Kalgoum

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2003, 12:22 PM
GoGoHuselius

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to GoGoHuselius
Kalgoum

I haven't heard much about Monir Kalgoum before this season. does anyone have the opportunity to see him play on a regular basis? his stats are pretty good, and he seems to be playing well at the WJC so far. what are your opinions/scouting reports on him? do you think he may have a chance to be drafted as an overager if he keeps up his solid play? any info would be appreciated.

Old
12-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
I haven't seen much of him but hopefully I will later this season.
The reports I have been given plus the info EP has received from Team Sweden coach Torgny Bendelin tells me that he is more of a role player. Excellent in face off situations, very good defensively and a player with great work-ethics and attitude.

Old
12-29-2003, 02:00 PM
GoGoHuselius

Send a message via ICQ to GoGoHuselius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
I haven't seen much of him but hopefully I will later this season.
The reports I have been given plus the info EP has received from Team Sweden coach Torgny Bendelin tells me that he is more of a role player. Excellent in face off situations, very good defensively and a player with great work-ethics and attitude.
hmmm... i see. thanks for the reply, Johan. would comparing him to Micke Lind (prior to this season, of course) be far off? or maybe a Mikael Wahlberg or Joakim Eriksson (not that i necessarily put those two in similar territory) or someone of that calibre? any chance, do you think, of him seeing NHL (or at least some sort of North American) action?

Old
12-29-2003, 04:03 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Mikael Lind wouldn't be far off, although obviously not with the same strong offensive game (well, that Lind has displayed this season anyway).

As for the NHL? Well, who knows. But he has has been overlooked two years now, so that will not help him. If he continues playing well in the WJC I think he has a pretty good shot at getting drafted.

I expect a SEL team to sign him next summer.

Closed Thread