HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 11:18 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I would play him in Pittsburgh. If he gives up some early goals, pull him. He needs to just get out there.
Can't pull him anymore. It's at the point where you have to put him in there and leave them there for the full game.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Can't pull him anymore. It's at the point where you have to put him in there and leave them there for the full game.
Two quick goals? I'd pull him. I'd probably sit him the next night have a conversation with him and then play him the rest of the year.

No way would I want him left to the wolves with Pittsburgh. It would do more harm than good. Give him the start, see how he does and hopefully the team can pull out a win. But if it starts looking like it did tonight, give him the hook.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

WED APR 17, 2013
MONTRÉAL
PITTSBURGH

THU APR 18, 2013
TAMPA BAY
MONTRÉAL

SAT APR 20, 2013
WASHINGTON
MONTRÉAL

TUE APR 23, 2013
MONTRÉAL
NEW JERSEY

THU APR 25, 2013
MONTRÉAL
WINNIPEG

SAT APR 27, 2013
MONTRÉAL
TORONTO

So how would you guys handle the last 6 games? Should Price start them all?

Old
04-15-2013, 11:34 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Two quick goals? I'd pull him. I'd probably sit him the next night have a conversation with him and then play him the rest of the year.

No way would I want him left to the wolves with Pittsburgh. It would do more harm than good. Give him the start, see how he does and hopefully the team can pull out a win. But if it starts looking like it did tonight, give him the hook.
Pulling him 3 games in a row.. You just can't do it. We have to play a Martin style of a game next few games. We have to focus on being very very stingy defensively.. trap game, one man forecheck, very little pressure.. sit back and wait for mistakes. Going to be ugly but the team needs to get the message that it can't just run around all the time.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
WED APR 17, 2013
MONTRÉAL
PITTSBURGH

THU APR 18, 2013
TAMPA BAY
MONTRÉAL

SAT APR 20, 2013
WASHINGTON
MONTRÉAL

TUE APR 23, 2013
MONTRÉAL
NEW JERSEY

THU APR 25, 2013
MONTRÉAL
WINNIPEG

SAT APR 27, 2013
MONTRÉAL
TORONTO

He plays thee next two. Sit him against Washington on Saturday and maybe against the Leafs so he can rest up for the playoffs.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:37 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Put him up against Pittsburgh. If he lets in 3 quick ones in the first, you aren't gonna come back and win in, make him tough it out. Play Budaj against Tampa, If Price plays bad and Budaj plays good, put Budaj up against Washington. Then, let Price play the next three. In my mind, he absolutely needs to redeem himself against Toronto.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:38 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
WED APR 17, 2013
MONTRÉAL
PITTSBURGH

THU APR 18, 2013
TAMPA BAY
MONTRÉAL

SAT APR 20, 2013
WASHINGTON
MONTRÉAL

TUE APR 23, 2013
MONTRÉAL
NEW JERSEY

THU APR 25, 2013
MONTRÉAL
WINNIPEG

SAT APR 27, 2013
MONTRÉAL
TORONTO

I'd sit him definitely against Tampa since their season is over so the game is going to lack the playoff intensity (unless it gets ugly, but even then, it's not PO intensity). I'd consider sitting him against NJ as well for the same reason as they're looking less likely.

Winnipeg is a crazy arena, always a PO atmosphere, and on top of that they're in the fight for a spot. I really hope he plays.

Essentially, this is not the time to shelter him. He needs to battle through the struggles straight-up and the more PO like games he gets in the better.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavis View Post
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many posts someone has, or where they start.

Craig Davis will say what he wants, when he wants, how he wants.

This is a Carey Price Discussion Thread. Carey Price is playing TERRIBLY, so we're all discussing it.

The bottom line is this: in the past two games, he's played 49:61. In those minutes, he's let in NINE GOALS over the course of only 33 shots! That save percentage is 73% (rounded up).

You say 'Reputable hockey minds don't count games in pairs.'. If that's what you think, fine, but the fact of the matter is that those are not professional numbers and these past two games is just showing what I've been saying for years, Carey Price IS NOT the elite goalie every one thinks he is.

The difference between an elite franchise goaltender and a journeyman is consistency, Price is not consistent.
You've been saying it for years but you've only got the time to make an account tonight.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Laboeuf

I say we start Price every game, he needs to get out of this stunk, if he doesn't we are in trouble come playoffs. In which Price will be traded to Edmonton for Nail Yakupov and a first round pick this year.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laboeuf View Post
I say we start Price every game, he needs to get out of this stunk, if he doesn't we are in trouble come playoffs. In which Price will be traded to Edmonton for Nail Yakupov and a first round pick this year.
Bad idea. The habs are trying to win the division. It's not right to put a player ahead of the team.

Budaj starts next game and if he wins, he's in the game after that.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:43 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Bad idea. The habs are trying to win the division. It's not right to put a player ahead of the team.

Budaj starts next game and if he wins, he's in the game after that.
You're gonna tell your #1 goalie he isn't the top priority in nets like 6 games before the playoffs? Budaj, while solid isn't going to bring the team anywhere in the playoffs. If Price ***** the bed now, he's gonna **** the bed in the playoffs. If Budaj plays well now, he isn't going to last very long in the playoffs. He's not a Halak who can pull off a miracle run. He'll get picked apart sooner or later.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:47 AM
22Brad Park

Sorry to butt in on this thread but i think real thing no one wants to talk about is loss of Emelin, Habs are 1-4 since he went down and Markov -6.Thats the guy habs cannot replace and will miss in a 7 game series vs bruising teams.I think that is real issue for u guys not goaltending.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:50 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Sorry to butt in on this thread but i think real thing no one wants to talk about is loss of Emelin, Habs are 1-4 since he went down and Markov -6.Thats the guy habs cannot replace and will miss in a 7 game series vs bruising teams.I think that is real issue for u guys not tending.
I just came to post this

Yeah I think we miss him

Old
04-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
You're gonna tell your #1 goalie he isn't the top priority in nets like 6 games before the playoffs? Budaj, while solid isn't going to bring the team anywhere in the playoffs. If Price ***** the bed now, he's gonna **** the bed in the playoffs. If Budaj plays well now, he isn't going to last very long in the playoffs. He's not a Halak who can pull off a miracle run. He'll get picked apart sooner or later.
I didn't say he's not a priority but you don't just let him stink it up every single game and keep putting him back there like there's no consequences.

NO EXCUSES remember so this holds for White, Eller, Weber, Kaberle, Gomez and it should hold for Carey Price too.

You don't cost the team key points and a key seeding. You don't favor a player and in return cause the detriment of the team.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:53 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
I just came to post this

Yeah I think we miss him
Yea thats just way I see it.Every goalie has rough patches but usually the good ones will play better then bad most times.Losing a rugged D man thats hard to play against hurts.Numbers in this case are pointing right at it too.O well ,all teams get injuries I guess.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:01 AM
bib
#believe

Start Price in most of those games, don't change it up from the season formula.

However, if he stinks in the playoffs, that's a different story, and Budaj will get his opportunity.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Start Price in most of those games, don't change it up from the season formula.

However, if he stinks in the playoffs, that's a different story, and Budaj will get his opportunity.
You can't say that ...

Budaj starts next game ..plays lights out and gets a 1-0 shutout win vs Pittsburgh.

What do you do now? Do you go with Budaj or Price?

Let's say you go with Budaj and he wins again (no shutout), what do you do?

Let's say you go with Price and he lets in 5 goals and you lose the game, you don't go back to Budaj...

Before we were saying we are going to finish 2nd or 4th ..not we might not have home ice at all ...

Team before Price!

Old
04-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
And you know that how that he wont last very long in the series? People have so much blind faith in Carey Price that my eyes are hurting

Old
04-16-2013, 01:07 AM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Missed the game but ****. I hope Price picks it up soon and really fast...worst time to go on a bad stretch

04-16-2013, 01:10 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Sorry to butt in on this thread but i think real thing no one wants to talk about is loss of Emelin, Habs are 1-4 since he went down and Markov -6.Thats the guy habs cannot replace and will miss in a 7 game series vs bruising teams.I think that is real issue for u guys not goaltending.
Couldn't agree more with you.

Price will be fine.

My hopes for the team are drastically diminished without Emelin.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:12 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Missed the game but ****. I hope Price picks it up soon and really fast...worst time to go on a bad stretch
Was the D, not him. And I mean team D. And I mean DD (on at least one goal that we could have done without at that point). Actually the other DD was pretty garbage too.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Couldn't agree more with you.

Price will be fine.

My hopes for the team are drastically diminished without Emelin.
Agree. I was getting criticized when I said we needed to pick up more toughness and defensive cover at the deadline.

I hope people see it now.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:13 AM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Half our losses have come against the Pens, Flyers and the Leafs and they have all been huge losses...you gotta figure out a pattern here, we suck against big team. No doubt Emelin not being there is hurting us

Old
04-16-2013, 01:14 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Was the D, not him. And I mean team D. And I mean DD (on at least one goal that we could have done without at that point). Actually the other DD was pretty garbage too.
Defense was bad but so was Price. Hes not making the big saves. He looks out of position. He looks on his knees most of the time.

I'm not blaming Price alone but to completely remove Price from being the actual problem in the past 2 games is laughable.

Price is the single biggest reason we lost the past 2 games (but not the only reason).

Old
04-16-2013, 01:15 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Agree. I was getting criticized when I said we needed to pick up more toughness and defensive cover at the deadline.

I hope people see it now.
I'm with LG and others on that front though. We got very unlucky losing a key guy RIGHT after the deadline. We weren't going for the Cup this year. Personally, I'm glad we didn't do anything.

That said, we got screwed by the injury so our cinderella season just took a bad turn. We will need the picks and prospects when we're actually going for the Cup, not just trying to make it to the ECF by virtue of luck and matchups.

Closed Thread