HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #41 Chicago Blackhawks @ St. Louis Blues / Bringing back the home whites edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Here's what I'd do. I'd keep the 4th line intact and say you boys keep up what you're doing. On Tuesday, Jaskin goes in, McDonald sits. Oshie comes back, someone else sits (Perron, Stewart, Berglund, Schwartz, Tarasenko). But it's musical chairs. Those guys remaining in the lineup don't produce, McDonald comes right back in, someone new goes out. Just keep rotating, let Jaskin get a few games in a row, let Oshie work himself back in. I wouldn't remove Sobotka or Backes. Backes needs to be more productive offensively but he's still a physical force every game, and seems to have really upped that element the past few weeks. That's at least an important impact on the game he's having so I'd leave him in. Basically it's like who wants to win a spot in the lineup for the playoffs on this team? Ok, prove it and score (without being defensively irresponsible).
I like this idea, except for the part where McDonald comes back in.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:54 PM
diehardbluesfan

Have a question guys.. right before the second goal when Leopold (IIRC) got called for high sticking trying to keep the puck in the O-zone, why was that brought all the way down? Shouldn't it have been just right outside the zone?

Help is appreciated. Not blaming the refs on this one because we couldn't score on Corey ****ing Crawford, but two very questionable calls led to goals by the 'Hawks.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:02 AM
diehardbluesfan

Being at the game today was extremely embarrassing.. there were WAY to many obnoxious blackhawk fans there today. It's hard to keep them out with so many online sites selling tickets.

Blackhawks fans are the worst fans in all of sports. Most obnoxious, cocky *******s on this planet.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:02 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Have a question guys.. right before the second goal when Leopold (IIRC) got called for high sticking trying to keep the puck in the O-zone, why was that brought all the way down? Shouldn't it have been just right outside the zone?

Help is appreciated. Not blaming the refs on this one because we couldn't score on Corey ****ing Crawford, but two very questionable calls led to goals by the 'Hawks.
That's what the rule is, not a questionable call, just a brain fart by Leopold and the faceoff setup.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:18 AM
diehardbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
That's what the rule is, not a questionable call, just a brain fart by Leopold and the faceoff setup.
Can you show me the rule for that? A reason I ask is, I've seen a play similar to that with high sticking in the offensive zone and the puck was taken just outside the zone, not all the way down.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
I wish I could contribute to conversations but I haven't even really been able to sit down and just enjoy a game for weeks now.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:11 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Just watched the Steen penalty again. Perron got a two hander from Toews as he was shooting. I hate the idea of a conspiracy, especially that it's almost impossible to prove, but I've noticed A LOT of crappy things happen to this team. Maybe the refs are just THAT bad. I don't know. The team sure as hell isn't making it easy for themselves either.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:07 AM
BadgersandBlues

I like the idea of sitting Berglund for a game. He has never had any heat on him due to the fact that he's a Center and we never have a Center to replace him.

I think I'd be willing to let Oshie/Steen/Schwartz take a crack at Center while Berglund sits, especially against Vancouver.

I think him and AMac are the two I'd like to see get some pressbox time the most at this moment.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
blue bleeder 24-7

I was at the game and couldn't help but feel like the Blues got screwed on both goals. The first one came back to our end on a trip on Tarasenko, and the second one I had thought they called intentional off-sides.

But I can't recall knocked down with a high-stick coming all the way back to the zone. I thought it got set in the neutral zone...

Old
04-15-2013, 11:44 AM
SunDin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
I like the idea of sitting Berglund for a game. He has never had any heat on him due to the fact that he's a Center and we never have a Center to replace him.

I think I'd be willing to let Oshie/Steen/Schwartz take a crack at Center while Berglund sits, especially against Vancouver.

I think him and AMac are the two I'd like to see get some pressbox time the most at this moment.
makes sense to me, Berglund havent done much good of late...

Old
04-15-2013, 01:10 PM
KirkOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Can you show me the rule for that? A reason I ask is, I've seen a play similar to that with high sticking in the offensive zone and the puck was taken just outside the zone, not all the way down.

I thought the same thing. Upon further investingation, rule 80.4 makes a distinction for if the offending team is on the powerplay:

"80.4 Numerical Advantage - When either team is below the numerical strength (short-handed) of its opponent and a player of the team of greater numerical strength (power-play) causes a stoppage of play by striking the puck with his stick above the height of his shoulder, the resulting face-off shall be made at one of the end zone face-off spots adjacent to the goal of the team causing the stoppage. The numerical strength is determined at the time the play is stopped (not necessarily when the puck was struck with the high stick).
Should a player of the team of greater numerical strength (power-play) cause a stoppage of play by striking the puck with his stick above the height of his shoulder, and in so doing causes the puck to go out of play, the resulting face-off shall still be made at one of the end zone face-off spots adjacent to the goal of the team causing the stoppage.
Should a player of the team of greater numerical strength (power-play) cause a stoppage of play by striking the puck with his stick above the height of the crossbar, and in so doing causes the puck to enter the goal, the goal shall be disallowed and the resulting face-off shall still be made at one of the end zone face-off spots adjacent to the goal of the team causing the stoppage."

So it looks like they made the right call. Oh well...on to the next one

Old
04-15-2013, 01:22 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I was less irritated with the call than the fact that the Blues let Hossa get a clean shot on net right off the faceoff.

Old
04-15-2013, 03:04 PM
BadgersandBlues

So the encore of our game yesterday is on NHL Network right now, I turned it on right as the first goal against was being scored and a few things jumped out at me.

1) Tarasenko was in a -decent- shooting position. Not great, but not horrible either.

2) That being said, he absolutely got tripped. I mean blatant as could be. I think Seabrook's stick hit the rafters it flew so high.

3) Leopold made not one, but two, horrible plays in succession that lead to Bickell's goal. He didn't close off Stalberg against the wall when Stalberg had the puck, allowing him a free lane to the net. He also didn't pick up a man -at all- once the puck was thrown in front, just letting both Bickell and Shaw skate right into the crease, basically leaving Schwartz and Elliott out to dry.

I can understand Hitchcock being upset that we gave up a goal, but calling out Tarasenko is just unfair. We had plenty of people back to play D, but Leopold didn't execute. It bothers me that he's calling out one of our players who's at least TRYING to get the puck to the interior, and not calling out the veteran defenseman that Victor Stalberg and Brian Bickell (really skilled players there) made a fool of. Not to mention he also made the boneheaded high-stick play on the PP that lead to a D-zone face-off. Not exactly Leopold's finest hour so far.

I don't mind him trying to send the message that we need to simplify our offensive game, but to call out one of the few players that have been at least somewhat dangerous the last 3-4 games is silly to me.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:18 PM
diehardbluesfan

The Blackhawks got the better end of calls should not be surprising at all to Blues fans. Yesterday was just another example of that.

Again, I'm not blaming the refs for this loss at all, but to say the game was called good or called fairly is just not accurate at all. One obvious tripping call (On Tarasenko) led to the goal. At first, I thought the second goal was a result of a bad call, but KirkOut pointed out, it seems they did make the right call, although the rule makes no sense.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:27 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I was less irritated with the call than the fact that the Blues let Hossa get a clean shot on net right off the faceoff.
Umm what did you expect them to do? It was a clear faceoff win for Chicago right to a perfectly set up Hossa. The Blues had no time to get to him.

And the officiating was fine. The refs missed lots of callas on the Blues too, mainly on Backes who abused Toews several times and could have easily had at least 2 penalties in the game.

The fans need to stop making excuses. The Blues offense has poor execution and they really have no idea what it means to fire quality shots on net. Tarasenko's little move he made was just stupid and unnecessary. Shoot the puck kid. The missed tripping call wouldn't have happened if he didn't try the same move that has now been unsuccessful for 15 consecutive times. He needs to learn.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:20 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

They could....I don't know....win the face-off?

Old
04-16-2013, 12:22 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
They could....I don't know....win the face-off?
Thanks for that tidbit of info.

I suppose we are supposed to sulk about that? How dare they lose that faceoff, they should be winning 100% of the faceoffs... What?

That is pretty extreme nitpicking in terms of things to complain about.... You are gonna lose faceoffs sometimes, it's part of the game. Really nothing you can do about it.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:03 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Thanks for that tidbit of info.

I suppose we are supposed to sulk about that? How dare they lose that faceoff, they should be winning 100% of the faceoffs... What?

That is pretty extreme nitpicking in terms of things to complain about.... You are gonna lose faceoffs sometimes, it's part of the game. Really nothing you can do about it.
OK then, I guess I'll not be disappointed by those types of plays from now on. I'm glad you straightened me out on that.

Did you read my original post? I'm more disappointed in plays that the Blues had direct control over than in what the refs did/didn't call. I don't get why you're picking this comment to get condescending over. Gives off an internet pissing contest vibe, and I don't get your purpose.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
We need a win tomorrow badly.

Closed Thread