HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Raw Deal!

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2003, 09:28 AM
Obsessed

vCash: 500
Raw Deal!

Why is it that I get the feeling that Chimera is not going to be an Oiler at the end of the season?

Last night on the PPV game I had a premonition of Chimmer getting moved. He just isn't getting the ice time or the support of our organization. We let him toil in the minors for ages then we bring him up only to use him on spot duty. If a team ever gave the kid a legitimate shot he just might turn out to be a player.

His record last year was alright. 66 14 9 23pts

I don't have his ice time but I'm sure it is around the 9 minute average. So 14 goals is not to shabby.

So what, if any, is the potential of #28. I think that he could be a 20-20 player on a regular second or third line. So with that kind of potential he could be a good chip in any possible deal.

It will be a sad day when Chimmer gets moved but my gut says it wont be long.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:33 AM
Tanko

[Agreed isnt he better than Horcoff?

Old
12-29-2003, 09:35 AM
speeds

he's terrible defensively, which is I'm sure what's holding him back.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:46 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanko
[Agreed isnt he better than Horcoff?
Problem is that he doesn't play center all that well and Horcoff/Oates are a big reason why our faceoff percentage has been so much better of late.

Regardless, Chimera sure floats a lot when he's out there. He has all this speed and rarely have I seen it used consistently well this season.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Tanko

True enuff about faceoffs.And yes he floats but he does provide some offense which we are dying for.

Old
12-29-2003, 10:17 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Don't forget Chimera scored most of his points in the first half of the year and didn't do anything in the second half.

Yeah, he can produce offensively, but he'll also go 20 games without a goal, and when the puck isn't going in for you, you <b>HAVE</b> to be contributing in other ways.

Old
12-29-2003, 10:24 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Don't forget Chimera scored most of his points in the first half of the year and didn't do anything in the second half.

Yeah, he can produce offensively, but he'll also go 20 games without a goal, and when the puck isn't going in for you, you <b>HAVE</b> to be contributing in other ways.

I think he could use a change of scenery. He might need a coach like Lemaire to teach him some defense. It could go a long way in giving him some more opportunities to turn the puck over and use his speed in transition were he is most dangerous.

Old
12-29-2003, 03:10 PM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
he's terrible defensively, which is I'm sure what's holding him back.
It must be true that the reason the Oilers are losing is because of Chimera's defensive play. It seemed to me that as soon a Chimera was getting some chemistry with certain players Mactavish would put him with someone else. I think the Oilers are missing the boat on this one. To my way of thinking he is just as good as Isbister if not better. Let's give the kid some ice time and if he can get some confidence I'm sure he will produce. After all Mactavish said it's all about confidence. It's pretty hard to get confident if you know one mistake puts you in the PB. Even I know that.

Old
12-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Lowetide

I think it's great. This is the first time in forever that the Oilers have had really talented players who can't get into the lineup. Some are establishing themselves (Stoll), or on and off the 4th line (Chimera), or down on the farm (Rita, Salmelainen), but the quality is pretty darn good and the depth is there.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: it has been at least a decade since the Oilers have had true depth. 1991, maybe.

The Edmonton Oilers MAY lose a quality player through a forced trade for less than full value through no fault of their own.

My best is it will be Chimera. Not MacTavish's type of player.

But this sure as hell beats discussing whether Dan Lacouture is better than Michel Riesen.

Closed Thread