HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Should the Habs get Stortini to play on our 4th line instead of Moen ?
Lol, no... Moen can at least play hockey (although we know he's not been good this season). Stortini can only fight.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:45 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Lol, no... Moen can at least play hockey (although we know he's not been good this season). Stortini can only fight.
Stortini even sucks at fighting

Old
04-15-2013, 12:05 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
How has Kristo been?

I see he has 3 assists in 5 games. Not bad?
He's been ok so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
What is the coaching situation like in Hamilton moving forward? I'd love to see the team pick up Chuck Weber as HC if they fire this guy.
I'd assume they won't make any changes. For most of the season the Dogs have been last in the league, last in goals scored and last place for the PP. Watching the PP is downright painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
After 6 games, Hudon has 17 shots, Kristo has 4 shots. Both goal scorers whose job it is to get the puck to the net. Unfortunately I haven't seen any of these games. Is Hudon doing the job that much better than Kristo, or are the numbers misleading?
Hudon has been very impressive, Kristo has played well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
such a horrid game from Hamilton, one of the worst I've seen to be honest. they had a powerplay at one point that barely managed to gain the offensive zone.

Kristo has the tools but seemed pretty frustrated all game long.

Tinordi on the other hand is very composed and is an impressive skater for a man of his size.

Hudon was pretty good, very quick skater but very light on his skates, got knocked off the puck very easily, might be intriguing once he adds muscle.

Holland was also one of the few bright spots.

Pateryn and Stejskal were surprisingly solid.

I think Louis Leblanc might be a complete bust. A sports psychologist would do wonders for him.
that was a standard game for Hamilton sadly.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Stortini even sucks at fighting
Stortini even sucks at hugging.

How does one even suck at hugging I don't know, but I do know he's not very good at it.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I really doubt bergevin fires lefebvre. He put a lot of emphasis on having a team dynamic, just can't see him dismissing someone so soon.
Lefebvre is seriously the worst coach I have seen as a bulldog coach since the habs took over...

The quote from last week about Vail not playing because the dogs' were still in the playoff hunt is the most stupid I have heard from a pro coach.

You are 100% sure to miss the playoff dumbass at least give your youth some experience.

The downfall from Leblanc is also a big concern.

Yes the bulldogs had a very young team but to see our young player get better at the NHL than at the AHL level should tell you that there might be some problem down there.

Anyway if he is there next year he is lucky because at any pro level to finish last in your respective league is an instant fire.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Lefebvre is seriously the worst coach I have seen as a bulldog coach since the habs took over...

The quote from last week about Vail not playing because the dogs' were still in the playoff hunt is the most stupid I have heard from a pro coach.

You are 100% sure to miss the playoff dumbass at least give your youth some experience.

Yes the bulldogs had a very young team but to see our young player get better at the NHL than at the AHL level should tell you that there might be some problem down there.

Anyway if he is there next year he is lucky because at any pro level to finish last in your respective league is an instant fire.
Then, you'll have people saying that Gallagher was ready due to his stint in the AHL. That most kids who was called up looked okay thanks to the coaching. Honestly, if he'd be THAT terrible, management would have noticed. We will see how they handle that in the summer.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:11 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

I'd assume they won't make any changes. For most of the season the Dogs have been last in the league, last in goals scored and last place for the PP. Watching the PP is downright painful.
Oh so I guess it's the team's fault, not the coaching? I suppose that's an effect of having a super young team. From what I've heard Lefebvre isn't a very good coach, although I couldn't judge that on my own; I haven't watched the team since the early days of PK Subban.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

He must be doing something right, the kids that have been promoted have done pretty well on average, some of them being only 20(Gallagher Tinordi Beaulieu).

Old
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Then, you'll have people saying that Gallagher was ready due to his stint in the AHL. That most kids who was called up looked okay thanks to the coaching. Honestly, if he'd be THAT terrible, management would have noticed. We will see how they handle that in the summer.
Well, those people would be wrong. Dead wrong. Gallagher learned nothing in Hamilton. He played the same way in Hamilton as he does in Montreal & as he did in Vancouver during his junior career. Please don't tell me that Gallagher's play has anything to do with the coaching in Hamilton. That's a ridiculous comment. Ferraro on TSN has been vaunting Gallagher since he went to the National junior team and has said on a number of occasions that's the way this kid has always played. So please don't give any credit to the staff in Hamilton.

During the lock out I watched all the Bulldogs games & I came on this forum to moan about the atrocious coaching down there. Something tells me Lefevre is implementing a system he doesn't completely believe in or doesn't completely understand. But he does it because it has been mandated from Montreal. The Bulldogs have looked all year like the Habs have looked the last two games. Part of the problem may be the lack of veterans on the team but i would say the bigger problem is the coaching.

Old
04-16-2013, 09:01 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He must be doing something right, the kids that have been promoted have done pretty well on average, some of them being only 20(Gallagher Tinordi Beaulieu).
Gallagher's play has nothing to do with the coaching in Hamilton. Tinordi played what 4 games & he's back down and Beaulieu will follow as soon as Diaz is back.

Old
04-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You know those are not ordinary talents right? The great coaches will take ordinary players and make them good. That remains to be seen also we could use the logic that the team is so bad at hamilton its just a lot easier in here... see patrick roy was in an abysmal junior team and some people said it helped him since he was smalling burned rubber... oh well does that mean the coach is good? I credit the great players who either almost made the team from juniors (gallagher) and 2 first round highly rated pick than that coach.. there is absotlutely no excuse for such a bad record... too young? Yet those players make an impact on an nhl team? Something is just not normal..

Old
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Oh so I guess it's the team's fault, not the coaching? I suppose that's an effect of having a super young team. From what I've heard Lefebvre isn't a very good coach, although I couldn't judge that on my own; I haven't watched the team since the early days of PK Subban.
I wouldn't say that. I'd blame them all. MB, the coaching staff and the players. I've seen most of Hamilton's games this year, they do consistently work hard which is good to see but they are also no fun to watch at all (not counting the recent additions as I can't wait to see Collberg) But watching them night in and night out try to create offense, especially on the PP can make one want to pull his or her eyes out.

The coaching staff has to take a lot of blame since the team is in last place, they have scored an insanely low amount of goals (150ish) and they PP has been at the bottom of the league. So I understand that they lack talent but when your in last and you can't score, fingers are going to be pointed and rightly so imo.

MB did bring in Tenute which was good but the idea to go with almost all rookies on defense was a questionable one at the start of the year and it backfired at least in the sense that the team is the worst in the league.

Then there's the players, Leblanc, Palushaj (when he was there), St-Denis, all have had down years after being among the best players on the team last season. Of course the injuries to the vets really hurt but at the end of the day it just hasn't gone very well in Hamilton so fans are not going to be happy.

But I assume that MB will not make any changes, just a guess on my part though so we'll see what happens.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:43 PM
finman8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
It can happen to NHL goalies too.
Did happen to NHL goalies the very next night, then price again the following night. Only tokarski doesn't make 6.5 per year, give the kid a break, he,s still been amazing since coming to Hamilton you have to admit. Happens to all goalies once in a while, no matter how good they are.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:40 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by finman8 View Post
Did happen to NHL goalies the very next night, then price again the following night. Only tokarski doesn't make 6.5 per year, give the kid a break, he,s still been amazing since coming to Hamilton you have to admit. Happens to all goalies once in a while, no matter how good they are.
That is in fact what I was saying, with a bit of irony. Good post.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:35 PM
hogtownhabsfan

The hell Tinordi still in Hamilton? He's our top D prospect, plays a similar game to Emelin whose injury has started the issues, and his toughness and size and defensive play is what we need more of, not soft Beaulieu and Weber getting deeked out of their pants...

Old
04-17-2013, 03:57 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
The hell Tinordi still in Hamilton? He's our top D prospect, plays a similar game to Emelin whose injury has started the issues, and his toughness and size and defensive play is what we need more of, not soft Beaulieu and Weber getting deeked out of their pants...
I thought it was strange that Beaulieu got called up over Tinordi, I do know that during the pre-game the Dogs play by play said that the Habs wanted a puck moving D to recall.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:05 PM
hogtownhabsfan

Quote:
I thought it was strange that Beaulieu got called up over Tinordi, I do know that during the pre-game the Dogs play by play said that the Habs wanted a puck moving D to recall.
I'm sure the thinking was someone who could man the 2nd PP unit, but Tinordi is good enough 5on5 to allow Subban and Markov to play most of it. Subban has the gas to play the full 2, we are talking about the point of a PP here, hardly a major exertion of energy...

Old
04-18-2013, 12:31 PM
wally weir

Do we have any ideas what the lines will be like for this weekend's games ?

Old
04-18-2013, 12:44 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I too was shocked when Beaulieu got the call. But if you take into consideration that they wanted a puck-moving D, it made sense. I didn't think it was what they were after in the first place.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:15 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I too was shocked when Beaulieu got the call. But if you take into consideration that they wanted a puck-moving D, it made sense. I didn't think it was what they were after in the first place.
well obviously once it was suggested that the Habs asked for a puck moving D that it would be Beaulieu since he's the best puck mover in Hamilton by far. I just didn't think that's what they would want since Emelin went down I figured they would want someone physical and solid in their own end.

Even though Hamilton can be tough to watch, pumped for the weekend to see Collberg for 3 games. Exciting to see what I consider our 3 best forward prospects (Kristo/Collberg/Hudon) all playing on the same team even if it's just for 3 games.

Old
04-18-2013, 04:34 PM
zzoo

Quote:
well obviously once it was suggested that the Habs asked for a puck moving D that it would be Beaulieu since he's the best puck mover in Hamilton by far. I just didn't think that's what they would want since Emelin went down I figured they would want someone physical and solid in their own end.

Even though Hamilton can be tough to watch, pumped for the weekend to see Collberg for 3 games. Exciting to see what I consider our 3 best forward prospects (Kristo/Collberg/Hudon) all playing on the same team even if it's just for 3 games.
There are only 3 games left ? This week-end is the last one ?

Old
04-18-2013, 04:52 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
There are only 3 games left ? This week-end is the last one ?
Yes, 3 in 3 starting Friday and it's over.

Habs Prospects website
Old
04-18-2013, 10:37 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:

I know can not wait

Old
04-19-2013, 02:47 PM
S Bah

I sure hope that Bournival and Holland aren't still injured,that would leave the Bulldogs in a really tough spot.Looking forward to the games this weekend, I just don't want any injuries to the prospects.

Old
04-19-2013, 04:23 PM
zzoo

Man, I wish that Dogs could make playoff, so we could follow Hudon, Kristo, Collberg and Vail.
We still have a chance to make playoff........ according to Lefebvre

Closed Thread