HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would the Habs benefit from a Heavyweight enforcer? Part 3

Old
04-02-2013, 01:33 PM
bud12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The only two parts of hockey are goals and fights.
yes, and the magical 10-11min

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
yes, and the magical 10-11min
It is pretty damn magical not having to run your best players into the ground actually.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It is pretty damn magical not having to run your best players into the ground actually.
Of course

Old
04-02-2013, 03:55 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, that was after 82 games, not 48.

But I don't mind using more depth on the PK. We have plenty of players that can play that role.
true, but with him playing in Europe during the lockout and having a condensed NHL schedule, if MT was using him the same way the other two did, he'd probably be out of gaz by now still.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:11 PM
rabbit4949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
So, when Lucic ran Ryan Miller last year, if Buffalo had simply deliberately run Tim Thomas in response that would have calmed the game down? I'm slightly dubious.

Can you post some examples of the above situation happening in reality and resulting in the game 'quickly resembling hockey'.
I really did not make myself clear.When Thomas gets run I fully expect that all hell will break loose so try to have all your big bodies on the ice.The hockey game breaks out the next time these teams play.Thomas will make sure that Miller does not get run because he knows what will happen.If there are no consequences for running your players ,it will continue.Getting someone like Scott to fight Thornton to send a message apparently worked in toning done the Bruins.This is not in my opinion a viable option. If they want to run Miller with a goon and he gets beat up by Scott, do you really think that there is any reason for them not to do it again with another goon?The AHL and ECHL provides many players who will run players and take a beating and go out and do it again.The AHL and ECHL are not full of NHL calibre goalies or skill players to replace those who get run.

rabbit4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

While I'm glad to see that Bergevin didn't sell the farm to get temporary fixes, and the fact that the team is playing well, on't think for a minute that they didn't need help. Wait to see the bullseye in Prust's back. For a team to be tougher than the Habs, they only need two tough guys... unless Travis Moen wakes up and even then.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
While I'm glad to see that Bergevin didn't sell the farm to get temporary fixes, and the fact that the team is playing well, on't think for a minute that they didn't need help. Wait to see the bullseye in Prust's back. For a team to be tougher than the Habs, they only need two tough guys... unless Travis Moen wakes up and even then.
That's complete nonsense. If a team dresses 15 soft as butter players and 3 goons, would consider that a "tough" team? There's a hell of a lot more to playing tough then having a couple guys on your team that fight.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
That's complete nonsense. If a team dresses 15 soft as butter players and 3 goons, would consider that a "tough" team? There's a hell of a lot more to playing tough then having a couple guys on your team that fight.
You're completely missing the point of my post.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:09 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
yes, Toronto

Old
04-15-2013, 07:19 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Maybe if they kill Gallagher? Or at least if they break his back, leg or neck?

Would a Habs GM be so bold to find someone who will take up for the skill players?

Sickening to watch Rosehill do as he pleases.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:22 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

The word is out in the NHL. Get Gallagher because he gets next to the goalie.

What's the over/under on how many more games before he gets concussion version 2.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:27 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

What's the over/under on how many more games before he gets concussion version 2.
You are wasting your time here. Many of our fans don't seem to mind if every team takes runs at our little skill players. They don't want them protected and they don't seem to care if Prust gets pounded by guys 40 pounds heavier.
Open season on Habs is now in full force.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

I thought that Bergevin would break the mold.

He's not much different than Gauthier with regard to not having a problem watching his skill players get roughed up and pounded.

May not win a Cup but Bergevin saved a 6th round pick to draft another undersized forward.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Roulin

Quote:

Yes, of course Gallagher is a marked man because he goes to the net. Every dman in the NHL who wants to keep his job will get physical with him in that situation. It's part of Gallagher's job. He'll deal with it just like he always has. Hire 4 facepunchers to play with him, he'll still have to deal with it.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:20 PM
ccgg

Quote:

He's not much different than Gauthier with regard to not having a problem watching his skill players get roughed up and pounded.

May not win a Cup but Bergevin saved a 6th round pick to draft another undersized forward.
Yeah, we should trade the undersized Gallagher for a big mofo like Bordeleau. It's a winning mentality !

