HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Puempel and Ceci's OHL season done

Old
04-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 245
Ceci is at least 2 years away, hopefully 3.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

vCash: 500
Neither guy is slated to see time with the big club, but...if Ceci plays well in Bingo, and if a few d-men, Gryba in particular, get hurt, then the Sens might consider bringing Ceci in because he is a right handed shot and our whole system is seemingly devoid of RH shot d-men, other than Karlsson and Gryba. I still think Boro is more likely to get the call, but if there are a few injuries, he is probably as good a bet as any after Boro.

Probably 1 chance in 20, but possible.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:08 AM
SenzZen

Good for the organization to get them now.

Hopefully they can help Bingo, but the experience alone will do them well.

Didn't Puempel get some time in Bingo last year? How did he fare?

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post

He supposedly look ok, especially near the end of the 9 games or whatever it was (scored 1 goal I think), but was a bit of an eye opener for him. Played in the bottom 6 too, from what I understand. There basically aren't too many 18 year olds in the AHL - probably more in the NHL actually (given the NA teenagers are ineligible except under circumstances like Puempel).

I'd hope they put him with Da Costa at some point, to see how he fares with a decent playmaker. He hasn't really played with one for an extended period in his junior career.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:18 AM
EssendonBombers
classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Good for the organization to get them now.

Hopefully they can help Bingo, but the experience alone will do them well.

Scored a goal IIRC. Those were some dark Bingo days too.

EssendonBombers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Biancosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
He supposedly look ok, especially near the end of the 9 games or whatever it was (scored 1 goal I think), but was a bit of an eye opener for him. Played in the bottom 6 too, from what I understand. There basically aren't too many 18 year olds in the AHL - probably more in the NHL actually (given the NA teenagers are ineligible except under circumstances like Puempel).

I'd hope they put him with Da Costa at some point, to see how he fares with a decent playmaker. He hasn't really played with one for an extended period in his junior career.
Thinking the same thing. I think him and da costa would make a great line. With a bigger body clearing space for them. Puempel is also an instant upgrade to any powerplay. Loves the front of the net.

Biancosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Biancosaurus

I don't think Ceci gets a call this year and neither does puempel unless multiple players get injured in Ottawa. They're just not ready. As a two way d man with some defensive question marks , the ahl will work wonders for Ceci. He'll be their top d man next year though more than likely. You can't put too much weight on puempels points in the ahl. It's not a skill league or a point getters league. He's just gotta get stronger and quicker feet

Old
04-15-2013, 09:31 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
They better not get a call straight to the NHL after all the call-ups. Developing players in the AHL, especially in playoff games, is crucial to a winning attitude. We need bodies in Binghamton. Those of you that are suggesting they immediately make the NHL team need to realize that the organization is much larger than just the NHL franchise. This needs to be treated as a unit between both Bingo and Ottawa. Some of you on these forums get that, others still have the blinders on. You wouldn't have half the team, literally half, if it wasn't for that calder cup run a few years back. It pays dividends, this season I'm seeing some regression in logic/thinking on the GM's and I don't like it.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:40 AM
SenzZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
Scored a goal IIRC. Those were some dark Bingo days too.
Thanks guys.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Smash88

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
They better not get a call straight to the NHL after all the call-ups. Developing players in the AHL, especially in playoff games, is crucial to a winning attitude. We need bodies in Binghamton. Those of you that are suggesting they immediately make the NHL team need to realize that the organization is much larger than just the NHL franchise. This needs to be treated as a unit between both Bingo and Ottawa. Some of you on these forums get that, others still have the blinders on. You wouldn't have half the team, literally half, if it wasn't for that calder cup run a few years back. It pays dividends, this season I'm seeing some regression in logic/thinking on the GM's and I don't like it.
This is directly linked to having our best guys out.. If Spezza, Michalek, Cowen and Karlsson don't get hurt, everyone but Silfverberg probably plays in Bingo all year.

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Biancosaurus

Quote:
Gms didn't have much of a choice this year. It was either play our prospects. Or trade our prospects for immediate help. None of them look lost out there and they're playing well so I don't think this season will hinder their development.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:40 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I sure as hell hope Ceci doesn't play with the Senators this playoffs, he's far from being NHL ready at the moment.

Just being honest.
This is all I ever hear. Even the Sens seem to think he is a few years away.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
This is directly linked to having our best guys out.. If Spezza, Michalek, Cowen and Karlsson don't get hurt, everyone but Silfverberg probably plays in Bingo all year.
I doubt it... in fact this thought is ludicrous. Michalek is back, yet O'brien and Regin are not in the line up and replacing them are Pageau, Zibanejad.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
It looks like there are too many bodies in Bingo, a few were sitting out on the weekend. You have to wonder where the hell Luke is going to do with all these players & how the players feel who have been there all yr contributing to Bingo's success to be replaced by some kid from junior? I wonder if Puempel is as good right now as Hoffman, Prince or Schneider are at this time? Or if Ceci can come in & take a spot from one of the veteran defencemen?

Maybe Luke has them sit & watch & practise with the team until next season unless of course they are better than what Luke has now, are they? Should be interesting to see what happens, since they have locked a playoff spot maybe he gives them some games. The team is playing well & they may not want to mess with the chemistry. I think Bingo is going to have a good long run again this yr for the Calder Cup. Good luck.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote