HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

U18 WJC - Roster discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
  #1
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
U18 WJC - Roster discussion

If anyone is interested we could discuss the German roster for the U18 WJC.

The Roster is now official:

PosNameTeamLeagueDOBHeightWeightShoots
GFlorian ProskeJungadler MannheimDNL1996-06-221,83m / 6'00''75kg / 165lbL
GKevin ReichJungadler MannheimDNL1995-10-261,86m / 6'01''90kg / 198lbL
GHannibal WeitzmannStarbulls Rosenheim U18DNL1995-09-251,83m / 6'00''85kg / 187lbL
        
DTim BenderJungadler MannheimDNL1995-03-191,82m / 6'00''79kg / 174lbL
DJanik MöserJungadler MannheimDNL1995-09-261,81m / 5'11''84kg / 185lbL
DJonas MüllerEisbären JuniorsDNL1995-11-191,81m / 5'11''78kg / 172lbL
DDorian SaeftelJungadler MannheimDNL1995-04-181,90m / 6'03''93kg / 205lbL
DAndreas SchwarzEC Bad TölzOL Süd1995-05-061,82m / 6'00''76kg / 168lbL
DFabio WagnerLandshut Cannibals2.BL1995-09-171,82m / 6'00''85kg / 187lbL
DYannis WalchJungadler MannheimDNL1995-04-251,81m / 5'11''88kg / 194lbL
        
FLeon DraisaitlPrince Albert RaidersWHL1995-10-271,88m / 6'02''90kg / 198lbL
FAndreas EderEC Bad TölzOL Süd1996-03-201,89m / 6'02''81kg / 179lbR
FMarkus EisenschmidESV Kaufbeuren2.BL1995-01-221,83m / 6'00''78kg / 172lbR
FErik GollenbeckJungadler MannheimDNL1995-05-311,76m / 5'09''74kg / 163lbR
FDominik KahunSudbury WolvesOHL1995-07-021,76m / 5'09''78kg / 172lbL
FMaximilian KammererEC Bad TölzOL Süd1996-09-281,83m / 6'00''72kg / 159lbL
FMarc MichaelisJungadler MannheimDNL1995-07-311,77m / 5'10''76kg / 168lbL
FFabio PfohlFüchse DuisburgOL West1995-10-181,80m / 5'11''85kg / 187lbL
FMarc SchmidpeterEV Landshut U18DNL1995-03-031,88m / 6'02''85kg / 187lbR
FMarco SedlarEV Landshut U18DNL1995-08-301,81m / 5'11''78kg / 172lbL
FDenis ShevyrinKrefelder EV U18DNL1995-03-291,83m / 6'00''82kg / 181lbL
FParker TuomieJungadler MannheimDNL1995-10-311,75m / 5'09''76kg / 168lbL
FMaximilian VollmayerEHC KlosterseeOL Süd1995-10-291,85m / 6'01''75kg / 165lbR

I am a little surprised, that Denis Shevyrin and Dominik Lascheit did not make the team.
Also Frederik Tiffels is missing, but he is still playing in the USHL and is not available, although he may also be injured because he missed a game recently.


Last edited by Maverick41: 04-17-2013 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Update
Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:44 PM
  #2
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 500
There should be some articles up soon with some news from the German camp...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:33 AM
  #3
PGCougar
almostcanadian
 
PGCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Germany
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Compared to the Canadian roster it's the same as at the U20 WJC. I expect Germany not to have a chance in most of the games. The best player by far is of course Leon Draisaitl. But the others play in German Juniors and Oberliga (+ two guys from the 2nd Bundesliga) which is not even close to the CHL level.

However, I don't know much about them. I only saw Fabio Pfohl three or four times this year. But I can neither remember him scoring nor was he an outstanding player. Still, I'm curious to see what these kids can do at the WJC.

PGCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
  #4
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beichi10 View Post
Compared to the Canadian roster it's the same as at the U20 WJC. I expect Germany not to have a chance in most of the games. The best player by far is of course Leon Draisaitl. But the others play in German Juniors and Oberliga (+ two guys from the 2nd Bundesliga) which is not even close to the CHL level.

However, I don't know much about them. I only saw Fabio Pfohl three or four times this year. But I can neither remember him scoring nor was he an outstanding player. Still, I'm curious to see what these kids can do at the WJC.
I am very excited about this tournament, and I hope I can find some streams for the games.

One guy I am very high on is Max Kammerer. I am probably overrating him, since I have only seen him play once and the rest of my personal hype for this kid is purely based on stats and the fact that he is playing in a men's league at his age, albeit not a very good league.

I also like our goalies, and we're gonna need them. I guess that Reich or Weitzmann will be the number 1 goalie, or maybe they share that role and split the starts.

Our defense excites and worries me at the same time. There is not a lot of size or physicality there, although they're not exactly sof either, but there is some offensive potential there. Tim Bender, Janik Möser and Jonas Müller can contribute offensively, if they get a chance.

The forwards are interesting. Of course Draisaitl is the best player on the team and only Kahun is even coming close to him. Beyond those two there seems to be a lot of grit and role players but I hope that guys like Kammerer, Tuomie, Eisenschmid, Michaelis and Gollenbeck can provide some offense to take some of the pressure from Leon and Dominik.

All in all I think there is chance for this team to compete with Switzerland and Slovakia in the group stage.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:54 PM
  #5
PGCougar
almostcanadian
 
PGCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Germany
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Oh, I I missed Kahun. Thought he'd be injured or something. But they will probably be like Draisaitl/Rieder at the U20. One line that can actually compete with Canada and the others but behind them there's not much left (unfortunately).

One (and maybe the only) advantage in having many unpopular players on the roster might be that the other teams don't know much about them whereas Germany should know a lot about the CHL and NCAA players.

If you find some live streams, please share them!

PGCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
  #6
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
All in all I think there is chance for this team to compete with Switzerland and Slovakia in the group stage.
Slovakia is weak, all leaders of offence from previous yrs (Torok, Koys, Paulovič, Reway) are missing. Only Cehlarik can score, nothing more.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:55 PM
  #7
Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beichi10 View Post
Oh, I I missed Kahun. Thought he'd be injured or something. But they will probably be like Draisaitl/Rieder at the U20. One line that can actually compete with Canada and the others but behind them there's not much left (unfortunately).

One (and maybe the only) advantage in having many unpopular players on the roster might be that the other teams don't know much about them whereas Germany should know a lot about the CHL and NCAA players.

If you find some live streams, please share them!
Why would Germany know a lot about CHL or NCAA players?
It's not like there is widespread interest in those leagues in Europe, and even international teams will hardly scout possible first round picks of the next NHL-draft just because they play one or two games against them.

The talent scouting that is available to everybody is hardly comparable to team-scouting that would actually help on the ice.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:23 AM
  #8
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
I almost forgot that the team played an exhibition game vs. Finland on Monday.

Not surprisingly they lost 1-5. It was also not surprising that Leon Draisaitl scored the lone goal for the team.

Nico Sturm was injured in the game and had to head back home. Denis Shevyrin will replace him.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:45 PM
  #9
PGCougar
almostcanadian
 
PGCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Germany
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Germany pulled off a 6:3 win over Slovakia today, great to see! But (as expected) line 1 is the only one that scores - Draisaitl 1G+4A Kahun 2G+3A...

PGCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 07:51 AM
  #10
Younghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Germany Vs Russia u18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beichi10 View Post
Germany pulled off a 6:3 win over Slovakia today, great to see! But (as expected) line 1 is the only one that scores - Draisaitl 1G+4A Kahun 2G+3A...
Russia vs Germany could be very hard

Younghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 09:54 AM
  #11
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Younghockey View Post
Russia vs Germany could be very hard
Indeed.
Good news: Finally a German game where a stream should be available.
Bad news: It's going to be the last game for the German team and probably not a pretty one.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:44 AM
  #12
Younghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Indeed.
Good news: Finally a German game where a stream should be available.
Bad news: It's going to be the last game for the German team and probably not a pretty one.
Yes onhockey.ru you can watch the Game but what do you think Reich or Weitzmann? Who will Play tomorrow?

Younghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
  #13
hage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Younghockey View Post
Yes onhockey.ru you can watch the Game but what do you think Reich or Weitzmann? Who will Play tomorrow?
Reich clearly seems to have established himself as the starter for this tournament, but sadly I expect that both goalies will get to play tomorrow

hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:11 AM
  #14
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hage View Post
Reich clearly seems to have established himself as the starter for this tournament, but sadly I expect that both goalies will get to play tomorrow
I agree, this seems to be a likely scenario.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 05:51 AM
  #15
Younghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Yesterday, germany played well!!! Reich did some nice saves

Younghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.