HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who does Mac T trade

Old
04-16-2013, 04:10 AM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Maybe some people who cheer for other teams can tell me if I'm way off base here but I'd start here:

Target Sean Couturier, perhaps for Paajarvi + our 1st rounder (top 5-10 range)

Target Steve Downie, he only has a year left until UFA, so perhaps for our 2nd rounder or D help in Nick Schultz who's also expiring at the end of next year.

This one won't happen: but trade Jordan Eberle + 2nd for Ryan McDonagh + 1st

If you're able to land a 2C like Couturier, trade Gagner for D help, a player like Andrej Sekera + a prospect maybe.

If you're able to land Downie or a top-6 winger that can crash-and-bang, flip Hemsky for D help, maybe Hemsky for Meszaros. Both have a year left until UFA and are injury prone.

I'd start there.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:27 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Not all Canuck fans think this.

I would look upon Vancouver as ripe for plucking, were I the GM in Edmonton. Canucks need to dump a boatload of salary this offseason. You could help yourself to several players and offer no return! Scoop Booth, Ballard and Luongo for free!

Since I am ruthless and cold, I would offer sheet Tanev. I'd offer outside of Vancouver's structure, which is five million for top four defencemen. Vancouver might not be able to match it!
I like Luongo to be honest, but I've studied his contract and way it's structured in the new CBA just makes it really, really hard for the Oilers to justify it, as it would be a cap anchor even if he retires.

Which isn't really workable for a team like ours and the contracts we'll likely have down the road.

I think Lu ends up in Florida for basically peanuts in the summer.

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:54 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
So Vancouver fans believe that not only can they trade Lou, but also get value in return for that horid contract, and not take on any more cap space? So some team will put themselves in cap hell, clear Vancouvers cap issues, and give great value in return for doing this very generous favour?
I wouldn't say that Vancouver fans believe anything.

I would say that this one ridiculous fan thinks that it makes sense for Edmonton to add a lot of players from Vancouver since Edmonton has a ton of cap space while Vancouver has to ditch players who are better than what Edmonton really has. I'll admit the value isn't there for Edmonton but Edmonton needs to do something like this to win IMO. Maybe get Miller from Buffalo (but he's a *****), Hartnell from Philly, and Byfuglien but I believe at that point you are going to be giving up 3 big time assets in return rather than one.

IMO, Edmonton should be shopping for a player just like Booth and a defenseman just like Ballard, and a goalie just like Luongo. They have the cap space to take guys like that on and I believe they would make a big impact on your roster.

You can laugh but all that laughing has done is helped out guys build up young talent that all plays the same and continue losing. That was MacT's message to day, we need to do something to change what we have into a winning team.

I've won 12 free lunches at Hy's from different Oilers' fans who bet me that Edmonton would finish ahead of Vancouver this year. If something dramatic doesn't happen, I'd probably be happy to make the bet again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Im sorry, but this is beyond brutal.
Raymond is a tiny forward, not top line, and not what we need
Booth is brain dead, he has size but not the hockey IQ to play 2nd line and too expensive for third

Ballard is not any where near top pairing. Even on the Oilers. He is a decent option for third pairing

Luongo is no better then Dubnyk performance wise. Factor in his dead weight contract with the big 4 and its a disaster. Horcoff has a bad contract but its one year left.

Next, we give up a #1 overall pick, who actually plays with heart and physicality?
Then we also give up a good 3c who can play ugly minutes, AND give a high pick.

Not trading Yakupov for 2nd-3rd liners and big contracts. This is horribad.

I would be willing to trade for Kassian tho. Any deal with Luongo in it is automatically not going to happen. Both in the real world and on HF. Oilers dont need to upgrade goaltending. next time you say its bad look at your respective teams goalie stats to see if hes better.
I'll admit, it's full salesman mode in Vancouver this off-season. All the players listed need to be moved.

Ballard's last season outside of Vancouver he played 20-28 minutes a night in FLA scoring 28 points and leading his team in blocked shots and hits. The guy is stuck behind Edler and Hamhuis (on the left) but every other defenseman on the Oilers would be too.

