HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 02:19 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Defense was bad but so was Price. Hes not making the big saves. He looks out of position. He looks on his knees most of the time.

I'm not blaming Price alone but to completely remove Price from being the actual problem in the past 2 games is laughable.

Price is the single biggest reason we lost the past 2 games (but not the only reason).
Wait, so is he the actual problem or just one of the problems. I didn't think he had a bad game. Toronto - horrendous. He made a lot of really good and timely saves tonight (remember the breakaways when we were on the PP?). Team could have won this game off those saves. Instead they crapped the bed. 2nd goal was the only one he should have stopped though there was traffic and nobody clearing it. He was not the problem. He was the last guy at the end of the chain though. Every D man was responsible tonight, even PK. That was the one when Price got up kind of slowly and was probably thinking "are you f'in serious, people?"

He has to be better overall, no doubt, but this loss isn't on him by a long shot. Soooo many others before him.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:21 AM
Carey Cost*

Wake up, yeah habs are 1-4 since emelin got injured but guess what that 1 w came from Budaj. Nick Dipietro was drafted 1st overall i think he got a huge contract as a no1. Never achieved anythin.
Ad much as would like to believe it Price is not the no1 you all thought he was. I have never seen any other no1 choke the way this guy does... He also got it super easy since day 1
You can make up any excuses you want for him but this guy is probably the worst thing that happend to the organisation so far. The good goalies that we tossed away to make him room is mind blowing. Now we are screwed, he sucks and we don't have a real no1 to replace him.

Carey Price's perfomances are unacceptable for a no1 goalie.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Wake up, yeah habs are 1-4 since emelin got injured but guess what that 1 w came from Budaj. Nick Dipietro was drafted 1st overall i think he got a huge contract as a no1. Never achieved anythin.
Ad much as would like to believe it Price is not the no1 you all thought he was. I have never seen any other no1 choke the way this guy does... He also got it super easy since day 1
You can make up any excuses you want for him but this guy is probably the worst thing that happend to the organisation so far. The good goalies that we tossed away to make him room is mind blowing. Now we are screwed, he sucks and we don't have a real no1 to replace him.

His performance are acceptable for a #1 goalie in the 25-30 range but he gets called elite and franchise player around here so we expect much more.

He's just not kind of a player. He's a solid goalie that will look great at times and **** the bed on other days. He's just a solid, average goalie. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Wait, so is he the actual problem or just one of the problems. I didn't think he had a bad game. Toronto - horrendous. He made a lot of really good and timely saves tonight (remember the breakaways when we were on the PP?). Team could have won this game off those saves. Instead they crapped the bed. 2nd goal was the only one he should have stopped though there was traffic and nobody clearing it. He was not the problem. He was the last guy at the end of the chain though. Every D man was responsible tonight, even PK. That was the one when Price got up kind of slowly and was probably thinking "are you f'in serious, people?"

He has to be better overall, no doubt, but this loss isn't on him by a long shot. Soooo many others before him.
There are many problems right now but right at the top of the list, it says #1 - Carey Price.

He's all over the place. The 1st goal, half his body is outside the crease. 2nd goal, he could have stopped it. The goal that Giroux scored, at first glance ur like ya no chance but then u see he's on his knees and chasing the pass on his knees ..that's not Carey when he plays well. 90% of the net was showing.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:28 AM
habtastic

Quote:

Not gonna bite, I know this is a field day for you given the score and your ignorance of anybody else aside from Price on this team, so I'll let you enjoy it. G'nite!

Old
04-16-2013, 03:03 AM
madhi19
Just the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
WED APR 17, 2013
MONTRÉAL
PITTSBURGH

THU APR 18, 2013
TAMPA BAY
MONTRÉAL

SAT APR 20, 2013
WASHINGTON
MONTRÉAL

TUE APR 23, 2013
MONTRÉAL
NEW JERSEY

THU APR 25, 2013
MONTRÉAL
WINNIPEG

SAT APR 27, 2013
MONTRÉAL
TORONTO

So how would you guys handle the last 6 games? Should Price start them all?
Am tempted to say. "Sit his a$$ down until Budaj cost the Habs a game." But that won't float beside a lot of things went bad lately. Markov and Gorges have clearly lost a step, Emelin got hurt, Diaz is not back yet, Prust hurt his shoulder again... Is this it? Did Mtl spent everything they had in the tank to get here and they got nothing left? Or is it just a crappy week that we need to forget and move on? I guess only time will tell.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:47 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
And you know that how that he wont last very long in the series? People have so much blind faith in Carey Price that my eyes are hurting
Because Budaj is a joinery man goalie? We aren't the Fkyers, we won't make all stars out of backups. Price at his best beats anyone. Budaj at his best is a solid backup. You'd have a case if we had a 1A/1B situation, which clearly isn't the case.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:49 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
I didn't say he's not a priority but you don't just let him stink it up every single game and keep putting him back there like there's no consequences.

NO EXCUSES remember so this holds for White, Eller, Weber, Kaberle, Gomez and it should hold for Carey Price too.

You don't cost the team key points and a key seeding. You don't favor a player and in return cause the detriment of the team.
You're right, although with six games left you can't start messing with your starting goalie. If this was a month ago, I'd say ride Budaj for as long as you can. Now is the time to go all or nothing.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:55 AM
dre2112

FFS, before tonight, Budaj and Price's SV% were .915 and .914 respectively. Budaj is a garbage goalie that plays against weak teams. You guys remember who he was before being Price's backup? One of the worst goalies in the league...

Enough with the Budaj nonsense. He's just a run of the mill backup goalie.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:59 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
FFS, before tonight, Budaj and Price's SV% were .915 and .914 respectively. Budaj is a garbage goalie that plays against weak teams. You guys remember who he was before being Price's backup? One of the worst goalies in the league...

Budaj is doing just fine this year IMO, although it's true that he's no more than a backup goalie.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post

Boston twice, Flyers, and Division leading Winnipeg - all W's.

Got another stupid comment to share? I hope not.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:12 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Boston twice, Flyers, and Division leading Winnipeg - all W's.

Got another stupid comment to share? I hope not.
Flyers arent doing any good this year, Winnipeg was a .500 hockey team even as division leader...

Closed Thread