a Saturday night and the game has serious implications for the confidence of the team, he needs to bring his A game. That was beyond embarrassing and shutting out a weak Flyers team won't do it for me.
The good thing is that after the last smack down the Leafs gave us we went on an incredible run. Maybe we do the same and ride a huge wave of confidence going into the playoffs. Go Habs!

Old
04-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Exactly the kind of "chill out" reaction I was talking about.

With all due respect, don't even go there with the Roy comparison. I was a huge fan of Roy. He had his share of lousy, but often meaningless games.

HOWEVER, when I was pumped about a big game and brought out the popcorn and beer to watch the game with my friends, Roy rarely failed me.
I guess everyone should just commit suicide then. The end of the world is coming.

Gimmie a frickin break. Do the Habs have a better option at this point??? No. Get over it and move on. I know I have. Whining about Price's bad performances will do absolutely nothing to make me feel better about them.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:23 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post

Report his post

Old
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
I guess everyone should just commit suicide then. The end of the world is coming.

Gimmie a frickin break. Do the Habs have a better option at this point??? No. Get over it and move on. I know I have. Whining about Price's bad performances will do absolutely nothing to make me feel better about them.
Sure, that's a fair comment. Except for the first part.

However, how is that different than me pointing out that we don't have a go-to guy to put on the ice when we're down by one goal with one minute left in the game? The Habs still lack in certain areas but are on the right track. I'm simply pointing out that Price has not reached the level of maturity that I expect out of him. That's just a fact. Is he at a point in his career where you feel 100% confident with him in nets with the season or a series on the line? I know I'm not.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:37 AM
pucci2001

Leafs fan here, mostly coming in peace. That being said if you are uncomfortable with Carey by all means send him our way, world class goalie had an off night. He still hasn't even hit his prime...personally and from a leafs stand point I am hoping at the end of his six year deal he heads over here in his 30s like Cujo, Eddie did lol.

You guys should be happy as pigs in you know what you have him...and Gally+PK. Can't believe the abuse PK took for holding out too. His next deal is going to hurt your pocket books.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:39 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Wonder why you where not at the draft table? Seriously, it's easy to count your chicken once they have hatched.
As far has Price, sur I'm not happy he **** the bed but like all other goalies, it happens.
Also, I would add that Roy let in 8 goals vs Detroit the year he won the cup with Colorado...and wins the Conn Smythe. Now I'm not saying that Price wins the cup and the Smyth but just saying that every goalie have bad games even the top guys.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:44 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci2001 View Post
Leafs fan here, mostly coming in peace. That being said if you are uncomfortable with Carey by all means send him our way, world class goalie had an off night. He still hasn't even hit his prime...personally and from a leafs stand point I am hoping at the end of his six year deal he heads over here in his 30s like Cujo, Eddie did lol.

You guys should be happy as pigs in you know what you have him...and Gally+PK. Can't believe the abuse PK took for holding out too. His next deal is going to hurt your pocket books.
I for one am one who love Price has our number 1.
In Montreal, it win you rule and loss you're the outcast. It's been like that for has long has I remember. Even Roy had his bashers but since he won 2 cups with the habs, he had less. Put a cup in Price's resume and more bashers will go away waiting for games like this to **** on him.

Closed Thread