Raymond is outscoring Hemsky right now and would slip right into your top 6. Despite being a "tiny" 6'0", 185, the guy does something that a lot of your forwards need to start doing, play defense. Would lead by example.

Booth is a physical prescence that plays at a 20-30 goal pace when he's healthy. Has dealt with injury issues (strained groin during training camp this year and has never recovered).

I agree that Dubnyk is a pretty good goalie but I don't see him as a guy that steals games regularly the way Luongo does however I agree that you don't need to upgrade at goalie if Dubs keeps playing the way he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I like Luongo to be honest, but I've studied his contract and way it's structured in the new CBA just makes it really, really hard for the Oilers to justify it, as it would be a cap anchor even if he retires.

Which isn't really workable for a team like ours and the contracts we'll likely have down the road.

I think Lu ends up in Florida for basically peanuts in the summer.
I agree the CBA has really made Luongo's contract worse. The only way I see the issue being worked around is if Luongo goes on LTIR or holds out at the end...which would make it an amazing contract.

DJOpus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I wouldn't say that Vancouver fans believe anything.

I would say that this one ridiculous fan thinks that it makes sense for Edmonton to add a lot of players from Vancouver since Edmonton has a ton of cap space while Vancouver has to ditch players who are better than what Edmonton really has. I'll admit the value isn't there for Edmonton but Edmonton needs to do something like this to win IMO. Maybe get Miller from Buffalo (but he's a *****), Hartnell from Philly, and Byfuglien but I believe at that point you are going to be giving up 3 big time assets in return rather than one.

IMO, Edmonton should be shopping for a player just like Booth and a defenseman just like Ballard, and a goalie just like Luongo. They have the cap space to take guys like that on and I believe they would make a big impact on your roster.

You can laugh but all that laughing has done is helped out guys build up young talent that all plays the same and continue losing. That was MacT's message to day, we need to do something to change what we have into a winning team.
And taking your godawful contracts is not going to help us either. Unless you are giving them out for free and if you want us to take Luongo, you would have to add to that offer.

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:32 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
And taking your godawful contracts is not going to help us either. Unless you are giving them out for free and if you want us to take Luongo, you would have to add to that offer.
No thanks.

Everybody wants something for nothing. Some story as always.

The reality is, if the cap wasn't going down the Canucks would probably happy to keep all of Raymond, Ballard, Booth, and Luongo. All are good to excellent hockey players with Ballard being the weakest of the four IMO but there is a cap crunch coming.

I'd rather just have our owner buyout players than trade them to Edmonton for nothing...I bet we could trade them out East for something individually.

DJOpus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Orange Thunder

I think he'll start with a minor deal, followed by a larger scale move.

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:40 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
No thanks.

Everybody wants something for nothing. Some story as always.

The reality is, if the cap wasn't going down the Canucks would probably happy to keep all of Raymond, Ballard, Booth, and Luongo. All are good to excellent hockey players with Ballard being the weakest of the four IMO but there is a cap crunch coming.

I'd rather just have our owner buyout players than trade them to Edmonton for nothing...I bet we could trade them out East for something individually.
But in reality, the cap is going down and you will have to get rid of some contracts. Everyone knows that. I don't know if you can buy out enough contracts or will there be some kind of cap penalty, but if you can. Do it. Guess what, someone will be picking those players for free then.

Individually you could trade them at least if you are willing to eat some salary, but as a package there is no team in the league who will take all of them unless you pay to take them.

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:49 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Does anyone actually expect a change in Edmonton? As long as Lowe is pulling the strings I really don't see any change in philosophy so nothing will really change.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:10 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Does anyone actually expect a change in Edmonton? As long as Lowe is pulling the strings I really don't see any change in philosophy so nothing will really change.
What specific philosophy are you referring to?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

I think he trades.

Eberle
Belanger
Potter
Peckham
Hemsky
Schultz
1st round pick

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:16 AM
johnsic

Caps offer John Carlson for Nail Yakupov.

johnsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Peter Zezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsic View Post
Caps offer John Carlson for Nail Yakupov.
I think that's an offer the Oilers would take a long hard look at.

