HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boooooooo! Flames destroy us 4-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 07:27 PM
  #301
McPoolParty
Jesse P for Prez
 
McPoolParty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,743
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
I understand the rage but you could've given those tickets to people who don't get to go to games, some kid going to his first game doesn't care how dire the Oilers' situation is.
If someone took their kid to see this current team it should be considered child abuse
I havent even gone to an Oilers game in a couple of years, I'm just enraged by the continuous incompetence displayed in our organization from top to bottom.

McPoolParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:40 PM
  #302
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
If someone took their kid to see this current team it should be considered child abuse
I havent even gone to an Oilers game in a couple of years, I'm just enraged by the continuous incompetence displayed in our organization from top to bottom.
Obviously you're being facetious, and yeah, ticket holders who have no interest in seeing the team in its current state should absolutely be giving their tickets to kids who can't normally afford to go.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:43 PM
  #303
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,074
vCash: 500
Terry Jones wrote an excellent article this afternoon talking about how the Oilers have not seen a modicum of improvement this year (he provides stats) and it's time for Tambellini to go.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/1...-up-tambellini

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:45 PM
  #304
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Terry Jones wrote an excellent article this afternoon talking about how the Oilers have not seen a modicum of improvement this year (he provides stats) and it's time for Tambellini to go.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/1...-up-tambellini
I don't think anyone takes Jones seriously anymore, but I do hope this is the start of the media really starting to question Tambo as GM.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:47 PM
  #305
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
I don't think anyone takes Jones seriously anymore, but I do hope this is the start of the media really starting to question Tambo as GM.
Hopefully, the veteran scribes at the Journal follow suit this week. Enough is enough.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
  #306
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites
 
McOilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,514
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Terry Jones wrote an excellent article this afternoon talking about how the Oilers have not seen a modicum of improvement this year (he provides stats) and it's time for Tambellini to go.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/1...-up-tambellini
It's been time for Tambellini to go for a couple of seasons.

Next season the mantra is going to be 'aiming for the playoffs' when realistically, we should be challenging for the division crown next year. 5 years into a rebuild and we can't make the playoffs. Seriously, half a decade to only make the playoffs.

It's funny, season 2-3 of the rebuild when people were happy tanking, every time it was brought up that we've been historically bad and it's not acceptable, it was always Pittsburgh and Chicago brought up. Oh look, they sucked for this long, and look where they are now! Those comparisons aren't really brought up anymore, and if anything it's more "I love our kids, but they aren't Toews or Kane".

The most telling thing to me is that, 4 seasons into the rebuild, we're talking about addressing the culture change in the offseason. We need more heart. We need guys who give it 150% every night. We need guys who play physical. You'd think with the ineptness the team that brought us Hall, that'd be the first thing the morons up stairs would address.

We got the **** kicked out of us by a Calgary team that has maybe, maybe, 6 NHL players that would be able to crack a playoff team roster. That has to be the most pathetic loss this year.

We're also getting perilously close to the point where adding another top draft pick may **** up our future salary cap and depth. High end talent costs money. Continually adding top-10 picks (6 years in a row this year!) isn't going to come cheap unless they underachieve.

__________________
<-- Credit goes to Joel Ward
McOilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:46 PM
  #307
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,955
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Terry Jones wrote an excellent article this afternoon talking about how the Oilers have not seen a modicum of improvement this year (he provides stats) and it's time for Tambellini to go.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/1...-up-tambellini
Jones nailed it in that article.

There has been a small contingent on this forum (of which I have been a member) calling out Management for years now. I wish I could say that it feels good to be validated by the lack of improvement. Disgust is all I feel when it comes to this team.
It will be interesting to see how many years the team burns off of Hall's, Eberles, Yakupov, Shultz and RNH's contracts before they get this mess of a roster straightened out.

Its so tiring listening to Stauffers rants about how the Oilers are doing things the right way. The right way would mean that the team is improving and forming an identity. Neither has happened although small, soft and easy to play against could be considered their identity.
Incompetent management got the Oilers the top picks and the same incompetent management has failed to surround those top picks with any quality veteran support.
How can anybody be surprised about this?

This 'so called' rebuild is embarrassing and has been embarrassing right from the start.

The big question is...what will be done about this?

I suspect the answer is nothing.


Last edited by guymez: 04-14-2013 at 09:52 PM.
guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:14 PM
  #308
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
I don't think anyone takes Jones seriously anymore, but I do hope this is the start of the media really starting to question Tambo as GM.
Sure we do.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:15 PM
  #309
flashy
Fire Tambellini.
 
flashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,778
vCash: 360
So the main rebuild defenders are in hiding. Edmonton is going to set the bar for worst rebuild in cap era history.

