HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Marathon

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 07:30 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Poor guy, he had the look of shock on him. No sign of grimacing pain, just plain shock.
Consider that the blessing. The human body goes into shock at that point to protect itself from the pain.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:37 PM
M0rbid

Sick and tired of these constant terror attacks. Enough is enough!

Old
04-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Cmox

Anyone see Patton Oswald's take on this? I love the guy.

https://www.facebook.com/pattonoswal...51440800582655

Quote:
Boston. ****ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

Old
04-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Poor guy, he had the look of shock on him. No sign of grimacing pain, just plain shock.
I think that's worse then death.

An enormous amount of pain + he has to live with that if he survives it.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Leetch66

My cousin finished the race before this happened and the other people I knew are all OK . Prayers go out for the people affected by this . There are a lot of people just wired totally wrong in this World .

Old
04-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
I think that's worse then death.

An enormous amount of pain + he has to live with that if he survives it.
Yeah. This is what upsets me (not the only thing that upsets me, of course). What the hell are these people going to do now? How are they going to work? Disability doesn't cover nearly enough for anyone to live comfortably.

Last edited by Kane One: 04-15-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old
04-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Don't know if this was posted yet:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1317459

McIlrath was 10 minutes away from the finish line today, was walking towards it when the bomb exploded

Old
04-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Blazephr

This is just terrible what happened in Boston. Sad.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Don't know if this was posted yet:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1317459

McIlrath was 10 minutes away from the finish line today, was walking towards it when the bomb exploded
Absolutely horrifying. Sports doesn't matter yet again, today.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
h0ckeyman

http://www.boston.com/video/viral_pa...=SFnewyorkpost

Old
04-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
I got horrible goosebumps as those bombs went off. I can't imagine how terrifying that was to be in that area.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:30 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Anyone see Patton Oswald's take on this? I love the guy.

https://www.facebook.com/pattonoswal...51440800582655
Yeah, I read this earlier. Very well said. While it's hard not to dwell on the tragic aspects of the event, every disaster like this yields incredible acts of human tenacity and kindness. A bomb went off and dozens and dozens of people ran toward it to help others. Those people are truly heroic.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

What I dont understand is what's up with this call for unity? Why should we all wave the flag and be proud to be Americans after a bomb explosion? Why should the unfortunate acts by a deranged individual(s) force everyone to be patriotic? Back in the UK whenever something like this happens there's never a call for such things. After the Underground bombing a few years ago I could of, a day after, bashed the Queen and Parliament and not be publicly shammed and shunned for it. Please, no disrespect intended or wanted, I'd actually like to know what is it about American culture.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Lerb

It's weird how desensitized I have to say I am in this situation. The media can only make it worse.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:59 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
What I dont understand is what's up with this call for unity? Why should we all wave the flag and be proud to be Americans after a bomb explosion? Why should the unfortunate acts by a deranged individual(s) force everyone to be patriotic? Back in the UK whenever something like this happens there's never a call for such things. After the Underground bombing a few years ago I could of, a day after, bashed the Queen and Parliament and not be publicly shammed and shunned for it. Please, no disrespect intended or wanted, I'd actually like to know what is it about American culture.
It started with 9/11 when we were attacked by terrorists. The thought is that when bad things happen, good people need to stand together and either fight or support eachother. It's a part of American culture that is just different from what you might be accustomed to.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
So that when its finally acknowledged as an act of terror they instantly have another story about how Obama didn't properly name it a few hours after with limited facts.
But it is an act of terror, that's what I don't understand. They probably didn't want people to make assumptions on where it originated or cause any hysteria/fear what have you. Pretty sure it was a calculated use of violence against civilians, which is the definition of terrorism. Domestic, or foreign doesn't matter much.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Krams
what a time

vCash: 69
Quote:
Excellent question. Don't want to give my full opinion on the matter because I'll get flamed. In short: it's a really bad thing and you should be glad you don't have to experience it in the UK.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Lerb

The Amercan culture and politics is like a really messy knot where you can't figure out where one problem begins and another one ends. When things like this happens, it's evident because people don't know what to think and how to react. It's the victims first, perps second to restore peace and public confidence then politics which then leads to country's affairs in general.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Some take it too far, but the point of attacks like this is to cause fear. The best way to combat fear is to stand shoulder to shoulder with your community. I agree that it gets a little crazy, but unity is the antidote to terrorism.

All of my Boston friends are safe, I'm glad to say. What a terrible day, otherwise.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

It's just disgusting, apparently the bombs were packed with ball bearings. Which makes it even worse in my opinion if that's at all possible. Clearly wasnt an amateur who just decided they'd like to blow stuff up and cause a scene. Whoever did it wanted to maximize the carnage, unfortunately several people lost their lives and many more are injured, but it could have been much worse and I'm thankful it wasn't. Prayers to all those affected.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:32 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Yeah. This is what upsets me (not the only thing that upsets me, of course). What the hell are these people going to do now? How are they going to work? Disability doesn't cover nearly enough for anyone to live comfortably.
With something like this, I'm sure the Fed government will create a fund for the victims.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:41 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

I just clicked on some photos on Reddit that I should not have clicked on.

I don't know how the death toll is only three after seeing that.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:41 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I just clicked on some photos on Reddit that I should not have clicked on.

I don't know how the death toll is only three after seeing that.
The injury toll is a LOT higher, something like 120.

04-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

I take it I'm not the only one who heard about it and thought "Oh god not again."

Old
04-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
"Members of the Newtown Strong team which ran in today's marathon are safe. All runners completed the race before the explosions happened," the post said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/mas...ers/index.html

Closed Thread