HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharpy

Old
04-14-2013, 06:28 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
I have a feeling that Bickell will be signable if you do the same as his last contract: give him term and security in exchange for money. Maybe 6-8 years with an NMC, ~$2m / yr.
I'd rather just get rid of him and give his place to a prospect. I don't want him for the next 6-8 years.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Sarava

Quote:
The second part of that is the main problem with Hossa; if he decides to retire before the last year of his deal, the Hawks have to eat an $18m penalty.
I think they can buy him out if he does that?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:52 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I'd rather just get rid of him and give his place to a prospect. I don't want him for the next 6-8 years.
I do, I think.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
McDooRoo

If Sharp doesnt start staying healthy I don't want him resigned. As for Tazer and Kane they'll get signed long term here before their contracts are up.

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
If Sharp doesnt start staying healthy I don't want him resigned. As for Tazer and Kane they'll get signed long term here before their contracts are up.
He is already signed for 4 years. We are stuck with him.

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:24 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Being "stuck" with Sharp is a good problem to have. You guys are nuts.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

Not meaning stuck per se. But his contract is a million or two off so far.

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Pretty much this. We have a Selanne in Hossa. Barring injury he'll play his full contract out for Chicago and still put up decent numbers.
I believe this wholeheartedly. Hoss is an animal.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Not meaning stuck per se. But his contract is a million or two off so far.
Big contract, has a ring, new baby...not surprising that his play and or desire (not in shape at season start) has diminished.

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I think they can buy him out if he does that?
Would have to clear waivers ,, Teams would grab Hossa knowing the Hawks get screwed in end

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
I have a feeling that Bickell will be signable if you do the same as his last contract: give him term and security in exchange for money. Maybe 6-8 years with an NMC, ~$2m / yr.
No player will sign 6-8 year deal with so little $$$

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Blackhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Being "stuck" with Sharp is a good problem to have. You guys are nuts.
Tell me about it, you guys have such short memories and pretty impulsive about trading everyone as soon as they have a little bump on the road. Thank God half of HF wasnt GM last year as Hammer would have been shipped off for a second round pick and Leddy for 3rd rounder. Even Bolland talk I dont agree with, yes he hasnt been the best player regular season since the departure of Havlat but when it really counts and that is the playoffs he has brought it on every time. MOST of the time you have to ride the storm out with players with long contracts because they all have a couple bumps and that is what most people dont understand.

Blackhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:34 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
the Hawks aren't doing too bad re cap space - right now (excl. buy outs) they're at $5,876,538. If you assume a buy out of Montador and Olesz that puts them at $11.9m. for 13/14. it would be great to dump bolland - hypothetically if we dumped him at the draft to move up w/ our own 1st round pick (meaning we weren't taking back salary)...that would put us at $15.3.

whether moving bolland like that is plausible or not...the point is that we do have more manoeuvre-ability than people are claiming.

however...i wouldn't even bother doing what Land of Lincoln suggests...I wouldn't re-sign Bickell at all (get a prospect from Rockford to fill in). Emery - we won't be able to re-sign him. He's proven his worth this year and will be able to command a bigger salary elsewhere than we could justifiably pay him. Same w/ Stalberg - I actually like him - but he's going to be able to command a bigger salary as a UFA than i'd want us to pay him.
Chicago could pay Emery 7.5m = 3 years at 2.5m per season. Yes, it means trading Crawford and promoting Karlsson. I'm not a GM I don't know it all. You can't keep everyone. Sure I agree there are plenty of guys in Rockford that can replace Bickell. Bickell has been very good and we could sign him if he wants to stay in Chicago. Meaning if he takes a Hawks friendly deal. I think he would. I would rather keep Bickell, because he is undervalued. We could keep Bickell, Stalberg & the other guys I mentioned. I would part ways with Bolland & Crawford. Crawford will want a raise the following year and I would rather have Emery on a 3 year deal at 2.5m a season.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:23 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Are you serious?

You'd rather have an older, slower, worse positionally goalie for 3 more years than Crawford?

Yikes.

I get that stats are important on judging a player... but when it comes to goalies, you need to watch them.

Emery gets results, and I've been VERY happy with his results this year... but 1) I don't expect it to continue year-after-year and 2) I've seen him play, and he's not as good positionally or athletically as Crawford.

Emery could very well fetch what Crawford is making on the FA market from a team who is desperate for a 1B, based on this year. I hope he gets it... I just hope it isn't from us.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:36 AM
LBS8844

Hope he gets healthy soon.

LBS8844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:28 AM
digdug41982

I'd love to have BB back and I think he will sign a team friendly deal again, at worst 2.33M X 3 YRS. Emery is a guy you let walk. Crawford is and will continue to be a steal at his salary.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:30 AM
xX Hot Fuss

I feel like i'm on the main Trade Thread...

1) Sharp has a NMC, and he just signed a new contract, bought a new house, and had a daughter...he isn't going anywhere.

Point 1 really should be the end of this discussion as far as "moving Sharp" goes...its never happening

2) In his WORST year as a Hawk, he's on pace for about 60 points. His absolute worst season here.

3) If this really is "one of the best Hawks teams of all time", surely those advocating trading Sharp would realize that this team does not have a regulation loss with him in the lineup this season. I'll repeat that again since it seems to be forgotten so easily by you fickle fans

The Chicago Blackhawks do not have a regulation loss with Patrick Sharp in the Lineup this season

Without him, we went on some .500ish stretch. Clearly his game makes this team play even better. The scoring will come. You guys just have to be patient.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane

^^^^^^^^^^^
Still one of the nastiest top 6's in the NHL

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:32 AM
digdug41982

Yeah, Sharp will only move if he wants to and there is no way he will want to do that.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Sharp always seemed streaky when it came to scoring, we just never got to see his hot streak this year. Hopefully the shoulder is okay and we see it in the playoffs.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:55 AM
xX Hot Fuss

I actually really like watching Sharp play. Its exciting to see him generate scoring chances

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:57 AM
digdug41982

I never understood the Sharp hate. The guy is a great shooter and very smart positionally in the offensive zone. He fits in great with Kane and Hossa on the opposite wings.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

2) In his WORST year as a Hawk, he's on pace for about 60 points. His absolute worst season here.
Another way to look at it is that he's on pace for 15 goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I never understood the Sharp hate. The guy is a great shooter and very smart positionally in the offensive zone. He fits in great with Kane and Hossa on the opposite wings.
Never has come close to leading the team or top 6 in shooting percentage, he gets tons of looks and converts less than expected.

Marotte Marauder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:02 PM
madgoat33

he's been terribly disappointing this season.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:12 PM
moose vasko

I like Sharp. I think he is probably very highly regarded within the org. But he is expensive and may have already peaked. Managing the cap is ongoing; GM's always have to be looking for opportunities to save. Things change--e.g. look at Saad. At start of the year his contract is a non-issue...3 years on ELC so it's all good. Now we have to be thinking about extending him. TSN already has him statistically ranked at the #17 LW in the league (and he's getting better). Almost everything has to be looked at. I'd like to keep Stalberg too, but I doubt it will happen.

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose vasko View Post
I like Sharp. I think he is probably very highly regarded within the org. But he is expensive and may have already peaked. Managing the cap is ongoing; GM's always have to be looking for opportunities to save. Things change--e.g. look at Saad. At start of the year his contract is a non-issue...3 years on ELC so it's all good. Now we have to be thinking about extending him. TSN already has him statistically ranked at the #17 LW in the league (and he's getting better). Almost everything has to be looked at. I'd like to keep Stalberg too, but I doubt it will happen.
Sharp has a NTC. How the hell are you going to get him to waive that?