HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Brendan Gallagher thread

Old
04-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Habssince89
Feel the Radulove

vCash: 351
People will be quick to notice his hustle and grit, but Gallagher has so much skill! His stick handling especially. He knows how to use the advantages a small frame can give you. I hope he gets better linemates because he deserves all the praise in the world right now. What a warrior.

Habssince89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Moroccan

vCash: 500
He is the only one worth watching this days. What a heart!!!

Moroccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:22 AM
kassian

Gally's slowly becoming one of my favorite players in the entire league.

For such a small fella, DAMN isn't he afraid of going into the dirty areas. None of these hits, crosschecks or fights seem to phase him.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:44 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
People will be quick to notice his hustle and grit, but Gallagher has so much skill! His stick handling especially. He knows how to use the advantages a small frame can give you. I hope he gets better linemates because he deserves all the praise in the world right now. What a warrior.
Man, this is sooo true. Tonight he was deking guys and creating space for himself. He isn't just tenacious - he's talented with the puck as hell! Again, he reminds me of another #11 (was besmirched in between) and I truly hope he emulates him in many regards with more of an in your face, don't take **** attitude. Saku had his own arsenal of making opponents pay, but a lot of overlap.

I don't comprehend how the Calder should go simply to the rookie with the most points if it's by the margin Huberdeau and Gally are at. Who is arguably the Habs MVP this season? Gally. Where is Florida? Nowhere. Ice time aside, Gally has by far been the best rookie this year (early on Conacher was making a difference for his team).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:17 PM
GallySquared
Habs fan for life

Hi Guys,
We at Bgally.com are trying to make a special birthday project for Brendan. All we need is a pic or a vid saying 'happy birthday!'. If you would like to contribute please see the information here --> http://bgally.com/wp/?p=603

Thank you!

GallySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Native

vCash: 605
he's truly a great kid. enormous heart, energy, enthusiasm. he has tenacity, skill, and a drive that is infectious. quick and shifty, and always drives the net.

however, with his slight build and playing style, my only concern is his long term durability. he has a very good sense of awareness (most of the times), protects and shields himself. similar to subban, whom rarely gets surprised with a hit.

he's a true diamond in the rough. he embodies the spirit and essence of what our team should strive for.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 06:41 AM
Habssince89
Feel the Radulove

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
he's truly a great kid. enormous heart, energy, enthusiasm. he has tenacity, skill, and a drive that is infectious. quick and shifty, and always drives the net.

however, with his slight build and playing style, my only concern is his long term durability. he has a very good sense of awareness (most of the times), protects and shields himself. similar to subban, whom rarely gets surprised with a hit.

he's a true diamond in the rough. he embodies the spirit and essence of what our team should strive for.
I won't pretend he's big. Because he's not. But he's 5ft9. The media tries to portray him as smaller. If he was one inch taller he'd be in the average range. I'm not worried about his durability for two reasons:
1)He's protected himself better as this season has gone on. He's carving his game before his eyes
2)He's a strong guy for his size and as much as it seems he gets pushed around I think it looks worse than it seems. He may take a few bruises but the fact that he's able to come back for more shows he isn't being maimed by the opposition.

Habssince89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 05:49 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

I feel like I posted this, or not, either way here it is! again! (maybe). If you watch him the whole shift he was offensively in the right place all the time and even attempted that quick release that fooled Brodeur?

http://youtu.be/1RNYbTyENqI

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote