HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who does Mac T trade

Old
04-15-2013, 03:48 PM
umwoz

vCash: 500
Dustin Byfuglien in a packaged deal?

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Trading eberle would be just down right stupid...
Been one of the best and consistent oilers over the last few years... Compliments hall very well...

In my mind.... Hall, eberle, rnh, yakupov, j Schultz, gagner are the untouchables to this point...

The oilers have cap space to play with.. Adding a solid defenseman ( Jake gardiner, Tyler myers etc)

And a couple solid 3rd or 4th line heroes not named Ryan smyth.. I'm thinking a Troy Brouwer, Matt Hendricks, jay mcclement type players
You don't aquire a Gardiner, or a Myers without giving up one of the 6 you mentioned.

Especially the likes of Gagner, he simply cannot be on your untouchable list if your hoping to add a Dman with the potential like Gards/Myers. Just doesn't happen.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:51 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
I don't think we will be successful in the UFA market. I can't see it happening, but that's just my opinion.
I think we can be this year as teams with cap problems will be buying out players and trading players for draft picks and prospects to get under the new cap . This year cap space can be as valuable as first rd picks . I can see some very good players becoming available

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:54 PM
OilerFan4Life

None of the big 4 are going.

Gagner, PRV, and this years 1st are the trade chips.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:55 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Absolutely no way any of the big 4 are traded this season. Eberle's production has dropped (likely due to injury), but he will hopefully rebound next year. The 3 1st overalls are absolutely no goes. I could see Eberle being dealt in the future.

Contrary to hf belief, Edmonton does have a number of solid pieces to deal other than the big 4 though.

Imo they roughly stand pat with trades and work mostly through UFA signings this summer. Like Mac T himself said, talk is cheap, and it would be stupid to try to make big moves this summer.

Edit: Im absolutely amazed at how many people think one of the "big 4" will be moved this year.
I doubt that any are moved either. But, I would not say that it is not possible. The team has too many small skilled forwards and needs help on defence. I could see Eberle being moved but like I said it is unlikely.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post

To me PRV seems to be Mac T type of player good defensively . Just like Mac was

Old
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Silfverberg Snipes

vCash: 477
I don't think Oilers fans realize how much money is going to be locked up if they keep the big four.
Long term each of them will be commanding 6 mill easily if they love up to the hype. Say goodbye to any depth.

Silfverberg Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
TheNuge

The cap loaded teams who have to offload to make the cap requirements will trade players for picks and prospects...

In theory you don't have to touch the big 5 but if any had to go I would choose yak, when hall nuge and ebs have a pace that can control another team in the offensive zone.. I find yakupov to float and circle like ovechkin except he isn't ovechkin :p

TheNuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
So trade our #1 centre . Not going to happen . The Nuge will be here . Yakpov will be better then Eberle .
Yes? As MacT said the Oilers need to get a lot tougher in there top 6 in order to contend with the big teams they'll be against next year and beyond.

If they can move RNH for a big tough Center similar to Kopitar or Getzlaf, they might do it.

Yakupov may or may not be better then Eberle, doesn't meant anything. If you can get a good return for Yakupov that brings back a very good Dman or a gritty top 6 winger, you do it. Milan Lucic or Marchand for example would be exactly what the Oilers need. Or a Bobby Ryan.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post

Those pieces don't bring back Dmen like Myers or Gardiner.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:02 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Eberle for a top pairing defenseman.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:02 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneiderman View Post
I don't think Oilers fans realize how much money is going to be locked up if they keep the big four.
Long term each of them will be commanding 6 mill easily if they love up to the hype. Say goodbye to any depth.
I do not think this is a issue . Horcoff 5.5 million takes care of one . Whitney is going , the has been of a goalie that lives on LTI is going . Eberle and Hall has already been signed . with those 3 going it takes care of RNH and Yakupov . Plus we still have cap space right now . to use to get the pieces . I still get a gut feeling and i am useably right on these that Eberle will be gone this off season or next .

Old
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
SterlingArcher

I don't feel we need to move yakupov or Eberle
xxx-RNH-Eberle. (Big left winger with size to create space and crash the net)
Hall-xxxx-Yakupov (Big centre with size who can create them space, ie Patrick Berglund I think)
Magnus-Horcoff-xxx (Horcoff stays unless bought out but put a RW there who has two way ability)
xxx-Smithson-Brown ( a guy opposite brown who does what he does but bigger)

I think if we add four pieces like that we should be alright? The pieces going out are via trade bout out or retirement(Smyth). Hopefully those pieces can either help add those players or add to our backed.

SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:08 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Yes? As MacT said the Oilers need to get a lot tougher in there top 6 in order to contend with the big teams they'll be against next year and beyond.

If they can move RNH for a big tough Center similar to Kopitar or Getzlaf, they might do it.

Yakupov may or may not be better then Eberle, doesn't meant anything. If you can get a good return for Yakupov that brings back a very good Dman or a gritty top 6 winger, you do it. Milan Lucic or Marchand for example would be exactly what the Oilers need. Or a Bobby Ryan.
Gagner will be the small centre out not RNH . I agree it could be Yakupov that gets moved . I just get the feeling it going to be Eberle . We will not know until it gets done until then we only can guess . Maybe he moves none and pick up the players we need this year when teams are force to buy out players to be under the cap . One thing is for centain he is not going to pay Gagner like the big 4 , so if Gagner contact demands are high say good bye

Old
04-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneiderman View Post
4 6+ Mil players that live up to the hype is a pretty nice position to be in.

Hall and RNH are 100% untouchable I would think. MAYBE if the right top pairing defensman (Think top 15 defensman in the league yes there value might not be that high but I think thats what we would want) was offered or if a high end center with size was offered would we think about moving Eberle or Yakupov (I'd rather move Eberle at this point)

Untouchable

Hall
RNH
Schultz

Only a crazy deal for the perfect player

Eberle
Yakupov

Chips

Hemsky
Petry
Gagner
Paajarvi
Likely Top 10 maybe Top 5 1st this year

Last edited by Happy Hallidays: 04-15-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Eberle for a top pairing D man.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Koto

eberle for a #2 dman.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Ice Whole

The first round pick is in play IMO. I also think Gagner, Hemsky and Paajarvi's days in Edmonton are numbered. Hopefully he can make this team competitive and harder to play against. He needs to build around the kid, not trade them unless it is an offer he can't refuse.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post

Ya, they do need to get bigger and tougher. Guess what? A lot of that change will come from the development of guys already in the line-up. All of Hall, RNH, and Yakupov hit. As they physically develop they will be plenty physical enough to hold their own. Eberle IS a guy that could be dealt, I just don't see it happening until next year at the earliest.

A big tough #2C will do. Hopkins will be an Elite #1C. Why on earth would you deal that just to get bigger and tougher??

Yakupov will become an elite #1RW. Youre welcome to disagree, that's just what I see from watching him play. Why would you deal an asset like that to just get bigger and tougher? Or for a "very good Dman"? All these assets youre talking about are things teams hold on to for at least 5 or 6 years so they have a very good idea of what they have. They're not going anywhere...

Youre right about the player types that Edmonton needs, but there is no way the 1st overalls are being dealt to get them. Either package deals will be made, or MacT will have to settle for lesser pieces that bring similar skill sets.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:16 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Whole View Post
The first round pick is in play IMO. I also think Gagner, Hemsky and Paajarvi's days in Edmonton are numbered. Hopefully he can make this team competitive and harder to play against. He needs to build around the kid, not trade them unless it is an offer he can't refuse.
This is true , but i do think one of the kids will go .

Old
04-15-2013, 04:17 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
eberle for a #2 dman.
This would be a very savvy move. You probably could have gotten a #1 this past summer, too bad.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:18 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

I can understand the desire to retain Hall, RNH and Yakupov. However, I would try and move Eberle or Gagner for a legit defenseman.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
This would be a very savvy move. You probably could have gotten a #1 this past summer, too bad.
His value may have dropped in your mind ,but most GM will understand he been playing injured . So his value should be about the same .

Old
04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
AwaKe

EDM 1st rounder 2013
for
Andrei Markov
MTL 1st rounder 2013
MTL 2nd rounder 2013

I would target Zach Fucale with the late first rounder and play Markov on the 1st PP unit. Having a shot at Drouin/Shinkaruk/Monahan/Gauthier would probably help convince Bergevin. As for MacT, I don't think he wants another top forward and im not really high on drafting d-man with top 10 picks.

AwaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Perro

They should look to get Yandle.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote