HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 10:28 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
I just heard that Desharnais lead the forwards in ice time tonight. After his horrible performance tonight and basically this season, what was Therrien thinking?
Seriously? After that ass whipping tonight, worrying about David Desharnais is like you being concerned about a mosquito biting you on the arm after you were run over by an 18 wheeler going 70 mph.

It lacks perspective, depth and weight.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
WTF happened to him? He's the worst forward on the team at the moment.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:35 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Desharnais clearly needs to book a session with the Doc Guimond. I believe he said it helped him (and Eller) to get out of that slump at the beginning of the season.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:40 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
WTF happened to him? He's the worst forward on the team at the moment.
No, that title belongs to Michael Ryder.

When you pull our hottest goal scorer from the line that he was very successful on, potting goals that were set up to him by Pleks and Gio, and then move him on to the line with Eller where he gets only one shot for the game, I would say that Ryder is the worst forward on the team at the moment.

With that said, this is not the fault of Ryder.

But dont worry, the best forward on the team, Rene Bourque, will carry the team for the rest of the season and onto the Stanley Cup championship.

In Bourque we trust. In Therrien we trust for trusting Bourque.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:46 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Seriously? After that ass whipping tonight, worrying about David Desharnais is like you being concerned about a mosquito biting you on the arm after you were run over by an 18 wheeler going 70 mph.

It lacks perspective, depth and weight.
Some would even say I'm biased, or perhaps that I have an agenda, an ulterior motive if you will...

hmmmmm,....

hmmmmmm.....

Old
04-15-2013, 10:51 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Some would even say I'm biased, or perhaps that I have an agenda, an ulterior motive if you will...

hmmmmm,....

hmmmmmm.....

Damn. You busted me. You are on to me. The curtain has been pulled back.

My agenda is exposed for all of HFBoards to see. So now I am forced to admit it.

Yes, I am a fan of seeing Michael Ryder score goals for the Habs as we win the game. And yes, my agenda includes having a center who passes the puck to Ryder in the slot area. It also includes an undersized winger who digs the pucks out of the corners to get it to Ryder as well.

Damn me for having an agenda of liking to see Ryder, Plekanec and Gionta scoring goals and points for the Habs.

Go Bourque Go!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Milhouse40

2 points in pwerplay in his last 35 games
And somehow, he manage to still keep this luxury

Now that Gomez as more points than DD in PP with half the ice-time
Mayby.....just MAYBY, Therrien wikk finally try something else.....

Of course not
It's not like we have really hot player who got 7 points in his last 7 games.
It's not like we have a player with an extremely good vision who can pass and score
It's not like we have Galchenyuk or anything.....

Old
04-15-2013, 10:53 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:

When you pull our hottest goal scorer from the line that he was very successful on, potting goals that were set up to him by Pleks and Gio, and then move him on to the line with Eller where he gets only one shot for the game, I would say that Ryder is the worst forward on the team at the moment.

But dont worry, the best forward on the team, Rene Bourque, will carry the team for the rest of the season and onto the Stanley Cup championship.

Really, you thought Michael Ryder is our worst forward right now?? And you blame this on line combinations?? How about not playing Desharnais for the most ice time against a physical team?? Better yet, why not bench him and make him earn his ice time like Therrien did with Eller???

Old
04-15-2013, 10:57 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:

Desi Arnaz 2 goals in the last 20 games.
Micheal Ryder 10 goals in the last 20 games.

who is the worst forward on the habs again??

Old
04-15-2013, 10:58 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Really, you thought Michael Ryder is our worst forward right now?? And you blame this on line combinations?? How about not playing Desharnais for the most ice time against a physical team?? Better yet, why not bench him and make him earn his ice time like Therrien did with Eller???
You cannot see and understand satire, can you?

Michael Ryder is our best goal scorer. He got that way because Plekanec and Gio got the puck to him to shoot his sweet wrister or tip in a shot on goal.

Michael Ryder had one shot tonight. Does that seem odd to you that our sniper only had one shot? His center is not getting our best goal scorer the puck to shoot.

Ryder combined with Eller is like mixing oil and water and expecting to change physics and chemistry. And that is not a shot at Eller either. Eller plays well with Prust and Chuckie since they have great chemistry.

Cant blame DD for that, can you?

He does not set the lines that destroyed this team's chemistry. Therrien did.

Go Bourque Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-15-2013, 10:59 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Desi Arnaz 2 goals in the last 20 games.
Micheal Ryder 10 goals in the last 20 games.

who is the worst forward on the habs again??
Yeah I too found his Ryder/Therrien rant kind of odd

Old
04-15-2013, 11:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Strange that in a deep analysis of what the future has to look like for the Habs, that Bergevin saw DD in it. A team with the future in mind, would have made Pleks-Galchenyuk-Eller your first 3 centermen. Still don't understand the term. Or at least the combination money-term wasn't good when it happened....Surely doesn't look better now.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:06 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:
You cannot see and understand satire, can you?

Michael Ryder is our best goal scorer. He got that way because Plekanec and Gio got the puck to him to shoot his sweet wrister or tip in a shot on goal.

Michael Ryder had one shot tonight. Does that seem odd to you that our sniper only had one shot? His center is not getting our best goal scorer the puck to shoot.

Ryder combined with Eller is like mixing oil and water and expecting to change physics and chemistry. And that is not a shot at Eller either. Eller plays well with Prust and Chuckie since they have great chemistry.

Cant blame DD for that, can you?

He does not set the lines that destroyed this team's chemistry. Therrien did.

Go Bourque Go!!!!!!!!!!!
I find it odd that you are complaining about Therrien and his decisions with Ryder in a Desharnais thread.

So now that you've made your opinion known on Ryder, Bourque, and what lines they should play on, what do you think of Desharnais' play this season. What line should he play on?

Old
04-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Habs Junkie

I just can't wait to see Pacioretty freed from this burden. Him and Plecanek will be a great duo! I've been wanting to see this for almost 2 years now, will it ever happen?

Throw Ryder on that line and you got a solid number 1 line going into the playoffs.

Give Eller a promotion to 2nd line C with two vets in Gionta and Bourque

Put Desharnais on a 3 rd line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher in a sheltered role , when Prust comes back takes DDs spot

4th Halpern-Moen-white/Desharnais

Old
04-15-2013, 11:15 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I find it odd that you are complaining about Therrien and his decisions with Ryder in a Desharnais thread.

So now that you've made your opinion known on Ryder, Bourque, and what lines they should play on, what do you think of Desharnais' play this season. What line should he play on?
As I find it odd that you pump Eller on a DD thread.

The only reason I brought Ryder up in this thread is to show the foolishness of blaming DD for losing when Ryder has been neutered and placed on the 3rd line with a center he has no chemistry with.

If you cannot understand team dynamics and chemistry and the ripple effect that Bourque replacing Ryder on the 1st line has had throughout this team's "new" lines, then I dont see a reason to continue this conversation.

All DD bad, all the time.

Go Bourque Go!!!!!

Old
04-15-2013, 11:28 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:
As I find it odd that you pump Eller on a DD thread.

The only reason I brought Ryder up in this thread is to show the foolishness of blaming DD for losing when Ryder has been neutered and placed on the 3rd line with a center he has no chemistry with.

If you cannot understand team dynamics and chemistry and the ripple effect that Bourque replacing Ryder on the 1st line has had throughout this team's "new" lines, then I dont see a reason to continue this conversation.

All DD bad, all the time.

Go Bourque Go!!!!!
Nobody is putting this loss squarely on the shoulders of Desharnais. Perhaps the loss can be attributed to bad line combinations as you say. I don't have a strong opinion on which line Ryder should be. What I do know is that Desharnais has played bad. In a Desharnais thread, I would discuss which line Desharnais should play on. Which line do you think Desharnais should play on? Are you happy with Desharnais' play?

I talk about Eller in comparison to Desharnais at the Center position to demonstrate why it's stupid for Therrien to give Desharnais all of this unearned playing time.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:42 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Nobody is putting this loss squarely on the shoulders of Desharnais. Perhaps the loss can be attributed to bad line combinations as you say. I don't have a strong opinion on which line Ryder should be. What I do know is that Desharnais has played bad. In a Desharnais thread, I would discuss which line Desharnais should play on. Which line do you think Desharnais should play on? Are you happy with Desharnais' play?

I talk about Eller in comparison to Desharnais at the Center position to demonstrate why it's stupid for Therrien to give Desharnais all of this unearned playing time.
After the last two games, Desharnais is the least of our worries.

We did not become a top team in the East because of Desharnais. We became a top team in the East because of our formerly top line led by Pleks and Ryder and timely goals scored by the 2nd and 3rd line.

Blaming DD is not the answer. The answer lies in why Therrien demoted the best scorer on the team. When that problem is corrected, or even if that problem is corrected, then we can all jump back on the bash DD bandwagon.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:45 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
How much more can a Desharnais suck if a Desharnais could suck worse?

Old
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Et le But

New rule - don't let any center be on the ice at the same time as Giroux except Plekanec. We now have two other centers who will be calling him "daddy" from now on.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:09 AM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
New rule - don't let any center be on the ice at the same time as Giroux except Plekanec. We now have two other centers who will be calling him "daddy" from now on.
So... Desi Arnaz can't score 5on5, or on the PP, and can't play defense.

What's left? Should he don some goalie pads?

Old
04-16-2013, 05:14 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

He's a fine playmaker 5on5 in an exploiting role but that's the extent of his ability.

His contract makes sense in a vacuum but with Galchenyuk's development and Eller and Pleks being better defensive forwards I just don't see how this smurf can be a positive factor if he's getting 20min a night.

He lacks basic hockey fundamentals like defensive awareness, faceoffs, board play, etc.

Stick him on the third with Prust and Gio and let them work it out. Patches is out best winger, he should play with Pleks.

I cannot believe that he was extended mid season.

5'6"
Already in his mid-to-late 20s
Undrafted
No playoff experience of note
Having a bad season
RFA

He had no leverage whatsoever, why did Bergevin extend him midseason??

Old
04-16-2013, 05:40 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
He's a fine playmaker 5on5 in an exploiting role but that's the extent of his ability.

His contract makes sense in a vacuum but with Galchenyuk's development and Eller and Pleks being better defensive forwards I just don't see how this smurf can be a positive factor if he's getting 20min a night.

He lacks basic hockey fundamentals like defensive awareness, faceoffs, board play, etc.

Stick him on the third with Prust and Gio and let them work it out. Patches is out best winger, he should play with Pleks.

I cannot believe that he was extended mid season.

5'6"
Already in his mid-to-late 20s
Undrafted
No playoff experience of note
Having a bad season
RFA

He had no leverage whatsoever, why did Bergevin extend him midseason??
It really is baffling. Hard ball with PK....big deal for DD. Baffling.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:22 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
After the last two games, Desharnais is the least of our worries.

We did not become a top team in the East because of Desharnais. We became a top team in the East because of our formerly top line led by Pleks and Ryder and timely goals scored by the 2nd and 3rd line.

Blaming DD is not the answer. The answer lies in why Therrien demoted the best scorer on the team. When that problem is corrected, or even if that problem is corrected, then we can all jump back on the bash DD bandwagon.
guess one has forgotten he's writing in a DD thread...

Old
04-16-2013, 06:29 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
DD isn't carrying his weight, which says a lot because he hardly weighs anything at all.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:11 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

The worst part about Desharnais is he's not even creating any chances offensively, I'd live with his pathetic defense if he was able to produce offensively but he's just hurting the team right now. He's been giving enough chances this year, time to get him off the PP and move him to the wing or third line already.

Closed Thread