HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who does Mac T trade

Old
04-15-2013, 03:25 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Trading Yakupov would be a mistake. He has a ton of passion and talent. Almost Hall-esque
Trading Eberle would be a mistake. He's a great complimentary players very similar to Seguin.
Trading Hemsky is the smart move. He is likely to be moved.
Trading Gagner is hit or miss. If we find a great solution for our 2C then yes, it's a good move. If we trade him for some gritty winger or a 2nd pairing D it just opens another hole wide open.

Trades don't seem like a possibility. It's no secret about what we need. We have no real leverage to make it happen and no club is going to be doing us a favor, either.

That leaves UFA, of which the pool looks like it will stink this year. Not much to be happy about. MacT has his work cut out for him.
hate to tell you

the oilers will be mioving one of Hall, Eberle. Yak or the nuge to aaddress the needs the oilers have--a guy like Hemsky wont get the oilers what they need. Gagner is the wild card and may get moved due to his contract demands this off season

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:26 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Wow! Two great proposals. This will definitely help the Oilers in getting Ekblad or Reinhart next season.
Tinordi will be ready by next year most likely. Eller has been outstanding this year - not to mention he'd be your perfect long term #2, 2 way centre. Diaz is a great PP performer and has been great on our top PP unit at the start of the year and led d-men in points for a while. Let alone the fact that he's been good defensively to complement it.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
And the Rangers would be adding what ??
Nothing because we're not moving Del Zotto for a non-elite forward.

TheRightWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Djp

Edmonton has to trade one of the top 4 to get anything in return.

I think they could make a deal with Boston who is looking to unload cap space and possible get Lucic, Peverley, and Boychuk in a deal.

They also could move their 1st and Paaj

You cant get a #1 Dman wht the team needs to do is look around at teams with young Dmen who have some upside but are trapped by vets and go and tray to aquire them.

Depending on what Buffalo does with Vanek and Miller, they could be a serious player with Edmonton if they were willing to move Hall, Eberle, or Yakupov

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Gagner will be the first one traded.
Spector said he has spoken to Mactavish over the last few years and said "Gagner will be moved in the summer"

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:29 PM
armandh01

Offersheet Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk at the same time in hopes to get 1.

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:32 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
The Oilers need to get younger so trading Hemsky is a given.
Lets take a look at the top ten scorers for the oilers

Hall-20
Gagner-23
Eberle-22
Yak-18
Nuge-19
Hemsky 29
Schultz-23
Whitney-29
MAggs-21
Horcoff 33

One guy in the top ten is over 30 and only 3 are over 24 and you want them to get younger

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:32 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I think the Oilers will trade almost anyone not named Taylor Hall before they trade Eberle.
They will not trade RNH . Mark my words on that

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
hate to tell you

the oilers will be mioving one of Hall, Eberle. Yak or the nuge to aaddress the needs the oilers have--a guy like Hemsky wont get the oilers what they need. Gagner is the wild card and may get moved due to his contract demands this off season
Hate to tell you but no they wont. RNH is the franchise center, Hall and Eberle just signed long term and Yak at times looks like he could be a 40 goal scorer in a couple years. The major issue the Oilers face is finding out if Dubie can be a legit number one.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:35 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Edmonton has to trade one of the top 4 to get anything in return.

I think they could make a deal with Boston who is looking to unload cap space and possible get Lucic, Peverley, and Boychuk in a deal.

They also could move their 1st and Paaj

You cant get a #1 Dman wht the team needs to do is look around at teams with young Dmen who have some upside but are trapped by vets and go and tray to aquire them.

Depending on what Buffalo does with Vanek and Miller, they could be a serious player with Edmonton if they were willing to move Hall, Eberle, or Yakupov
Hall is the best of the young kids in Edmonton he goes no where . He is in the same boat as RNH

Old
04-15-2013, 03:35 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Hate to tell you but no they wont.
Damn so a full decade of top 5 picks then?

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
He won't trade any of the young kids unless it's worth it. I have a feeling he's going to be busy though. Gagner could potentially be traded I think, which wouldn't have happened under Tambo.
Gagner is a Mac type player. The bounces don't always go his way but he rarely takes a shift off, goes in the dirty areas (some troll will post one stupid youtube clip that summarizes Gagner in his eyes). He's become a leader at 23 years old.
Whitney, and Jones won't be back. Belanger will retire or be bought out.
Horcoff is the only solid 3rd liner we have. Smyth and Brown are fine for the 4th, not sure if Smithson is worth bringing back or not. It's only been 4 games

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:39 PM
TheNuge

Trading eberle would be just down right stupid...
Been one of the best and consistent oilers over the last few years... Compliments hall very well...

In my mind.... Hall, eberle, rnh, yakupov, j Schultz, gagner are the untouchables to this point...

The oilers have cap space to play with.. Adding a solid defenseman ( Jake gardiner, Tyler myers etc)

And a couple solid 3rd or 4th line heroes not named Ryan smyth.. I'm thinking a Troy Brouwer, Matt Hendricks, jay mcclement type players

TheNuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:40 PM
capitalsrock

Kulikov, Bjugstad for Eberle

capitalsrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Kulikov, Bjugstad for Eberle
If I were Florida I wouldn't do that.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I always like Mac T glad to have him back .

Listening to Him address the media . I think one of Edmonton young high end players are going to get dealt . I think it comes down to 2 players Yakupov or Eberle . My guess would be Eberle .

What can we get for Eberle ? What is your team willing to Offer ? Remember Eberle was playing with a broken finger this year . With that in mind it would be expected thats his offence would be down .

Edmonton needs
#1 D
#2 C with size , grit , a two way game , Can win FO , has some offence ability
our bottom 6 needs a complete do over .
a 1b goalie to push DD or to take his job

Other piece available are Hemsky , lets not bash him and I am not an Oiler fan that things he going to bring in other teams top players . Sam Gagner , Omark , not much value if any Possible the 2013 1st depending where we are drafting , 2 2nd rd pick 2013 , 2014 1st prospects expect Klefbom
If any of the big 4 were to move, it would probably be Yakupov or RNH based on what MacT said....

They're looking for a big tough top 6 guy who can support the softer guys. I would think Eberle and Hall would be the 2 they want to keep.

One would have to think Yakupov is the one that will be dangled. Probably for a legit #2/3 Dman with potential to be a #1. Along the lines of a MDZ, Staal, Shattenkirk, etc.

Not that any of those guys are actually available, but they would be the targets IMO.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Trading eberle would be just down right stupid...
Been one of the best and consistent oilers over the last few years... Compliments hall very well...

In my mind.... Hall, eberle, rnh, yakupov, j Schultz, gagner are the untouchables to this point...

The oilers have cap space to play with.. Adding a solid defenseman ( Jake gardiner, Tyler myers etc)

And a couple solid 3rd or 4th line heroes not named Ryan smyth.. I'm thinking a Troy Brouwer, Matt Hendricks, jay mcclement type players
Yes and how do we get a good Defenseman with out trading one of are young forwards . I can see team lining up to hand us over their good young D for Hemsky
Gagner , Hemsky and Eberle is my bet who will be gone this off season or next . Eberle is a question mark as he and Hall are tight and MacT may not want to piss off Hall

Old
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

If MacT trades any of the big 5 without getting a better fit star back, I'm probably done with this team.

I think it's far more likely that guys like Hemsky, Gagner or Paajarvi could be out.

Remember, it's only on HF that young stars are required in every deal. The real NHL doesn't work that way.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PETRYDISH

One of Yakupov/Eberle gets trade, Pajaarvi, Gagner, Hemsky, our 1st this year, prospects such as Marincin, Hartikainen, Lander. Anything should be on the table to get this team more experienced and hard working. Its dreadfully obvious that we have a lack of competitiveness and veteran leadership. Not nearly enough grit and our top players are all skilled individuals, we need more of a mix of talent and size. We may lose most of our trades in order to find balance, so high risk is going to be involved but it's gotta happen.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Neatman

Absolutely no way any of the big 4 are traded this season. Eberle's production has dropped (likely due to injury), but he will hopefully rebound next year. The 3 1st overalls are absolutely no goes. I could see Eberle being dealt in the future.

Contrary to hf belief, Edmonton does have a number of solid pieces to deal other than the big 4 though.

Imo they roughly stand pat with trades and work mostly through UFA signings this summer. Like Mac T himself said, talk is cheap, and it would be stupid to try to make big moves this summer.

Edit: Im absolutely amazed at how many people think one of the "big 4" will be moved this year.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Eberle's a great player. Could see him being moved for an impact D-man.

04-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Take David Booth for a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
umwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Offersheet Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk at the same time in hopes to get 1.
Not allowed. While you have an offer sheet active you may not have another that would give up the same picks.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PETRYDISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Absolutely no way any of the big 4 are traded this season. Eberle's production has dropped (likely due to injury), but he will hopefully rebound next year. The 3 1st overalls are absolutely no goes. I could see Eberle being dealt in the future.

Contrary to hf belief, Edmonton does have a number of solid pieces to deal other than the big 4 though.

Imo they roughly stand pat with trades and work mostly through UFA signings this summer. Like Mac T himself said, talk is cheap, and it would be stupid to try to make big moves this summer.
I don't think we will be successful in the UFA market. I can't see it happening, but that's just my opinion.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:48 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
If any of the big 4 were to move, it would probably be Yakupov or RNH based on what MacT said....

They're looking for a big tough top 6 guy who can support the softer guys. I would think Eberle and Hall would be the 2 they want to keep.

One would have to think Yakupov is the one that will be dangled. Probably for a legit #2/3 Dman with potential to be a #1. Along the lines of a MDZ, Staal, Shattenkirk, etc.

Not that any of those guys are actually available, but they would be the targets IMO.
So trade our #1 centre . Not going to happen . The Nuge will be here . Yakpov will be better then Eberle .