HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets jerseys at non-hockey sporting events, anyone do it?

Old
04-15-2013, 09:56 PM
TheDeuce
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1167
The only time I wore my Jets jersey to a non-Jets game was when we had double-header day. The Bombers played the Als at 2 and the Jets played the Hurricanes later that day at 7 (iirc, e&oe).

Hedging my bets meant wearing my Jets jersey underneath my Bomber jersey. Got a laugh from Sara Orlesky on the sidelines (my Bomber seats were / are front row on the field) when I showed how Winnipeg sports fans 'dress in layers'.

Other than that my Jets jersey stays in the closet. It's just not a comfortable garment for non-gameday wear.

m.

TheDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:31 PM
StronGeer
Hopeful Fleecer

vCash: 1337
If I didn't have a Bomber jersey with me, I'd wear my Jets jersey to a Bombers-Eskimos game. Just to show my affiliation and let everyone know who I'm cheering for. There were quite a few Jets jerseys in the crowd at Commonwealth shortly after the purchase of the Thrashers was announced IIRC.

Also, I do wear my Jets jersey around campus, but only on game days when we're playing a team that has a good chance of there being fans around campus (Toronto, Montreal etc.) just because I find it fun if I catch the eye of someone sporting their colours.

StronGeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:15 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

vCash: 500
i wear a jets jersey to all kinds of sporting events....I have a go to jersey that I can drink in and I don't care about staining.

I wore one to the President's Cup (golf) when it was in Montreal.

I wore one to a bull fight in Mexico City.

I wore one to the last Montreal Expos Game in New York (and their last home game a few days earlier).

I wore one to a Premiership soccer game (Fulham - Tottenham)...and numerous other soccer games.

I wore one to the Rugby World Cup.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:27 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
it makes as much sense as wearing a Jets jersey to a Habs/Leafs game. Just weird IMO
i've worn a jets jersey to numerous NHL games before the Jets came back.....if you are not a fan of either team, why not show where you come from.....i would do it now even with the jets back....i find it is always a great conversation starter...every time i do wear one somewhere in a foreign city people come up to talk about it.

when i wore my expos cap and jets jersey to the last expos game in new york i was showered with condolences.....they definitely got the irony....my two childhood teams, both gone.

funny thing is, i don't wear a jets jersey to jets games now.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
Red 5 standing by...

vCash: 949
I wore my old retro one to stuff before the team came back

got a usher at a Minnesota Twins Game pretty happy

Tom ServoMST3K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:55 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
I used to wear hockey jerseys on casual Fridays all the time when I worked offshore.

It was my way of supporting the sport in countries that knew nothing about it.
It may, perhaps, also been a reaction to all the premiership football jerseys that all my colleagues wore.

Considering one of our factories made football (soccer) jerseys the tech staff appreciated the complexity of them compared to what we made.

I wouldn't wear one to a different team sporting event though.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:32 AM
cutchemist42

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
i wear a jets jersey to all kinds of sporting events....I have a go to jersey that I can drink in and I don't care about staining.

I wore one to the President's Cup (golf) when it was in Montreal.

I wore one to a bull fight in Mexico City.

I wore one to the last Montreal Expos Game in New York (and their last home game a few days earlier).

I wore one to a Premiership soccer game (Fulham - Tottenham)...and numerous other soccer games.

I wore one to the Rugby World Cup.

If someone ever picked up on it in England I'd be shocked haha.

cutchemist42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:56 AM
TTOMO

Saw several at the 2011 Grey Cup, which really wasn't all that surprising, actually.

TTOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:10 PM
blues10

I never stopped wearing my Jets gear when the team left. I would wear a Jets jersey or T-shirt depending on the event. Since they've been back I havn't been attending many non Jets sporting events. Coors field - Jets t-shirt and I was on the jumbo- tron. Jobing.com in 2009 and 2010 Jets jersey. My wife and daughter appeared on sportsnet as we were all decked out. Vancouver 2010 both mens semi final games in Jets jerseys. Wearing a Jets jersey at the Olympics attracted alot of attention and conversation. I even met the son or grandson of the guy who designed one of the original Jets logo. Stamford Bridge I wore my Jets t-shirt. I wore my Jets t-shirt to the burj al arab in Dubai but no one recognized it and I seemed a bit underdressed.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote