HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds vs Nucks

Old
04-15-2013, 09:35 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 500
Looks like we took some numbers there at the end.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:37 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Haha throw back joke

04-15-2013, 09:39 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I would like to point out that when I left to go to the gym during the second we scored two goals. I guess if we are really going to tank I should make sure to watch all of the games.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Top 6 Spaling

Hey, at least we looked like we're pissed about losing.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
darth5
Rowsdower!

I generally don't have lots of respect for the Canucks as a group. Lots of whining to officials. Have seen a few times tonight where they seem to be lining up for cheap shots. Wouldn't you just want to get the two points and get out of town without escalating the physical play? Anyway what I hate most is they have many individually talented players that seem to spend too much time looking for where the officials are. Burrows is an example. I would rather not describe my feelings about him in a public forum. Clearly though the guy DOES have hockey skills. If he expended half the effort he does on the crap side of his game and watching for when the officials are looking to see what he can get away with making hockey plays he could be a solid 2nd liner on most teams. The incident with Gill is just one more of many.
Just want this season in the books. Pekka needs to get his head cleared and work out whatever has plagued him this year. We are getting to see some very talented young players. Beck is making a strong case for the opening day roster. Watson seems a work in progress at this point.
As for Forsberg, well granted this is a small sample size. But I think he is every bit as good as GMDP advertised. As to why the Caps would be willing to deal him, they have a pretty full forward roster now and Kuznetsov is supposed to come over next season last I heard. Like Nashville has been with D prospects, they have been with talented forwards. This was where their organizational depth was. McPhee thought he could add a veteran for now and he had an asset he had in depth. Poile drove a hard bargain from what I read, as it was not an instant slam dunk. But I think both side profit from the deal, provided Erat's recent injury isn't serious.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Biggun35
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Is anything better than Angry Shea? I think not.
Too bad we don't see it until 2 minutes left in a game that the Preds are losing.

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Legionnaire11

4 games left and eliminated from the Playoffs... at least there's only one more home game, so we don't have to be embarrassed by the attendance numbers.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
forsberg is unreal! hes gonna be an elite player in this league

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:49 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun35 View Post
Too bad we don't see it until 2 minutes left in a game that the Preds are losing.
True. I wish he'd play like that all the time.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:51 PM
The PH Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
I was gonna say that I was pretty impressed with the chances/shots he created even though nothing dropped.

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:53 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post
I was gonna say that I was pretty impressed with the chances/shots he created even though nothing dropped.
I like what I've seen from him as well. I don't really expect him to score anything, but he has looked very good considering he has played all of two games on NA ice and both of them were at the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
True. I wish he'd play like that all the time.
Haha he'd always be in the penalty box! But it is nice to see our captain with some fire in his belly.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:02 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
at least there's only one more home game, so we don't have to be embarrassed by the attendance numbers.
Embarrassed by the attendance numbers???? Seriously?

For the life of me I just cannot understand why so many want to crap on our attendance. With the shape we are in right now, our fans should be applauded for not only the number in the building in games like this, but the energy in the building (timeout standing ovation).

16,500 tonight- once upon a time we would have been lucky to have 12,000 for a game like this.

In what has been one of the worst, most miserable seasons ever for the Predators, almost every game has been a sellout and we are at 99% capacity for the season.

Yeah, that is so embarrassing..............

If you want to be negative, there is plenty to choose from to talk about this year- attendance and fan support ain't one of them............... [OFF SOAPBOX]

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Filipthefuture

I am just glad our ahl team finally got a goal

Filipthefuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:07 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Embarrassed by the attendance numbers???? Seriously?

For the life of me I just cannot understand why so many want to crap on our attendance. With the shape we are in right now, our fans should be applauded for not only the number in the building in games like this, but the energy in the building (timeout standing ovation).

16,500 tonight- once upon a time we would have been lucky to have 12,000 for a game like this.

In what has been one of the worst, most miserable seasons ever for the Predators, almost every game has been a sellout and we are at 99% capacity for the season.

Yeah, that is so embarrassing..............

If you want to be negative, there is plenty to choose from to talk about this year- attendance and fan support ain't one of them............... [OFF SOAPBOX]
absolutely..... the fan support has been tremendous this year......

