HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeny Kuznetsov to Edmonton

Old
04-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
That "depth winger" has two more goals than anyone on Edmonton.
South east division...

Where points are like condoms at clinics and are handed out freely.

3/5 of the worst teams for GA are in that division and all of them are in the bottom 10.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:25 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Yeah and CGY/COL should be right there too.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
South east division...

Where points are like condoms at clinics and are handed out freely.

3/5 of the worst teams for GA are in that division and all of them are in the bottom 10.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Zoidberg Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...
I don't see any stones being thrown. It was a legitimate response, more goals are scored in the Southeast division than the Northwest. That doesn't mean its an easier division, it just makes the games higher scoring, and that's not opinion, that's fact. Teams lose 5-3 in the Southeast instead of losing 3-1.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I don't see any stones being thrown. It was a legitimate response, more goals are scored in the Southeast division than the Northwest. That doesn't mean its an easier division, it just makes the games higher scoring, and that's not opinion, that's fact. Teams lose 5-3 in the Southeast instead of losing 3-1.
So because the southeast doesn't play boring hockey like most western teams you all think they should be penalized in the record books somehow?

Put the puck in the net. No matter what division,goalie or line you play on.

As long as Brouwer is on a power play with Backstrom,Ovie and Ribs he's a lock for 25 goals maybe more.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:08 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
chicken and the egg. there is some high end talent in the southeast. i suppose you can try and shoot them all down because of that. ovechkin, backstrom, staal(eric), stamkos, st louis and so forth.

you think its true that ovechkin and stamkos are actually only average players but play in the southeast?

i wonder if those convinced of this southeast thing have considered that these top players actually often score less agains their rivals who know them better and play harder against them?

Last edited by txpd: 04-16-2013 at 11:14 AM.
txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
So because the southeast doesn't play boring hockey like most western teams you all think they should be penalized in the record books somehow?

Put the puck in the net. No matter what division,goalie or line you play on.

As long as Brouwer is on a power play with Backstrom,Ovie and Ribs he's a lock for 25 goals maybe more.
Penalized, no. But like all stats, you need to look at them in context.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:53 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
chicken and the egg. there is some high end talent in the southeast. i suppose you can try and shoot them all down because of that. ovechkin, backstrom, staal(eric), stamkos, st louis and so forth.

you think its true that ovechkin and stamkos are actually only average players but play in the southeast?

i wonder if those convinced of this southeast thing have considered that these top players actually often score less agains their rivals who know them better and play harder against them?
Well, if the superstars score less, then the Southeast is weaker than I thought, because they suck even worse against better divisions.

Seriously. More goals against. More open game. It's not a negative, I don't know why you guys are getting your panties twisted over it.

Last edited by spiny norman: 04-16-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: [/B][/QUOTE]
Old
04-16-2013, 12:49 PM
txpd

because its a constant drumbeat. anything good out of the southeast isnt really that good because the southeast sucks.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Capathetic

Just another routine game for the caps tonight vs southeast....oh wait. Yeah they put up four in two periods against a leafs team that hasn't lost in regulation in 8 strait games.

Yes Brouwer scored a pretty even strength goal.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote