HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would the Habs benefit from a Heavyweight enforcer? Part 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 01:33 PM
  #251
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The only two parts of hockey are goals and fights.
yes, and the magical 10-11min

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
  #252
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
yes, and the magical 10-11min
It is pretty damn magical not having to run your best players into the ground actually.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
  #253
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It is pretty damn magical not having to run your best players into the ground actually.
Of course

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:55 PM
  #254
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, that was after 82 games, not 48.

But I don't mind using more depth on the PK. We have plenty of players that can play that role.
true, but with him playing in Europe during the lockout and having a condensed NHL schedule, if MT was using him the same way the other two did, he'd probably be out of gaz by now still.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:11 PM
  #255
rabbit4949
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
So, when Lucic ran Ryan Miller last year, if Buffalo had simply deliberately run Tim Thomas in response that would have calmed the game down? I'm slightly dubious.

Can you post some examples of the above situation happening in reality and resulting in the game 'quickly resembling hockey'.
I really did not make myself clear.When Thomas gets run I fully expect that all hell will break loose so try to have all your big bodies on the ice.The hockey game breaks out the next time these teams play.Thomas will make sure that Miller does not get run because he knows what will happen.If there are no consequences for running your players ,it will continue.Getting someone like Scott to fight Thornton to send a message apparently worked in toning done the Bruins.This is not in my opinion a viable option. If they want to run Miller with a goon and he gets beat up by Scott, do you really think that there is any reason for them not to do it again with another goon?The AHL and ECHL provides many players who will run players and take a beating and go out and do it again.The AHL and ECHL are not full of NHL calibre goalies or skill players to replace those who get run.

rabbit4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:11 PM
  #256
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
While I'm glad to see that Bergevin didn't sell the farm to get temporary fixes, and the fact that the team is playing well, on't think for a minute that they didn't need help. Wait to see the bullseye in Prust's back. For a team to be tougher than the Habs, they only need two tough guys... unless Travis Moen wakes up and even then.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
  #257
Sorinth
Registered User
 
Sorinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
While I'm glad to see that Bergevin didn't sell the farm to get temporary fixes, and the fact that the team is playing well, on't think for a minute that they didn't need help. Wait to see the bullseye in Prust's back. For a team to be tougher than the Habs, they only need two tough guys... unless Travis Moen wakes up and even then.
That's complete nonsense. If a team dresses 15 soft as butter players and 3 goons, would consider that a "tough" team? There's a hell of a lot more to playing tough then having a couple guys on your team that fight.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
  #258
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
That's complete nonsense. If a team dresses 15 soft as butter players and 3 goons, would consider that a "tough" team? There's a hell of a lot more to playing tough then having a couple guys on your team that fight.
You're completely missing the point of my post.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 09:09 AM
  #259
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
That's complete nonsense. If a team dresses 15 soft as butter players and 3 goons, would consider that a "tough" team? There's a hell of a lot more to playing tough then having a couple guys on your team that fight.
yes, Toronto

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:19 PM
  #260
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,026
vCash: 500
Maybe if they kill Gallagher? Or at least if they break his back, leg or neck?

Would a Habs GM be so bold to find someone who will take up for the skill players?

Sickening to watch Rosehill do as he pleases.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:22 PM
  #261
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,026
vCash: 500
The word is out in the NHL. Get Gallagher because he gets next to the goalie.

What's the over/under on how many more games before he gets concussion version 2.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:27 PM
  #262
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The word is out in the NHL. Get Gallagher because he gets next to the goalie.

What's the over/under on how many more games before he gets concussion version 2.
You are wasting your time here. Many of our fans don't seem to mind if every team takes runs at our little skill players. They don't want them protected and they don't seem to care if Prust gets pounded by guys 40 pounds heavier.
Open season on Habs is now in full force.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
  #263
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,026
vCash: 500
I thought that Bergevin would break the mold.

He's not much different than Gauthier with regard to not having a problem watching his skill players get roughed up and pounded.

May not win a Cup but Bergevin saved a 6th round pick to draft another undersized forward.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:16 PM
  #264
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The word is out in the NHL. Get Gallagher because he gets next to the goalie.

What's the over/under on how many more games before he gets concussion version 2.
Yes, of course Gallagher is a marked man because he goes to the net. Every dman in the NHL who wants to keep his job will get physical with him in that situation. It's part of Gallagher's job. He'll deal with it just like he always has. Hire 4 facepunchers to play with him, he'll still have to deal with it.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:20 PM
  #265
ccgg
Registered User
 
ccgg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rimouski
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I thought that Bergevin would break the mold.

He's not much different than Gauthier with regard to not having a problem watching his skill players get roughed up and pounded.

May not win a Cup but Bergevin saved a 6th round pick to draft another undersized forward.
Yeah, we should trade the undersized Gallagher for a big mofo like Bordeleau. It's a winning mentality !

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:26 PM
  #266
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,262
vCash: 883
Habs are the ones gooning this game.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:13 PM
  #267
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Yeah, we should trade the undersized Gallagher for a big mofo like Bordeleau. It's a winning mentality !
Is that what you got from my post? Trade Gallagher?

Incredible.

Rosehill goes after Gallagher. Nothing. Rosehill goes after Pacioretty. Nothing.

If you liked tonight, then get used to it as we slide toward the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs knows now that the way to beat the Habs in a game is to physically beat them on the ice.

Target the talent, get away with it, target the talent some more and then laugh as you get away with it. Win the game, laugh at the Habs for taking it over and over again.

Gallagher is all heart. Too bad he is too small to stand up against Rosehill or the next goon to target him. No one on the team can do that. Prust tried. Prust is on the IR for fighting the goons and getting worn down. He got slammed on his shoulder by the ****ing tool Kaletta. No one else could or would stand up.

We dont need a damned enforcer. Right? I hope Bergevin is happy with the way the last two games turned out.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:17 PM
  #268
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Is that what you got from my post? Trade Gallagher?

Incredible.

Rosehill goes after Gallagher. Nothing. Rosehill goes after Pacioretty. Nothing.

If you liked tonight, then get used to it as we slide toward the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs knows now that the way to beat the Habs in a game is to physically beat them on the ice.

Target the talent, get away with it, target the talent some more and then laugh as you get away with it. Win the game, laugh at the Habs for taking it over and over again.

Gallagher is all heart. Too bad he is too small to stand up against Rosehill or the next goon to target him. No one on the team can do that. Prust tried. Prust is on the IR for fighting the goons and getting worn down. He got slammed on his shoulder by the ****ing tool Kaletta. No one else could or would stand up.

We dont need a damned enforcer. Right? I hope Bergevin is happy with the way the last two games turned out.
But, but our third and late draft picks are so precious..............

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:24 PM
  #269
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
But, but our third and late draft picks are so precious..............
As it has been said for the last 20 years in Montreal..............."with our picks and prospects, our chances of going after the Cup will be great in two years."

Drewiskie is a waste. Bergevin is reminiscent of Gauthier going after Mara and Sopel and thinking that a band-aid on a gash needing 20 stitches would work.


Damn, I havent been this frustrated with the Canadiens management and coaching since last year.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:29 PM
  #270
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I thought that Bergevin would break the mold.

He's not much different than Gauthier with regard to not having a problem watching his skill players get roughed up and pounded.

May not win a Cup but Bergevin saved a 6th round pick to draft another undersized forward.
I won't call him Gauthier yet. Give him some time.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:34 PM
  #271
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I won't call him Gauthier yet. Give him some time.
Gauthier sat stoically in the executive suite as the Canadiens talented players were rag dolled and cross checked and slammed into the boards with impunity and no one standing up for them.

Bergevin sits stoically in the executive suite as the Canadiens talented players are rag dolled and cross checked and slammed into the boards with impunity and no one standing up for them.

From where I sit in front of my TV, the only difference I see is "sat", "sits", "were" and "are".

That and a band-aid at the trade deadline.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:30 AM
  #272
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Habs are the ones gooning this game.
dont bother.

Unless MB gets a few goons, they'll keep whining.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:33 AM
  #273
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
People here will sing a different tune when we get pounded and lose the rest of the season and playoffs.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:36 AM
  #274
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Gauthier sat stoically in the executive suite as the Canadiens talented players were rag dolled and cross checked and slammed into the boards with impunity and no one standing up for them.

Bergevin sits stoically in the executive suite as the Canadiens talented players are rag dolled and cross checked and slammed into the boards with impunity and no one standing up for them.

From where I sit in front of my TV, the only difference I see is "sat", "sits", "were" and "are".

That and a band-aid at the trade deadline.
Gauthier was with the organization for yeas. Bergie has been here for 40 games. Give him time to get this right. I'm sure he will.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:17 AM
  #275
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
So panic has set in I see, and some fans are already turning against Bergevin, the same guy they were praising not all that long ago? Come on people... never too high, never too low!

Bergevin tried to address the lack of toughness by signing Prust. He could not predict that Travis Moen would become a figure skater and that Ryan White would lose his mind and his game at the same time.

When he realized that, he tried to get Sestito but Vancouver beat him to it because of their place in the standings. He then tried to get Clowe but he was way too expansive.

I say give the GM until this summer and you'll see that problem being addressed. Remember that the goal this year was to make the playoffs. Whatever happens now is gravy. Bergevin (and Therrien) have this team heading in the right direction.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.