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Jarnberg

The Canucks fans should be embarrassed with their players really. To have to resort to that type of crap against a non-playoff team with a bunch of AHL callups. Yuck. They have enough skill to not have to do that stuff

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:20 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I remember when 16,500 was a good draw on a Saturday for a winning team. On a Monday for a losing team? Unheard of.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
I think a lot of people stayed at home, with what happened in Boston. The tickets were sold, but they also said they had the bomb dogs at the arena. Risk/reward people stayed home.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:48 PM
glenngineer

Sorry but I've defended Weber for way too long. He needs to go and he needs to go now. I have no idea why it took him or Josi so long to get to Kassian but to let Kassian cross check Rinne and then just come in and push him out of the way is insane. Someone does that to your goalie you come in flying with the gloves dropped and fists flying. Why did he wait to start throwing any sort of punches at Kassian until Kassian face washed him? That is not a captain, that is someone who is not with the team at all. I hated Arnott as a captain but when Burrows leveled Dumont he was right there beating the ever living snot out of Burrows. That's what a captain does. Walker and Sullivan would never have let that happen. Heck, Suter fought Morrow one night when he bumped our goalie. Suter didn't want to go but he did. That's what you do, you have your teammates back. I really have no idea what the problem is with Weber. I have no idea what's wrong or up with this team but they don't have each others backs anymore. They used to. I can't remember a time when they didn't fight for one another. This year I don't see it at all.

Heck, no one had Weber's back either to be honest. He and Burrows were going at it one shift in the third and Hamhuis comes over to give Weber a little love tap and no one is there to back up Weber then I think one of the Sedins comes over and puts Weber on the ice yet no one on our team is there to back Weber up. What team doesn't have their captain's back?

Something is rotten in the Preds locker room. I have no idea what it is but something is not right. I don't know if Weber truly doesn't want to be here and if he doesn't, good bye and good riddance. I don't know if guys are jealous of his contract or upset with him because he signed an offer sheet but if they are, those guys need to go. It's a business and he got his deal, get over it.

There is no excuse for what I saw tonight and have seen all season long. If you don't have your teammates back, get it out in the locker room, discuss it and move forward. No one is doing that and it shows. We had one period where we looked like a hockey team tonight and when they scored goal number 4, we gave up, plain and simple. I don't care that we're icing half of an AHL team. What I do care about is guys who are vets that gave up. What I care about is young guys fighting for spots on next years roster giving up. I get it that we're not talented right now but talent or no talent, there's a thing called effort. If they've given up on the year then fine, forfeit the rest of the games so we as fans don't have to watch this steaming pile of dog crap. It's a freaking joke.

I'll say it one last time, if your goalie is getting talked to by the enemy and then takes a swipe at him, he needs to be eating ice with 5 Preds on top of him. The team is a freaking joke. You mess with the goalie and you need to pay. I hope Trotz got all the numbers tonight so he can do something about it next year. Freaking joke of a team. They've quit on the coach and the fans.

Sad thing is, we wanted hockey back and for the lockout to end. I would've rather seen no hockey than to see this garbage.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:18 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
I may be in the minority on here, but considering the roster we are throwing out there, we are doing a pretty good job for the most part of staying competitive- we aren't winning games and may not win another one, but its obvious the team has not quit.......

And kudos to our fans, as well- they haven't quit either- a tv timeout standing ovation in a game like this (and after a month of absolute misery??) That is pretty freaking awesome

How many fan bases would do that if they were in the shape we are in right now?? Not many.....

As the guys on NBC said during the telecast on Sunday- we have a pretty smart and saavy hockey crowd- I think most of them at the game understand what is going on and are acting accordingly.
I'm with you in the minority. I've been fortunate enough to attend all of the games this year, and imo the boys are still playing to win, and as long as they're giving their all, then they deserve my support. As I told the Red Wings fans that sat next to us last game and the gents who were behind us tonight, being a fan means you support the team during both the good times and the bad. Otherwise you're nothing better than all of the bandwagon Suckhawk fans we detest and make fun of.

The standing O was great tonight. I was hoping FF would get to experience one before the season was over, not to mention the youngsters from Milwaukee.

I don't know who the ref wearing 13 was tonight, but he was a huge bucket of suck tonight. First he calls that bush league roughing call on Gill, then he just watches as Kesler hits one of our players high, and again just watches when Kesler high sticks one of our players. Just pathetic.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:38 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Sorry but I've defended Weber for way too long. He needs to go and he needs to go now. I have no idea why it took him or Josi so long to get to Kassian but to let Kassian cross check Rinne and then just come in and push him out of the way is insane. Someone does that to your goalie you come in flying with the gloves dropped and fists flying. Why did he wait to start throwing any sort of punches at Kassian until Kassian face washed him? That is not a captain, that is someone who is not with the team at all. I hated Arnott as a captain but when Burrows leveled Dumont he was right there beating the ever living snot out of Burrows. That's what a captain does. Walker and Sullivan would never have let that happen. Heck, Suter fought Morrow one night when he bumped our goalie. Suter didn't want to go but he did. That's what you do, you have your teammates back. I really have no idea what the problem is with Weber. I have no idea what's wrong or up with this team but they don't have each others backs anymore. They used to. I can't remember a time when they didn't fight for one another. This year I don't see it at all.

