HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge V

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. Come visit our farm anytime! those wearing Yotes apparel get in WHEN SHTF.
You looking for any work on your farm? Serious question. I have a buddy and all he talks about is wanting a job out on a farm.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:43 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
You looking for any work on your farm? Serious question. I have a buddy and all he talks about is wanting a job out on a farm.
Does he work for free?

Old
04-10-2013, 02:47 PM
AndrewYotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. Come visit our farm anytime! those wearing Yotes apparel get in WHEN SHTF.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1454
I had ignored this story for a few days until I saw all the players involved:

Memorabilia dealer admits to altering famed $2.8 million Honus Wagner card

Quote:
Within the hobby, some have believed for years that Mastro trimmed the edges of his card, which was later owned by Wayne Gretzky and now belongs to Arizona Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick. Kendrick bought the card for $2.8 million in 2011.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...0451--mlb.html

Old
04-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
I try to stay away from the ownership debacle.

I don't really know a whole lot about it and I feel like trying to find out I'd just get frustrated with all the misinformation out there, and wouldn't really be able to tell the difference either. One source claims one thing whereas another claims the opposite, who am I to believe?

Just **** it. I'll just enjoy watching the team in the meantime, no need to worry about it.
I'm bringing this here because I don't want to go off topic in the ownership thread.

That is one good way to do it but then you have others like me who get that feeling of civic duty to inform others of what is going on in a world filled with misinfomation. There are lots of people around the world who read this board both members and non-members alike and do so because they feel that HFBoards is a reliable source for infomation and a place they know where someone who is knowlegable isn't afraid to take on those who don't know what they're talking about.

As far as those who scream about the need for others to be respectful no matter what; respect is and shall always be earned! I don't expect every single person I come across to be a scholar and not even the smartest man in the world knows everything. However, I'm going to have more respect for those who admit there are things they don't know about and are willing to learn vs those who shoot their mouths off pretending to know everything when in reality they don't. It's so sad to see how others would rather play the victim, use the strawman arguement, let things go in one ear and out the other instead of learning.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight!

I know some of you will ask this: But what if that person has a disability that either prevents them from learing to a high degree or learning something at all? I don't fault things on people they have because of factors beyond their control. But if something one has is the result of something NOT beyond the control of the individual is another.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

2 explosions reported near the finishline of the Boston Marthon

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15...pokesman-says/

Oh my!

Old
04-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Looking at the footage of what took place is really ****ed up. At least 3 are reported to have died in this and at least 1 explosive device has been found before it could go off. No one knows at this time who is responsible.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Its twitter so what do I know but I heard that some of the Newtown families were in a VIP section next to the explosions. Six more people are critical including those that required amputations. I took a look at a picture...wish I didnt.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Bruins game has been cancelled for tonight.

I also guess that their is some reason to think the Johnson's flight might be affected by this since their connection is through Boston.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:08 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Its twitter so what do I know but I heard that some of the Newtown families were in a VIP section next to the explosions. Six more people are critical including those that required amputations. I took a look at a picture...wish I didnt.
Welcome to my world. Let me know via PM if you need to chat. No macho bull **** either!

Old
04-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I took a look at a picture...wish I didnt.
There are things on the internet that cannot be unseen, be thankful this is the worst you've apparently experienced.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:02 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
There are things on the internet that cannot be unseen, be thankful this is the worst you've apparently experienced.
Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, a picture of some blood spatters or missing limbs is just scratching the surface.

Not really looking forward to the fallout of this particular incident. I'm sure it's just some local whacko who was disgruntled or wanted to make a point on tax day. At some point we are going to have to accept the fact that this sort of thing happens every now and then in a free society. Absolutely terrible for the families involved, but this isn't even a blip for the rest of the world. Can we realistically do anything to stop this sort of incident without entirely compromising our values? I doubt it. Whether you agree or not probably depends on whether or not you think the scanners and TSA at the airport keep you safe.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Yeah be careful when looking at pictures of the incident..

Absolutely disgusting what has happened..

Old
04-15-2013, 06:06 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Oh my God I just got home and heard the news, I hope those people in the hospital make it through.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Although what xx said is true.

To be honest, seeing amputated legs doesn't bother me one bit. It's the field I want to go into (EMS).

Old
04-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Not really looking forward to the fallout of this particular incident. I'm sure it's just some local whacko who was disgruntled or wanted to make a point on tax day. At some point we are going to have to accept the fact that this sort of thing happens every now and then in a free society. Absolutely terrible for the families involved, but this isn't even a blip for the rest of the world. Can we realistically do anything to stop this sort of incident without entirely compromising our values? I doubt it. Whether you agree or not probably depends on whether or not you think the scanners and TSA at the airport keep you safe.
You're spot on but unfortunately it seems people these days are more than willing to sacrifice liberty for the illusion of safety. What happened to today is horrible, it's tragic and I hope the people responsible are brought to justice but this should not be used as an excuse to instill more draconian restrictions on society.

While I'm ranting, probability needs to be a required course in high school, maybe then people wouldn't get so jumpy over **** that is insanely unlikely to happen to them.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:34 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
It didn't make me popular at work today, but I do think it's important to consider that 3 people dead is the rough equivalent of one DWI wreck.

Stiff upper lip, eh, America?

Old
04-16-2013, 01:38 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
It didn't make me popular at work today, but I do think it's important to consider that 3 people dead is the rough equivalent of one DWI wreck.

I'm a bit lost here. Are we comparing a DUI wreck to a terrorist attack???

Old
04-16-2013, 01:51 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Yeah that is a random analogy.

After that game and after today I have to go in selfish mode and geek up for the release of Injustice tomorrow.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:58 AM
zz

Quote:

Hmmmm... 3 deaths, 140 injured, 8 critical, at least 10 amputations. Because of a premeditated attack.

I understand the appeal of being the devil's advocate, it makes you feel all clever and all, but I have to say, this isn't funny at all. And trust me, I'm no crazy right-wing patriot.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:08 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
Hmmmm... 3 deaths, 140 injured, 8 critical, at least 10 amputations. Because of a premeditated attack.

I understand the appeal of being the devil's advocate, it makes you feel all clever and all, but I have to say, this isn't funny at all. And trust me, I'm no crazy right-wing patriot.
Happens about every 5 minutes in Syria.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:09 AM
moosemeister

Quote:
Yeah that is a random analogy.

After that game and after today I have to go in selfish mode and geek up for the release of Injustice tomorrow.
You're telling me. I'm having an all out tournament at my house tomorrow. 16 players. Winner gets their tat paid for. lol

Old
04-16-2013, 07:01 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post

Who's being funny?

It took the Fox news commentator yesterday about 20 minutes to start talking about "never forgetting where we were this day" and how this would "forever change the city of Boston" and I'm saying thankfully it wasn't that bad. How many people who weren't on the scene remember where they were for the Atlanta Olympic bombing? Did that "forever change Atlanta?"

Too early to speculate on the suspects or their motivation, but even if this is a socio/religious/political thing, where does it rate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...uary–June_2012

The world is a dangerous, dangerous place, and if people changed their habit patterns for everything like some will for this, nobody would ever leave the house. Keep calm and carry on, Boston ...

Old
04-16-2013, 01:11 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The media may be overblowing it (that's what they do) but this is a significant event. It's pure foolishness to believe otherwise.

Simply horrifying. Also, I've got to agree with NAURutger, here. When did the news start showing everything? I feel like I used to be protected from the pure gore by watching the news on television, rather than looking on the internet when something like this happened. Yesterday I'm watching CBS (or whatever) and I'm seeing guys with missing limbs, and pools of blood on the streets. I don't need that. I don't want that. I'm absolutely offended when I'm shown it. I don't offend easy. That does it, though. I guess everybody has a button to push. That's mine.

04-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Quote:
Who's being funny?

It took the Fox news commentator yesterday about 20 minutes to start talking about "never forgetting where we were this day" and how this would "forever change the city of Boston" and I'm saying thankfully it wasn't that bad. How many people who weren't on the scene remember where they were for the Atlanta Olympic bombing? Did that "forever change Atlanta?"

Too early to speculate on the suspects or their motivation, but even if this is a socio/religious/political thing, where does it rate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...uary–June_2012

The world is a dangerous, dangerous place, and if people changed their habit patterns for everything like some will for this, nobody would ever leave the house. Keep calm and carry on, Boston ...
LOLwut?

Closed Thread