HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Part We Get Literally No Help

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

vCash: 500
hoping for COL to destroy Bob's stats

Old
04-15-2013, 10:24 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
no rooting for PHI or NJD. Bad mod. Bad.
Have to agree we have 2 games left against the Devils...as a 30+ year fan, when it comes to the Rangers, anything that can go wrong will..Devils are about 8 points from elimination...a loss tonight brings them down to 6

Old
04-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Oilers fire Tambo and replace him with Mac-T. Hilarious.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Apr 15, 2013 10:45a

#Leafs G James Reimer will start vs #NJDevils tonight. Maybe backup Ben Scrivens in Wsh vs. #Caps tomorrow?

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/WharnsbyCBC/statu...09210720714753
Lupul might be back for the Leafs.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Second verse... Same as the first.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:38 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Lets go Boston & Toronto tonight. Philly/mtl makes no difference. . I'd rather the Rangers try to get into that 6th spot. 5th place is guaranteed to play one of Boston/Montreal. Also you can never count out the Devils. I'd rather them be mathematically eliminated for those 2 games against us.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
That's like firing Tortorella and replacing him with Sullivan.

Oilers need to clean out their front office. The 1980's are over.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:14 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Devils need to lose what? 4 games to be out of the hunt?

Old
04-15-2013, 01:14 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

How can the Oilers STILL be so bad? So many top picks, so little wins.

**** the NHL and the system that rewards tanking as a way to quickly rebuild. It makes me happy when teams can't even do that the right way.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

**** the NHL and the system that rewards tanking as a way to quickly rebuild. It makes me happy when teams can't even do that the right way.
Because they've been breeding a losing environment. Everyone, from their ownership to their fan base, has been riding the hype-train on this "rebuild" for years. In reality, aside from stockpiling draft picks and picking #1 overall year after year, they've done almost nothing to better their franchise. Elite teams aren't simply built off of top draft picks. You need to develop a supporting cast, or at least make moves to bring those players in from outside of the organization. Edmonton hasn't done that. Tambellini was more concerned with getting media attention over who to take #1 than he was in bringing in pieces to build a contender.

Even their fans have spent the last 4 years dangling #1 picks in the faces of other fans while acting like it was some incredible accomplishment. At least when Pittsburgh tanked they managed to draft some players that did something other than score goals.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Even their fans have spent the last 4 years dangling #1 picks in the faces of other fans while acting like it was some incredible accomplishment. At least when Pittsburgh tanked they managed to draft some players that did something other than score goals.
This is the part that bothered me. The references to "The Big Four" this summer, before Yakupov had ever played an NHL game, and how they were going to be unbeatable because I guess he was supposed to be their missing piece.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Oilers have no grit in their top 6 at all. Imagine what a team like Boston would do to them.

I hope Justin Schultz enjoys his time in Edmonton.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I will not be surprised if they find a way to make **** interesting. I bet they even come close to clawing their way in.

It's great all these teams are getting on hot streaks, correct me if I'm mistaken but in a regular season this would be the about the halfway mark? where teams tends to go on runs then fizzle out again. All these analysts saying watch out for this or that team and I'm talking bottom feeders on a hot streaks should remember that most teams go on a mini runs at least one point in the season. I'm not saying to count them out but the usual suspects will remain the strong team come playoffs. Though it'd be great to see CBJ make the playoffs.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:44 PM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
Lets go Boston & Toronto tonight. Philly/mtl makes no difference. . I'd rather the Rangers try to get into that 6th spot. 5th place is guaranteed to play one of Boston/Montreal. Also you can never count out the Devils. I'd rather them be mathematically eliminated for those 2 games against us.
I kinda hate to say but I would root for Montreal to lose and for Boston to take over the 2 seed in the East. It is more likely that we will take the 6th-8th seed than the 5th seed. In that case I just don't want any part of playing in Montreal which could very be the case if we took the 7th seed. Boston is a good team and not slighting them, but we definitely match up much better against Boston.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
This is the part that bothered me. The references to "The Big Four" this summer, before Yakupov had ever played an NHL game, and how they were going to be unbeatable because I guess he was supposed to be their missing piece.
It's annoying, but I couldn't help but laugh at it. The way Edmonton is building a team equates to building out a LS9 Corvette engine with new headers, exhaust and a supercharger, and then bolting the thing to a go-cart. None of the other pieces are there to support "the big four" and you're left with something that does 0-60 in 2 seconds but kills the driver when you finally try and race the thing.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:59 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Oilers have no grit in their top 6 at all. Imagine what a team like Boston would do to them.

I hope Justin Schultz enjoys his time in Edmonton.
The team has been a mess for a while now. And the talk of how many first round picks they have and all the excitement of the next future superstar youngster every draft has gotten old.

And the predictions by some fans that they're going to become like high-scoring teams of the past like the 90s Penguins are a joke as well (I won't even discuss the asinine talk of growing into a dynasty). Even if you take out the two championship teams in 91 and 92, the mid-late 90s Penguins at least made the playoffs and won some rounds. These recent Oilers squads don't even do that. No defense, no goaltending, no grit, no veteran presence, no playoffs.

If you walked a successful GM like Lamoriello or Holland into that front office, his head would probably explode after about five minutes of watching Lowe & Company run their hockey team.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:22 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

It's not even like EDM is just held back by bad goaltending and a lack of depth, either. Their defense, even with all of these high picks, is hilarious.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Wow.

Someone bombed the boston marathon. That's ****ed up.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Probably more like 2.

Old
04-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

Yes, because clearly teams that are awarded have great success. See Atlanta, Edmonton.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Leetch66

Bruin game cancelled for tonight .

Old
04-15-2013, 04:52 PM
NYR2007

put all my v cash on montreal and minnesota

Old
04-15-2013, 05:08 PM
NYRSchrute217

It seems like a lot of Oilers fans are on Jordan Eberle's case. Not a big trade proposal guy but maybe they'd take a deal around Girardi, Miller and a pick for him. Gives them a top pairing defenseman and top prospect that makes them deeper down the middle. The Rangers get a winger with top line potential that's already had a 75 point year. Torts can straighten out his defensive game and we'll have a winger to play with Stepan and Nash, or put on the 2nd line to play with Richards and make the offense a lot deeper as a whole.

Is this deal at least a bit realistic?

Old
04-15-2013, 05:23 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
It seems like a lot of Oilers fans are on Jordan Eberle's case. Not a big trade proposal guy but maybe they'd take a deal around Girardi, Miller and a pick for him. Gives them a top pairing defenseman and top prospect that makes them deeper down the middle. The Rangers get a winger with top line potential that's already had a 75 point year. Torts can straighten out his defensive game and we'll have a winger to play with Stepan and Nash, or put on the 2nd line to play with Richards and make the offense a lot deeper as a whole.

Is this deal at least a bit realistic?
Yes, more right wingers.

Don't really want Eberle, even with his reputation as being clutch. Last year will be an aberration, he had extremely easy zone starts and a ridiculously unsustainable shot percentage.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:25 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Yes, more right wingers.

Don't really want Eberle, even with his reputation as being clutch. Last year will be an aberration, he had extremely easy zone starts and a ridiculously unsustainable shot percentage.
I agree with you about his shooting percentage but if he came here he would develop into a much more well rounded player. Also, he's a righty shot, so he could possibly move to the off wing and make his game even better. I don't see why he couldn't reach 70-85 points regularly.

Closed Thread