Heck, no one had Weber's back either to be honest. He and Burrows were going at it one shift in the third and Hamhuis comes over to give Weber a little love tap and no one is there to back up Weber then I think one of the Sedins comes over and puts Weber on the ice yet no one on our team is there to back Weber up. What team doesn't have their captain's back?

Something is rotten in the Preds locker room. I have no idea what it is but something is not right. I don't know if Weber truly doesn't want to be here and if he doesn't, good bye and good riddance. I don't know if guys are jealous of his contract or upset with him because he signed an offer sheet but if they are, those guys need to go. It's a business and he got his deal, get over it.

There is no excuse for what I saw tonight and have seen all season long. If you don't have your teammates back, get it out in the locker room, discuss it and move forward. No one is doing that and it shows. We had one period where we looked like a hockey team tonight and when they scored goal number 4, we gave up, plain and simple. I don't care that we're icing half of an AHL team. What I do care about is guys who are vets that gave up. What I care about is young guys fighting for spots on next years roster giving up. I get it that we're not talented right now but talent or no talent, there's a thing called effort. If they've given up on the year then fine, forfeit the rest of the games so we as fans don't have to watch this steaming pile of dog crap. It's a freaking joke.

I'll say it one last time, if your goalie is getting talked to by the enemy and then takes a swipe at him, he needs to be eating ice with 5 Preds on top of him. The team is a freaking joke. You mess with the goalie and you need to pay. I hope Trotz got all the numbers tonight so he can do something about it next year. Freaking joke of a team. They've quit on the coach and the fans.

Sad thing is, we wanted hockey back and for the lockout to end. I would've rather seen no hockey than to see this garbage.
Webs and Josi both came back when they saw Kassian jawing at Peks. When Kassian took a swipe at Peks, the official (not sure if a linesman or ref) grabbed Kassian and took him behind the net, and both Weber and Josi went after him. Weber didn't wait to get facewashed, he was going after Kassian as he should.

I will agree with you that it seems like our players don't stand up for each other as they should. . That's been going on for a couple of years now though.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Disappointed in Trotz for not sending the entire bench onto the ice to respond to Kassian crosschecking Rinne. There was no need for him to be in the crease. There was certainly not any reason for him to touch Rinne once, much less twice. He knew someone would be coming and when he turned to see who it was he should have been made to crap his pants at the swarm of gold jerseys heading directly at him.

Didn't like that Weber simply pushed Kassian and then waited to get punched before going after him, but to be honest I think it's been drilled into him that he is more valuable on the ice than to be taken out by a punk. That's something that has to be addressed though. Weber is the captain of the team. He has to realize sometimes there are things that are done that do not require thought, but simply action in a swift and severe manner. Josi had no problem blowing past Weber and the linesman to get at Kassian before Lapierre pulled his punk move and attacked Josi from behind.

Hockey is a game that's built around forcing your opponent to make choices and capitalizing on the mistakes that they make. Nashville would've faced serious fines and suspensions for sending the bench, but this season? This season you don't hesitate to do it! Vancouver has everything to lose. You make them jump the bench too and make them answer for themselves in front of the league commissioner.

Loved the 2nd period. Couldn't figure out which team played last night and which team had been sitting in Nashville since late Friday night watching the other play. That was a great period by the team. They showed they can play, they showed they have some gumption, and most importantly they showed that despite the injuries they can still be effective! Unfortunately, reality took over after O'Halloran called Gill for a weak roughing minor after Burrows got away with at least four minor penalties in the 30 seconds leading up to it and the Canucks capitalized on the ensuing PP.

Overall, pleased with some of the younger players stepping up their games tonight. Happy to see the growth of Ekholm and believe he'll be in the NHL next season. But disappointed with our measured response to the bush league tactics of Kassian, etc...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:47 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Disappointed in Trotz for not sending the entire bench onto the ice to respond to Kassian crosschecking Rinne. There was no need for him to be in the crease. There was certainly not any reason for him to touch Rinne once, much less twice. He knew someone would be coming and when he turned to see who it was he should have been made to crap his pants at the swarm of gold jerseys heading directly at him.

Didn't like that Weber simply pushed Kassian and then waited to get punched before going after him, but to be honest I think it's been drilled into him that he is more valuable on the ice than to be taken out by a punk. That's something that has to be addressed though. Weber is the captain of the team. He has to realize sometimes there are things that are done that do not require thought, but simply action in a swift and severe manner. Josi had no problem blowing past Weber and the linesman to get at Kassian before Lapierre pulled his punk move and attacked Josi from behind.

Hockey is a game that's built around forcing your opponent to make choices and capitalizing on the mistakes that they make. Nashville would've faced serious fines and suspensions for sending the bench, but this season? This season you don't hesitate to do it! Vancouver has everything to lose. You make them jump the bench too and make them answer for themselves in front of the league commissioner.

Loved the 2nd period. Couldn't figure out which team played last night and which team had been sitting in Nashville since late Friday night watching the other play. That was a great period by the team. They showed they can play, they showed they have some gumption, and most importantly they showed that despite the injuries they can still be effective! Unfortunately, reality took over after O'Halloran called Gill for a weak roughing minor after Burrows got away with at least four minor penalties in the 30 seconds leading up to it and the Canucks capitalized on the ensuing PP.

Overall, pleased with some of the younger players stepping up their games tonight. Happy to see the growth of Ekholm and believe he'll be in the NHL next season. But disappointed with our measured response to the bush league tactics of Kassian, etc...
SL, it's amazing how much respect I have for your hockey knowledge. I didn't believe there would be a time when I would agree with you more that 100 percent, but that time has come now. My pride for the Nashville Predators returned tonight by their hustle and grit which had been missing. My pride (and confidence ) in this coaching staff, though, is about to leave the building. Not only the consistently poor displays of passing have led me to question this regime's chance of getting this team over the barrier into at least a FINALS, but now it seems the Predators have reverted back to being pushed around in every phase of the physical aspect of an NHL and NHL playoff schedule. I really, really, REALLY hope there's a change of philosophy when our new edition Predators take the ice for the next phase of this program. And, thank you SL for sharing your insight.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:11 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Disappointed in Trotz for not sending the entire bench onto the ice to respond to Kassian crosschecking Rinne. There was no need for him to be in the crease. There was certainly not any reason for him to touch Rinne once, much less twice.
Rinne started it when he crosschecked Kassian while Kassian was quietly standing around outside the crease watching the play and facing the other way. Rinne instigated the event with that pointless crosscheck to the back. Kassian gave him a stare and a couple of pushes he wouldn't have even felt under his goalie gear.

Quote:
Didn't like that Weber simply pushed Kassian and then waited to get punched before going after him, but to be honest I think it's been drilled into him that he is more valuable on the ice than to be taken out by a punk.
Huh? Weber was the first guy in but he couldn't do much other than that quick crosscheck because the ref got in the way then pushed Kassian to the back wall. Short of crushing the ref Weber couldn't do much else he comes straight back in after his crosscheck to Kassian pushed him away.

Quote:
Josi had no problem blowing past Weber and the linesman to get at Kassian before Lapierre pulled his punk move and attacked Josi from behind.
I don't get the Josi love, he skates in, looks frightened to do anything and just stands around watching. He didn't do anything until Kassian engaged Weber. Waiting until your opponent is being held by the ref and facing the other way fighting someone else before throwing punches is not proactive toughness.

As for Lapierre I'm not sure what the issue is here, he did nothing cheap, he just tied up Josi (2nd man in). Josi could have gone with Lapierre but Josi went back to being as quiet as a church mouse again when faced with an opponent 1 on 1.

You guys are being way too hard on Weber here because once the ref got involved so quickly it was hard for Weber, who was clearly looking to start something, to get a fight going. I like the Preds I'm just defending Weber, I think he tried.

I'm not sure people wanted a bench clearing brawl complete with automatic 10 game suspension, over a push by Kassian on an event started by Rinne.

whole event is on here, start at 8:13, Rinne starting it at 9:10

=========================================

Anyway I hope Nashville get a great pick this year it's a well run franchise with good fans. Someone like Mackinnon/Drouin/Barkov would look great in Preds colours and give you that long absent elite forward to go with Forsberg. Good luck for the rest of the season and at the draft. See you next year and stay safe.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:40 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

didnt get to catch this one. But everyone is so quick to forget when Smith received a cheap shot, Weber was right there to answer the bell for him. I didnt see it so I cannot judge on what exactly happened but I am sure this is being taken out of context, per the usual.

I guess Ill make the next GDT again because we lost!

EDIT: having watched the video, I see no problem in how Weber reacted.

Last edited by CantbeatzPekka: 04-16-2013 at 01:50 AM.
CantbeatzPekka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
The Canucks fans should be embarrassed with their players really. To have to resort to that type of crap against a non-playoff team with a bunch of AHL callups. Yuck. They have enough skill to not have to do that stuff
As a Canucks fan, I'm proud to see my team play with an edge rather than play soft. For the most part, Canucks are a middle weight team, and if they don't play feisty and push back, they get pushed around by the bigger teams.

I don't blame you for hating Burrows, but against such a dominating physical presence like Gill, but if he was your guy you'd want him to play the same way.

me2: c'mon, Kassian was a total troll there. He saw Weber coming and rather than walk away he gleefully gave Rinne a second shot.

Last edited by Wisp: 04-16-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Wisp is offline   Reply With Quote