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Habs are the ones gooning this game.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:13 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Yeah, we should trade the undersized Gallagher for a big mofo like Bordeleau. It's a winning mentality !
Is that what you got from my post? Trade Gallagher?

Incredible.

Rosehill goes after Gallagher. Nothing. Rosehill goes after Pacioretty. Nothing.

If you liked tonight, then get used to it as we slide toward the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs knows now that the way to beat the Habs in a game is to physically beat them on the ice.

Target the talent, get away with it, target the talent some more and then laugh as you get away with it. Win the game, laugh at the Habs for taking it over and over again.

Gallagher is all heart. Too bad he is too small to stand up against Rosehill or the next goon to target him. No one on the team can do that. Prust tried. Prust is on the IR for fighting the goons and getting worn down. He got slammed on his shoulder by the ****ing tool Kaletta. No one else could or would stand up.

We dont need a damned enforcer. Right? I hope Bergevin is happy with the way the last two games turned out.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Is that what you got from my post? Trade Gallagher?

Incredible.

Rosehill goes after Gallagher. Nothing. Rosehill goes after Pacioretty. Nothing.

If you liked tonight, then get used to it as we slide toward the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs knows now that the way to beat the Habs in a game is to physically beat them on the ice.

Target the talent, get away with it, target the talent some more and then laugh as you get away with it. Win the game, laugh at the Habs for taking it over and over again.

Gallagher is all heart. Too bad he is too small to stand up against Rosehill or the next goon to target him. No one on the team can do that. Prust tried. Prust is on the IR for fighting the goons and getting worn down. He got slammed on his shoulder by the ****ing tool Kaletta. No one else could or would stand up.

We dont need a damned enforcer. Right? I hope Bergevin is happy with the way the last two games turned out.
But, but our third and late draft picks are so precious..............

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:24 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
But, but our third and late draft picks are so precious..............
As it has been said for the last 20 years in Montreal..............."with our picks and prospects, our chances of going after the Cup will be great in two years."

Drewiskie is a waste. Bergevin is reminiscent of Gauthier going after Mara and Sopel and thinking that a band-aid on a gash needing 20 stitches would work.

Damn, I havent been this frustrated with the Canadiens management and coaching since last year.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:29 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

I won't call him Gauthier yet. Give him some time.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:34 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I won't call him Gauthier yet. Give him some time.
Gauthier sat stoically in the executive suite as the Canadiens talented players were rag dolled and cross checked and slammed into the boards with impunity and no one standing up for them.

Bergevin sits stoically in the executive suite as the Canadiens talented players are rag dolled and cross checked and slammed into the boards with impunity and no one standing up for them.

From where I sit in front of my TV, the only difference I see is "sat", "sits", "were" and "are".

That and a band-aid at the trade deadline.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:30 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Habs are the ones gooning this game.
dont bother.

Unless MB gets a few goons, they'll keep whining.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:33 AM
TennisMenace

People here will sing a different tune when we get pounded and lose the rest of the season and playoffs.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:36 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Gauthier sat stoically in the executive suite as the Canadiens talented players were rag dolled and cross checked and slammed into the boards with impunity and no one standing up for them.

Bergevin sits stoically in the executive suite as the Canadiens talented players are rag dolled and cross checked and slammed into the boards with impunity and no one standing up for them.

From where I sit in front of my TV, the only difference I see is "sat", "sits", "were" and "are".

That and a band-aid at the trade deadline.
Gauthier was with the organization for yeas. Bergie has been here for 40 games. Give him time to get this right. I'm sure he will.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

So panic has set in I see, and some fans are already turning against Bergevin, the same guy they were praising not all that long ago? Come on people... never too high, never too low!

Bergevin tried to address the lack of toughness by signing Prust. He could not predict that Travis Moen would become a figure skater and that Ryan White would lose his mind and his game at the same time.

When he realized that, he tried to get Sestito but Vancouver beat him to it because of their place in the standings. He then tried to get Clowe but he was way too expansive.

I say give the GM until this summer and you'll see that problem being addressed. Remember that the goal this year was to make the playoffs. Whatever happens now is gravy. Bergevin (and Therrien) have this team heading in the right direction.