How many freebies does Tambo need? He's at 4 gonna be at 5 after this season.

flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:16 AM
  #310
Tarus
FireChia#
 
Tarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
So the main rebuild defenders are in hiding. Edmonton is going to set the bar for worst rebuild in cap era history.

How many freebies does Tambo need? He's at 4 gonna be at 5 after this season.
As many freebies as Katz chooses to give him. After that, it's Mact/Lowe, and we already know they'll get freebies until death do them part.

Doesn't matter if you're for or against the rebuild, Katz decides things go.

Tarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:54 AM
  #311
Took a pill in Sbisa
2showToffoliIwascool
 
Took a pill in Sbisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 9,658
vCash: 1323
Is there audio of Gregor's post game rant from Saturday night yet? I'm still eager to hear it

Took a pill in Sbisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:58 AM
  #312
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Bah Jones is just upset they drafted Yakupov, who has proven difficult to stalk.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:17 AM
  #313
Took a pill in Sbisa
2showToffoliIwascool
 
Took a pill in Sbisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 9,658
vCash: 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
As many freebies as Katz chooses to give him. After that, it's Mact/Lowe, and we already know they'll get freebies until death do them part.

Doesn't matter if you're for or against the rebuild, Katz decides things go.
I'm not so against the idea of Lowe/MacT. Atleast Lowe made the ballsy moves to upgrade the team. He's the guy that brought in Pronger, Peca, Spacek & Samsanov all in 1 year, as well as a starting goalie, all of who were instrumental leading to 1 win from the cup.
MacT even said this year that that was his only 'fun' time as coach. Just because he had to put grinders on the ice during his tenure doesn't mean he can't recognize and appreciate skill. He wasn't in charge of bringing in the players.

Took a pill in Sbisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:23 AM
  #314
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,073
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
So the main rebuild defenders are in hiding. Edmonton is going to set the bar for worst rebuild in cap era history.

How many freebies does Tambo need? He's at 4 gonna be at 5 after this season.
I think you need to count again.

Try using your fingers this time.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:46 AM
  #315
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
It's been time for Tambellini to go for a couple of seasons.

Next season the mantra is going to be 'aiming for the playoffs' when realistically, we should be challenging for the division crown next year. 5 years into a rebuild and we can't make the playoffs. Seriously, half a decade to only make the playoffs.

It's funny, season 2-3 of the rebuild when people were happy tanking, every time it was brought up that we've been historically bad and it's not acceptable, it was always Pittsburgh and Chicago brought up. Oh look, they sucked for this long, and look where they are now! Those comparisons aren't really brought up anymore, and if anything it's more "I love our kids, but they aren't Toews or Kane".

The most telling thing to me is that, 4 seasons into the rebuild, we're talking about addressing the culture change in the offseason. We need more heart. We need guys who give it 150% every night. We need guys who play physical. You'd think with the ineptness the team that brought us Hall, that'd be the first thing the morons up stairs would address.

We got the **** kicked out of us by a Calgary team that has maybe, maybe, 6 NHL players that would be able to crack a playoff team roster. That has to be the most pathetic loss this year.

We're also getting perilously close to the point where adding another top draft pick may **** up our future salary cap and depth. High end talent costs money. Continually adding top-10 picks (6 years in a row this year!) isn't going to come cheap unless they underachieve.
Who were the last 5 in a row? I only count 4 in a row.

As for comparisons to other rebuilds, those never were very close. We are going to end up having only 2-3 players off our roster from when this rebuild started. That's how much this team sucked when we started, and there still needs to be a bunch of them gutted.

I'm as frustrated as anyone after this Flames loss and 5 game losing streak. I guess I can see why Renney wasn't willing to give the kids the top minutes last year as they still aren't ready for them on a game to game basis.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:08 AM
  #316
mactforcoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Drayton Valley Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Havent you had to renew already?

When is the deadline?

Isnt it well before July 1st?
I think in late May they ask for 10% to hold things and you need to be fully paid by late Sept. We already have 50% of next year paid due to the lockout.

Problem with letting the seats go is that you can't help but think that a team with all this young talent is going to break out soon. It just needs a GM who can pick up the much needed bottom 6 and 1 or 2 D-Men. I don't think Tambo is that guy and if he pisses away this summer the team will start going backwards.

mactforcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:17 AM
  #317
Ol' Jase
No mas, Adam. No mas
 
Ol' Jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,647
vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
So the main rebuild defenders are in hiding. Edmonton is going to set the bar for worst rebuild in cap era history.

How many freebies does Tambo need? He's at 4 gonna be at 5 after this season.
I've been a rebuild defender for sure, and I was embarrassed to walk out of Rexall on Saturday night. Absolutely embarrassed.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
  #318
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
I've been a rebuild defender for sure, and I was embarrassed to walk out of Rexall on Saturday night. Absolutely embarrassed.
Totally agreed. I don't make it to many games, and that one was aweful.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.