HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Evgeny Kuznetsov to Edmonton

Old
04-15-2013, 09:29 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
Gagner is at least worth Backstrom. Petry and Smid for Green and Ovechkin should be fair value as well.
I'm hoping you forgot the ""

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:47 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Are you honestly saying that Gagner, Smid, and Petry are comparable to Orlov, laich and Brouwer? Come on, you guys really need to get a handle on things.
You realize Brouwer is on a 30g+ pace over a full season right (for >$3 mil per)? Orlov is a prized prospect and Laich is a guy (when healthy) that every team in the NHL would love to have.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:48 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Gagner is at least worth Backstrom. Petry and Smid for Green and Ovechkin should be fair value as well.
The comedic force is strong in this one...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:30 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Johansson is like Gagner in terms of style, but not as effective. And Brouwer is not a better player than Petry or Smid, but nice try.
Actually I'd say they're very, very similar. Gagner has a career high of 47 points (last year), which he would break this year. Johansson has a career high of 46 points (last year), which he would break this year.

Johansson started the season off playing injured, which resulted in just 1 goal in his 1st 9 games. He then missed a month, and since his return has 4g 13a in 21gp (a 33 point pace, 2 points off of Gagner). Johansson also has a pretty good 2 way game and is a year younger. I'd say that's as close as it gets...

And it's hard to compare forwards to Defensemen. I'd say Smid and Brouwer are very similar. Best suited as 2nd line/pair players, but could also fit in just fine on the 1st line/pair. Just very solid players who get the job done.

But I'd say Brouwer>Petry... As is Orlov

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
The comedic force is strong in this one...
But he's right, Backstrom has never had an eight point game.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:35 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Brouwer has more goals than Crosby, Kessel, Parise, Wheeler, Seguin, Perry or any of the Oilers. Think about it.
He's a career 15-20 goal scorer on average. I'd be skeptical to have him as more than a third liner (second liner in a pinch). Although I will admit, that he may have broken out, its one year of offense for what has been a 30 point forward up until now.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:37 PM
txpd

actually, johansson has 19 games since coming off of IR with 17 pts. thats huge.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:37 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Actually I'd say they're very, very similar. Gagner has a career high of 47 points (last year), which he would break this year. Johansson has a career high of 46 points (last year), which he would break this year.

Johansson started the season off playing injured, which resulted in just 1 goal in his 1st 9 games. He then missed a month, and since his return has 4g 13a in 21gp (a 33 point pace, 2 points off of Gagner). Johansson also has a pretty good 2 way game and is a year younger. I'd say that's as close as it gets...

And it's hard to compare forwards to Defensemen. I'd say Smid and Brouwer are very similar. Best suited as 2nd line/pair players, but could also fit in just fine on the 1st line/pair. Just very solid players who get the job done.

But I'd say Brouwer>Petry... As is Orlov
Petry has been better than Smid this year. He's been our best d-man in the second half of this shortened season. So if Smid = Brouwer, then Petry > Brouwer.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:40 PM
txpd

Quote:
He's a career 15-20 goal scorer on average. I'd be skeptical to have him as more than a third liner (second liner in a pinch). Although I will admit, that he may have broken out, its one year of offense for what has been a 30 point forward up until now.
brouwer scored 22 goals for chicago in their cup season where he skated a good bit of first line time and pp time. he scores 17-18 goals when mostly playing 3rd line time.

often, like mike knuble, a player like this that can score on the power play can be counted on for a steady 25/30 goals a season. this appears to be where brouwer is headed. it will be important for him to back up his production next season, but the caps got him with the idea that he was a scorer and said so at the time. his production is bearing that out.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:42 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
brouwer scored 22 goals for chicago in their cup season where he skated a good bit of first line time and pp time. he scores 17-18 goals when mostly playing 3rd line time.

often, like mike knuble, a player like this that can score on the power play can be counted on for a steady 25/30 goals a season. this appears to be where brouwer is headed. it will be important for him to back up his production next season, but the caps got him with the idea that he was a scorer and said so at the time. his production is bearing that out.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said, but up until this year, he's had one 20 goal year. He's been mostly a 15-20 goal guy. All I'm saying, is that his huge goal output this year may be an outlier, and not the norm of what this player can bring.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Tank Commander
Perennial Letdown

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
But your comment was as ignorant as saying EDM would not trade Klefbom to WSH unless one of Backstrom and Alzner are coming back.

Yes because it would really make sense to trade one of EDM's top liners each of which is good enough to challenge for team Canada olympic team for a very good prospect who might never play for EDM ..
The point of OP was that EDM is still rebuilding while WSH might want to push for playoffs this year and make some trades. A rebuilding team would not move a key core player.
uhhh, sorry? Which Edmonton player is going to challenge for a spot on Team Canada? Did they make a big trade at the deadline that I missed or something?

Tank Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:50 PM
txpd

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said, but up until this year, he's had one 20 goal year. He's been mostly a 15-20 goal guy. All I'm saying, is that his huge goal output this year may be an outlier, and not the norm of what this player can bring.
its a risk, but a professional can see the difference in ice time. an 18 goal scorer that gets 15 even strenth goals as a 3rd line that scores 25 on a 2nd line with regular power play time gains his goals from the added ice time. its pretty straight ahead.

now....if he puts up a second 30 goal pace season next season, then he would not be available from any team that might have him. in the caps case, he's not available anyway.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:17 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Is this a joke? Please tell me you're joking.

This thread is embarrassing.

AlexBrovechkin8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:30 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:
That bolded part is the funniest thing. It isn't "At most", it's "AT LEAST" . This post is awesome for just how... Well... I don't even need to say it.

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:52 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
If this year doesn't matter, then Gagner is small, non-physical third-line center, right?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:00 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Troy Brouwer is who Edmonton need. Physical depth wingers.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:05 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
uhhh, sorry? Which Edmonton player is going to challenge for a spot on Team Canada? Did they make a big trade at the deadline that I missed or something?
Hall for sure is a contender to make team Canada. Possibly Eberle and RNH depending on how they play next year.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
I can't believe how many people didn't get that this was blatant sarcasm. I think the sarcasm smiley has dulled peoples' senses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
McPhee's confidence in Brouwer as the 2RW now and for the foreseeable future was probably one of the biggest reasons he felt he could trade Forsberg. He literally thought there'd be no room for Filip. Right or wrong, that should tell you all you need to know about his availability.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:14 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Washington needs a shake up, Edmonton is still rebuilding. Kuznetsov is already a great player, but he's going to stay in Russia until 2014/2015 season. However, Kuznetsov & Yakupov could form a dangerous scoring threat for years to come. Edmonton has several good pieces behind their Big 5 that could help the Caps right now + picks and prospects. Is there a trade here?

Untouchables: RNH, Eberle, Hall, Yakupov, J.Schultz

Discuss.
He may never come over . He is a high end talent and the caps will want to be paid as such . From our side why are we going to trade a high end player for a player that we will not see until 2014 and he may never come .

In before the Caps fan state he is coming . People change their mind all the time , also why come here when he can make more in the KHL

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Tank Commander
Perennial Letdown

vCash: 742
Quote:
Hall for sure is a contender to make team Canada. Possibly Eberle and RNH depending on how they play next year.
Maybe Hall, but unlikely and there's next to no chance for the other two to make the Sochi team IMHO.

Tank Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
He may never come over . He is a high end talent and the caps will want to be paid as such . From our side why are we going to trade a high end player for a player that we will not see until 2014 and he may never come .

In before the Caps fan state he is coming . People change their mind all the time , also why come here when he can make more in the KHL
Throw out a little Ad ignorantiam and then follow it up by excluding the people who would have the most knowledge of the situation...nice.

And to the bolded, I don't know ask the OP...

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:18 PM
McShogun99

Quote:
I think Hall is a lock on LW. Eberle is a long shot but might make it due to past hockey Canada experience. RNH has no chance.

McShogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
But he's right, Backstrom has never had an eight point game.
Gagner is worth more than Backstrom? Don't let me choke on that.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:48 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Maybe Hall, but unlikely and there's next to no chance for the other two to make the Sochi team IMHO.
I already admitted they were a longshot. Based on his season last year, Eberle has a real legitimate shot, if he bounces back. RNH probably not, he's too new and hasn't proven enough to get a spot over the Crosby's, Toew's, Getzlaf's, etc. Hall is hardly a longshot though. Not only is he one of the top scoring lw's in the game, he has the drive and determination that winning teams need. And let's not forget that Lowe has some say on who gets on these teams, he's on the selection crew. He'll push for at least one of these kids to be on the team.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
That "depth winger" has two more goals than anyone on Edmonton.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote