HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Apparently one of the dead is an 8 year-old boy.

Gotta love how some people contort **** in their own sick, uneducated mind.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

I still haven't found the right words to properly describe how I feel about the morons who did this. But I think you have summed up atleast one part of it.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

And in hockey news, here's Andrei Kostitsyn keeping his team alive in the KHL finals.
Solid playoff beard

I miss AK.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:

You don't have to be uneducated to be a murderer. The best criminals are the smart ones who can cover their tracks.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:09 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Oh, I agree. I just meant because Lowe and Burke have a history of dislike towards one another.
Ya you are right, it is probably just a case of two total opposite personalities clashing aswell. One is outspoken, blunt and in your face while the other passive aggressive and works behind your back.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
You don't have to be uneducated to be a murderer. The best criminals are the smart ones who can cover their tracks.
Just because you're book smart doesn't mean you're smart enough to know that contorting the words of Islam, or killing dark haired women because a chick turned you down is wrong.

Not trying to debate, or saying the people aren't smart. Ted Bundy was pretty smart, but this has a sense of interpreting things to your own understanding and thinking that's right and everything else is wrong gives me the sense of someone who is very uneducated/ very ignorant.

The fact remains the same, though. It's a very tragic day in Boston and the bottom line is, no matter how you view the person (or people) who did this our brothers and sisters in Boston need all the support in this time.

If I tweeted I'd try to get #BandofBrothers going, but I don't tweet and it leaves out the women who were affected as well.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

I expressed my horror at the act and my sympathy for the victims, their families, and the onlookers at the scene. One of my sons worked at the World Financial Center in New York, just yards away from one of the Twin Towers that was destroyed on September 11, 2003. He escaped chunks of concrete the size of automobiles as he left the building.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Damn man, what the **** is wrong with this country? Americans have so many problems that need to be solved!

01h00 Il y a plus de 110 blessés. Selon les dernières informations, une des deux victimes était un enfant de 8 ans.

I don't know what to say. This is so wrong. Why people do this ****? We don't need this.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Damn man, what the **** is wrong with this country? Americans have so many problems that need to be solved!

01h00 Il y a plus de 110 blessés. Selon les dernières informations, une des deux victimes était un enfant de 8 ans.

I don't know what to say. This is so wrong. Why people do this ****? We don't need this.
It is terrible, sad, unacceptable. My thoughts are with the victims and their relatives.

And now imagine that this happens every single day in Syria, Irak and Afghanistan.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Just because you're book smart doesn't mean you're smart enough to know that contorting the words of Islam, or killing dark haired women because a chick turned you down is wrong.

Not trying to debate, or saying the people aren't smart. Ted Bundy was pretty smart, but this has a sense of interpreting things to your own understanding and thinking that's right and everything else is wrong gives me the sense of someone who is very uneducated/ very ignorant.
Being ethical and following said code of ethics is not a matter of education in school sense, but rather a combination of genetics and environmental "programming"(including, but not limited to, parenting, culture, etc).

And thinking your right while everyone else is wrong is something every human is vulnerable of falling into.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Shred

In other news, Toronto shows again how they are probably the luckiest team in the league by winning with 13 shots, 8 in the 3rd.

Also, Ben Hanowski played his first NHL game and scored his first. That Iginla trade is already paying off for Calgary... Feaster a genius??

Old
04-16-2013, 12:22 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Being ethical and following said code of ethics is not a matter of education in school sense, but rather a combination of genetics and environmental "programming"(including, but not limited to, parenting, culture, etc).

And thinking your right while everyone else is wrong is something every human is vulnerable of falling into.
The word you are looking for here is conditioning.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Bobby G

One of the worst parts of the Leafs having an above average NHL season is the main board is overflowing with Leaf fans discussing nothing but how great they are.

Holy ****

Old
04-16-2013, 01:19 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby G View Post
One of the worst parts of the Leafs having an above average NHL season is the main board is overflowing with Leaf fans discussing nothing but how great they are.

Holy ****
Same for us...

Old
04-16-2013, 05:47 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Same for us...
oh im gonna have to disagree with you on this one. habs fans have been far more humble this season. i chalk it up to 'tempting fate'.

laughs fans are the new canucks fans in '09-'10: the most obnoxious bunch on HF.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:45 AM
MarkovsKnee

I'm going to say something controversial: Reimer is a good goalie, or at least this season he is.

He makes the saves he should make, and occasionally makes spectacular saves. He has some weaknesses but there's no goalie in the league who doesn't. We'll see how consistent he can be next year, since that really is the thing that separates good goalies from great ones. The ability to be solid game in and game out year after year, and stay healthy. Reimer hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Leafs would be dust if Reimer hadn't stepped up this year. He gives them a chance to win, which is really all you want from a goalie.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:49 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
I'm going to say something controversial: Reimer is a good goalie, or at least this season he is.

He makes the saves he should make, and occasionally makes spectacular saves. He has some weaknesses but there's no goalie in the league who doesn't. We'll see how consistent he can be next year, since that really is the thing that separates good goalies from great ones. The ability to be solid game in and game out year after year, and stay healthy. Reimer hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Leafs would be dust if Reimer hadn't stepped up this year. He gives them a chance to win, which is really all you want from a goalie.
He's a terrible goalie and just like their shooting %.. it will all average back to a normal level. Leafs are in for a rude awakening soon.

Which is what is happening to us. Statistically we were scoring the first goal more often than not. That is starting to balance out and we're a completely different hockey team.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Rory Boylen ‏@THNRoryBoylen 18h Since signing a five-year extension, Alex Semin has two goals and a minus-9 rating in 11 games. Uh-oh. #NHL

Funny I could have sworn all the armchair GM's on here said he would be a great guy to sign long term.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Rory Boylen ‏@THNRoryBoylen 18h Since signing a five-year extension, Alex Semin has two goals and a minus-9 rating in 11 games. Uh-oh. #NHL

Funny I could have sworn all the armchair GM's on here said he would be a great guy to sign long term.
Yah, the same folks who though the Kaberle acquisition was a good one.

Old
04-16-2013, 09:05 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Same for us...
We are not nearly as bad. Not even close.

There are dozens of topics asking "is so and so the best so and so in the league???" ... Honestly I never heard of half the players on the current Leafs roster.

waffledave
Old
04-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Yah, the same folks who though the Kaberle acquisition was a good one.
At least Kaberle isn't signed till 2018 at 7 mil per year.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
At least Kaberle isn't signed till 2018 at 7 mil per year.
NO just 4.25 sitting up in the press box when we had 4 million coming off the books last year!!!

Old
04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I just looked up Spacek's stats to see where he's playing now (he isn't)...I had no idea he had 5 goals in 34 games with Carolina. 1 more than he had with us in 2 and a half years (145 games)

Old
04-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I just looked up Spacek's stats to see where he's playing now (he isn't)...I had no idea he had 5 goals in 34 games with Carolina. 1 more than he had with us in 2 and a half years (145 games)
Seriously why didnt we just keep the guy? He was better than Kaberle defensively and he could run the second PP... And he would be off the damn books now.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
NO just 4.25 sitting up in the press box when we had 4 million coming off the books last year!!!
Exactly. So why bring it up?

It's like somebody telling you about somebody totalling their can and then you come bcak saying, well I had a crappy day I lost my 5 dollar bill from my pocket. lol

Closed Thread