Peter Zezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:31 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
Gagner and Hemsky get traded before Eberle. So we will start with that.
easy call but they've been trying to move those two guys for some time and still no takers, there is a reason for that!

however I can see them bundling the 1st rounder with someone like Hemsky and because his 5m is punitive to a degree, Edmonton may need to add a prospect to pick up a couple of solid defensive type vets(D and forward) with some toughness and grit to help Brown out and make them a lot harder to play against

Gagner as an RFA has very little value on the trade market, because he is a guy that will get a minimum of 3.2m and probably ask for a whole lot more.......the question is of course is he worth that kind of money in a cap diminished season?

Edmonton has some great assets on the big club and some good prospects on the farm, but the one thing that is clear is that they need to get tougher. I expected so much more out of them this year like I did last year and the year before that and on and on. they've got scoring coming out of the ying yang they need to get tough and start preventing goals

therealkoho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:40 AM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Maybe some people who cheer for other teams can tell me if I'm way off base here but I'd start here:

Target Sean Couturier, perhaps for Paajarvi + our 1st rounder (top 5-10 range)

Target Steve Downie, he only has a year left until UFA, so perhaps for our 2nd rounder or D help in Nick Schultz who's also expiring at the end of next year.

This one won't happen: but trade Jordan Eberle + 2nd for Ryan McDonagh + 1st

If you're able to land a 2C like Couturier, trade Gagner for D help, a player like Andrej Sekera + a prospect maybe.

If you're able to land Downie or a top-6 winger that can crash-and-bang, flip Hemsky for D help, maybe Hemsky for Meszaros. Both have a year left until UFA and are injury prone.

I'd start there.
You've got that right.

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

And people yell at Oilers fans for "offering spare parts for quality".

The proposals in this thread are so much worse than anything Oilers fans have ever come up with. Luongo, Booth, and Ballard for Yakupov? Seriously?

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Hemsky for Downie and a pick?

Sign Weiss to a short term deal

first round pick (~7 ish) for something

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
tony d
Ours for next 7 yrs.

Taylor Hall and Ales Hemsky I think will get traded this summer to get the Oilers some help on defense.

04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Taylor Hall and Ales Hemsky I think will get traded this summer to get the Oilers some help on defense.
You do not know much about the Oilers . Hall and RNH will be the last ones traded

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
You just proved your utter lack of knowledge of the Oilers. No chance Hall is moved.

Happy Hallidays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
NYRSchrute217

Girardi would be a great fit in Edmonton. What would the Rangers have to add to get Eberle?

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Girardi would be a great fit in Edmonton. What would the Rangers have to add to get Eberle?
Not arguing value here, but why would the Rangers trade their ONLY good RHD?

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:20 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
Not arguing value here, but why would the Rangers trade their ONLY good RHD?
That's really the only downside to the trade (aside from Eberle making 2.5 Million more than Girardi...somehow). If the Rangers feel like they can try Del Zotto on the right side I don't see why they couldn't do that. Maybe the Oilers add a righty defensive prospect who can step in. But Staal-Del Zotto was a great pairing this year.

My final offer would be Girardi+Miller+pick if necessary for Eberle and a defensive prospect

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:22 AM
MPStoEberletoHall

I truely believe Eberle will be moved

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:24 AM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
easy call but they've been trying to move those two guys for some time and still no takers, there is a reason for that!

the reason is that they weren't trying to trade them, they were listening to offers and looking for a high price... This is what Mactavish means when he said bold moves, Tambellini wouldn't trade guys like that unless he was clearly winning the deal, MacT will move them to try and get a different type of depth, maybe he loses the trade maybe he wins it but he's going to change the type of depth the team has.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:28 AM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
That's really the only downside to the trade (aside from Eberle making 2.5 Million more than Girardi...somehow). If the Rangers feel like they can try Del Zotto on the right side I don't see why they couldn't do that. Maybe the Oilers add a righty defensive prospect who can step in. But Staal-Del Zotto was a great pairing this year.

My final offer would be Girardi+Miller+pick if necessary for Eberle and a defensive prospect
I would not stress about trading Girardi then since what Oilers will want is a LH shutdown D to play with J. Schultz... in that sense one of McDonagh Staal (not saying value is there but they are that) would make more sense for us...

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote